Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Just for interest:

The ancient Germanic people

The three main haplogroups associated with Germanic people are I1, I2b1 and R1b-U106. The latter is an old pre-Celtic branch of R1b mostly found around Frisia. These people are thought to have mixed with I1 people to form the ancient Germanic culture. In Scandinavia R1a is also quite common, although its presence could have predated a Germanic expansion from northern Germany, Denmark and southern Sweden.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25163-Y-DNA-haplogroups-of-ancient-civilizations

I take a few days off this thread and it goes crazy!

A movie Otharus? That's pretty cool.

lol go Abe.

LOL.

I'll tell you a funny story.

Many years ago I knew a woman from a course and she was heavily interested in 'reincarnation'. During that course she noticed that I had re-arranged the text/ lesson material the teacher taught us up to a point that that same teacher wanted to use my version instead of hers for future classes. This same woman also knew I had thousands of books at home, and she said I must have been some monk in my 'past life'.

But then, years after, I heard of a woman living nearby who claimed to be 'clairvoyant' and more out of fun I visited her. Well, despite my huge scepsis she told me things about my early youth that were spot on. No general things, but very specific situations at home, and about my character as a young boy (she said she could see 'auras' and 'chakras', that stuff. I was sitting in near dark on a chair, candles lit, and she with eyes CLOSED in another chair opposite from me).

Well, now it comes: she said at some point: "Now I will talk about your past lives". I thought "Oh yeah, this will be good, hahaha!"

It was... She said I had been some sort of pirate captain in the distant past... 'in the west'. She mentioned my .. uhm... troublesome character. But also that my left eye had been cut by a knife or a sword.

I never thought much of that reincarnation stuff - and still don't (I have another explanation) - but what she told me amazed me a lot.

Why?

At the moment I visited her I had been having pains in my left eye for about a year, and even had gone to hospital to have it checked. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with my left eye and told me that 'it must be psychological'..

Another thing: at the time of my visit I had been copying a socalled 'fibula' in the form of a crow on a sail of the Tuatha de Danaan who invaded Ireland in its mythological past. If you never heard of Jim Fitzpatrick then try to find his paintings about the Lebor Gebhala (sp?) or the Irish Book of Conquests.

And yet another thing.. and a really weird one: many years before my visit to this woman I had had a dream. It was a very vivid one and if I close my eyes now, I can still see it in front of me despite it happened like 35+ years ago.

The dream: I was sailing with a large group of men who were the rowers. There were round shields at the sides of the ship near the men as protection (like you see on pics of Viking ships). The shields all carried an inscription near the edge in something that looked like Etruscan or Phoenician script or runes. At some point I could even 'read' the script, the script on my own shield, and it read "Reshitskal Tsellordo", but I had no idea what it meant except that it was my name. And the men all wore a helmet with weird looking horns on top.

We came near a long and narrow peninsula on the northern part of some island, went onland and I ordered my men to go uphill. At the top I said, "This is Corsica". My men asked me, "How do you know?" I said, "Look to the east, that is Italy". I have no idea if you can even see the Italian mainland from Corsica, but I think not, but in dreams everything is possible, right?

But now this: at some point we were looking down from the top of the mountain ridge to the valley below us. In that valley was a circular megalithic structure somewhat like Stonehenge. We all still stood on top of that ridge between huge upright stones. The people in the valley were having some kind of celebration and they played music. The music sounded 'eerie', and made my men and I quite nervous, even scared. Then, when I had had enough of this music, I ordered my men to run downhill and kill everyone in sight. But first we overturned the upright stones we had been standing aside, and let them fall into the valley. OK, finally we ran down the hill and when we arrived in that valley we killed everything that moved, but mainly because we were scared shtless of this culture.

There the dream ends; I still remember I woke up, sweating like a pig.

It gets weirder... Years after that dream I bought a book about ancient cultures, and one chapter really caught my eyes: it was about ancient Corsica, Sardinia and the Shardana, the inhabitants of ancient Sardinia. I had never even heard of these people or read anything about the ancient history of Corsica and Sardinia (the dream I had had long before the internet and Discovery Channel and National Geographic; we had only a few tv channels). Now it comes: in that chapter I read that the Shardana had invaded Corsica around the 13th century BC, and had destroyed the culture of these ancient Corsicans because of some 'superstitious belief': the Shardana had thrown over the upright stones and anything related to that culture, aside from killing the people who had created it...

You can imagine that what I read in that book really amazed me for my dream had been about exactly that.

And then this woman starts telling me I had been a pirate captain...

