Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

The caveat here is “this debate”. You will notice I said “If this debate is anything to go by…”

There are only two persons from the Netherlands who are participating in this debate: you and Abramelin. You seem to be convinced that the OLB is authentic and Abramelin is convinced it is a hoax. Puzzler from Australia also appears to think that the OLB could well be true.

The “silence” I am referring to are those from the Netherlands who must be following this debate, but do not say anything.

Here I am, a foreigner, trying to convince the world that the Frisians in particular, and the Netherlands at large have a very rich and proud history. Yet, Abramelin disagrees with everything and anything I say and continuously ridicule every argument and all the evidence I give. The silent onlookers, for their part, don’t give a damn.

Just one example: The Middle Sea, the Balda Sea and the Aster Sea:

The evidence I gave in posts 1361 & 1369 shows unquestionably that the “Middel Sea” is the Mediterranean and the “Balda Sea” is the Baltic. Any rational person will agree to this. Abramelin, however, continue to say that the Middel Sea is somewhere near the Netherlands, without any proof but his “gut feel”. Yet, this lame reasoning goes unchallenged.

As for the Aster Sea, the OLB states very clearly:

1. They inhabited both banks and the full length of the Rhine river, i.e. right up to Switzerland,

2. Scandinavia was part of their country – they had a burghmaid in Gothahisburg (Gothenburg),

3. Spain (Cadiz) was part of their country – they had a burghmaid there,

4. They had factories in Italy,

5. Even Greece was part of their country before the 2193 BC disaster,

6. They had factories in North Africa,

7. They had a penal colony (and a burghmaid) in Britain, and

8. The 12 large rivers of Europe were all part of their land.

How on earth then can anybody say that their Eastern Boundary was the Baltic?

If I was trying to belittle the Dutch and the Frisians, I could have understood the response I am getting, but this is totally ridiculous.

Could you please check the map I created according to your conviction that the Middel Sea = Mediterranean and the Aster Sea is the Black Sea?

Thank you.

--

I think I know what you're doing here...

You know as well as anyone who regularly reads this thread that there is a LOT of info, posted by many, including me.

So you just repeat what you posted, and then suggest that I never addressed your points.

OK, then I will do the same.

"Abramelin, however, continue to say that the Middel Sea is somewhere near the Netherlands, without any proof but his “gut feel”. Yet, this lame reasoning goes unchallenged."

I have given you proof: the Middel Sea was a narrow and tiny southern branch of the North Sea that split the present province of Friesland (in The Netherlands) in half. West of the Middel Sea was Westergo, east of the Middel Sea was Oostergo. Anyone who knows how to Google, Google "Middelzee", and click on Images.

This Middelzee/ Middel Sea / 'middel-se' in OLB was in the west of what *I* think was this Frya's Empire. The Aster Sea (and 'aster' means eastern in Old Frisian) was to the east, ie: the Baltic.

The Frisians knew of only ONE Middel Sea, and that one was located in the province of present day Friesland. Hell, what a nice coincidence, eh?

I have also posted a lot about anomalies in the OLB, inconsistencies and/or incongruecies (maybe I should add better words, but my English is apparently lacking).

That's why I said that several persons - not just one - contributed to the OLB, one more knowledgable and clever than the other.

So, at somewhere in the beginning of the OLB they describe the territory as between England and the eastern Baltic, later on it does indeed fit the Mediterranean (and the whole of Europe) better.

-----

You were wrong about the tilt of the earth's axis;

You were wrong about the Faroer; and Friesland Island was called that way because the Frisian pirates who lived there called it Friesland Island according to a centuries old source; it didnt sink, it didnt drown, it just changed names;

You were wrong about the location of Aldland;it's not just in the Atlantic, it's ALSO in Asia.. well, I think it's just Asia, the Old Land where the Finda came from and later fled to a nearby area near the Himalaya. Two suggestions about it's location in the OLB, take your pick;

You are wrong about the location of Twiskland: it's Germany, not Russia. "Tuisc" was an ancient god of the Germans, according to Tacitus;

You theory is based on the english translation by Sandbach, and I have posted about several errors he made; like for instance, the original never uses the words 'west' and 'east' when they talk about the Middel Sea and the Aster Sea...

