Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gulf of Mexico - the final countdown ?

Macroramphosis

I post this link http://www.theoildru...ode/6593/648967 without reservation, in a new thread as I suspect it will provoke some very different responses to what has been said before. The author of the linked thread is a respected oil analyst, with both geological and scientific backgrounds.

I do urge you to read the article in the link - it will most definitely affect us all if it comes true. I'd like to hear what anyone who is expert in the field has to say.

"I used to cover the energy business (oil, gas and alternative) here in Texas, and the few experts in the oil field -- including geologists, chemists, etc. -- able or willing to even speak of this BP event told me early on that it is likely the entire reserve will bleed out. Unfortunately none of them could say with any certainty just how much oil is in the reserve in question because, for one thing, the oil industry and secrecy have always been synonymous. According to BP data from about five years ago, there are four separate reservoirs containing a total of 2.5 billion barrels (barrels not gallons). One of the reservoirs has 1.5 billion barrels. I saw an earlier post here quoting an Anadarko Petroleum report which set the total amount at 2.3 billion barrels. One New York Times article put it at 2 billion barrels.

If the BP data correctly or honestly identified four separate reservoirs then a bleed-out might gush less than 2 to 2.5 billion barrels unless the walls -- as it were -- fracture or partially collapse. I am hearing the same dark rumors which suggest fracturing and a complete bleed-out are already underway. Rumors also suggest a massive collapse of the Gulf floor itself is in the making. They are just rumors but it is time for geologists or related experts to end their deafening silence and speak to these possibilities.

The video links from BP show some of the ROV's are far more intent on searching the seabed and measuring the lean of the BOP than the outpouring oil - is this a clue as to what is really going to happen next?

Is this the end of our civilized existence ? What will the final outcome be ?

Edited by Macroramphosis

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Macroramphosis

• The Silver Thong

• Siara

• DONTEATUS

If the sea floor does collapse I can't imagine the out come. To nasty to think about really.

Apparently there is an easy way to clean this mess with microbes.

What do you think?

If the sea floor does collapse I can't imagine the out come. To nasty to think about really.

Maybe that's what it will take for people to drastically change their lifestyles. I bet that if the United States fell to it's knees and collapsed you'd still have a huge number of morons cruising around in their Hummers babbling about the Constitution and their freedom and demanding more drilling.

"....What's that? The United States doesn't exist any more so there isn't any more Constitution? Well, that's the fault of the ****ing liberals. We should have drilled more. Jesus put oil on earth for us to enjoy. I have a Christian right to use as much oil as I want. More drilling please!"

Apparently there is an easy way to clean this mess with microbes.

What do you think?

I don't think this is even remotely possible. There has not been one instance in history in which introducing a massive population of a new species has worked. It might cause the ecosystem to morph into something different than what it would be without the microbes, but once the balance of nature has been wrecked, it's been wrecked.

People simply can't face the fact that they may have caused irreparable harm. Actually, drilling to intersect the problem well has worked in other cases similar to this. The chances that it will work again are realistically good.

So... the day before yesterday there was a flash flood in Arkansas that killed 20 people. At the very moment there is a bizarre flood in Oklahoma City that will probably take lives. A while ago people in Nashville, Tennessee experienced a flood so bizarre that they didn't even know what to say. At the time friend of mine in Nashville said, "Uh...uh... something weird is happening". The gorgeous beaches and marshes of the Gulf States are being destroyed. There's more and more obvious death there every day. And the people down there still say "Global warming is a hoax. Oil is good. Drill more, drill deeper". WTF? Obviously data has no meaning to them whatsoever.

I can't imagine this will kill us. It will force some changes, assuming nature doesn't pull her punches. I can see us surviving all of this with a few major, difficult changes made. . . heck, we'll probably survive it without them, but not in any shape we'd want to live in. Probably better to seriously work on alternative fuel sources, and to improve filtering technology to clean up the water. (Even if we don't fix the Gulf, we'll need the filters to clean up our drinking water if the hurricanes dump oil laden water into reservoirs near the coast.)

