Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

No worries Abe.

The last sentence in that link you added about the Azelian language said this:

The English and Dutch languages (including Frisian) are called coastal Germanic and that feature would be the result of the fact that the preceding local language was not Maglemosian like in Germany but Azelian.

http://www.proto-english.org/o2.html

Maurits Gysseling [1], a twentieth century Belgian linguist and professor, published a paper proposing a very ancient language for Holland and Belgium which was neither German nor Brythonic. He based his hypothesis upon the study of ancient place names in Holland and Belgium. Many other linguists speak about Italic features in the Dutch language, not so much in words but in the pronunciation of long vowels for instance. Several rivers in the Lowlands (e.g. ijzer, ijssel) seem to have names derived from the Azelian word 'izara'.

Such river names are also found in France (Isère, Oise and others). This made us suppose that an important Azelian language zone existed up to the shores of the North Sea.

That reminds of me of the Wilkens idea of Greek words in Dutch, this article says italic.

Also it seems that Fryans might have been Azelians...

The following is copied from:

"Negen Eeuwen Friesland-Holland ~ geschiedenis van een haat-liefde verhouding"

('nine centuries Friesland-Holland ~ history of a hate-love affair')

by Breuker & Janse (editors), published 1997 by the Fryske Akademy.

"Het ontstaan van het Fries en het Hollands"

('the emergence of the Frisian and the Dutch language')

by Rolf H. Bremmer jr.

Chapter 1 of "Hir is eskriven ~ lezen en schrijven in de Friese landen rond 1300" ('reading and writing in the Frisian lands ca. 1300'), by Rolf H. Bremmer jr. (Fryske Akademy, 2004).

Title: "Zoveel geschreven, zo weinig gebleven" ('so much written, so little saved')

Just for clarity, I'd like to add that I posted these two articles not because I fully agree with them, but because I think they are relevant for this discussion.

I intend to translate parts of them when I have prioritime, if no-one else does that.

No worries Abe.

The English and Dutch languages (including Frisian) are called coastal Germanic and that feature would be the result of the fact that the preceding local language was not Maglemosian like in Germany but Azelian.

http://www.proto-english.org/o2.html'>http://www.proto-english.org/o2.html

Maurits Gysseling [1], a twentieth century Belgian linguist and professor, published a paper proposing a very ancient language for Holland and Belgium which was neither German nor Brythonic. He based his hypothesis upon the study of ancient place names in Holland and Belgium. Many other linguists speak about Italic features in the Dutch language, not so much in words but in the pronunciation of long vowels for instance. Several rivers in the Lowlands (e.g. ijzer, ijssel) seem to have names derived from the Azelian word 'izara'.

Such river names are also found in France (Isère, Oise and others). This made us suppose that an important Azelian language zone existed up to the shores of the North Sea.

That reminds of me of the Wilkens idea of Greek words in Dutch, this article says italic.

Yes, that's what I have been talking about several times: the Northwest Block. But it is a controversial theory.

Just like the theory I quoted from in the Troy/Basque thread: http://www.proto-english.org

And it's also by a Belgian: Michael Goormachtigh.

+++

EDIT:

The Nordwestblock (English: "North-West Block"), is a hypothetical cultural region, that several 20th century scholars propose as a prehistoric culture, thought to be roughly bounded by the rivers Meuse, Elbe, Somme and Oise (the present-day Netherlands, Belgium, northern France and western Germany) and possibly the eastern part of England during the Bronze and Iron Ages (3rd to 1st millennia BC, up to the gradual onset of historical sources from the 1st century).

The theory was first proposed in 1962 by Rolf Hachmann, an historian, Georg Kossack, an archeologist, and Hans Kuhn, a linguist.[1] They continued the work of the Belgian linguist Maurits Gysseling, who got his inspiration from the Belgian archeologist Siegfried De Laet. Gysseling's original proposal included research that another language may have existed somewhere in between Germanic and Celtic in the Belgian (sic) region.