But ok, Otharus wants me to be a Greek priest, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

Maybe it was a parody of it.

While boatload after boatload of emigrants left Europe in the 1800s sailing westward to America, one Frisian, Anne Wiegers van der Woude, swam against the tide and headed back to the Netherlands in the spring of 1861. What motivated Anne to undertake such an arduous journey again once he had safely settled in his new homeland? Religion. For Van der Woude had converted to Mormonism, journeyed to Zion (Utah) in 1853 and owing to his knowledge of the Dutch language had been commissioned to return to his native land as a missionary.

http://mvgcontact.org/HLL2a.htm

Vikings and Arabs again.

We have discussed the contact between Vikings and Arabs (the Spanish Moors) in connection to the OLB script. But the Vikings could be roughly divided in the west Vikings (Nowegians), the south Vikings (Danes) and east Vikings (Swedes). The Danes and Norwegian Vikings went to the west and south while the Swedish Vikings concentrated themselves more on the Baltic, Russia, Black Sea area and further south.

The earliest contact between the Danish Vikings and (Spanish) Arabs happened in the 9th century, but that doesn't mean there was no earlier contact betwen Vikings and Arabs.

Long ago I already mentioned the Viking hoard found in Wieringen, in the Dutch province of Noordholland (the area of West-Friesland), but here is something more:

Wieringen was an important strategic stronghold along the route to the major tradecities of that time. It thanked this to the geography: Wieringen was one of only a few higher and solid points in the moorarea that formed North-Holland.

The first Silvertreasure of Westerklief was the first indication that Vikings appreciated this and settled on Wieringen permanently. The silvertreasure, consisting of Carolingian and Arab coins, bracelets and silver bars, is presumably buried by a Danish Viking in a stonework pot in the ninth century.

Amateur archeologists found the treasure with a metal detector. In total silver objects and coins with a combined weight of 1,7 kg were found, partly still in the pot they were buried in. The exact contents were:

(...)

3 Arab coins, worked into jewellery. There is 1 Abbasidian dirhem of Abou al Abbas Safah (750-754 AD), and two Sassanidian dirhems of Xusro II (590-628). The Abbasidian empire had Bagdad as capital, The Sassanidians came from Persia, and ruled the Middle East in Mohammed's days. The Arab coins again point to a Scandinavian origin, considering the tradecontacts the Vikings had with the Middle East since the 6th century. Arab coins have been found in large numbers all across Scandinavia, but only very occasionaly elsewhere.

http://www.pagowirense.nl/english/wr-his2a.htm

Edited by Abramelin

For those interested in the manuscript text of the OLB: today I published a new transcription, in which many (but not yet all) mistakes made by Ottema have been corrected. You find the new transcription on: http://webc.rodinbook.nl/auth/htmledit/htmledit.nl.php?pwd=/&file=olbmanuscript.html. Besides it is for the first time, that the lines have been numbered. It appeared crucial, that each page - except the Hidde and Liko introductions - contain 32 lines throughout the whole OLB., written in one hand only and showing non-linguistic cutting of words over two lines (in many cases somewhere in the middle of words). In the latter case special attention is asked for cutting words with the ending -on (imperf. plural) like gvng-on. See also my remarks on typography (in Dutch).

LOL.

I'll tell you a funny story.

The funny thing in reincarnation stories is, that the reincarnated persons were always mighty people in their past lives.

The funny thing in reincarnation stories is, that the reincarnated persons were always mighty people in their past lives.

Not always, but I don't believe in it anyway.

And the socalled life I described was in fact nothing but the life of some hooligan with a bunch of comrades on a ship.

For those interested in the manuscript text of the OLB: today I published a new transcription, in which many (but not yet all) mistakes made by Ottema have been corrected. You find the new transcription on: http://webc.rodinbook.nl/auth/htmledit/htmledit.nl.php?pwd=/&file=olbmanuscript.html. Besides it is for the first time, that the lines have been numbered. It appeared crucial, that each page - except the Hidde and Liko introductions - contain 32 lines throughout the whole OLB., written in one hand only and showing non-linguistic cutting of words over two lines (in many cases somewhere in the middle of words). In the latter case special attention is asked for cutting words with the ending -on (imperf. plural) like gvng-on. See also my remarks on typography (in Dutch).

Menno, this is where I end up when I click on your link: https://www.one.com/en/admin/login

This is the correct link: http://rodinbook.nl/olbmanuscript.html

And Menno, I don't know if you realized it, but the number 32 seems to be important:

On page 46 of the original manuscript there are only 32 Yule wheels with letters below them...

