Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

Puzz, the Paabo site also quotes a lot of Veneti lines (the Veneti in Italy), and however much I twist an distort it, in no way it resembles Old Frisian or the language used in the OLB. Example: 94) .o..s.t..s.katus.ia.i.io.s.dona.s.to.a.tra.e..s.te.r.mon.io.s.de.i.vo.s - [MLV- 125, LLV- Vi2]

But their main Goddess has an interesting name, if this Paabo guy is right:

Once again, the inscription messages in this category are similar. They are communications with the Goddess, and for the most part wish the offering and prayer travels into the sky to Rhea. One again, while I may have mistakes in the details, in general it has to be correct. It is impossible to achieve such consistency of meaning by chance. Nowhere do I find a departure from the sentiment appropriate to a prayer to Rhea.

The inscriptions reveal a great deal about Veneti cosmology, and about their Rhea-oriented religion. Rhea, or Goddess, religion, according to ancient Greek historian Herodotus was becoming rare in his day, as the male-oriented Mars-worshipping Indo-European cultures were viciously against it. But the inscriptions reveal that the Veneti worshipped her intensely, and apparently Rhea was worshipped in the north too at the sources of amber, since the Roman historian Tacitus noted that the Aestii (and presumably Suebi) worshipped the ‘mother of the gods’ which was how Greco-Roman mythology had developed the pre-Greek Rhea.

http://www.paabo.ca/veneti/VENETICLANGUAGE.html

==

==

The Phoenicians didn't call themselves Phoenicians, but Canaanites. (K.n.n).

++++++

EDIT:

To make my point about this Veneti Goddess clear: the Nordics has a Freyja, the OLB had a Frya, the Veneti had a Rhea.

Edited by Abramelin

The dots were what I meant, that seemed similar to the OLB words:

Sentences were written continuously with dots inserted into the text in a frequent manner that does not represent word boundaries like dots did in Etruscan and Latin.

Yeah OK< I see your example - I'll rest on it for now but it may be similiar in some OLB words. WR.ALDA for example - that dot might equate to a sound in there - like WR- ah - ALDA or such.

Rhea, of course. Interesting: Mythographer Karl Kerenyi suggested that the consonance might ultimately derive from a deeper, pre-Indo-European language layer: indeed the sign combination RU+JA meaning 'pomegranate' is attested in Linear A.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhea_(mythology)

She's the Goddess who also appears between 2 lions - like I see at Mycenae, Hattusa (both Lion Gates)and a coin from Crete.

Most often Rhea's symbol is a pair of lions, the ones that pulled her celestial chariot and were seen often, rampant, one on either side of the gateways through the walls to many cities in the ancient world. The one at Mycenae is most characteristic, with the lions placed on either side of a pillar that symbolizes the goddess.

Plantagenet coat of arms...

100px-Royal_Arms_of_England_%281189-1198%29.svg.png

The lions still adorn many European crests. The cats that pull Fryas chariot may be equal to the lions. I wouldn't even be suprised if some symbolism is the same as the Great Pyramid as a mountain and the Sphinx (was) the Great Mother.

This language part caught my eye but I havent read the whole page yet.

The obelisque texts commonly begin with the word .e.go, which traditionally scholars have thought because they assumed Venetic was an archaic Latin meant I and that the deceased was speaking I am......etc But a first person message is peculiar for grave markers. The history of gravestones says that the common sentiment was as it is today, either rest in peace or in memory

In our translations .e.go means let remain which reflects the rest-in-peace sentiment. Here are some typical examples. Note how they are similar to what is on the urns or round stones, but more elaborate and formal. The formality is mainly demonstrated by the repeated use of .e.go. for example .e.go vo.l.tiimno.i. iuva.n.tiio.i which says (as literally as possible) Let remain, to go to the heavens, to infinitely extend in the eternal direction Another says Let remain, to be carried to the side of infinity Another says, Let remain to carry until the sky Another says Let remain, to being eternally to enduring eternally. Another says Let remain, to disappear, till forever A couple of inscriptions appear to speak of an oracle (u.r.kle) which I believe was a synonym for the Goddess. As I scan all the results, all of the obelisque texts are such that they could serve as markers for a tomb holding many cremations, and that is how it should be. If we used Latin ego and interpreted .e.go as I that would contradict the fact archeology is finding several cremations in a tomb. Indeed one inscription makes reference to the collection of urns and objects Let remain, to the collection, to Oracles infinity.

http://www.paabo.ca/veneti/VENETICLANGUAGE.html

It suddenly seems to make sense what et arcadia ego means.