Concerning the language spoken by the Iron Age Nordwestblock population, Kuhn speculated on linguistic affinity to the Venetic language, other hypotheses connect the Northwestblock with the Raetic ("Tyrsenian") or generic Centum Indo-European (Illyrian, "Old European"). Gysseling suspected an intermediate Belgian language between Germanic and Celtic, that might have been affiliated to Italic. According to Luc van Durme, a Belgian linguist, toponymic evidence to a former Celtic presence in the Low Countries is near to utterly absent.[4] Kuhn noted that since Proto-Indo-European (PIE) /b/ was very rare, and since this PIE /b/, via Grimm's law, is the only source of regularly inherited /p/'s in words in Germanic languages, the many words with /p/'s which do occur must have some other language as source. Similarly, in Celtic, PIE /p/ disappeared and in regularly inherited words only reappeared in p-Celtic languages as a result of the rule that PIE *kʷ became proto-Celtic *p. All this taken together means that any word in p- in a Germanic language which is not evidently borrowed from either Latin or a p-Celtic language must be a loan, and these words Kuhn ascribes to the Nordwestblock language.

Linguist Peter Schrijver speculates on the reminiscent lexical and typological features of the region, from an unknown substrate whose linguistic influences may have influenced the historical development of the (Romance and Germanic) languages of the region. He assumes the pre-existence of pre-Indo-European languages linked to the archeological Linear Pottery culture and to a family of languages featuring complex verbs, of which the Northwest Caucasian languages might have been the sole survivors. Although assumed to have left traces within all other Indo-European languages as well, its influence would have been especially strong on Celtic languages originating north of the Alps and on the region including Belgium and the Rhineland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordwestblock

Edited by Abramelin

The origins of Old Germanic studies in the Low Countries - Kees Dekker, Cornelis Dekker

http://books.google.nl/books?id=sOV5_giY6ssC&hl=nl&source=gbs_book_other_versions

http://books.google.nl/books?id=sOV5_giY6ssC&pg=PA338&lpg=PA338&dq=The+origins+of+Old+Germanic+studies+in+the+Low+Countries+Door+Kees+Dekker,Cornelis+Dekker&source=bl&ots=vB8HCz2c7A&sig=P9kC4wFbglNzNL7V17tE68ZhQqI&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=_fNpT9GxAon0sga8pcCjCA&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

==

A companion to Anglo-Saxon literature - Phillip Pulsiano,Elaine M. Treharne

Chapter 20: Continental Germanic Influences - Rolf Bremmer, page 375

http://books.google.nl/books?id=szN7i9ypCNIC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=A+companion+to+Anglo-Saxon+literature+-+Phillip+Pulsiano,Elaine+M.+Treharne&source=bl&ots=KEYPXy_zmm&sig=dytx3N_4j5tShY0wdDXfV2PLpPA&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=BfdpT6GPIYOytAaizoiNCA&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=A%20companion%20to%20Anglo-Saxon%20literature%20-%20Phillip%20Pulsiano%2CElaine%20M.%20Treharne&f=false

==

Texts & contexts of the oldest Runic inscriptions - Tineke Looijenga

http://books.google.nl/books?id=-edm1fMPbXwC&pg=PA78&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=0_0#v=onepage&q&f=false

==

WHY OLD FRISIAN IS STILL QUITE OLD

ARJEN P. VERSLOOT

http://argyf.fryske-akademy.eu/files/Members/arjen/periodization.pdf

==

And I know many will like this, heh:

Language change and language structure: older Germanic languages in a ... - Toril Swan,Endre Mørck,Olaf Jansen Westvik

page 294

http://books.google.nl/books?id=nfU5YglHXvgC&pg=PA294&lpg=PA294&dq=vennemann+northwestblock&source=bl&ots=UxDLLyDzsP&sig=-PQE-JV--Jp4rTezo4hQW3un8Uc&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=7PdpT5XnIMXIswbh2f32Bw&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=vennemann%20northwestblock&f=false

post-18246-0-21666500-1332346538_thumb.j

Edited by Abramelin

Bought a book today so will be studying.