No -GS and no -W- are in Yule wheels, although they do show up in the text.

Look here: http://images.tresoar.nl/bibl-collectie/boeken/oeralinda/groot/pagina.php?p=48&pm=212

Edited by Abramelin

Menno, this is where I end up when I click on your link: https://www.one.com/en/admin/login

This is the correct link: http://rodinbook.nl/olbmanuscript.html

And Menno, I don't know if you realized it, but the number 32 seems to be important:

On page 46 of the original manuscript there are only 32 Yule wheels with letters below them...

No -GS and no -W- are in Yule wheels, although they do show up in the text.

Look here: http://images.tresoa...php?p=48&pm=212

I see, I had to refer to the open session: http://rodinbook.nl/...anuscript.html/.

The number 32 belongs to the series 4 - 8 -16 - 32 -64 , being the number of katerns. It may also be the number of the 32 letters of the OLB alphabet.

Edited by Knul

I see, I had to refer to the open session: http://rodinbook.nl/...anuscript.html/.

The number 32 belongs to the series 4 - 8 -16 - 32 -64 , being the number of katerns. It may also be the number of the 32 letters of the OLB alphabet.

Menno, none of your links work if you keep adding a period right after the url.

http://rodinbook.nl/olbmanuscript.html

Anyway, 32 letters while there are actually 2 more, and 210 official pages in the OLB while there are actually 2 more...

Now I have very often been thinking about some kind of code to crack the OLB. You know, like for instance taking every 32d letter of the manuscript, and maybe starting with the page that has number 1 written on top (leaving out the first two, unnumbered pages)? The obvious problem for that kind of approach are all the blancs, connecting underscore-lines, tildes, and ink-blobs.

Edited by Abramelin

Menno, none of your links work if you keep adding a period right after the url.

http://rodinbook.nl/olbmanuscript.html

Anyway, 32 letters while there are actually 2 more, and 210 official pages in the OLB while there are actually 2 more...

Now I have very often been thinking about some kind of code to crack the OLB. You know, like for instance taking every 32d letter of the manuscript, and maybe starting with the page that has number 1 written on top (leaving out the first two, unnumbered pages)? The obvious problem for that kind of approach are all the blancs, connecting underscore-lines, tildes, and ink-blobs.

Maybe it is too early now to look for a code untill the text line for line has been checked. If you come across differences between the MS text and Ottema's text, I would like to know. I remember we discussed willath - nillath earlier, but I have not yet located that page.

And the socalled life I described was in fact nothing but the life of some hooligan with a bunch of comrades on a ship.

But you were the pirate captain, which is nothing less than a sea warlord.

Maybe it is too early now to look for a code untill the text line for line has been checked. If you come across differences between the MS text and Ottema's text, I would like to know. I remember we discussed willath - nillath earlier, but I have not yet located that page.

The trouble with trying to unlock the OLB using cryptography is how important are those many 'tildes', ~~~~, how important are the many ink-blobs, how important are the blancs, and so on.

==

Willath-Nillath? I remember you mentioned it long ago.

But you were the pirate captain, which is nothing less than a sea warlord.

Jesus, he was nothing but some hooligan who owned a ship and was able to pay some other guys to row his ship.

And then set out for a raid and kill the people they meet on their raids to get the loot, or kill for fun, or because they were afraid.

Nothing special at all.

It's not like a dream of being Alexander the Great or something?

And that was all to it: a DREAM.

But somehow this woman picked it up and told me about it.

++

I sat in a chair that creaked with every move I made (me moving every time she said something that was true. Her eyes were closed, but her ears were very OPEN.

So, even with her eyes closed, she knew she was spot on, or totally wrong, just by the sound the chair I was sitting on made.

I am a skeptic, Menno, and I also know a thing or two about how to get info from people, info they do not want to disclose.

It's like a game, nothing more, nothing less. But your senses must be acute.

Ask any poker player.

Edited by Abramelin

It was a great story. lol

Very interesting Abe.

They must indeed have been tribes of the same origin.

I wonder what the original meaning of their names might have been.

Dark history of Menapii and Chauci? As always: Ver Schrieck Nie!

Menapii -> Me-Na-By -> Mee Nabij -> onze buren die met ons zijn -> Allied Neighbours (Doornik region)

Chauci -> Ga-Houck -> Hoekig gaan, binnenvallen -> Tsjokken (to shock, see Choques in Frans Vlaanderen) -> to be shocked

And to make the movie complete we have

Germani -> Geer-mannen -> Samenkomen (vergaren, vergaderen, guerre)

Alemani -> Hale-mannen -> Allemant is a village in Frans Vlaanderen

Gaulen -> Ga-Halen -> We gaan het halen, wat ze ons hebben afgepakt!