Edited by Abramelin

And these are just a few examples of people explaining how they come to their date for the Flood.

Ah, a misunderstanding; I thought you ment sources that claim those almanacs were the source for the supposed composers of the OLB.

250px-MaskeAgamemnon.JPG

This is not a fake imo and was found to be dated to around 1550BC - 1500BC. It shows that people who looked European were in Greece at this time. Why do Greeks have a blue eye trait unless this came in from Northen Europe. Achilles is blonde. We find a horse and chariot pulling a sun in Denmark from similar time frame. Helle, amber, Phaethon, probably even Colchis, it's all from the North.

They said the cave paintings of Europe were fakes, they say the Mask above is a fake that Schliemann created, what a load of bull, the Frisians spoke English, they are the original English people and to me that means power, to stomp that out would be utmost in the minds of anyone wanting to control them and their area. There seems to be an underlying attempt to discredit anything coming out of Europe in the late 1800's, maybe it threatened Rome or something. Even now to mention it seems very Aryanist.

If the mask does show a Northern European man at the time frame of 1500BC in Greece, why haven't they investigated the origins of the Greeks more, many of the myths now seem to be plainly clear they have a Nordic background, Electra, daughter of Atlas, Electra/Electrum = amber. Electra is mother of Dardanus, founder of the Troad. It was the amber trade that built Troy imo and I do think Priam and Paris mean beloved/free.

The climate change of the time through the 4.2 and bond event give the weather patterns and reasons for collapse of kingdoms at this time, fires, heat, floods, all the weather would have been noticeable, about this time we have the Sahara finally drying out. In fact, I can barely find a reason not to believe it.

250px-MaskeAgamemnon.JPG

This is not a fake imo and was found to be dated to around 1550BC - 1500BC. It shows that people who looked European were in Greece at this time. Why do Greeks have a blue eye trait unless this came in from Northen Europe. Achilles is blonde. We find a horse and chariot pulling a sun in Denmark from similar time frame. Helle, amber, Phaethon, probably even Colchis, it's all from the North.

They said the cave paintings of Europe were fakes, they say the Mask above is a fake that Schliemann created, what a load of bull, the Frisians spoke English, they are the original English people and to me that means power, to stomp that out would be utmost in the minds of anyone wanting to control them and their area. There seems to be an underlying attempt to discredit anything coming out of Europe in the late 1800's, maybe it threatened Rome or something. Even now to mention it seems very Aryanist.

If the mask does show a Northern European man at the time frame of 1500BC in Greece, why haven't they investigated the origins of the Greeks more, many of the myths now seem to be plainly clear they have a Nordic background, Electra, daughter of Atlas, Electra/Electrum = amber. Electra is mother of Dardanus, founder of the Troad. It was the amber trade that built Troy imo and I do think Priam and Paris mean beloved/free.

The climate change of the time through the 4.2 and bond event give the weather patterns and reasons for collapse of kingdoms at this time, fires, heat, floods, all the weather would have been noticeable, about this time we have the Sahara finally drying out. In fact, I can barely find a reason not to believe it.

So you found out the Greeks were actually Europeans? lol.

Look, we talk about many thousands of years here. It's not at all unlikely some southerners went north, and visa versa. So darker haired people with vrown eyes will have showed up in the north, and blond blue eyed people will have showed up in the south.

You yourself talked about the ancient amber routes, right? People traded, over land, over sea. Nothing new here, and certainly no proof for the OLB.

And that mask you show is a golden mask; how can you distinguish the color of the hair and eyes?? I can't.

Collapsing of kingdoms... were is that flood that whiped all these people out? Maybe there were several, but that was after the end of the last ice age.

I found something from Flavius Josephus:

Antiquities of the Jews

by Flavius Josephus

(Translated by William Whiston)

Book 1

Creation to Death of Issac

Chapter 5

The descendents of Noah

1. AFTER this they were dispersed abroad, on account of their languages, and went out by colonies every where; and each colony took possession of that land which they light upon, and unto which God led them; so that the whole continent was filled with them, both the inland and the maritime countries. There were some also who passed over the sea in ships, and inhabited the islands: and some of those nations do still retain the denominations which were given them by their first founders; but some have lost them also, and some have only admitted certain changes in them, that they might be the more intelligible to the inhabitants; and they were the Greeks who became the authors of such mutations.

