Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My daugther sees dead people

Mia Camille

Hello everyone, haven't been on for a while.... My daughter is turning 5 years old in september. Shes had told me many times in the past that a man and woman (my parents i think) come to visit her they sit on her bed, they play with her, she is never scared of them. But she hadn't talked about them since we have moved about 8 months ago so i thought maybe she doesn't 'see' them anymore. Last night we were talking and i asked her if the man and woman still come to visit she very quickly replied yes in a happy voice. I asked if they only come in her room and she says no they also come in the playroom and outside, she says her brother and sister don't see them though, i asked her why she said that and she said that they don't look at the man and woman when they are there. I asked her if they have ever been in the room with me and she says well they were there last night while you were rubbing my back to fall asleep. I asked her if she sees other people than those 2 and she says yes but the other ones scare me, i asked what do you do when you see them and are scared and she replied i close my eyes. At point i stopped the questions she wanted to watch cartoons.

I know that kids can have wild imagination but for some reason i think she is telling the truth i believe that she sees them.

What do you think? If she does see them at almost 5 years old will she always see them?

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for some input, thanks!

Edited by Mia Camille

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mia Camille

• Sweetpumper

• The Silver Thong

• Moonie2012

I'm not a believer in such things so my input might not be welcome but I think the power of suggestion can be more powerful than some think. When you talk to her about this you shouldn't use leading questions to get answers you sort of want to hear. Just my 2 cents worth.

personlly, i believe because she is Only 5 at the time, i think this phase will not continue in her older years.

Anyone please? any input?

She is a child with an imagination. It seems like you want to read more into it then is actually there.

Sweet pumper: no she doesn't i believe it's my parent but she has never met them before, she says she knew their names at the other house but doesn't remember them now.

Edited by Mia Camille

Sweet pumper: no she doesn't i believe it's my parent but she has never met them before, she says she knew their names at the other house but doesn't remember them now.

Has she seen pictures of your parents? and do you talk to her about her grandparents and that they are dead?

You haven't shown her pictures of your parents?

Beat me to it.

Has she seen pictures of your parents? and do you talk to her about her grandparents and that they are dead?

Beat me to it.

I have shown her pics when she was younger i had put a pic of them with lots of people on the pic and she picked them out, i haven't shown it to her since we have moved cause i thought that she wasn't seing them anymore. Why i asked her that question last night is because the night before i went to bed i felt a breeze in my hair and all my windows were shut i was along in my bed. I don't really talk to her about them or too my older kids either.

Edited by Mia Camille

Has she said why the other people she sees scares her?

Has she said why the other people she sees scares her?

No i haven't asked her yet...

I have shown her pics when she was younger i had put a pic of them with lots of people on the pic and she picked them out, i haven't shown it to her since we have moved cause i thought that she wasn't seing them anymore. Why i asked her that question last night is because the night before i went to bed i felt a breeze in my hair and all my windows were shut i was along in my bed. I don't really talk to her about them or too my older kids either.

I think that you miss your folks very much and you want to share that love that you had with your parents to your daughter. It's natural to want to convey the love your parents showed you to your daughter and you want your parents to be involved in that love. I wouldn't be to worried and I think it's good to talk about your parents to your daughter, but one has to decide when a want is just that. Best wishes to you and yours. She, your daughter is completely normal and I don't think you need to worry.

I really don't talk to her about them.. but everyone has opinions and that's fine.

No i haven't asked her yet...

The reason I asked is that children are more perceptive and not as cynical as adults. Maybe these other people are things she feels threatened by and she sees her grandparents as protectors. Especially if you've talked to her about them.

The reason I asked is that children are more perceptive and not as cynical as adults. Maybe these other people are things she feels threatened by and she sees her grandparents as protectors. Especially if you've talked to her about them.

yeah i get that i need to ask her one day... thanks!

It still could be your parents even though she never met them, you should get her to describe them for you. Secondly, I wouldn't worry about it too much, as in I wouldn't dwell on it and sayy OMG my child is nuts, also don't say your child is the 'special' one. Don't term your child like a psychic, or indigo or crystal...leave all of that out the door. Nothing wrong with seeing things, there is a problem with overfeeding an ego in my opinion.

Rather just listen to your child, when she tells you about them listen, do not freak out and don't give too much attention on the subject. If she wants to tell you about them, let her, and then ask some questions like what did they say and so forth. If these beings aren't causing harm, fear, or distress then there is no real reason to get fussy over it.

She could be seeing people, she might not be as some people say. I would though get her to describe them and if they match your parents then you have a full answer. Sometimes children can see things better because in my opinion their minds are pure, than society always saying no no no.

PM me if you wish.

Love and Light

thank you very comforting post i will ask her to describe them to me.

It still could be your parents even though she never met them, you should get her to describe them for you. Secondly, I wouldn't worry about it too much, as in I wouldn't dwell on it and sayy OMG my child is nuts, also don't say your child is the 'special' one. Don't term your child like a psychic, or indigo or crystal...leave all of that out the door. Nothing wrong with seeing things, there is a problem with overfeeding an ego in my opinion.

Rather just listen to your child, when she tells you about them listen, do not freak out and don't give too much attention on the subject. If she wants to tell you about them, let her, and then ask some questions like what did they say and so forth. If these beings aren't causing harm, fear, or distress then there is no real reason to get fussy over it.

She could be seeing people, she might not be as some people say. I would though get her to describe them and if they match your parents then you have a full answer. Sometimes children can see things better because in my opinion their minds are pure, than society always saying no no no.

PM me if you wish.

Love and Light

I was hoping you would show up as I fail at this stuff all the time. Good stuff.

Ask your daughter to ask them if there's a way to prove they are there, to the people who can't see them.

that is a good idea but she's not even 5 years old yet so i don't know if she'll understand but it's always worth a try.

I'get her first to describe them that way if they match to a T about your parents, then that pretty much is validation. Because they will not just show themselves like hey pop here I am to someone who can't see them to begin with, or doesn't want to..or rather if they want to and overthinking it...that's a big issue a lot. So, after you get her to describe them, it's all about being casual and then ask, "O so what are they doing". If she says o they are eating "biscut" or "cake"...something you know that would only pertain to them, that's another way of finding out. Or she could in some cases state, "Mommy, grandma is choking"...which could be, "grandma died of suffocation"..a lot of times dead also try to show how they died, but along with that let you know that they are okay, or they could show like a family tradition, anything really that is only specific to them pretty much.

Simply tell her to ask them something only you and they know, something your daughter would have no knowledge of.