Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

aten = athena

In Greek mythology, Athena, Athenê, or Athene (play /əˈθiːnə/ or /əˈθiːniː/; Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnā or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaia; Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaiē; Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athēnē; Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athana), also referred to as Pallas Athena/Athene (play /ˈpæləs/; Παλλὰς Ἀθηνᾶ; Παλλὰς Ἀθήνη), is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice, and skill. Minerva, Athena's Roman incarnation, embodies similar attributes

Plato, in Cratylus (407B) gave the etymology of her name as signifying "the mind of god", theou noesis.

The Christian apologist of the 2nd century Justin Martyr takes issue with those pagans who erect at springs images of Kore, whom he interprets as Athena:

"They said that Athena was the daughter of Zeus not from intercourse, but when the god had in mind the making of a world through a word (logos) his first thought was Athena"

(I guess that makes athena a sort of 'logos of God' or 'reason of God' or 'great reason')

Minerva (Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess whom Hellenizing Romans from the 2nd century BC onwards equated with the Greek goddess Athena. She was the virgin goddess of poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts, magic, and the care-giver or inventor of music.[1] She is often depicted with her sacred creature, an owl, which symbolizes her ties to wisdom.

Stemming from an Italic moon goddess *Meneswā 'She who measures', the Etruscans adopted the inherited Old Latin name, *Menerwā, thereby calling her Menrva. Extrapolating from her Roman nature, it is assumed that in Etruscan mythology, Minerva was the goddess of wisdom, war, art, schools and commerce. She was the Etruscan counterpart to Greek Athena. Like Athena, Minerva was born from the head of her father, Jupiter (Greek Zeus).

Athena in modern mythology:

Scene36.jpg

Can't say I didn't think of Athena as Aten but it at first seems odd but maybe the more I look the clearer it becomes.

Aten = Athena.

The Frisians did use a H according to the OLB, remember Kornhelia was good Frisian, Kornelia was bad Fryan/Frisian.

A- t(h )en

Athens was meant to be named after a possible 'atha' friends or something like it.

A circle (of friends) = a whole group of friends - atha - your friends, your circle around you. Aether, air. You being the central point. The brain ? Note Athena is not an Olympian God.

The 12 Olympians - the Palladian of Pallas Athena, the Palladium.

Apol means pole, pillar, probably a good standing 'pillar of society'.

What's interesting is Napoleons name and where he came from... Genoa - ancient Liguria. Who I say were ancient Fryan types.

Napoleon was born in Corsica to parents of noble Genoese ancestry and trained as an artillery officer in mainland France.

Napoleon's name would mean something like Apol - except maybe 'a new pillar'.

Maybe I'm wrong about who wrote the OLB, maybe it was written after Napoleon's time.

Then the false priests shall be swept away from the earth. Wr-alda’s spirit shall be invoked everywhere and always; the laws that Wr-alda in the beginning instilled into our consciences shall alone be listened to. There shall be neither princes, nor masters, nor rulers, except those chosen by the general voice. Then Frya shall rejoice, and the earth will only bestow her gifts on those who work. All this shall begin 4000 years after the submersion of Atland, and 1000 years later there shall exist no longer either priest or oppression.

Dela, surnamed Hellenia, watch!

Like I said, the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved at that time - the false priests were swept away from the Earth...

He probably sat back and thought "Gosa Makonta!"

How about Napolitana, inhabitants of Naples (I) ?

Can't say I didn't think of Athena as Aten but it at first seems odd but maybe the more I look the clearer it becomes.

Aten = Athena.

The Frisians did use a H according to the OLB, remember Kornhelia was good Frisian, Kornelia was bad Fryan/Frisian.

A- t(h )en

Athens was meant to be named after a possible 'atha' friends or something like it.

A circle (of friends) = a whole group of friends - atha - your friends, your circle around you. Aether, air. You being the central point. The brain ? Note Athena is not an Olympian God.

The 12 Olympians - the Palladian of Pallas Athena, the Palladium.

Oldfrisian atha = allies cfr. ath-Eng. oath. German Eidgenossen. OLB says, that the city of Athen has been so called for its hospitality for friends. Atha is also found in the name of Adel IV Atha-rik (explained as rich of friends). The OLB explanation is not correct, because the city of Athens has been named after the goddess Athena.

Edited by Knul

Napoleon knew his job.