For when in after-ages they grew potent, they claimed to themselves the glory of antiquity; giving names to the nations that sounded well (in Greek) that they might be better understood among themselves; and setting agreeable forms of government over them, as if they were a people derived from themselves.

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/history-of-the-jews/creation-to-death-of-issac-chapter5.html

Now, doesn't that look quite similar to the story of the OLB?

And why should that be?

And why don't we hear nada about what happened before 2193 BC? Very conveniently the OLB says that before the bad times came the people were so happy and had all they wanted, that they didn't feel the need to record years and events. Yeah..

The evidence I gave in posts 1361 & 1369 shows unquestionably that the “Middel Sea” is the Mediterranean and the “Balda Sea” is the Baltic. Any rational person will agree to this.

For the record: I agree.

I find the idea that the Middle Sea would refer to some lake in Friesland too ridiculous to even waste my time with. Sorry Abram.

I agree this being ridiculous too.

For the record: I agree.

I find the idea that the Middle Sea would refer to some lake in Friesland too ridiculous to even waste my time with. Sorry Abram.

I agree this being ridiculous too.

Read why I think it is so, please.

Check the map I created based on Alewyn's idea that the Aster Sea is the Black Sea and the Middel Sea is the Mediterranean.

You may think it's ridiculous, ok. But that is what I have been talking about for about 90 pages.

Have you read who lived east of the Middel Sea? Egyptians from Egypte Land. You know who were called that way? The gypsies. You know how some areas were called after these gypsies setted there? Egypteland.

If you didn't then you didn't read this thread completely.

I find the idea that the Middle Sea would refer to some lake in Friesland too ridiculous to even waste my time with.

This is how Dr. Jensma, the OLB überskeptic translated it (2006), and what he says in footnotes about it (6-7):

"Bij morgen grensden wij aan het uiteinde van de Oosterzee (6), bij avond aan de Middellandse zee (7), zodat wij (behalve de kleine) wel twaalf grote, zoete loopstromen hadden..."

"(6) Oosterzee - De Oostzee

(7) Middellandse zee - OLBees MIDDEL.SE. Ook in het historische Westerlauwers Friesland bestond een 'Middelzee'. Hier wordt echter de Middellandse Zee bedoeld, die immers midden in het 'voorhistorische' rijk van de Friezen lag."

Translation of footnote 7:

"The historic Westerlauwers Friesland also knew a 'Middlesea'. But here the Mediterranean is ment, that was indeed in the centre of the 'prehistoric' Frisian empire"

Abe, how can you say this?

The Frisians knew of only ONE Middel Sea, and that one was located in the province of present day Friesland. Hell, what a nice coincidence, eh?

How do you know that? That the Frisians only knew the one in present day Friesland as the Middle Sea...

I think it's through their language in Italy that the Mediterranean was so named, the Middle Sea from Medius, Mediterranean means Middle Sea, the Latin words (again) are actually more in line with Northern European usage. German and Hebrew both call the Mediterranean The Middle Sea. There is no reason to think they did not call the Med. the Middle Sea.

So you found out the Greeks were actually Europeans? lol.

Look, we talk about many thousands of years here. It's not at all unlikely some southerners went north, and visa versa. So darker haired people with vrown eyes will have showed up in the north, and blond blue eyed people will have showed up in the south.

You yourself talked about the ancient amber routes, right? People traded, over land, over sea. Nothing new here, and certainly no proof for the OLB.

And that mask you show is a golden mask; how can you distinguish the color of the hair and eyes?? I can't.

Collapsing of kingdoms... were is that flood that whiped all these people out? Maybe there were several, but that was after the end of the last ice age.

I think I'm over this thread.

I'm sure it will go another 1000 posts and I'll still be butting my head against a wall.

Greeks is such a broad term. I don't think all Greeks were Europeans and that a wave came in from Asia Minor, only the very early Mycenaeans were European.

Abe, how can you say this?

How do you know that? That the Frisians only knew the one in present day Friesland as the Middle Sea...