Edited by The Puzzler

If the dots in the OLB respresent sounds, we can start all over again with transliterating and translating, and the result would most probably unreadable gibberish, lol.

"Most often Rhea's symbol is a pair of lions, the ones that pulled her celestial chariot."

Hello, didn't the Nordic Freyja have a chariot pulled by cats??

FreyjaCatChariot(560x474).jpg

++++++++

EDIT:

Lol, I read too fast. You noticed the resemblence with Freyja too. But her name is spelled "Freyja", not Frya. That is OLB spelling, and the OLB Frya didn't have a chariot pulled by cats.

EDIT:

Cybele.jpg

Cybele, Or Rhea, a Greek and Roman divinity, daughter of Uranus or Ccelus and Ge or Terra, wife of Cronos or Saturn, and mother of the highest gods and goddesses. As Saturn insisted on devouring his children, the goddess mother, when she found herself pregnant with Zeus, proceeded, by the advice of her parents, to Lyctus in Crete, where she gave birth to her son. The moment the infant was born, certain pious youths of the neighborhood assembled round him with clashing arms and loud instruments of music, and drowned the child's cries, while his crafty mother hied away to offer her husband a stone wrapped up like a child. The stratagem was successful, and Saturn swallowed the stone. The infant was nursed by shepherd youths, whom Cybele rewarded by initiating them into the mysteries of her worship, and appointing them to be priests and ministers at her altars. Her worship, wherever established, was of the same Bacchanalian character. Her priests in Phrygia were called Corybantes; in Crete, Curetes; at Rome, Galli; but everywhere they must be both youths and eunuchs. Though this worship had prevailed from very early times in Greece and Asia, where it may be traced under various names in various countries, it was not introduced at Rome till the period of the second Punic war.

Then the image of Cybele or Rhea was brought from Pessinus in Galatia, a temple was raised to her on the Palatine hill, and the festival of the Megalesia was instituted in her honor by the Roman matrons. Cybele is usually represented seated on a throne, with a mural crown from which a veil is suspended. Crouching lions are frequently on the right and left of the throne, and occasionally she appears in a chariot drawn by lions.

http://chestofbooks.com/reference/American-Cyclopaedia-4/Cybele-Or-Rhea.html

Edited by Abramelin

How about those Veneti living in Scotland? Or at the coast of the Baltic? Or in Middle Europe?

Same meaning as Veneti in Armorica, Venetië in Italy ...

On top we have a understandable meaning of the word "Baltic" -> Valt-Yc

Veneti simpel means "Beneden" in Scytisch Celtisch.

Clearly sean in Venetië that is on de the verge of becoming even below sealevel.

Rest is fairy tale to me (17 different possible meanings if you look internet with pages of stories, except the ovbious meaning).

VenetiBalticum.jpg

Clearly sean in Venetië that is on de the verge of becoming even below sealevel.

Rest is fairy tale to me (17 different possible meanings if you look internet with pages of stories, except the ovbious meaning).

VenetiBalticum.jpg

No, there is no 'Scytish-Celtish' at all. You made that up.

And you evade the fact that there were "Veneti" in the north, So your "beneden" (= beneath) is nothing but... nothing at all, but wrong anyway.

The only "Unexplained Mystery" to me is that I waste my time reading and responding to your posts.

I feel like arguing with a five-years old kid.

Edited by Abramelin

No, there is no 'Scytish-Celtish' at all. You made that up.

And you evade the fact that there were "Veneti" in the north, So your "beneden" (= beneath) is nothing but... nothing at all, but wrong anyway.

The only "Unexplained Mystery" to me is that I waste my time reading and responding to your posts.

I feel like arguing with a five-years old kid.

