Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Yes, we'll film in spring, summer, and in Greece.

No high costs for costumes, LOL!

:yes:

And we need someone to play Wralda. Well, someone of whom you only need the voice of.

I hope Alewyn won't mind me saying this, but I think he's a big hombre with a booming voice. He would be perfect (if I am right, of course) for the role of Wralda. Well, let's be honest: because of him and his book we are all here in this thread.

But then you will have to write some text because Wralda never speaks 'in person' in the OLB.

Edited by Abramelin

And the girl well-known from the Ode-to-Frya videos:

leerfamke.jpg

You know her?

Introduce her to us.

LOL, I think some admins are still sleeping...

No, she doesn't look familiar to me (her face that is, heh). The one I posted is Tera Patrick, btw.

Hey, maybe you can invite Famke Janssen? She's Frisian and an actress (she played in "X-Men").

+++

EDIT:

Correction: she was born in Amsterdam, but her name is West-Frisian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famke_Janssen

And she's not free at the moment:

Famke Janssen has been cast as the leader of a coven of evil witches

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansel_and_Gretel:_Witch_Hunters

(BTW: if you keep posting those pictures, the number of visitors to this thread will rise to incredible heights, lol)

Edited by Abramelin

And the girl well-known from the Ode-to-Frya videos:

leerfamke.jpg

Ah, found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJd0n6oVizc&feature=related

++++++

EDIT:

Man, I nearly got a heart attack: one of those 'related videos' you see at the end of your video had a woman, Freya, dancing, and I thought it was my ex/neighbour whom I sometimes post about (when I am totally ****):

post-18246-0-34462200-1329420966_thumb.j

Edited by Abramelin

But then you will have to write some text because Wralda never speaks 'in person' in the OLB.

No, I would not let Wralda speak, only non-verbal through thunder & lightning, the sun, sea, sky, an oak or rock, or maybe a crow or raven.

All voices need to be accentless Fryan for the Fryas, with variations for the ones with other or mixed blood.

And the Sturen have their sea-accent, etc.

The Greek priests need Mediterranean accents.

Edited by Otharus

No, I would not let Wralda speak, only non-verbal through thunder & lightning, the sun, sea, sky, an oak or rock, or maybe a crow or raven.

All voices need to be accentless Fryan for the Fryas, with variations for the ones with other or mixed blood.

And the Sturen have their sea-accent, etc.

The Greek priests need Mediterranean accents.

Hahahaha, I think you know my accent: it's from The Hague ("Haags").

Just imagine a Van Kooten or De Bie playing a Greek priest.

:w00t:

But what would Alewyn's rol be? Now I AM curious...

And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better...

...it goes right ahead and does.

Lilthor, I can only tell you this: I really hope this thread never ends.

OK, sometimes we are not serious and fooling around a bit, but next day we 'sharpen our knives' and are back in business.

I can truelly honestly - and whatever adverb I should add to show my appreciation - say this: this gigantic thread has become something I really love.

And if you now think, "Abe is drunk again", then no: I have been wandering around for more than an hour to search for the dog of that ex I talked about.

Didn't find him, btw. And that sucks major: I love that dog.

The next pic is not her dog, but it's close enough (and "Paco" is really massive, like a Mike Tyson as a dog, lol. I think he weighs like 40 kilos, and only muscles):

578-miniature-bull-terrier.jpg

He doesn't have that bent nose most bullterriers have because he is 75 percent bullterrier and 25 percent pittbull terrier. I always call him "crocodile" because of his huge jaws, but he never hurted me with those bear traps.

He is like a marshmellow; never had the pleasure to meet a more friendly dog than this one.

And that even despite his boss's character (my ex).

OK, sorry for going off-topic again.

Edited by Abramelin

Sorry haven't read this massive thread but the book seems an obvious parody. Monotheism in ancient Europe? No way. A very 19th century sort of wish.

Monotheism in ancient Europe? No way.

Welcome to the thread.

Sorry, it's not Monotheism, but Monism.

With a touch of ancestor- and hero(ine)-worship.

Edited by Otharus

Sorry haven't read this massive thread but the book seems an obvious parody. Monotheism in ancient Europe? No way. A very 19th century sort of wish.

LOL,you know what? Sit back in your favorite chair, have a beer and a smoke (if you like), and start reading this entire thread.

When you're done after about 2 weeks, tell us again what you think.

Welcome to the thread.

Sorry, it's not Monotheism, but Monism.

With a touch of ancestor- and hero(ine)-worship.

Monism would have been equally foreign to ancient Europe.

LOL,you know what? Sit back in your favorite chair, have a beer and a smoke (if you like), and start reading this entire thread.

When you're done after about 2 weeks, tell us again what you think.

Can't have a beer or a smoke I'm afraid nor have I got 2 weeks to spare. :(

Can't have a beer or a smoke I'm afraid nor have I got 2 weeks to spare. :(

Well, whatever gets you going.

This thread covered about any science and discipline you can think of.

He will be busy selling a lot of books...

and maybe write a new one.

That would not be an interesting role, heh.

Not for your movie.

Yes, they are in if they want!

They made me.

And

made me too.

I once had a gf who sometimes called me late at night. She let me talk and talk, and most often all she did was giggle.

I asked her "Why are you giggling? I didn't say anything funny, right?"

And then she said, "I love to hear you talk. About anything, it doesn't matter, as long as I can hear your voice.

I asked her, "Why is that?"

Then she said, "I love that accent of yours" (she was from the east, near the German border).

And believe me, I have tried to get rid of that accent for decades.

I must be a descendant of those OLB guys who pronounced "Aldland" as "Atland", LOL. That would be a thing from people living in The Hague.

Edited by Abramelin

The way the characters get caught up in famous events from Classical mythology and history is highly suspicious, because in the 19th century that's the only history that was generally known.

The alphabet with its numbers is an obvious concoction as well.

The way the characters get caught up in famous events from Classical mythology and history is highly suspicious, because in the 19th century that's the only history that was generally known.

The alphabet with its numbers is an obvious concoction as well.

Heh, you tell me??

It reminds me of the Book of Mormon.

Not only that, it is as old as the Book of Mormon.

And Friesland was were the Book of Mormon was introduced first in The Netherlands.

I take a few days off this thread and it goes crazy!

A movie Otharus? That's pretty cool.

He suggested I should play one of the evil monks that were enemies of the OLB.

lol go Abe.

Please don't tell me I scared you all off??

I must have hit jackpot, right?

Ok, no prob. Next morning you will all give me something 'sane' and/or 'smart' as an answer.

But I just pour out whatever I may find on my searches.

I never had the impression any of the believers had the balls to do the same.

Never.

I'm very good at just pouring out whatever - I cop alot of flak on this whole forum for it too - it might seem crazy or even stupid, see my Basques were Trojans topic now, lol - you'd have to be a mug to start a topic like that here - well, I don't care. :w00t:

I think your posts about Askar sound fairly logical really, I can see both sides on this, the names do seem to be a possible connection I'll admit that.

Edited by The Puzzler