Edited by J.B.

It's a strange unnatural world that we live in, something has got to give! The oil is going to run out either way, leak or no leak, we need to change our ways. The United States is one of the world's biggest polluters, and i don't believe for a minute if this had happened in another country, it would have been such big news. This oil leak is America's pollution and arrogance coming home to roost, and i feel sorry for the American people who have been forced to suffer because of this. I hope they take BP to the wall and show big oil companies that they wont stand for it anymore, without harming ties with the British people, because unforetunately Britain owns 40% of BP and it did used to be called "British Petroleum". As a British person, i am sorry for what is happening to the Gulf Coast, and i hope we can all work together to clean it up. And work together to mend the planet. Alternative energy all the way.

Watch this movie. It's chilling. Peak oil is already a looming issue, and now this destruction of the eco-system in the Gulf of Mexico and the potential for serious ramifications for all of us. The world is changing, and I have a sinking feeling that our society has become so out of sync with our planet that it is bound to self destruct. Scary times.

Over 750 more deep wells ready to split ther guts ! We will need to stop all Offshore drilling ASAP! Somebody Just Say Do it!

Watch this movie. It's chilling. Peak oil is already a looming issue, and now this destruction of the eco-system in the Gulf of Mexico and the potential for serious ramifications for all of us. The world is changing, and I have a sinking feeling that our society has become so out of sync with our planet that it is bound to self destruct. Scary times.

Oh man I did go watch it after reading your post and thanks for posting the hint. Great over view on just how dependant we are and how little we can choose as an alternative fuel. Everything we buy is due to oil, everything.

Raining oil now

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f2_1277343220

Edited by The Silver Thong

*just shakes her head* And that fool judge in Lousiana denying the mandate to hold off on drilling.. Let's hang his nice white linens out in the next rainfall and let's see how he'll like having them oilstained -.-

And in the meantime, yesterday, Obama signs 2 billion dollars to Petrobras of Brazil for their deepwater offshore drilling. You know who their chairman is, don't you ?

Horses for courses.

The really strange things to come out of this whole affair is that the six-month moratorium on deepwater drilling in the GOM, which may yet be overturned, has already led to 80% of the rigs there signing contracts offshore (mostly with Petrobas). Even is Salazar's moratorium is overturned, there will be little to zero drilling in the GOM for many months to come - the rigs will be gone. That's a small piece of good news, which undoubtedly will come back to bite us all.

When wireless electricity stops being suppressed by the utility and oil companies, problem solved. The "energy crisis" is artificially created.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

You can't charge people for energy if the Earth becomes a battery with endless free energy. Einstein said that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and that he wasn't sure about the latter. I am in agreement except he failed to mention what is more infinite than the universe and human stupidity. Greed.

edit

Nikola Tesla holding a wirelessly powered lightbulb

1zggh8y.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_coil

That is what is being suppressed. After his death all of his documents were confiscated. Many things he invented are being suppressed. Tesla invented the modern world we live in today single-handedly, the way things are now is not how they should be.

The earth itself can be used to generate electricity, there is an endless source of magma under the crust to power generators. That is how a Type 1 civilization will most likely produce energy, by transmitting it wirelessly. Solar, wind and hydroelectric energy can all be transmitted wirelessly as well.

Also, in a related article here at UM the same thing is mentioned.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=96968

The only reason there is a crisis at all is greed. It will be too late to switch to wireless electricity after there is an apocalypse created by that greed.

Maintaining a global wireless electricity system can be achieved by charging everyone on Earth a small tax. It can still be profitable.

Edited by Fernand0

And in the meantime, yesterday, Obama signs 2 billion dollars to Petrobras of Brazil for their deepwater offshore drilling.

nope. Happened during the BUSH administration.

