Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Blood' runs from image of Christ

Still Waters

Thousands of pilgrims have overwhelmed a small church in Argentina after blood was said to be oozing down the face of an image of Jesus Christ.

A red substance was photographed running from the forehead of Jesus and down his cheek in a church depiction of the Last Supper.

Local priest Father Jorge Gandur said the 'ooze comes from one of the wounds on the left side of the forehead of Christ produced by the crown of thorns'.

The stains were first noticed on Friday by two men who had entered the Oratory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Yerba Buena, Tucuman province.

The pair reported the substance to Father Gandur, who took samples of the substance to be scientifically tested to see if it was human blood.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• OverSword

• Still Waters

• TinkyBlink

Test to see if it is human blood? WHY?

If it IS human blood wouldn't that invalidate any type of idea that it is divine?

Heck with testing, X-ray the picture or image and get someone to put a video camera on it, front and back. Let's see if it keeps oozing.

Nibs

From the article:

If this is something wrought by God, it will have continuity, and if it is of men, it will disappear,' Father Gandur said.

'As a priest, at no time have I wished to create false expectations,' he said.

'I am not going to support deceit. Something happened here that divine wisdom will explain in time.'

Now...there's a priest I absolutely have respect for.

Who knows what the cause is. A diving sign, very unlikely, but for those of faith it seem like a wonder. I envy them.

What I do think is curious on threads like this over the years, is that so many people that will poo poo this, but will swear all day that magical psychic powers exist or aliens are among us. Boo ya.

Who knows what the cause is. A diving sign, very unlikely, but for those of faith it seem like a wonder. I envy them.

What I do think is curious on threads like this over the years, is that so many people that will poo poo this, but will swear all day that magical psychic powers exist or aliens are among us. Boo ya.

Thank you!

And to HerNibs, Christ was aledgedly a man and divine so if this is human blood I think it would be consistent with the idea that it was the blood of Christ. (not that I think making statues bleed is something consistent with the what the Christ is supposed to be)

People flocked to see the real Christ ooze blood also. Looky loos :no:

Its the resin from the wood its usually Red or Orange depending on the wood.This probably only happens on hot days B)

Test to see if it is human blood? WHY?

If it IS human blood wouldn't that invalidate any type of idea that it is divine?

Heck with testing, X-ray the picture or image and get someone to put a video camera on it, front and back. Let's see if it keeps oozing.

Nibs

Actually, according to my belief(im a catholic), Jesus was the son of God and a holy man, but nevertheless, a man. I dont expect him to have like another

type of red liquid running through his body.

On other affairs: There have been alot of reports throughout modern history of bleeding Jesuss or blood-crying Virgin Marys.

Most of them have been like something inside the wood or paint. I dont doubt some of them MAY be miraculous, but, who knows...

Edited by Bliszter

It really doesn't matter what he (if he was real) had or didn't have running through his body when he was living.

Point is...if the blood of Jesus is oozing off something TODAY and it's human blood then I would have to rule out the DEAD guy's blood.

Nibs

Even if it is "miraculous", what would be God's point? Saying something like "Hey guys, I'm still around!!"...Really, if so I wish he'd do something usefull with his time instead of making statues bleed.

It really doesn't matter what he (if he was real) had or didn't have running through his body when he was living.

Point is...if the blood of Jesus is oozing off something TODAY and it's human blood then I would have to rule out the DEAD guy's blood.

Nibs

Well since the story goes that he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven in his physical body, the theory is he isn't dead. Relevancy questionable anyway since I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.

I don't think it's resin leaking from the wood based on the picture in the article. Resin is thick and any time I've ever seen wood leaking resin, like the beam in the wall of my office that I can see right now it has a thick glob on the end and it's very obvious it's not blood. The photo in the article does actually seem to look like blood.

My wooden window blind sometimes bleeds too....

I'm NOT kidding... :mellow:

Did you notify the vatican? :P:innocent:

Did you notify the vatican? :P:innocent:

i would of just taken them back to the store and replaced them.

Maybe I have watched CSI one too many times, but it looks to me like the blood trail isn't right for something "oozing from one spot". Look closely at that picture of it, looks to me the trail is almost consistantly 1-inch wide, like it was painted on. Look especially at the top right, there is a curl of hair there that apparently juts out of the relief, yet it has blood on it? How would that happen if the blood originated at the top left and oozed down?

Even if it is "miraculous", what would be God's point? Saying something like "Hey guys, I'm still around!!"...Really, if so I wish he'd do something usefull with his time instead of making statues bleed.

I can't agree more.

Well since the story goes that he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven in his physical body, the theory is he isn't dead. Relevancy questionable anyway since I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.

I don't think it's resin leaking from the wood based on the picture in the article. Resin is thick and any time I've ever seen wood leaking resin, like the beam in the wall of my office that I can see right now it has a thick glob on the end and it's very obvious it's not blood. The photo in the article does actually seem to look like blood.

I don't mean to be rude but if you believe that do you also believe in the supposed pics of Jesus and Mary on walls, trees, and a piece of toast?

Lies of the devil,Someone "maybe the priest" painted or spilled something red just to get people to go to his church just to get money and a big bunch of confused people looking for some meaning in their lonely pathetic lives. Some people are so unhappy or hungry to believe in something that they will believe anything . I dont believe in anything that happens in a catholic church.I dont mean any offence to anyone this is just my opinion.

I can't agree more.

I don't mean to be rude but if you believe that do you also believe in the supposed pics of Jesus and Mary on walls, trees, and a piece of toast?

I, too, do not mean to be rude, but I'm not sure what the relevance is between what he said about it not appearing to be resin and supposed appearences on walls trees and toast... All he said was that it didnt seem to look like resin...Sorry but to me that has absolutely nothing to do with apparitions on other inanimate objects...

Someone mentioned whether it was human blood before and whether it mattered or not...IMO it would need to be human to be divine, because if its dogs blood? Then what? it cant be divine can it....And if it comes from neither an animal or a person...Then its red paint! Jesus was human so it would need to be human blood wouldnt it? (genuine question) If its not Jesus' human blood then what the heck is it?!