"As the nation was perishing I was born. Thirty thousand Frenchmen were vomited on to our shores, drowning the throne of liberty in waves of blood. Such was the odious sight which was the first to strike me."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon

Romeo and Juliet. I told you once what their names meant. Something like

Rom - eo + jul + iet

eo is just meaning male as in Mario - ia is female, like Maria

Rom - ram,

iet is iette, it means female or little - (iette) itty - bitty

Jul, now that's interesting. Jul is actually not in the Frisian Dictionary.... neither is any form of it that I can see, anyone? It is as jol in the OLB.

Maybe it's actually - ju -liet - ju - light - there is je which is 'got' - or ja = confess/yes/yah/jah (Yes, I did it).

Ju in Frisian.? Whatever that is + light.

liet being 'light'

Think about a phrase in Romeo and Juliet, she asks Romeo not to swear by the Moon, which he does - it's so changeable, she says - star cross'd lovers they are.

Could be Romeo is actually the Moon and Juliet is the 'Light'.

This is a very romantic explanation. A moonlight serenade.

How about Napolitana, inhabitants of Naples (I) ?

All pol words probably will be pole, polis, central pillar - Apollo - the beginning of a society. Which Apollo was the God of, intituting cultured societies.

apol = apl in Naples. ?

Maybe even transferring to 'apple', which is the top of the Pole. Top of the Tree.

When the apple fell...well, Newton discovered gravity.

Oldfrisian atha = allies cfr. ath-Eng. oath. German Eidgenossen. OLB says, that the city of Athen has been so called for its hospitality for friends. Atha is also found in the name of Adel IV Atha-rik (explained as rich of friends). The OLB explanation is not correct, because the city of Athens has been named after the goddess Athena.

No, only through myth we know it as being named after Athena.

Anyway, Athena is the same word. She's the circle of friends. the atha. the centre of the circle actually, the mind. the circle is your body. I gave an explanation of her name just previously.

This is a very romantic explanation. A moonlight serenade.

:tu:

On old maps one finds a north-west shift. The island marked in green wouldn't be Massalia (Marseille).

No, it most certainly is Sardinia. But all the proportions and distances are heavily distorted.

=

Hecataeus of Miletus (c.550-c.490): Greek geographer and researcher, designer of a world map and author of a book on chronology.

hecataeus_map.gif

http://www.livius.org/he-hg/hecataeus/hecataeus.htm

Hecataeus' map is described by Herodotus:

I laugh when I see that many have designed maps of the earth, yet no one has been able to present the matter in an intelligent way. They draw an Ocean flowing round the earth, which they present as exactly circular, and they make Asia equal in size to Europe.

Map by Herodotus:

herodotus_map.gif

Again the map by Hecataeus (posted on UM, 2009 http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152591 ):

img_04L.gif

Misselja means insufficiently in Frisian - it was an insufficient deal, a bad deal.

It doesn't have an M in it - didn't you tell me you couldn't just change one letter to make it fit without reason.

If you can show it as the same word as Misselja - which I found in the Frisian dictionary imo as insuffiently or at least find it with an M so the word might be the same..maybe it could be it then.

Then I find a place called New Holland and the Dutch landed here - gee, I must be in Holland!!

"to make it fit without reason"

I had very good reasons.

It indeed doesn't have an -m- in it, but 'mwuah', who cares? lol

Can you tell me why in very ancient history north Africa was called "Libya", but only the OLB calls it "Lydia"?

I can: they (the creators of the OLB) simply mirrored the -b-.

Same thing with the -m- in Massilia: mirror it, and voila: "Wassilia".

Oh well, must be another joke to make the readers of the OLB go out on a wild goose chase.

Let me guess, Napoleon was exiled to the island Wexellia in the Middelse, but escaped to Elba.

Go to top-right of this page, and enter "1806" and click on the magnifying glass to perform the search. Be sure you are in this topic.

Menno, here's an example of what you will find when you search for "1806" in this thread (and don't forget to click on the link in that old post):

Hahaha, you are right.

But I don't think this 'prophecy' has anything to do with the paranormal.

I consider it to be a clue, a hint.

You'd expect anyone reading that line, about what would happen 4000 years after the submergence of Aldland, would do a little calculating, and wonder what did happen 1806 AD.