I think it's through their language in Italy that the Mediterranean was so named, the Middle Sea from Medius, Mediterranean means Middle Sea, the Latin words (again) are actually more in line with Northern European usage. German and Hebrew both call the Mediterranean The Middle Sea. There is no reason to think they did not call the Med. the Middle Sea.

Easy: your Mediterranean was only the Middle Sea for the Romans.

The Frya Empire was far older than the Roman Empire; why should they - accidentily - give it the same name as the later Romans? Why not "Kreka Sea" or something?

The Frya Empire was far older than the Roman Empire; why should they - accidentily - give it the same name as the later Romans? Why not "Kreka Sea" or something?

No, the Romans called it Mare Nostrum, Our Sea.

The name is not Roman. It's Latin.

The Latin name has been taken from the Germanic name, just as I keep saying.

This is how Dr. Jensma, the OLB überskeptic translated it (2006), and what he says in footnotes about it (6-7):

"Bij morgen grensden wij aan het uiteinde van de Oosterzee (6), bij avond aan de Middellandse zee (7), zodat wij (behalve de kleine) wel twaalf grote, zoete loopstromen hadden..."

"(6) Oosterzee - De Oostzee

(7) Middellandse zee - OLBees MIDDEL.SE. Ook in het historische Westerlauwers Friesland bestond een 'Middelzee'. Hier wordt echter de Middellandse Zee bedoeld, die immers midden in het 'voorhistorische' rijk van de Friezen lag."

Translation of footnote 7:

"The historic Westerlauwers Friesland also knew a 'Middlesea'. But here the Mediterranean is ment, that was indeed in the centre of the 'prehistoric' Frisian empire"

Yes, that's how Ottema translated it. So he didn't just translate, he interpreted it at the same time.

And , btw, In that last video of yours you show an old map of Netherlands/Friesland in the beginnning.

I have posted about that map like 10 pages ago.

Did you know that on that map are socalled "Columnae Hercules", or Pillars of Hercules??

That's what Tacitus wrote down from the mouth of Druses, a Roman general.

I have a lot more on that...

No, the Romans called it Mare Nostrum, Our Sea.

The name is not Roman. It's Latin.

The Latin name has been taken from the Germanic name, just as I keep saying.

Ok ok, even better (I always confuse Roman and Latin, mea culpa).

And when did this Latin name came into existence?

Ok ok, even better (I always confuse Roman and Latin, mea culpa).

And when did this Latin name came into existence?

lol I was waiting for that...

I should have made more effort but it's 2.30 am here and I'm tired.

OK, I know they are the same...what I meant was the Romans actually called it Mare Nostrum, the people that is that lived in Rome, yes they spoke Latin, but the name of the Med. was not the Middle Sea to them.

So, then the Mediterranean Sea is Latin, I know, same language, but different name, to what the Romans actually called it.

Get it? The Romans called it Mare Nostrum, Our Sea, even though the name Mediterranean is (Roman) Latin, it's not what they called it.

Your answer to my original question was:

To which my point was, no it wasn't. They did not call it the Middle Sea/Mediterranean.

lol I was waiting for that...

I should have made more effort but it's 2.30 am here and I'm tired.

OK, I know they are the same...what I meant was the Romans actually called it Mare Nostrum, the people that is that lived in Rome, yes they spoke Latin, but the name of the Med. was not the Middle Sea to them.

So, then the Mediterranean Sea is Latin, I know, same language, but different name, to what the Romans actually called it.

Get it? The Romans called it Mare Nostrum, Our Sea, even though the name Mediterranean is (Roman) Latin, it's not what they called it.

Your answer to my original question was:

To which my point was, no it wasn't. They did not call it the Middle Sea/Mediterranean.

I understand your point. And i said it's even better... that the Romans didn't call it Middel Sea/Mediterranean.

Why is it better? Because many automatically assume it was a name for the Mediterranean because they assumed the Romans (yes) a;ready called it that way (or 'borrowed' it from the Frya People).

It's a rather late invention I found out just now:

c.1400, from L.L. Mediterraneum mare "Mediterranean Sea" (7c.), from L. mediterraneus "midland;" original sense being of "sea in the middle of the earth," from medius "middle" (see medial) + terra "land, earth"

http://www.mediterraneeonline.com/details-mediterranee-online-mediterraneeonline-information-183-home-informations-mediterranean-sea-02-etymology-etymology.html

As for the Aster Sea, the OLB states very clearly:

But I don't believe it was the Black Sea either.

