Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the numbers 747

rileycooper

i have been seeing the numbers 747 alot and if its not that i always look at the time when its 47 past the hour, does anybody know what this means if anything?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kar-zid

• TwilightSilver

• *Frank*

• Hugh

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a sign to watch out for big planes. :)

You've probably seen it a few times then your mind starts to look for it. You then notice it when you wouldn't of have before. It happens quite often, with all different numbers and times I.e 11:11. Happens to me sometimes.

i have been seeing the numbers 747 alot and if its not that i always look at the time when its 47 past the hour, does anybody know what this means if anything?

It happens to a LOT of people, there have been around 20 topics in the last few months on the same subject but with different numbers. It's just mere coincidence, no matter how many times it happens.

Science however has proved something very strange, I watched a short documentary on it a few weeks ago. The number 1 is around twice as likely to come up in any situation as the number 2. 1 is also around four times as likely to come up as a 9 is. 1 is around twice as likely as a five as well. The number 1 is the most frequent in our lives, for no real reason. It's just a coincidence, and 747 probably means absolutely nothing to you.

I remember when I was around ten, I always use to wake up at the EXACT same time, and if not then EXACTLY and hour before or after. It was weird, but after a little while I began waking up at random times again and thus the coincidence ended. Nothing to worry about ^_^

My girlfriend seriously sees "11"s everywhere. Same thing. All the time, same issue as yourself. It's been driving her nuts as well. Since I deal with it, I share your pain... <_<

Edit: That last statement.

Edited by TwilightSilver

No.

"The belief that it has mystical powers has been adopted by believers in New Age philosophies."

Lol twas a joke ^_^

The whole concept, as I explained in my post before the one you quoted, is complete coincidence and nothing more.

Lol twas a joke ^_^

The whole concept, as I explained in my post before the one you quoted, is complete coincidence and nothing more.

I've been trying to say that it's just coincidence to my lady as well. She still points it out saying "LOOK!!!" every time. :lol:

I've been trying to say that it's just coincidence to my lady as well. She still points it out saying "LOOK!!!" every time. :lol:

You should start setting stuff up for her, like set an alarm for 11:11, on her phone, the alarm clock, the TVs (if ya got one that can)... :P

My girlfriend seriously sees "11"s everywhere. Same thing. All the time, same issue as yourself. It's been driving her nuts as well. Since I deal with it, I share your pain... <_<

Edit: That last statement.

This was exactly how it started for me to. I looked into it and learnt about gematria and numerology and then happened upon greatdreams. It didn't take long before I started seeing it myself. There is an actual religion surrounding it but it doesn't resonate too strongly with me. Search for Solara if you are interested in checking it out.

To me 11:11 means a lot of things but my favourite is linked to a similar mayan glyph which is 11:11 but vertical. It means something akin to stargate. Crazy I know but I've alwasy thought it is what is between the lines that was important and 11:11 sort of confirmed that for me.

I haven't seen 747 that I remember but in a way it is another way of expressing 11:11. Take what you like from the New Age and dutch the rest is my advice.

It doesn't mean anything. You're noticing it because you are looking out for that pattern. Next time you notice the time is 47 mintues past the hour wait exactly one minute and look back at the clock. I guarantee it won't show 47 then.

Coincidently as I type this it is 15:47

It doesn't mean anything. You're noticing it because you are looking out for that pattern. Next time you notice the time is 47 mintues past the hour wait exactly one minute and look back at the clock. I guarantee it won't show 47 then.

Coincidently as I type this it is 15:47

Precisely. From now on, try to look for other numbers. Or better yet, just stop looking for patterns and numbers.

Also, Frank, I notice your name, sig, and avatar are all from Donnie Darko... One of the best movies I've ever seen :tu:

Great film!

If you ever see the pattern 28:06:42:12 emerging you'll know the world is about to end :yes:

I remember when I was around ten, I always use to wake up at the EXACT same time, and if not then EXACTLY and hour before or after. It was weird, but after a little while I began waking up at random times again and thus the coincidence ended. Nothing to worry about ^_^

when I went to japan (from england) recently, on the first night there in the hotel i was waking up every 2 hours on the minute 12.17,2.17,4.17

it's probably due to the jetlag, but it just seems strange