Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

No.

Are you trying to distract me?

I am busy.

No.

You SHOULD be interested in what I said.

Well, I was.

++++

The Lords of Navarre - José Lacambra-Loizu (from the book's Preface, page xxiii)

During a recent visit to my ancestral home in the Spanish Pyrenees, I happened across a sixteenth century manuscript claiming family roots that dated back to "time immemorial."

Edited by Abramelin

Thanks for the reference Abramelin. For me new names, but I came accross on Youtube the amusing Hietbrink.

Must say I had a good laugh and glad to get known him :-)

Maybe Hietbrink is pretty known by you Dutch (for me when you mentionned), but the tv-program 'Man bijt hond' on public channel is very known in Vlaanderen.

Another language focused program on the flemmish tv is 'Man over woord'. Here Becanus and his theory were looked at with a smile.

Just for intermezzo a flemish song-lyrics which gives a good summary about his person.

Maybe I'll translate when I can take some more time.

Hietbrink is a first-class idiot.

And he has the same ideas as our Van Gorp has here.

It's not even near "lego-etymology", it's even far worse than that.

IMO he's a most entertaining mad genius.

Genius, eh?

He should be glad living here, in the Netherlands.

Anywhere else he would be in danger of being locked up for life.

Genius, eh?

Maybe chill a bit? :-) Why take it that serious, if not agree.

I don't think it's idiotical to look at language by the speech itself.

We didn't write down first the words to pronounce it afterwards.

These sounds within words had truely a meening on their own, where your fixed view seemingly doesn't reach, no offence.

Sound 'Kr' in

Kr-aken

Kr-ijsen

Kr-assen

Have all the meaning to kind of scratch within in the ear

Gl-ide

Gl-ove

Gl-ad

you can figure out yourself i think

Thanks for the translation Otharus, it has been a most interesting read. :tu:

Genius, eh?

You just perfectly demonstrated the extremely intolerant climate here (and elsewhere in the world), created by people like yourself, against people who dare to speak out their thoughts that deviate from the main stream.

A few hundred years ago, people like you would love to go look at the live burning (or worse) of heretics in public.

IAmNotAWitch-MontyPythonandtheHolyGrail.jpg

Thanks for the translation Otharus, it has been a most interesting read. :tu:

You're welcome Puzzler, I appreciate hearing that.

There's more to come!

Genius, eh?

Besides, the Netherlands DO have a way of locking up and isolating people with strange ideas (because they might do strange things some day).

Sometimes for life, but usually until they agree to take (highly addictive) neuroleptics and shut up or commit suicide.

You just perfectly demonstrated the extremely intolerant climate here (and elsewhere in the world), created by people like yourself, against people who dare to speak out their thoughts that deviate from the main stream.

A few hundred years ago, people like you would love to go look at the live burning (or worse) of heretics in public.

IAmNotAWitch-MontyPythonandtheHolyGrail.jpg

I said anywhere else he would be locked up for life.

Meaning: he is free to do whatever he likes, HERE, in the Netherlands.

He was even allowed to teach his nonsense to a class of pupils.

Besides, the Netherlands DO have a way of locking up and isolating people with strange ideas (because they might do strange things some day).

Sometimes for life, but usually until they agree to take (highly addictive) neuroleptics and shut up or commit suicide.

You're just making that all up for the sole reason you want to create an image of the OLB being surpressed in the Netherlands.

You're just making that all up for the sole reason you want to create an image of the OLB being surpressed in the Netherlands.

I thought you would understand that I was speaking from personal experience.

Why do you think I have been hiding in the desert?

Anyway...

In one of the following posts, I will give hard evidence for the fact that the OLB has been subpressed in the Netherlands.

If there is any proof of the OLB being authentic, divers/archeologists should visit the "White Bank" north of the province of Groningen, the Netherlands.

Please read what I posted about that "White Bank" or the "White Island of the Dead":

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179840&st=705

"It claims the saga dates from at least 6th century AD, and that it was known from Westkapelle in the province of Zeeland to Baflo in the province of Groningen, and also in Ostfriesland in Germany."

White_Bank.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

I thought you would understand that I was speaking from personal experience.

Why do you think I have been hiding in the desert?

Anyway...

In one of the following posts, I will give hard evidence for the fact that the OLB has been subpressed in the Netherlands.

I assumed you'd have that evidence ready at hand.

Anyway, a lot has been published in Dutch about the Oera Linda Book in the past 150 years, although not always very complimentary.

Many people will have learned about the OLB through these writings, and Goffe Jensma was the most recent Dutch writer who published a book about the OLB.

The most you can say is that the OLB is most often seen as a fabrication, but in no way it is being suppressed, not in the Netherlands, not anywhere.

People are people, and they will form their opinions based on what they want to believe anyway, despite other people publishing books that should make them at least doubt their beliefs.

I assumed you'd have that evidence ready at hand.

I need to translate my sources first and write an explanation to them, but have other priorities this weekend.

So I ask a bit of patience.

I need to translate my sources first and write an explanation to them, but have other priorities this weekend.

So I ask a bit of patience.