Then don't please. I don't want to bother you. May be others can do something with it.

I fully understands what Alewyn says ;-)

I don't make up anything. Do you think I 'fabricated' those screen shots?

Why do you keep mirroring me with kids? Not very respectfull.

I agree: arguing leeds to nowhere.

Then don't please. I don't want to bother you. May be others can do something with it.

I fully understands what Alewyn says ;-)

I don't make up anything. Do you think I 'fabricated' those screen shots?

Why do you keep mirroring me with kids? Not very respectfull.

I agree: arguing leeds to nowhere.

No, you DO NOT understand Alewyn.

He wrote a book about the OLB, and added a new theory (an impacting comet tilting the earth's axis, and so on).

We - he and I - do not agree, but he is no idiot.

He is intelligent, and he has a creative mind, I will give him that.

But what you post it really truelly too stupid for words. It would make a 5 years old child feel ashamed.

And I know Alewyn is too polite to admit it, but I know what he feels about people posting tomes about words and 'etymology'.

Hi Puzzler;

Catal Huyuk shares the same/similar image of a woman seated between 2 lions or lioness or large cats at least;

http://www.catalhoyuk.com/history.html

cheers

But that is just MANY thousands of years apart.

Ok, well, women love cats.

I love them too. Well fried with peppers and potatoes.

And their fur will be my hat.

No, you DO NOT understand Alewyn.

He wrote a book about the OLB, and added a new theory (an impacting comet tilting the earth's axis, and so on).

We - he and I - do not agree, but he is no idiot.

He is intelligent, and he has a creative mind, I will give him that.

But what you post it really truelly too stupid for words. It would make a 5 years old child feel ashamed.

And I know Alewyn is too polite to admit it, but I know what he feels about people posting tomes about words and 'etymology'.

You're quite fast in judgement.

I mean to understand what he said about the way of commenting that is sometimes practiced.

About OLB, everybody has his thoughts about it and I'm not pretending to be able to look into one's mind.

What I post, you seem not able to grasp fully.

This is not something I invent, or some other 'crazy' etymologist, this is what scientists have been saying for about the time the classic etymology/history took shape.

To diminish my part in it: clearly not my invention, in this case it's written by Schrieck. Other cases Stevin, still other Van Gorp, still other to many to name.

If you think you can afford yourself to call their studies not worth more then childish gibberish, thanks for clearing this up -> people can take this in their perception of other posts :-)

Walk the talk and show how all other mythic etymology practised here in circles, gives the same short and simple word explanations as should be the case with 'original' language.

Swede, you and I have been discussing this Echo-Hawk in the Doggerland thread:

Scroll down this page:

http://www.unexplain...c=179840&st=375

And then this page:

http://www.unexplain...7

Abe - Yes, do recall those conversations. My intention in presenting the references again was so that Puzz would have an opportunity to source them.

As mentioned to Puzz, am not aware of the papers being available on-line, so one will have to utilize your local library/university to access them. If you have the chance to do so, you may find them to be an interesting read. You will likely find the rather complex/stringent methodologies suggested by the respective authors to be insightful in regards to the critical analytical approaches that can be applied to oral histories as they relate to the discernment of potentially factual data.

VenetiBalticum.jpg

These Venedi are known is Wenden, a West-Slavonic people, living in present Poland.

If the dots in the OLB respresent sounds, we can start all over again with transliterating and translating, and the result would most probably unreadable gibberish, lol.

"Most often Rhea's symbol is a pair of lions, the ones that pulled her celestial chariot."

Hello, didn't the Nordic Freyja have a chariot pulled by cats??

FreyjaCatChariot(560x474).jpg

++++++++

EDIT:

Lol, I read too fast. You noticed the resemblence with Freyja too. But her name is spelled "Freyja", not Frya. That is OLB spelling, and the OLB Frya didn't have a chariot pulled by cats.