Well, I did, and ended up with the French Revolution (and the OLB ideas of a future ideal society, similar to the ideas of the French Revolution), Louis Napoleon as King of Holland (1806), Halbertsma's contact with Napoleon's nephew in England (and H's translation into Frisian of the Gospel according to Matthew on request of this nephew), Halbertsma's year of birth being the start of the FR, the Linden trees that were planted to commemorate the FR (in relation to the many mentionings of Linda-this and Linda-that in the OLB), and even the idea to install some kind of 'Supreme Being' by these French revolutionaries on a date in june that was symbolized by the Linden tree, and so on.

( Read my post 5492, http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=5490 )

++++++

EDIT:

Cult of the Supreme Being

The primary principles of the Cult of the Supreme Being were a belief in the existence of a god and the immortality of the human soul.[7] Though not inconsistent with Christian doctrine, these beliefs were put to the service of Robespierre's fuller meaning, which was of a type of civic-minded, public virtue he attributed to the Greeks and Romans:[8] this type of Virtue could only be attained through active fidelity to liberty and democracy.[9] Belief in a living god and a higher moral code, he said, were "constant reminders of justice" and thus essential to a republican society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_the_Supreme_Being

Edited by Abramelin

I had very good reasons.

Can you tell me why in very ancient history north Africa was called "Libya", but only the OLB calls it "Lydia"?

Oh well, must be another joke to make the readers of the OLB go out on a wild goose chase.

And I'd like to add what Knul suggested yesterday:

"I guess you combine Wexalia with OLB wixla = change (exchange trade - ruilhandel) ?"

==

Missellia, The island that became Marseilles. It was mistakenly sold to the Golen of Sidon hence the name "miss sale". It eventually became the first city of the Gaul in southern France.

http://earth-history.com/Europe/Oera/oera-glossary.htm

+++++++

EDIT:

wix-l-ia 4, afries., sw. V. (2): nhd. wechseln, tauschen; ne. exchange (V.); ÜG.: lat.

permðtõre L 2; Vw.: s. bi-*, for-*; Hw.: vgl. an. vÆxla, ae. wÆxlan, as. wehslon*,

ahd. wehsalæn*; Q.: B, E, L 2; E.: germ. *wehsljan, sw. V., wechseln; s. idg. *øeik-

(4), *øeig-, V., Sb., biegen, winden, sich wenden, weichen (V.) (2), Wechsel,

Abwechslung, Pokorny 1130; W.: nfries. wigseljen, V., wechseln, tauschen; W.:

saterl. wicselja, V., wechseln, tauschen; L.: Hh 132b, Rh 1157a

http://www.koeblergerhard.de/germanistischewoerterbuecher/altfriesischeswoerterbuch/afries-W.pdf

Edited by Abramelin

LOL, omg....

The meaning of Sydney

Origin: English

Meaning: From St. Denis.

Origin: English

Meaning: Variant of Sidney: Wide Island: south of the water; from Sidon.

Origin: French

Meaning: Follower of Saint Denys. From St. Denis.

Origin: French

Meaning: Variant of Sidney: From Saint-Denis (place name). This name has recently become popular for girls as well as boys.

Origin: Greek

Meaning: From Sidon.

http://www.andythenamebender.com/name-meanings/Sydney.htm

===

Saint Denis is the patron of France and Headaches.

http://www.catholic-saints.info/patron-saints/saint-denis.htm

(Terschelling) Wexalia = Wixla or 'exchange'?

In Dutch:

Terschelling bleef Hollands tot 1806, toen de Bataafse Republiek instortte en Nederland werd ingelijfd door het Napoleontische rijk. Het werd een koninkrijk onder koning Lodewijk Napoleon, de broer van Bonaparte, die besloot het eiland om praktische redenen bij de provincie Friesland in te delen. Een maatregel die in 1814, na de val van Napoleon, alweer ongedaan werd gemaakt. Het Voorlopig Bestuur dat na het vertrek van de Fransen werd gevormd kende Terschelling weer toe aan de provincie Noord-Holland.

In English:

Terschelling remained part of the province of Holland until 1806, when the Batavian Republic collapsed and the Netherlands was annexed by the Napoleonic Empire. It became a kingdom under King Louis Napoleon, Bonaparte's brother, who decided to assign the island for practical reasons to the province of Friesland. A measure which already became uninstalled in 1814, after the fall of Napoleon. The Provisional Goverment that came into being after the departure of the French assigned Terschelling back to the province of North Holland again.

http://islas.ruudbijlsma.nl/tsl_nl.htm

Only after the French occupation at the start of the 19th century [ = 1806] was Terschelling united as one entity again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terschelling

The last appearance of the name Wexalia is in a treaty between Folkerus Reijner Popma, then ruler of Terschelling, with king Edward IV of England in 1482.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terschelling

("Folkerus"??? He would be called "Folkert" or "Fokke" in Frisian. You know, the "Phocaea" / "Fokaia" I was looking for, heh)

I had very good reasons.