OK, I see.

Can you give us a hint? Is it a Dutch source?

OK, I see.

Can you give us a hint? Is it a Dutch source?

Yes, and they have not been discussed by Jensma.

I like your new picture.

Yes, and they have not been discussed by Jensma.

I like your new picture.

Thanks. It's a photo from an article I posted on my crow blog.

=

So not discussed by Jensma but probably known by him and/or written before he published his book?

Thanks. It's a photo from an article I posted on my crow blog.

=

So not discussed by Jensma but probably known by him and/or written before he published his book?

Interesting article. Wonderful creatures.

The name of my last and favorite ex is 'crow', but she has owl-like eyes.

=

He must have known them, but he has ignored more relevant information that does not support his theory.

Edited by Otharus

If there is any proof of the OLB being authentic, divers/archeologists should visit the "White Bank" north of the province of Groningen, the Netherlands.

Please read what I posted about that "White Bank" or the "White Island of the Dead":

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179840&st=705

"It claims the saga dates from at least 6th century AD, and that it was known from Westkapelle in the province of Zeeland to Baflo in the province of Groningen, and also in Ostfriesland in Germany."

White_Bank.jpg

Doggeland sure is interesting, to me, it seems this whole area has disappeared, which would have been much land imo, it must have crumbled or subsided, since the Doggerland disappearance is based on a landslide etc, it does not seem as though rising water covered these masses originally but have now risen to cover what is left. Intruiging for sure. Then all that stuff about the White Island being the realm of the dead...

This bit thought, caught my eye, as it seemed to be just like in the OLB:

These East Frieslanders are, as I have already

remarked, a brave, healthy, practical people ; in

them is lacking that morbid imagination which

makes us so impressible to the ghostly and super-

natural.

I kind of missed when this was written, but it does say that those descended from the Greeks believed in ghosts and the supernatural and it made them morbid, you never saw a cheerful face...

How about an impact c. 2300BC in Iraq, it might have triggered something.

"Scientists have found the first evidence that a devastating meteor

impact in the Middle East might have triggered the mysterious collapse of

civilisations more than 4,000 years ago. Studies of satellite images of

southern Iraq have revealed a two-mile-wide circular depression which

scientists say bears all the hallmarks of an impact crater. If confirmed,

it would point to the Middle East being struck by a meteor with the violence

equivalent to hundreds of nuclear bombs. Today's crater lies on what would

have been shallow sea 4,000 years ago, and any impact would have caused

devastating fires and flooding. The catastrophic effect of these could

explain the mystery of why so many early cultures went into sudden decline

around 2300 BC."

-- Robert Matthews, The Sunday Telegraph, 4 November 2001

http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/ccc/cc110501.html

Evidence as an impact craterUsing satellite imagery, Master (2001, 2002) suggests the 3.4 km diameter dry lake may be an impact crater based on its nearly circular, slightly polygonal shape, rim shape, and contrasting shape to other lakes in the region. As to its origin, Master rules out Karst solution, salt doming, tectonic deformation, and igneous intrusion as well as possible bombing or man-made origins of the structure.

Master (2001, 2002) estimates the age of the crater to be less than 5,000 years, due to the deposition of sediments of the Tigris-Euphrates plain as a result of the 130150 km seaward progradation of the Persian Gulf during that time period (Larsen & Evans 1978). A lack of writings describing this event by contemporary authors, such as Herodotus (484425 BC) and Nearchus (360300 BC) or later historians, suggests the impact may have taken place between 3000 and 5000 years BP (Master 2002). During this time period, the Al Amarah region was under the Persian Gulf at a depth of approximately 10 m (Larsen & Evans 1978: 237). Impact-induced tsunamis would have devastated coastal Sumerian cities. This may provide an alternate origin of the 2.6 m sediment layer discovered during an excavation of the Sumerian city of Ur by Leonard Wooley in 1954. Descriptive passages in The Epic of Gilgamesh (circa 16001800 BCE) may describe such an impact and tsunami, suggesting a link to the Sumerian Deluge (Matthews 2001; Britt 2001):

...and the seven judges of Hell, the Annunaki, raised their torches, lighting the land with their livid flame. A stupor of despair went up to heaven when the god of the storm turned daylight into darkness, when he smashed the land like a cup. One whole day the tempest raged, gathering fury as it went, it poured over the people like tides of battle; a man could not see his brother nor the people be seen from heaven. Even the gods were terrified at the flood, they fled to the highest heaven, the firmament of Anu; they crouched against the walls, cowering like curs. (Sanders 1960).

Of course...

Although a large mount of circumstantial evidence has been published in the literature suggesting Umm al Binni is an impact crater, no on-site analysis has been done, primarily due to the current volatile and dangerous situation in Iraq. Therefore, Umm al Binni lake remains a possible, albeit unconfirmed, impact structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umm_al_Binni_lake

Edited by The Puzzler

Yeah, I dunno why I bothered.

Hmm... it seemed as though you were not aware it had already been discussed.

That's why I said it was already discussed before; I didn't suggest you should shut up about it, lol.