Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires. Im Talking About The Real Kind

Skitz

For a start i dont want to talk to any of you people who think that because you sleep in a box, suck blood and hate garlic, your a vamp, your not.

The vamps im talkin about are the ones that look like normal people, psy vamps in a way, you drain energy from ppl instead of blood

im not a vamp, that i know of but a lot of vamps have said they reckon i mihgt be, but the all live in some other country so theyt wouldnt really know

LOVE LIFE, TRUST IN DEATH

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Falco Rex

• SerenitysRiver

• catsrule52

SARCASIM DETECTOR ACTIVATED! PLEASE BEGIN TO TALK NOW:

I was a vampire in a past life, like the ones on Interview with a Vampire wub.gif

*slaps forehead*

*repeatedly*

*hard*

I believe some people really are Vampires....

Well, they suck anyway..

As far as the undead or psychic kinds. No comment is really necesary..

Yeah, You All Think Im A Crazy <CENSORED> Dont Ya, To Bad

Hope Your Reality Turns Out Good

Vamps can drink blood, but the ones who do it just cause they like the taste are sik freaks

Edit: DON"T USE BAD WORDS!

Edited by Mentalcase

huh.gif ^

grin2.gif

Ummmm.....yes rolleyes.gif

SARCASIM DETECTION RESULTS: 25% sarcasm detected -

ME AGAIN:

"I was a vampire in a past life, like the ones on Interview with a Vampire."

PERSONAL COMMENT: Of course.

*slaps forehead*

*repeatedly*

*hard*

LOL Burnsey I've done that myself on occasion laugh.gif

Dot

Hope Your Reality Turns Out Good

My reality is just fine, thanks for asking.

Vampires in the classical sense are fictional beings, but like much fiction is based on a tiny grain of reality...As this has been covered in other threads ad infinitum I will leave it to you to use the search function to learn more about the medical conditions that inspire the classical concepts of a vampire.

As for psychic vampires, it is more of the same fiction. The term is commonly applied to people who are "draining" to be around. There is no psychic aspect to the matter; nothing magical or undead either. There are other terms applied to these same "draining" people, but none come to mind that are appropriate for this forum. (think: jack@ss)

There is a surprisingly large number of youths who consider vampires to be a very real thing, but then again kids are gullible that way.

I know a lot of information on the lore that is vampires. I think they could be very real, weather sucking blood or draining energy. Just read the Vampire Encyclopedia cool.gif

There is a surprisingly large number of youths who consider vampires to be a very real thing, but then again kids are gullible that way.

Well, there are an amazingly large number of people who believe that a God exists, yet they have never seen Him/Her/It and there is no scientific proof to prove their is a God. Does that mean they are simply gullible?

I'm not denying the existance of a Supreme Being. But saying someone is gullible just because they believe something you do not. . . .That's beyond logical skeptecism.

And, drawing from my research on vampires, there is a distinction between "real" vampires and the ones in fiction. "Real" vampires are humans. They are not the Undead. They do not have unbelievably superhuman powers. They simply live a different lifestyle than most do. Now, I know there are some out there who believe they are vampires and believe they can fly or their face morphs during the Thirst, or share other characteristics from fiction. In majority, though, they are simply "normal" people with an abnormal way of seeing themselves and the world around them.

Edited by SerenitysRiver

How can you be a vampire in a past life? Vampires are immortal? They don't die... blink.gif

And I have a question: if vampires suck blood up through their elongated canines, how come their blood doesn't drip out of them when they're not sucking blood? Or is it that they use their elongated canines to pierce the blood vessel and then ingest it in a 'normal' fashion?

Yes I've had wine...

whistling2.gif

I'm fairly certain they don't have hollow canines. . . . I've heard that theory/interpretation/whatever many times, though, usually stated or asked with confusion. Vampires, in the traditional sense, bite their victims to puncture the skin and suck the blood into their mouths.

Again, that's more fictional than anything else, because most "real" vampires (see definition above) not not bite to get blood. They tend to use razors and many times their blood givers are willing doners.

And about being a reborn vampire. . . . .I'm not saying I believe in them, but immortality in cases such as vampires wouldn't stand in their way. Vampires are immortal, meaning they do not die of aging. They can be killed, though, and therefore CAN die. Anne Rice, I believe, allows her vampires to die by fire or by sunlight exposure. Therefore, if Me Again believes they are a reborn vampire, defined by the same laws created by Anne Rice in her fictional works, it would be possible. . . . . in the perameters of fiction, at least.

Edited by SerenitysRiver

How can you be a vampire in a past life? Vampires are immortal? They don't die... blink.gif

And I have a question: if vampires suck blood up through their elongated canines, how come their blood doesn't drip out of them when they're not sucking blood? Or is it that they use their elongated canines to pierce the blood vessel and then ingest it in a 'normal' fashion?

Yes I've had wine...

whistling2.gif

Immortality does not grant invincibility; just the gift of never dying of old age. 'Vampires' can be slain just as a normal man can.

Well, there are an amazingly large number of people who believe that a God exists, yet they have never seen Him/Her/It and there is no scientific proof to prove their is a God. Does that mean they are simply gullible?