167groot.jpg

Frieslands oudheid. Het rijk van de Friese koningen, opkomst en ondergang

Halbertsma, H.

Uitgave in samenwerking met: Stichting Centrum Historische Instellingen

Wegens het vergevorderde jaargetijde moest de Angelsaksische bisschop Wilfried er van afzien zijn reis naar Rome meteen te vervolgen en daarom bracht hij met zijn reisgezellen de winter door aan het hof van de Friese koning Aldgisl. Deze stond hem toe het evangelie te verkondigen en dit sloeg zo aan dat hij bijna alle aanzienlijken tot de doop overhaalde. De rijke visvangst gedurende Wilfrieds optreden werd als een teken Gods opgevat en liet niet na de Friezen gunstig voor Wilfrieds prediking te stemmen.

Bovenstaand verhaal vertelt Herre Halbertsma in zijn studie over de lotgevallen van het Friese volk en zijn woongebied vanaf de prehistorie tot in de middeleeuwen. Het werk is vooral gebaseerd op geschreven bronnen, maar heeft een veel ruimer gebied dan alleen Friesland als kader.

Great, another lot of Dutch links and texts, and no foreigner (= non-Dutch) will bother to read them.

Did you even TRY to read my former post??

It should make you feel happy.

I am happy.

Thanks

have a good spring

lente = slowly, gently

For me it's just another day/period.

Bit warmer, yes.

No worries Abe.

http://www.proto-english.org/o2.html

And what should be the meaning of 'Isar' was I thinking out loud ...

For fun: Let's see what Scythe has to tell about it:

Of course, how could I forget:

Is (as from Is-Land) means island

Ar (as from Ar-d, Er-d) means earth, ground, sand

The Ijzer makes a big courbe around a piece of ground to quasi make it isola-ted (insula) like an island.

ISAR.jpg

But the link to Greek/Latin as being origine of this kind of language, is very troublesome.

The real story should be told as "Where are all of those 'ancient' Latin or Greek texts founded in Italy/Greece?"

Practically non existing when comparing to all those miraculously founded texts (all in late middleages) in French (sic!) and German (sic!) monasteries.

They where indeed copying (sic!) as Monks.

Don't let their eyes fall on our story, or they will make it their own of it :-) Because that's what they did and are doing still.

Latyn is the Ny-tal of the Babylonian speach confusion.

Derived from spoken Dietsch (broadly practised), but chopped and twisted.

Plus the fact that many tales and times are invented/duplicated makes that the history we are told is pretty longer than de real one.

Modern French/English is by this way Dietsch creoler :-) We all know that mannequin comes from manneken.

Three maps from "Frieslands Oudheid" by H. Halbertsma (2000)

1) page 16 ~ Frisia and surrounding peoples in Drusus' time (38-9 BC)

frisiadrusustime.jpg

Tribe name on map and possible alternative spelling

what would have been the meaning of the tribe-names?

Friezen - FRYAS (OLB)

Chauken - KAVCH?

Longobarden - 'LONGBEARDS'?

Chamaven - KAMAV?

Bructeren - BRVKTER?

Cherusken - KERVSK?

Sugambriërs - SVGAMBRI?

Sueben - SVÔBA (OLB)

Chatten - KATTEN (cats, lions; after coat of arms)?

2) page 28 ~ Living areas of indigenous tribes in Roman times

with:

a. supposed borders

b. borders of civitas with the newly founded capitals, where seat and governement of civitas was located

c. the 'limes' or Roman Emperial border

woongebieden.jpg

3) page 21 ~ Coastal area of North-Holland; left circa 300 BC, right Roman times (circa 0 AD)

kustgebiedNH.jpg

Edited by Otharus

Three maps from "Frieslands Oudheid" by H. Halbertsma (2000)

1) page 16 ~ Frisia and surrounding peoples in Drusus' time (38-9 BC)

frisiadrusustime.jpg

Tribe name on map and possible alternative spelling

what would have been the meaning of the tribe-names?

Friezen - FRYAS (OLB)

Chauken - KAVCH?

Longobarden - 'LONGBEARDS'?

Chamaven - KAMAV?