It must have been the sea east of the Baltic, what is now the gulf of Finland.

Apologies if someone already said this;

I have focussed on many things other than the geography of the Fryan Empire lately.

East; utter east of Gulf of Finland

West; utter west of Mediterranean

So basically the whole coastline from East Estonia to Southern Spain.

Edited by Otharus

But I don't believe it was the Black Sea either.

It must have been the sea east of the Baltic, what is now the gulf of Finland.

Apologies if someone already said this;

I have focussed on many things other than the geography of the Fryan Empire lately.

So basically the whole coastline from East Estonia to Southern Spain.

What I found kind of surprising is that in German the eastern part of the Baltic, boardering Poland, is called the "Frisian Bay" (Frisische Haff). You know, just north of where the old Prussians (or "Pruteni" or Phruisians lived).

So basically the whole coastline from East Estonia to Southern Spain

Hmm.. the Middel Sea (or Mediterranean if you prefer) was the at the western edge; the border is not west of the Mediterranean.

I mean to say, the Middle Sea WAS the western border. Well, according to the OLB it is.

And the Aster Sea (Baltic) was at the eastern border. NOT east of the Gulf of Finland.

And that is what I am trying to stress all the time: it's these minor twists in words and meanings that makes many become confused.

In short: Frya's Empire was lying BETWEEN the Aster and the Middel Sea.

And to me that means: between the Baltic (that is NOT the Gulf of Finland) and the Frisian Middel Sea.

The Gulf of Finland (The Bothnic) is north of it all.

Edited by Abramelin

I promised to Otharus to post something about the "Columnae Hercules"...

"Columnae Hercules: this name is located near the place where once stood a Bronze Age temple (Bargeroosterveld). This was a small (± 2,50 m. x 2,50 m. x 2,50 m.) wooden structure, found in a swamp near a place where swamp iron ore had been found, in the province of Drenthe."

http://www.angelfire.com/me/ik/frisiaUK.html

Same text here, http://home.zonnet.nl/postbus/frisia.html , but in Dutch.

This is what a Dutch person thought those Columnae could be (LOLOL):

http://www.encyclopediedrenthe.nl/Duvelskut

"Duvelskut" is a rude word, but let's say it's the Devil's P_uss_y. But s/he was talking about a 'hunebed', a megalithic structure in The Netherlands. No way hosee that looks anywhere near to two pillars, lol.

The Bargoosterveld 'temple' looks like a blockhut I can build on my tiny balconey. Druses (see next) would not have called them "Pillars of Hercules" if he thought of them resembling the rocks of the Strait of Gibraltar.

"Tacitus: Germania Chapter 34

Angrivarians and Chamavians.The Angrivarians and Chamavians are enclosed behind, by the Dulgibinians and Chasuarians; and by other nations not so much noted: before, the Frisians face them. The country of Frisia is divided into two; called the greater and lesser, according to the measure of their strength. Both nations stretch along the Rhine, quite to the ocean; and surround vast lakes such as once have borne Roman fleets. We have moreover even ventured out from thence into the ocean, and upon its coasts common fame has reported the pillars of Hercules to be still standing: whether it be that Hercules ever visited these parts, or that to his renowned name we are wont to ascribe whatever is grand and glorious everywhere. Neither did Drusus who made the attempt, want boldness to pursue it: but the roughness of the ocean withstood him, nor would suffer discoveries to be made about itself, no more than about Hercules. Thence forward the enterprise was dropped: nay, more pious and reverential it seemed, to believe the marvelous feats of the Gods than to know and to prove them."

http://www.unrv.com/tacitus/tacitus-germania-9.php

==

"Tacitus himself had never travelled in the Germanic lands; all his information is second-hand at best[3]. Ronald Syme supposed that Tacitus closely copied the lost Bella Germaniae of Pliny the Elder, since the Germania is in some places outdated: in its description of the Danubian tribes, says Syme, "they are loyal clients of the Empire. . . . Which is peculiar. The defection of these peoples in the year 89 during Domitian's war against the Dacians modified the whole frontier policy of the Empire." (p. 128). While Pliny may have been the primary source, scholars have identified others; among them are Caesar's Gallic Wars, Strabo, Diodorus Siculus, Posidonius, Aufidius Bassus, and numerous non-literary sources: presumably based on interviews with traders and soldiers who had ventured beyond the Rhine and Danube borders, and Germanic mercenaries in Rome."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania_(book)

So what do we have: a "Middel Sea" (not the Mediterranean) and "Pillars of Hercules" (not those we all know about).