I'm not denying the existance of a Supreme Being. But saying someone is gullible just because they believe something you do not. . . .That's beyond logical skeptecism.

He isn't saying they're gullible because they believe. He's saying that they are gullible because they are young. They do not have the knowledge that comes with experience that adults have.

Fluffybunny is fairly well known for his objectivity. He pretty much says what he means. Taking his original statement, translating "kids" specifically to "people" in general through the use of a metaphor, then restating what he said using the metaphor as reference (instead of the original context)...that's a logical inconsistency. It's referred to as a straw man argument.

And, drawing from my research on vampires, there is a distinction between "real" vampires and the ones in fiction. "Real" vampires are humans. They are not the Undead. They do not have unbelievably superhuman powers. They simply live a different lifestyle than most do. Now, I know there are some out there who believe they are vampires and believe they can fly or their face morphs during the Thirst, or share other characteristics from fiction. In majority, though, they are simply "normal" people with an abnormal way of seeing themselves and the world around them.

Exactly what research is this? What are your sources?

It sounds an awful lot like you are saying that what makes a 'real' vampire is seeing themselves and the world as if they were vampires and they enjoy drinking blood. That's not much of a definition. It doesn't seperate them from wanabe vampires.

What is the difference between this and VPD (Vampiric Personality Disorder).

Does that mean they are simply gullible?

You probably wouldn't like my answer on that either...

People that pretend to be a vampire, or consider themselves a vampire does not mean that vampires exist...They are fictional creatures. There is little difference between folks pretending to be vampires and every eight year old that is running around pretending to be able to shoot a web out of their wrist ala Spiderman...

my ex was a psy vamp.

she sucked my energy, money, and sense of humour right out of me.

when i have to talk to her now on the phone about anything, she still manages

to suck a lot of energy out of me.

fortunately, i now live with someone who regenerates my spirit on a daily basis.

but yeah,, they're out there. wink2.gif

For a start i dont want to talk to any of you people who think that because you sleep in a box, suck blood and hate garlic, your a vamp, your not.

The vamps im talkin about are the ones that look like normal people, psy vamps in a way, you drain energy from ppl instead of blood

im not a vamp, that i know of but a lot of vamps have said they reckon i mihgt be, but the all live in some other country so theyt wouldnt really know

LOVE LIFE, TRUST IN DEATH

I've heard of psy vamps too, though that mostly might be because I spend to much time with Serenity, but oh well. acually it's creepy how normal "Vampires" really are. But they are truely Vampire, just not in the classical, romanticized sense of the word. Normal people living of the energies and emtions of other people. And this does not mean that they drain the other people. It just means they share what is esentially your life forse with you. Sigh, there's no good way to say that. Our english language isn't descriptive enough. we need to return to Latin. anyways off topic. I just though I'd pop in with what Serenity forgot to say (she does all the research except when it comes to dragons) Psy Vamps don't nessiccarly drain you, sometimes they don't even know what their doing. You don't have to feel it, but sometimes its just a tingle down your back, or maybe as strong a feeling as if you are stoned. Or drunk. that's my peice.

Hey Some People Actually Know What Im Talking About. Im Suprised That Not All People THink IM Mental. i knew there were people that would think that but i doubted id find them, jeceris can you get ur vamp frienmd to come on?

A vampire or "bloodist" is a person with the ability to absord energy from blood. Seeing that Blood is a symbol of life. Other stuffs would includ sensitivity and such. and for that one dude I dun think your crazy, everyone thinks im crazy 4 that and such, but im in this life time haha thumbsup.gif

Yay 4 me!

"Bizzare" belifs are intresting so I and whoever else have them should carry on grin2.gif

Edited by catsrule52

Ummm,OK blink.gif ...Since you get energy by burning calories, wouldn't an actual vampire have to absorb heat rather than drink blood? Blood has no innate "energy" to absorb..

Edited by Falco Rex

I am giving myself a mental shake, yet I wonder now if and how many calories are in blood ( tongue.gif thanks for making that random thought appear in my head Falco)

I disagree there have to be calories in blood for the simple reason that a diabetic measures blood sugar.

As far as vampires go I agree with fluffy

Yeah blood carries vitamins and minerals and the like, but it can only be processed by your own body. Consider how some blood transfusions fail, even if they're the same blood type. The only thing you can get out of someone else's blood are varying amounts of Metallic minerals like Iron. And drinking large amounts of blood can make you very ill..

You're not telling me that there's things out there that can physically live on symbolism alone?

I agree with Fluffy too, I was just trying to draw the Kooks out a little further.. devil.gif

Of course even if I do happen to be wrong about the blood thing, someone still has to adequately explain how merely drinking blood stops all cellular degeneration and enables you to walk around after you're dead and all.. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Falco Rex

I agree with Fluffy too, I was just trying to draw the Kooks out a little further.. devil.gif

Naughty Falco laugh.gif

*Dot ponders the fact that that she is AB+ and a universal receiver....

Hmm. Could I be a Vampire? I am anemic, I stay up to all hours at night but it's 8:06 am and I haven't burst in to a ball of flame....Nope Guess not. tongue.giflaugh.gif