Bructeren - BRVKTER?

Cherusken - KERVSK?

Sugambriërs - SVGAMBRI?

Sueben - SVÔBA (OLB)

Chatten - KATTEN (cats, lions; after coat of arms)?

2) page 28 ~ Living areas of indigenous tribes in Roman times

with:

a. supposed borders

b. borders of civitas with the newly founded capitals, where seat and governement of civitas was located

c. the 'limes' or Roman Emperial border

woongebieden.jpg

3) page 21 ~ Coastal area of North-Holland; left circa 300 BC, right Roman times (circa 0 AD)

kustgebiedNH.jpg

I do not understand, why we get maps of Roman times. There are no Romans in the OLB whatsoever.

It is a complete misunderstanding to refer with Geertmanna to the Germans (thanks to Ottema and Wirth). The Geertmanna kept Frisian rule and customs. They actually were the Groningers, called after Carmania, neighbours of the Gedrostne in the Punjab area.

I do not understand, why we get maps of Roman times. There are no Romans in the OLB whatsoever.

It is a complete misunderstanding to refer with Geertmanna to the Germans (thanks to Ottema and Wirth). The Geertmanna kept Frisian rule and customs. They actually were the Groningers, called after Carmania, neighbours of the Gedrostne in the Punjab area.

There are Romans in the OLB, they are only called "people from Roma/Rum" :

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#ca ... and scroll down.

The problem with the role these 'Romans' played in the OLB is.... that the events described and in which they took part.... took place long after 600 BC:

From Sandbach's translation:

The Romans, moreover, live at enmity with the Phœnicians; and their priests, who wish to assume the sole government of the world, cannot bear the sight of the Gauls. First they took from the Phœnicians Marseilles—then all the countries lying to the south, the west, and the north, as well as the southern part of Britain—and they have always driven away the Phœnician priests, that is the Gauls, of whom thousands have sought refuge in North Britain.

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#ca

Edited by Abramelin

The problem with the role these 'Romans' played in the OLB is.... that the events described and in which they took part.... took place long after 600 BC

How do you know that the 'events' you quoted did not (also) take place in the time suggested in OLB?

How do you know that the 'events' you quoted did not (also) take place in the time suggested in OLB?

Because that is what official history tells us (based on archeology and Roman texts).

The Romans started battling the Phoenicians and their reign on the Med later than 600 BC.

Around 600 BC there wasn't much of a Roman dominancy in the Med.

They were by then just starting to build their 'civilization', and kicking out the Etruscans from northern Italy.

The battle about Massilia/Marseilles started centuries later:

http://www.sacklunch.net/biography/H/Hannibal.html

Edited by Abramelin

Right, I shoul be more specific. The OLB does not mention any activity of the Romans with regard to people living in the Gaulic and Germanic regions (inluding the Frisians and the occupation of Britannia). The only reference to the Romans are the Punic wars. In the OLB it all happened before the Romans passed the Alps, which Otharus seems not to understand. I just wonder, why the old Frisians did not claim the foundation of Rome as a Frisian city like they did with Athens.

I just wonder, why the old Frisians did not claim the foundation of Rome as a Frisian city like they did with Athens.

Simple.

Because they didn't.

This text contains a number of words (in blue colour), which I could not explain.

[MS 082] [p. 112-114]

