Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM forums IPB update (June 21st)

Saru

You need to click the "About me" tab to access the additional profile page pictures and information.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Princess Serenity

• stevewinn

• Pauly Dangerously

The new mobile skin looks awesome on my ipod touch....

Great work....I had to say it again !

No its a new layout for the forum that you see when accessing it from a mobile phone, makes it easier to use on the smaller screen.

Oh. :P Duh. Thanks.

I can't delete comments from my face page. I get "[#1023222] Your secure key, used to protect your account settings, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again." message. Any idea's?

Try refreshing the page.

No dice

Try logging out of your account completely and back in again, if that doesn't work try it on a different browser.

Which browser are you using at the moment ?

No idea. Work browser that was old when Moses was a boy. No worries. I'll figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way the forum displays on my blackberry but (and this isnt an issue as such just thought youd want to know) the buttons across the top dont fit on the screen properly, "content" and "status updates" are infront of the other 5 buttons overlapping them making them difficult to select...Dont know if its just my blackberry/blackberrys in general though (using the native browser, not opera mini, which displays the whole site as if i were on my laptop)

Unfortunately there are so many different possible devices, browsers and screen sizes on the go that there are always going to be some situations in which the forums won't appear correctly. If the placement of the buttons in this case is particularly troublesome try changing the forum template from the drop-down menu in the bottom left hand corner, the mobile skin in particular may work better for a Blackberry if its not already using that.

Jeez...nearly every time I post to a thread I have to edit it cos it's all <BR> stuff.

Wassup?

Here's my latest post without editing.......

<BR><BR><BR>And I can discuss American murders with you.  But it's only since the advent of the internet that such info has been readily available without subscribing to crime magazines etc. or borrowing crime books from the library.  20yrs ago the only US news we got regularly was politics and natural disasters etc.  I don't even know  a single person who reads the Fortean press.<BR><BR>I'm not denying John Gacy was the inspiration for all this clown stuff.  I was only pointing out that for me, and the people I know, IT was the first time we'd seen such a scary clown.  We had no idea he was based on Gacy.

I'm using IE8, WinXP SP3...all Up To Date

Edited by Eldorado

Go in to your settings and deselect Enable visual (RTE) editor

Go in to your settings and deselect Enable visual (RTE) editor

Sorted. Thank you.

(Sorry I asked this in the wrong place).

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the right place. who knows, But one annoying feature on these boards is that pain in the ass thing that pops up next to the topic. 'view topic preview' when a topic gets more than three pages, the problem starts. as you place your cursor over the page you want opened and go to click it, it suddenly drops down and in its place is this 'view topic preview'. don't know how many times I've went to open a page and ended up click open the preview.

I've included two pictures to show what i mean. circled is page 4 on the topic, now just as you go to click on page four, all of a sudden 'page four drops down (image 2) and is replaced with 'topic preview and inadvertently you open up 'view topic preview.

4444.jpg

4442.jpg

From those screenshots it looks like you are using 800x600, most sites these days don't support anything below 1024x768; while the forums here will fit on the screen in 800x600 for the most part there will be issues like this one due to the small amount of space available to fit everything in.

From those screenshots it looks like you are using 800x600, most sites these days don't support anything below 1024x768; while the forums here will fit on the screen in 800x600 for the most part there will be issues like this one due to the small amount of space available to fit everything in.

resolution is 1024x768.

Then you should expand your browser window, here's what that topic view should look like on a 1024x768 screen:

post-1-054298800 1280259723_thumb.jpg

Then you should expand your browser window, here's what that topic view should look like on a 1024x768 screen:

my browser was zoomed in, unknown to me. so the problem wasn't really a problem. hehe. :blink:

• 2 months later...