And whom did the Romans fight against? :-)

I think the Roman/Greek/Norse non-sense tales, make sense if you just watch the circumstances.

One of such is the misintrepretation/projection of local names to far of regions (whether due to lack of knowledge or blunt trickery)

Many of these "twists" are present in world history.

The fairy tale to debunk, is the big one we are told to remember in school (not OLB). This will be made Diets to the world.

Before tackling OLB: Hollandia will first have to face a much broader scheme.

Plato said: "sozein ta phainomena", romantic translated as 'save' the phenomenas.

Every body can see that Plat-Hoh (High Plane) said what he said: "Zo zijn de fenomenen" ... and then there is nothing more to be known.

I really hope this thread never ends.

OK, sometimes we are not serious and fooling around a bit, but next day we 'sharpen our knives' and are back in business.

I can truelly honestly - and whatever adverb I should add to show my appreciation - say this: this gigantic thread has become something I really love.

Well said.

I must be a descendant of those OLB guys who pronounced "Aldland" as "Atland", LOL.

That would be a thing from people living in The Hague.

New-Frisian also has the silent "l" in words like âld, kâld, sâlt, hold, silst, wolst.

Similarly a silent "f" in ôfsmite, "h" in hja, "r" in swart, "t" in kastke, "d" in wurdst.

(Source: Basiscursus Frysk, Afûk)

Welcome back, Puzzler.

cop ... flak

I understand that is an Ozzy expression, meaning receive criticism.

Funny, I had never heard that one.

[...]

You can imagine that what I read in that book really amazed me for my dream had been about exactly that.

That was a good read Abe, you have an entertaining writing style.

Dreams have always fascinated me, I remember some from when I was only 5.

I like your explanation of the 'clairvoyant' woman (in a more recent post).

But how do you explain that dream?

Had you been watching films, documentaries, been reading related books?

I have changed my mind about those Greek priests. They should be older.

You might be better as a see-dog (Dutch: zee-rob).

We'll need many.

... in the Dutch province of Noordholland (the area of West-Friesland)

Allow me a little nitpick.

To avoid confusion, I would suggest to use "West-Friesland" for the western part of Friesland, and "Westfriesland" for the region in North-Holland.

BTW, I have noticed that on Frisian radio, they usually refer to Westfriesland as "de kop van Noord-Holland".

Ice-skaters from typical Westfrisian villages are never called Westfrisians, probably because they would find it confusing, but the result is, that many Frisians don't even know that "Westfriesland" exists.

I published a new transcription

On your site I read:

"[p. 1] ADELA."

This page does not exist.

And:

"Moet zijn: TO HAPE HROPA"

I have shown you that WOPA is good Oldfrisian and fits perfectly here.

And:

"29 - ON HJA FRUCHDA ÆND NOCHTA ANDA DRAMA WR-

30 ALDAS . OD"

Conclusion: your 'corrected' transliteration is worthless.

I will not use it.

Besides it is for the first time, that the lines have been numbered.

Man, when are you finally going to do your homework?

Jensma's version (2006) contains a corrected transliteration (better than yours!) with numbered lines.

Edited by Otharus

And when will you post something that is at least half witty?

That was a good read Abe, you have an entertaining writing style.

Dreams have always fascinated me, I remember some from when I was only 5.

I like your explanation of the 'clairvoyant' woman (in a more recent post).

But how do you explain that dream?

Had you been watching films, documentaries, been reading related books?

I have changed my mind about those Greek priests. They should be older.

You might be better as a see-dog (Dutch: zee-rob).

We'll need many.

No, I cannot remember I ever read about the Shardana or ancient Corsica or Sardinia, but the possibility remains that I did read something, maybe when I was 6 or 8 or something, and had forgotten all about it.

But I do remember something that happend when I could not even look over the edge of our balcony (I had to look through its vertical bars because I was still too small ) and saw my mother leave on her bike to Scheveningen to visit her mother. I cried my eyes out because I thought she would never come back...and drown at sea!! And that I can remember very clearly.

The number 32 belongs to the series 4 - 8 -16 - 32 -64 , being the number of katerns.

It may also be the number of the 32 letters of the OLB alphabet.

More basically (long before there were 'katerns' or 'letters'), 32 is 2 to the 5th exponent (2x2x2x2x2), the number of ancestors in the 5th generation (grandparents of great-grandparents).

Edited by Otharus