TWA JЄR NЄIDAM KЄM ÐENE MAGY SELVA MIÐ EN FLATE FON LICHTE KANUM ÐA MODER FON TEXLAND ÆND ÐA FODDIK TO RAWANE - ÐAS ÆRGE SЄKE BISTOND ER ÐES NACHTIS ANDA WINTER BY STORNE TYDUM AS WIND GŮLDE ÆND HЄJEL TO JENST ÐA ANDЄRNA FЄTERE - ÐI UTKIK ÐЄR MЄNDE ÐÆT ER AWET HЄRDE STÆK SIN BALLE VP - ÐA DRЄI AS ET LJUCHT FON ЄR TORE VPPET ROND - DЄL FALDA SA -R ÐÆT AL FЄLO WЄPENDE MANNA WRA BURCHWAL WЄRON - NW GVNG ER TO VMBE ÐA KLOKKE TO LETTANE - ÐA ET WЄRE TO LЄT - ЄR ÐA WЄRE RЄD WЄRE WЄRON ALTWA ÐUSAND INA WЄR VMBE ÐA PORTE TO RAMMANDE - STRID HWILDE HЄRVMBE KIRT HWAND ÐRVCHDAM ÐA WЄRE NAVT NЄN GODE WACHT HALDEN N ЄDEN KЄMON ALLE OM - HWIL ÐÆT ALREK DROK TO KÆMPANE WЄRE WAS ÐЄREN WLA FIN TO ÐЄRE FLЄTE JEFTA BEDRUM FON ÐЄRE MODER INGLUPÐ AND WILDE HJA NЄDGJA - ÐA ÐJU MODER WЄRD IM OF ÐÆT ER BEKWARD TOJENST ÐA WACH STRUMPELDE ÐA -R WIÐER VPA BЄN WЄRE STEK ER SIN SWЄRD TO IR BUK IN - SEGSANDE NILST MIN KUL NAVT SA SKILST MIN SWERD HÆ - AFTER IM KЄM EN SKIPER FONA DЄNEMAR - KA ÐISSE NAM SIN SWЄRD ÆND HIF ÐENE FIN ÐRVCH SINA HOLE -ÐЄRUT FLAT SWART BLOD 1ÆND ÐЄRVR SWЄFDE -N BLAWE LONGHA -

258. Kwaad bloed zetten,258 d.w.z. aanleiding geven tot ongenoegen en wrok; eene zegswijze, die alleen verklaard kan worden door het geloof, dat kwaad bloed invloed heeft op iemands humeur, zijne gezindheid.1) Onder kwaad bloed zal men dan kunnen verstaan (zwart?) bloed, waarmede zich de gal vermengd heeft (vgl. zwartgallig); vgl. Westerbaen, Ock. 160: Oolijck bloed zetten; Tuinman I, 312: 't Zet geen goed bloed; Sewel, 987: Dat zal kwaad bloed zetten, that will breed ill blood; Janus, 31. Ook in het fr. se faire de mauvais sang; hd. böses Blut machen; eng. to breed ill or bad blood; in Zuidndl. (zich) kwaad bloed maken (of kweeken); De Bo, 150 a; Antw. Idiot. 255; Waasch Idiot. 379 b. [DBNL]

Edited by Knul

TO ÐЄRE FLЄTE JEFTA BEDRUM

ÆND ÐЄRVR SWЄFDE -N BLAWE LONGHA

1. Richthofen: "flet" = huis; 'flet' in German dialect ('Platduits') is the place where the beds are.

2. The manuscript has "LOGHA", not "LONGHA". Logha = flame ('tongue' of fire)

Edited by Otharus

1. Richthofen: "flet" = huis; 'flet' in German dialect ('Platduits') is the place where the beds are.

2. The manuscript has "LOGHA", not "LONGHA". Logha = flame ('tongue' of fire)

I like flet, but I would expect a synonym for bedroom because of the word jefta = of (or).

Logha is correct, but what would cause a blue flame from his brains ? His soul ?

Edited by Knul

Can you explain this?

What is a 'Ny-tal'?

Yes, i'll try my best. Maybe in relation with the text below from OLB: Gosa's Advice

"HERE IS THE WRITING WITH GOSA’S ADVICE.

When Wr-alda gave children to the mothers of mankind, he gave one language to every tongue and to all lips. This gift Wr-alda had bestowed upon men in order that by its means they might make known to each other what must be avoided and what must be followed to find salvation, and to hold salvation to all eternity. Wr-alda is wise and good, and all-foreseeing. As he knew that happiness and holiness would flee from the earth when wickedness could overcome virtue, he has attached to the language an equitable property. This property consists in this, that men can neither lie nor use deceitful words without stammering or blushing, by which means the innately bad are easily known.