And mind you: these sources (Tacitus) were known in the 19th century.

Edited by Abramelin

post-106727-041784400 1288028533_thumb.j

Nice going... your map shows it was between the Atlantic and the Bothnic.

But that is not what the OLB tells us, right?

East and west.. your map is about north-east and south-west.

They (using OLB-type lingo) could have used "Pillars of Herr Kull"

But then, who is "Herr Kull"??

http://www.answers.com/topic/cull

And we - as the Dutch we both are - know about the meaning of the word "kul". It means BS in Dutch.

LOL.

++++++++++++++

EDIT:

THIS is what Frya's Empire is, according to Alewyn's interpretation, between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean:

Mediterranean.jpg

So it's Greece and Turkey.

Heh, these people would love it......not.

Edited by Abramelin

..."Pillars of Hercules" (not those we all know about).

According to specialits Jona Lendering & Arjen Bosman, authors of "De Rand van het Rijk" (page 110), the location Tacitus wrote about, was located at the North Sea coast:

"De plaats waar het IJ door de duinen brak, ergens bij Castricum, kreeg van de Romeinen een ironische bijnaam: 'Zuilen van Hercules', een knipoogje naar de grenspalen die de halfgod had opgericht bij Gibraltar om monsterlijke schepsels weg te houden uit de beschaafde wereld."

translation:

"The place where the IJ broke through the dunes, somewhere near Castricum, the Romans ironically called 'Pillars of Hercules', referring to the border posts erected by the demigod at Gibraltar to keep monsterly creatures out of the civilised world"

Apperantly these 'pillars' were sometimes used as a metaphor, that may have been used for different places.

Edited by Otharus

According to specialits Jona Lendering & Arjen Bosman, authors of "De Rand van het Rijk" (page 110), the location Tacitus wrote about, was located at the North Sea coast:

"De plaats waar het IJ door de duinen brak, ergens bij Castricum, kreeg van de Romeinen een ironische bijnaam: 'Zuilen van Hercules', een knipoogje naar de grenspalen die de halfgod had opgericht bij Gibraltar om monsterlijke schepsels weg te houden uit de beschaafde wereld."

translation:

"The place where the IJ broke through the dunes, somewhere near Castricum, the Romans ironically called 'Pillars of Hercules', referring to the border posts erected by the demigod at Gibraltar to keep monsterly creatures out of the civilised world"

Apperantly these 'pillars' were sometimes used as a metaphor, that may have been used different places.

Why should a Roman general have a bit of fun with what he encountered during his raids??

These guys wanted to be seen as great heroes, facing dangers and all that.

What do you think: they were stand-up comedians pleasing the Roman parlament??

Hahahaha!!

Come on.

There are those who think those pillars were nothing but Heligoland, Hel(i)goland as it was then.

Anyway, here we have a Middle Sea and Pillars of Hercules in the north.

And be sure those 19th century writers knew about that.

Edited by Abramelin

You have your fun, I've wasted enough time with you for a while.

You're welcome.

But no real reply, eh? Just a lousy excuse for having no answer.

Fine with me.

Ask Puzzler, ask Alewyn, ask anyone: even if I didn't agree with what people threw at me, even if they said I am not worth to talk with or too drunk or too stubborn, I always gave an answer on topic.

Well, maybe I occasionally gave a bit of a stupid answer, hmmm.

You just back out with nothing.

Man , I wish I had a 100 euros to offer to Goffe Jensma to start posting here.

I would send it to him, but maybe he is a bit scared off by the way I behave (but a professor teaching students, jeesh, he should have balls made of steal).

Yep, I know, my behaviour here is not nice.

But I am not nice, and I don't intend to pretend I am.

Edited by Abramelin