Beck's conspiracy theory hinges on false claim that Obama issued loan to Petrobras

Beck: "Petrobras is drilling at 2,777 meters. Obama knows it and loans $2 billion to Petrobras." Beck's entire conspiracy theory relies on the completely discredited falsehood that the Obama administration loaned $2 billion to Petrobras. Beck claimed that "the administration" was "making a $2 billion preliminary commitment for Petrobras, for Petrobras, for exploration," and claimed "Petrobras is drilling at 2,777 meters. Obama knows it and loans $2 billion to Petrobras."

Bush appointees at Export-Import bank unanimously approved loan to Brazil

Loan approved by Bush-appointed bank board. As FactCheck.org noted in September 2009, the "bogus" claim that Obama "loan[ed] $2 billion to Petrobras" can be traced to an email that was circulating at the time. FactCheck called the claim "bogus," noting that the Export-Import Bank of the United States approved a "preliminary commitment" to Brazil to finance "their purchases of U.S. equipment, products and services." At the time, "the Bank's Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by George W. Bush."

source

Edited by ninjadude

nope. Happened during the BUSH administration.

source

If that's true, ninja, then the Wall Street Journal needs a kick up the ass. For that's where I got this story !! wacko.gif

http://online.wsj.co...0120524166.html

And although I now notice that the date on the article is August last year (my fault, I should have checked the link when it was sent to me) the gist of the story still maintains that it happened during Obama's tenure.

But thanks for the clarification if you're correct. Unfortunately one thing is certain - that this, the loudest wake-up call that nature has ever given mankind's mechanization of the planet - will fade into obscurity. I fear we will ruin this opportunity to mend our ways, just like so many other opportunities in the past.

Edited by Macroramphosis

I hope most of our members Dont Have Really Young Kids ,or Plan to Have them! Cause ITs all going to be Over!

• 3 weeks later...

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event.

Ominous reports are leaking past the BP Gulf salvage operation news blackout that the disaster unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico may be about to reach biblical proportions.

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

I'm going to make my own prediction:

There will be a massive ecological impact from this spill. Many species will suffer. This effect will be felt for years, perhaps decades. In a few decades the effects will be precieved as 'normal' once again and life will go on. During that period other disasters will happen, some may be worse. As each occurs it will be considered 'the big one'. The true disaster is the lack of forsight and knee jerk reactions that stifle any true consistant progress. Our short sightedness and lack of vision beyond our own lifetimes prevents careful planning so that future generations may enjoy a cleaner world without sacrifice of freedoms. This disaster is horrible. Do I believe it will be the end of the world, certainly not. Do I think we will take measured steps to prevent this sort of thing from ever happening again, no. Those knee jerk reactions always lead to wildly swinging political, social and economic changes. One administration will rush and overreact to the next. No patience, no planning and no long term realistic plan that takes into account the one variable that screws up all ideas, the folly of man. JMO.

I haven't checked those links but I wanted to add, that I live in Florida, on the east coast. While there might be some sort of grand conspiracy I haven't seen any truly alarming over the top horror news about any of our beaches (Panhandle, west coast, south or east). I know our local paper is very liberal, ecologically minded and I am sure they would splash horrific ecological disaster news all over the place (every year there are the same stories about nesting sea turtles and the black out's required on the beaches so they can find the ocean when they hatch, the same story for decades)...so far very little...even if it were for a beach on the other side of the state.

I'll have to check those links....sounds like some sensationalizing (sp?) might be going on...not that it isn't terrible on it's own.

Edited by Esoteric Toad

I don't even want to think about what will happen if the sea floor in the GOM collapses. It would make a helluva bang. We'll lose a great deal of our coastal areas to tsunamis and earthquakes I would suppose. Highly populated areas. How far inland will this oil go with hurricane season now upon us for the next 4 months. Any evidence if it's gotten into the gulf stream? That would carry it up the east coast and across the Atlantic. Haven't heard anything about that possibility yet.

Those links about Pensecola are frightening. You could probably set that stuff on fire.