No, I don't think so...

liberal (adj.)

late 14c., from O.Fr. liberal "befitting free men, noble, generous," from L. liberalis "noble, generous," lit. "pertaining to a free man," from liber "free," from PIE base *leudheros (cf. Gk. eleutheros "free"), probably originally "belonging to the people" (though the precise semantic development is obscure), from *leudho- "people" (cf. O.C.S. ljudu, Lith. liaudis, O.E. leod, Ger. Leute "nation, people").

Your Liudgert.

gerti was also geria - devourer/drinker - I don't know if this might have some bearing on the name as well.

This was Lyda. Maybe even Lord in some form, the free man, the Lord, of the people, his slaves basically.

Libya - freemen - from 'Lyda's people' (PIE? leud/ho) free/people - also seen in Liud/Ljudu - German leute - Ju Leute maybe

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=liberal&allowed_in_frame=0

Here's one: Maybe King Arthur is atha too - the head of his Round Table.

Edited by The Puzzler

Yeah, or simply mirror a letter, and you get "Lydia".

Or Wassilia.

No one ever called Libya "Lydia", only the OLB.

No one ever suggested Massilia had anything to do with an exchange or a wrong sale, but the old name of Terschelling hints at this 'sale' or exchange.

Edited by Abramelin

Wat bij de omwerking tot kroniek precies de rolverdeling tussen Verwijs

en HaverSchmidt is geweest, kan vooralsnog niet precies worden vastgesteld.

Dat ze in gezamenlijk overleg hebben gewerkt, bewijst onder andere het

hierboven genoemde uit de familie Over de Linden gelekte getuigenis. Daarin

wordt het tafereel geschetst van Cornelis over de Linden die overdag stukken

afschreef en die ’s avonds samen met twee geleerde doktoren het geschrevene

nalas en dan, zo herinnerde zich Cornelis’ kleinzoon, bulderden de drie mannen

van het lachen: ‘Ze zullen het nooit geloven’.

http://argyf.fryske-akademy.eu/files/fa/faciliteiten/universitaire-frisistiek/collegestof-om-down-te-loaden/coll06_olb_ed_inleiding_9-54.pdf

As for what the exact roles for Verwijs and Haverschmidt in the reorganization to a chronicle have been, has yet to be determined. That they have worked in mutual consultation proves, among other things, the above mentioned leaked testimony from the Over de Linden family.

In it a scene is sketched about Cornelis Over de Linden who finished some pieces of the text during daytime, and who during the evening, together with two learned doctors, re-read the writing and then, as recalled by Cornelis' grandson, the three men roared with laughter: "They'll never believe it '.

Edited by Abramelin

No, I don't think so...

liberal (adj.)

late 14c., from O.Fr. liberal "befitting free men, noble, generous," from L. liberalis "noble, generous," lit. "pertaining to a free man," from liber "free," from PIE base *leudheros (cf. Gk. eleutheros "free"), probably originally "belonging to the people" (though the precise semantic development is obscure), from *leudho- "people" (cf. O.C.S. ljudu, Lith. liaudis, O.E. leod, Ger. Leute "nation, people").

Your Liudgert.

gerti was also geria - devourer/drinker - I don't know if this might have some bearing on the name as well.

This was Lyda. Maybe even Lord in some form, the free man, the Lord, of the people, his slaves basically.

Libya - freemen - from 'Lyda's people' (PIE? leud/ho) free/people - also seen in Liud/Ljudu - German leute - Ju Leute maybe

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=liberal&allowed_in_frame=0

Here's one: Maybe King Arthur is atha too - the head of his Round Table.

The OLB world was divided in EUROPE - ASIA - AFRICA monitored by the three sisters FRYA -FINDA - LYDA. Europe was divided between Frya (West) and Finda (East), the Middle-East between Finda (back) and Lyda (front). So Lyda reigned both over Lydia and Libya.

Yeah, or simply mirror a letter, and you get "Lydia".

Or Wassilia.

Lib goes back to leud and Lyd. It's that simple.

As for your Wexalia and exchange etc, I wouldn't be surprised, you have found many places that seem to match up in your areas. This is one clever, clever manuscript.

It may just be meant to be read as both.