As thus our language opens the way to happiness and blessedness, and thus helps to guard against evil inclinations, it is rightly named the language of the gods, and all those by whom it is held in honour derive honour from it. But what has happened? As soon as among our half brothers and sisters deceivers arose, who gave themselves out as servants of the good, it soon became otherwise. The deceitful priests and the malignant princes, who always clung together, wished to live according to their own inclinations, without regard to the laws of right. In their wickedness they went so far as to invent other languages, so that they might speak secretly in anybody’s presence of their wicked and unworthy affairs without betraying themselves by stammering, and without showing a blush upon their countenances. Bat what has that produced? Just as the seed of good herbs which has been sown by good men in the open day springs up from the ground, so time brings to light the evil seed which has been sown by wicked men in secret and in darkness.

The wanton girls and effeminate youths who consorted with the immoral priests and princes, taught the new language to their companions, and thus spread it among the people till God’s language was clean forgotten. Would you know what came of all this? how that stammering and blushing no longer betrayed their evil doings;—virtue passed away, wisdom and liberty followed; unity was lost, and quarrelling took its place; love flew away, and unchastity and envy met round their tables; and where previously justice reigned, now it is the sword. All are slaves—the subjects of their masters, envy, bad passions and covetousness. If they had only invented one language things might possibly have still gone on well; but they invented as many languages as there are states, so that one people can no more understand another people than a cow a dog, or a wolf a sheep. The mariners can bear witness to this. From all this it results that all the slave people look upon each other as strangers; and that as a punishment of their inconsiderateness and presumption, they must quarrel and fight till they are all destroyed.

"

Lat-in as the opposite twisted letters of Ni-tal, which means a 'new language' in Dietsch (ny tael). But so far was clear i think :-)

For me the true meaning behind this view is that the Latin/Greek/All other Babylonian languages are indeed new languages, and intentionaly brought to live to bring people in chaos by means of disrupting the words in use from their original meaning leaving a language with meaningless words and thus meaningless talks in the truth sense about the history of mankind.

Mostly done in late middleages by unpious Monks paid by the wicked rulers of the people (even now, even now people just believe what they are being told or what is written down by authority)

Like the name of their new language is a twisted and meaningless version with many childversions of the original commonly practised and meaningfull words, the reality it brings with it is also a 'twisted' and meaningless amalgaam of duplicated and twisted stories of the original common story.

An example: when you see that their is a meaning of the words Gaul (Ga-haal) and German (Guer-man) and that they both points to the same (conflict), next step is to consider that in fact where they were mentionned first as such (latin texts found late middleages) they do not have to be 2 seperated 'tribes', rather 2 latinised wordplays of meaningfull descriptions for a same event.

The same as we are talking french when children are not considered to follow our conversation, the inventors of Latin knew more about it's deceitfull compositions than their fellowman.

And said f.e. to the people that Aristoteles was an ancient sage from Greece. While in fact it was a contemporary and pedantic entity to give ancient background for a new and twisted worldvision. Many people have a clue about the impossible 'intellectual' but materialistic inspired truths coming from 'it', few have a clue that the name is pronounced as 'Erwisthetalles' (beter) and that this really makes sense as it says 'He knew it all, better than the rest' -> so better live according our sage's views and all that follows :-)

That's why we (first a small group) were learend in Latin in the beginning of the scolar system -> not that the 'priviliged' students did really learn about it, they just refrabicated as they were told. Because originals were not available.

From the moment language became printed en masse we couldn't learn en masse about our original language and history because they trowed Latin/Greek into our face as 'our histroy' what they tell us it is! lol

These (and their child languages) are the Babylonians languages in the age of 'Kali', the age of quarrel depending the veda's (het is geweten).

Kallen dat we doen! But we do not understand each other (understanding as vibrating all together as we did back then with all the common words).

Unless we attach again the guts to the words, meaning not talking about Liberty as Liber-ties (something where -tig books are being written) but the rebeluous spirit to break free from bondage (we have accomplished on material level, now on spiritual -> by means of the common 'sense', wat zin heeft het, the is-sens, dat maakt sense).