Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Warning over killer kangaroos

UM-Bot

news iconAustralians living in the nation's drought-ravaged capital have been warned to keep their distance from aggressive kangaroos after the iconic marsupials attacked one woman and killed a pet dog.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: CNN

Seraphina

You know...you think of animals you'd expect to attack humans, and kangeroos just...don't make it onto the list huh.gif

Talon

"My friend started shouting: 'There's a kangaroo in the pond. It's got Summer'. It was surreal, like your worst nightmare," Christine Canham told the Canberra Times newspaper."She was screaming and screaming.

You don't shout and scream for **** sake! You go and help your dog!!

Falco Rex

I knew that once we trained them to box, something like this would eventually happen...

SilverCougar

*shrugs*

Any animal can become aggressive if they feel endangered. And well.. lack of food does kick in that instinctal survival mode...

BurnSide

Both times it was probably those stupid tiny yappy dogs too, which ran up to the kangaroo and started yapping at it, frightening the animal.

STIX

that woman deserves a good kick from a kangaroo if shes stupid enough to approach one like that. Arrogant humans, we have removed ourselves from the food chain and once one of us are thrust back in we are at a loss because we have forgotten the ways of the jungle.

TheOracle

Those twitts got what was coming to them unfortunately. At the end of the day no matter how cute and cuddly they look, they are still a wild and very capable of doing serious injury and even killing you. You should allways keep your distance from them and having those yappin bloody dogs with them didn't help their cause either.

Try picking up a cute and cuddly Koala in the wild and see what happens....I dare ya

Pherrett

LOL oracle i told an amarican friend to pick up a koala when he was over here and he almost did it (i would have stopped him though)

but onto the kangaroos i live in a small rural town and see them often looking for food and its sad. They are only trying to feed themselves and its dry as hell here, the worst drought on record. One word of advice dont approach them especially if a female has a joey and dont feed them directly, if you do feed them do it from a safe distance or from your car.

bathory

Both times it was probably those stupid tiny yappy dogs too, which ran up to the kangaroo and started yapping at it, frightening the animal.

i know one of the cases it was two labradors, the roo drowned one and nearly killed the other one, if a roo tried to kill my remaining doggy, i'd stick a knife between my teeth and jump into save my cuddly little monster:)

Snowbaby

And we thought Roo's were friendly wee creatures?!

*mental note to self* stay clear of kangaroos* ohmy.gif

Dowdy

And we thought Roo's were friendly wee creatures?!

They are if they are in zoo's. I went to an open range zoo once on holiday and i was patting the roo, gave it a hug, and i put my arm over it's shoulder - pretending they we were mates. i have the photo somewhere. I was even pretending to box with it ie. boxing kangaroo. tongue.gif

But i live in the city and i don't see wild roos.