EDIT:

Cybele.jpg

Cybele, Or Rhea, a Greek and Roman divinity, daughter of Uranus or Ccelus and Ge or Terra, wife of Cronos or Saturn, and mother of the highest gods and goddesses. As Saturn insisted on devouring his children, the goddess mother, when she found herself pregnant with Zeus, proceeded, by the advice of her parents, to Lyctus in Crete, where she gave birth to her son. The moment the infant was born, certain pious youths of the neighborhood assembled round him with clashing arms and loud instruments of music, and drowned the child's cries, while his crafty mother hied away to offer her husband a stone wrapped up like a child. The stratagem was successful, and Saturn swallowed the stone. The infant was nursed by shepherd youths, whom Cybele rewarded by initiating them into the mysteries of her worship, and appointing them to be priests and ministers at her altars. Her worship, wherever established, was of the same Bacchanalian character. Her priests in Phrygia were called Corybantes; in Crete, Curetes; at Rome, Galli; but everywhere they must be both youths and eunuchs. Though this worship had prevailed from very early times in Greece and Asia, where it may be traced under various names in various countries, it was not introduced at Rome till the period of the second Punic war.

Then the image of Cybele or Rhea was brought from Pessinus in Galatia, a temple was raised to her on the Palatine hill, and the festival of the Megalesia was instituted in her honor by the Roman matrons. Cybele is usually represented seated on a throne, with a mural crown from which a veil is suspended. Crouching lions are frequently on the right and left of the throne, and occasionally she appears in a chariot drawn by lions.

http://chestofbooks.com/reference/American-Cyclopaedia-4/Cybele-Or-Rhea.html

Yes, I meant Freya/Freyja, a bit late when I wrote that but Freya is more than likely some aspect of Frya. Strange the cats/lions or sometimes its jaguars or panthers, I've seen an array of feline sorts next to this mother - only ever a type of cat though - never any other sort of animal - Dionysus' chariot has the same - because he was bought up by Cybele.

Hi Puzzler;

Catal Huyuk shares the same/similar image of a woman seated between 2 lions or lioness or large cats at least;

http://www.catalhoyuk.com/history.html

cheers

Hi jules, yes, I have seen this before. The area is the same as in the myths so the myths could even be holding VERY old concepts imo.

I wanted to show this pic too - I couldn't find it on the internet so I've scanned it from The Minoan World by Arthur Cotterell, a most indepth book I own. The pics are from Crete and Arthur Evans seal drawings.

IMG_2599.JPG

They look a bit like dogs but are lions. The same concept - Mother Mountain with lions either side.

The Hittite Gate has lions, but so does the Mycenean, but the pillar there is interpreted as the Goddess so I'd expect a similar concept at the Hittite Lion Gate.

One other thing with that Lion Gate, the lions are on it in high relief, just as the animal heads pop out of the pillars at Gobekli Tepe.

Edited by The Puzzler

Abe - Yes, do recall those conversations. My intention in presenting the references again was so that Puzz would have an opportunity to source them.

As mentioned to Puzz, am not aware of the papers being available on-line, so one will have to utilize your local library/university to access them. If you have the chance to do so, you may find them to be an interesting read. You will likely find the rather complex/stringent methodologies suggested by the respective authors to be insightful in regards to the critical analytical approaches that can be applied to oral histories as they relate to the discernment of potentially factual data.

Yes, thanks Swede, my library is pretty good, I'll see what I can find.

These Venedi are known is Wenden, a West-Slavonic people, living in present Poland.

Interesting

Just snoring in old textbooks gives from same source again in some lines the occasionly right words (now Wind-Veneti) via Paphlagonia for God sake!

:-)

Don't shoot the messanger, only sharing ...

Wind.jpg

You're quite fast in judgement.

I mean to understand what he said about the way of commenting that is sometimes practiced.

About OLB, everybody has his thoughts about it and I'm not pretending to be able to look into one's mind.

What I post, you seem not able to grasp fully.

This is not something I invent, or some other 'crazy' etymologist, this is what scientists have been saying for about the time the classic etymology/history took shape.

To diminish my part in it: clearly not my invention, in this case it's written by Schrieck. Other cases Stevin, still other Van Gorp, still other to many to name.

If you think you can afford yourself to call their studies not worth more then childish gibberish, thanks for clearing this up -> people can take this in their perception of other posts :-)

Walk the talk and show how all other mythic etymology practised here in circles, gives the same short and simple word explanations as should be the case with 'original' language.

