Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My daugther sees dead people

Mia Camille

that is a good idea but she's not even 5 years old yet so i don't know if she'll understand but it's always worth a try.

I would encourage general conversations that are of interest to your child and avoid those that revolve around proof. Proof is a fear related energy found in the logical mind "thought construct". Keep things simple and playful.

John

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mia Camille

• Sweetpumper

• The Silver Thong

• John from Lowell

Secondly, I wouldn't worry about it too much, as in I wouldn't dwell on it and sayy OMG my child is nuts, also don't say your child is the 'special' one. Don't term your child like a psychic, or indigo or crystal...leave all of that out the door. Nothing wrong with seeing things, there is a problem with overfeeding an ego in my opinion.

id agree with puridalin and dont ask any questions just listen shes way to young for difficult questions and so called "proofs"

Any thoughts on how i could go about doing that? i think it's so hard to do so because of her age..

Edited by Mia Camille

It doesn't have to be difficult to find out. There will be no burden on the little girl asking a simple question that she doesn't know the answer to.

Sheesh.

Just ask her, the next time she talks with them, to ask...whatever you come up with...while you're just casually washing dishes or something mundane so as not to freak her out. It's not like you have to grab her by the shoulders, stare her in the eyes, shake her and demand she gets answers or anything.

I would encourage general conversations that are of interest to your child and avoid those that revolve around proof. Proof is a fear related energy found in the logical mind "thought construct". Keep things simple and playful.

John

You always say stuff like this - avoid proving things, avoid providing evidence, trying to prove things makes them automatically fail. I think what you really mean to say is that by trying to prove something, you may show it doesn't exist, so don't bother trying and keep living the fantasy. What a silly mindset.

Get all the proof you need. You may surprise yourself.

Edited by Moonie2012

sweetpumper: lol that never crossed my mind to do that to her. Will do!

Edited by Mia Camille

lol that never crossed my mind to do that to her. Will do!

Which part are you referring to...?

Which part are you referring to...?

the shaking her by the shoulders lol. I am a very soft person!!

the shaking her by the shoulders lol. I am a very soft person!!

He said NOT to shake her.

I know it's not how i do things either way..

I know it's not how i do things either way..

Give her a hug and go for an ice cream :tu:

i'm sure i can find something in our Alberta province :rofl:

You always say stuff like this - avoid proving things, avoid providing evidence, trying to prove things makes them automatically fail. I think what you really mean to say is that by trying to prove something, you may show it doesn't exist, so don't bother trying and keep living the fantasy. What a silly mindset.

Get all the proof you need. You may surprise yourself.

What is silly for you is not for me. We are all different in oh so many ways.

In this particular case, the energy of fear is the reason why a child would stop talking about her skills to her parents or any one else for that matter.

We live in a culture where the unknown is considered frightening. The obsession for proof feeds that energy, as I see it naturally.

John

In this particular case, the energy of fear is the reason why a child would stop talking about her skills to her parents or any one else for that matter.

We live in a culture where the unknown is considered frightening. The obsession for proof feeds that energy, as I see it naturally.

John

The quest for proof makes the unknown the known, thereby destroying the "fear". It's unnatural to avoid questioning and knowledge - such behavior keeps us in the dark and ignorant.

Also, it's not in this single case you've advised against someone searching for or providing proof, but in every single response I see you type. You always advise against providing any kind of evidence, and I find that a highly suspect and dubious practice on a forum that thrives on providing evidence and proof.

Edited by Moonie2012

i'm sure i can find something in our Alberta province :rofl:

Say what.... you live in Alberta? I know a great place for ice cream ;)

It's only frightening if it's unknown and it's not unknown the her daughter. She probably even considers it normal.

Moonie and John i see both your points, i kinda agree with both :unsure2:

Silver Thong : yes i do!!

It's only frightening if it's unknown and it's not unknown the her daughter. She probably even considers it normal.

Yes i believe this is why she has no trouble talking about it with me

Thats the thing. Kids arn't scared of something till they are taught to be scared of something. A kids mind is a sponge and will absorb any and all info and piece it together, most time with a child like logic.

Also, it's not in this single case you've advised against someone searching for or providing proof, but in every single response I see you type. You always advise against providing any kind of evidence, and I find that highly suspect.

Yes and that is because I respond to those posts where I sense it is best to bring this particular "point of view" into the thread.

Yes and that is because I respond to those posts where I sense it is best to bring this particular "point of view" into the thread.

That logic isn't that logical?

It's best to tell a kid who claims he has amazing mental powers not to provide any evidence of it when people ask? I've seen you do that a few times, usually with a "when you try it prove it it will automatically fail" excuse.

I fail to see how that is constructive in any way. All it does is provide a copout to the claimant.

Edited by Moonie2012

John

The obsession for proof is what differeniates us from superstitous villagers thinking that a eclipse is a god showing his displeasure. There is nothing wrong with proof or truth.

FYI. Since, starting on this board years ago, I have become spirtual in my own way, BUT that doesn't mean I have to give up my ability to reason. I will never understand what compels someone to have blind belief.