Edited by The Puzzler

The OLB world was divided in EUROPE - ASIA - AFRICA monitored by the three sisters FRYA -FINDA - LYDA. Europe was divided between Frya (West) and Finda (East), the Middle-East between Finda (back) and Lyda (front). So Lyda reigned both over Lydia and Libya.

Well there you go. They mixed a fair bit in places too. And in Lydia there was Sfard, we went there long ago but it again is like a Germanic word, swartz - black, goes through to swarthy, dark skin. They say the name comes from the colour of Sard, onyx.

This place was called Sparda by the Persians.

Edited by The Puzzler

Lib goes back to leud and Lyd. It's that simple.

As for your Wexalia and exchange etc, I wouldn't be surprised, you have found many places that seem to match up in your areas. This is one clever, clever manuscript.

It may just be meant to be read as both.

LIB (as in the way you explained it) goes back to freedom (from Latin, btw), LYD/LEUD/LIUD to people. Still, mirror one letter, and the meaning changes.

Give me an ancient text (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Phoenician) that calls northern Africa 'Lydia'.

Just one.

Edited by Abramelin

LIB goes back to freedom (from Latin, btw), LYD/LEUD/LIUD to people. Still, mirror one letter, and the meaning changes.

Give me an ancient text (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Phoenician) that calls northern Africa 'Lydia'.

Just one.

Look harder first.

They are the same word. You asked how Libya is Lydia and I showed the word is the same.

liberal (adj.)

You don't know what they were calling it prior to them, Lyda's free people fits perfectly - the language changed slightly, from leud/lyd, maybe the locals said lib, but you can see clearly above they belong to the same word etymology.

You must see how words change over time and become different meanings. The Libyans were free-men, men of Poseidon.

I remember how much you laughed once when I said I thought Etruscan writing might be mirrored writing, you know, they had all those mirrors, were they that vain?

But in this case I don't think so. Lyda could easily be either Libya or Lydia imo.

Edited by The Puzzler

This is the only theory that comes close to Lydia:

Oric Bates, a historian, considers that the name Libu or LBW would be derived from the name Luwatah[7] whilst the name Liwata is a derivation of the name Libu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Libya

For all the rest of recorded (Phoenician, Egyptian, Greek and Roman) history the name is written with LB.

Wat bij de omwerking tot kroniek precies de rolverdeling tussen Verwijs

en HaverSchmidt is geweest, kan vooralsnog niet precies worden vastgesteld.

Dat ze in gezamenlijk overleg hebben gewerkt, bewijst onder andere het

hierboven genoemde uit de familie Over de Linden gelekte getuigenis. Daarin

wordt het tafereel geschetst van Cornelis over de Linden die overdag stukken

afschreef en die ’s avonds samen met twee geleerde doktoren het geschrevene

nalas en dan, zo herinnerde zich Cornelis’ kleinzoon, bulderden de drie mannen

van het lachen: ‘Ze zullen het nooit geloven’.

http://argyf.fryske-akademy.eu/files/fa/faciliteiten/universitaire-frisistiek/collegestof-om-down-te-loaden/coll06_olb_ed_inleiding_9-54.pdf

As for what the exact roles for Verwijs and Haverschmidt in the reorganization to a chronicle have been, has yet to be determined. That they have worked in mutual consultation proves, among other things, the above mentioned leaked testimony from the Over de Linden family.

In it a scene is sketched about Cornelis Over de Linden who finished some pieces of the text during daytime, and who during the evening, together with two learned doctors, re-read the writing and then, as recalled by Cornelis' grandson, the three men roared with laughter: "They'll never believe it '.

Jensma

1. denies that Cornelis over de Linden did not understand the manuscript as he wrote to Verwijs,

2. denies that Leendert over de Linden stated that his father Cornelis over de Linden did not write the OLB,

3. denies the role of Ernest Stadermann,

4. denies that Verwijs called the OLB a hoax in a letter to Johan Winkler,

5. denies that Haverschmidt wrote to Leendert over the Linden, that he did not participate and even didn't know Cornelis over de Linden.

If one denies, what people have written, one can proof anything.

See: http://www.rodinbook.nl/olbbrieven.html to read their letters.

Edited by Knul

"I remember how much you laughed once when I said I thought Etruscan writing might be mirrored writing, you know, they had all those mirrors, were they that vain?"

How many mirrors do you have in your house?

Are you vain, or do you use it for some special writing style?

LOL !