I am not fast at judgement, but I have read all of your posts from the moment you registered here.

Your 'sources' of wordplay are guys who had some really crazy ideas. Crazy ideas are not bad, but eventually these ideas were proven wrong.

Deal with that, or stay living in the past, dreaming ancient dreams.

The rest of us moved on, with or without you.

Edited by Abramelin

I am not fast at judgement, but I have read all of your posts from the moment you registered here.

Your 'sources' of wordplay are guys who had some really crazy ideas. Crazy ideas are not bad, but eventually these ideas were proven wrong.

Deal with that, or stay living in the past, dreaming ancient dreams.

The rest of us moved on, with or without you.

Fair enough, all is free to move or stay wherever he wants. I'm certainly not expecting anyone to go with me. There is only one way said the Levellers.

I'll just hang around if you don't mind :-) Dana (Marque)

Amber.jpg

Just as a side note:

He also writes that "It also appears that Homer's Greek contains a large number of loan words from western European languages, more often from Dutch rather than English, French or German."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Troy_Once_Stood

I keep harping on about this in the OLB language - the Greek etymologies are found in Dutch - not English or Frisian. Reading things will make the meanings different.

Just as a side note:

He also writes that "It also appears that Homer's Greek contains a large number of loan words from western European languages, more often from Dutch rather than English, French or German."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Troy_Once_Stood

I keep harping on about this in the OLB language - the Greek etymologies are found in Dutch - not English or Frisian. Reading things will make the meanings different.

Heh, and you know why he really thinks that? Because he uses the OLB as one of his sources.

Heh, and you know why he really thinks that? Because he uses the OLB as one of his sources.

I haven't read the book but I've read alot about it - is that really true Abe?

I haven't read the book but I've read alot about it - is that really true Abe?

It really is true. There are a couple of pages of his book online, and on one of those pages he does mention the OLB.

Or it was in a pdf/chapter I once got, on request. If you go to the site about his book, you can request for a chapter of the book through email.

I had an old copy of the book"Where Troy Once Stood" , but i lost it. crying.gif

I had an old copy of the book"Where Troy Once Stood" , but i lost it. crying.gif

I'd like to try and get a copy myself, just to read for interest.

It really is true. There are a couple of pages of his book online, and on one of those pages he does mention the OLB.

Or it was in a pdf/chapter I once got, on request. If you go to the site about his book, you can request for a chapter of the book through email.

OK, how about that, now I want to read it more than ever!

Do you have any idea about what you have lost?? I have seen people willing to pay many hundreds of dollars for an old copy!!

I am a book-lover myself, and I still remember I once lended someone a book about the ancient Hittite language, and I loved that book. I even forgot the name of the writer, but his name started with "Hr" or something (Czechoslovakian name??).

Never saw the guy I lent it to again, and I know how much that sucks.

For many people books are similar to toilet paper, but not to me.

Edited by Abramelin

I'd like to try and get a copy myself, just to read for interest.

OK, how about that, now I want to read it more than ever!

Puzz, I will check my emails. It must be in the pdf/link to a webpage I received from him (or 'them').

++++

EDIT:

I checked, and this is the link they sent me:

http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/trojan-war/trojan-war-0.htm

But I am a 100 % sure I read it online that Wilkens quoted from/mentioned the OLB.

Maybe that page is not online any longer.

EDIT:

Here's an old post by Flashbangwollap (a reply to "Tony"):

Without repeating the whole of the thread and so on... Wilkens tells us he has been studying the question of where Troy was located for 30 years. Not three as you or Alewyn has said.

Wilkens also quotes the OLB. However he also has mountains of other evidence and one of his key arguments is that people mess with texts to get there own way or that the real identity of various places is forgotten. Need I mention Henry VIII again or do you see my point? I think it's fair if we all take stock of what Otharus has asked to be done and then perhaps we can move on. But remember I've heard it said many times on here that the arguments put up by the skeptics are nothing in comparison to those who are professional academics - Historians.

Edited by Abramelin