Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

If you put all the copies on your blog your blog will take forever to load.

I can upload a zip-file to a site that people can download from.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Tresoar will put the site back up again soon.

They may be doing a radical revision...

I can upload a zip-file to a site that people can download from.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Tresoar will put the site back up again soon.

They may be doing a radical revision...

A radical revision.... maybe to prevent hotlinking to the photos of the OLB to save bandwidth: http://altlab.com/hotlinking.html

The first one I have never seen, the second one I saw just today, when I was looking for other photos of the OLB, and it's here:

oppe003zola01ill76.gif

http://www.dbnl.org/tekst/oppe003zola01_01/oppe003zola01_01_0007.php

EDIT:

Someone posted the first image on his site:

http://oeralinda.webs.com/oeralindabook.htm

Lol, now who can that be, eh? Must be a new site by Tony Steele from the looks of it.

+++++

From what I have found online, I gather many Indonesians are also very interested in the OLB:

This is the cover of Overwijn's book I once posted, and look what they made of it:

oera-linda-book.jpg

https://indocropcircles.wordpress.com/2011/06/07/oera-linda-book/

Edited by Abramelin

Some interesting facts about the first English translator of the OLB, William Robertson Sandbach (c.1813-1891) West-India merchant from Liverpool.

Fragment of Sandbach genealogy

* = birth

+ = death

X = marriage

Stanthorne, Middlewich, Tarporley, Burton-by-Tarvin: Cheshire

Woodlands, Liverpool: Lancashire

Stafford, Stone: Staffordshire

==========================================

#I.1 William Sandbach, * ca. 1599 Stanthorne; + ca. 1662 Middlewich

X ca. 1657: Elizabeth Wharton

child:

1. Adam, * ca. 1650 Tarporley; + 25-08-1709 => #II.1

~ ~ ~

#II.1 Adam Sandbach (son of #I.1), * ca. 1650 Tarporley; + 25-08-1709

X ca. 1672: Deborah ...

child:

1. Adam, * ca. 1690 Tarporley; + 04-09-1740 Tarporley => #III.1

~ ~ ~

#III.1 Adam Sandbach (son of #II.2), wheelwright; * ca. 1690 Tarporley; + 04-09-1740 Tarporley

X(1) 14-06-1709 Tarporley: Mary Huxley, daughter of Richard Huxley & Katherine Hughes.

X(2) 13-03-1719 Tarporley: Elizabeth Hodgkinson

children (1):

1. Mary, * 18-06-1710 Tarporley, + before 1720

2. Elizabeth, * ca. 1716

3. Adam, * ca. 1716 Tarporley; + 13-05-1716 Tarporley

clidren (2):

4. Mary, + after 1800

5. Margaret, * 27-12-1725 Tarporley; + after 1739

6. John, * 25-12-1719 Tarporley; + 1796

7. Adam, * 01-09-1723 Tarporley; + 1783 Tarporley => #IV.1

8. William, * 26-02-1727 Tarporley; + 25-01-1804 Burton-by-Tarvin

9. Samuel, * ca. 1730

10. Joseph, * 02-04-1733 Tarporley

11. Sarah, * 23-09-1735 Tarporley; + after 1800

12. Daniel, * 19-03-1739 Tarporley

~ ~ ~

#IV.1 Adam Sandbach (son of #III.1), * 01-09-1723 Tarporley; + 1783 Tarporley

X(1) ca. 1747: Jane

X(2) 01-01-1752 Tarporley: Martha Oulton

X(3) 18-04-1775 Tarporley: Mary Maulton

child (1):

1. Catherine, * ca. 1747 Stone; X 30-04-1770 Stafford: Richard Snape (=>)

children (2):

2. Elizabeth, * 28-08-1753 Tarporley; + ca. 1800; X 22-08-1772, Tarporley: Samuel Wilkinson, son of Ann; + ca. 1800 (=>)

3. Margaret, * 09-03-1756 Tarporley; + 19-11-1854 Tarporley; X 18-10-1774 Tarporley: Samuel Cowap

4. Martha, * 28-12-1758 Tarporley, + 08 Oct 1759 Tarporley

5. Martha, * 01-01-1761 Tarporley

6. John, * 17-10-1762, Tarporley

7. Sarah, * 19-08-1764 Tarporley; X(1) William Ankers; X(2) ... Fargison (=>)

8. Mary, * 26-09-1766 Tarporley, + 29-12-1857

9. Samuel, * 19-08-1769 Tarporley, + 25-05-1851 Woodlands => #V.1

child (3):

10. Adam, * 19-07-1776, Tarporley; + after 1800

~ ~ ~

#V.1 Samuel Sandbach (son of #IV.1), West-India merchant; * 19-08-1769 Tarporley; + 25-05-1851 Woodlands

X 15-12-1802 Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland: Elizabeth Robertson, daughter of Harry Robertson (minister of parish of Kiltearn)

children:

1.Samuel James, * 1805; + 1817.

2. Elizabeth, * 1806; + 1881.

3. Margaret, * ca. 1812 Liverpool; + 1868; X 16-04-1833 Aigburth, Woodlands/Childwall: John Abraham Tinne, son of Philip Frederick Tinne (=>)

4. Henry Robertson, * 25-09-1807 Liverpool; + 10-06-1895 => #VI.1

5. William Robertson, * ca. 1813 Liverpool; + 25-09-1891; West-India merchant, translator "Oera Linda Book"; X(1) Sara M. Baroness Van Capellan; X(2) 09-05-1837, Toxteth Park, Liverpool: Hester Willink, "spinster of Walton on the Hill" (she was Dutch and helped him with translating OLB, she had a sister named Clara Willink)

6. Mary Rosina, * 28-05-1815 Liverpool; + 23-05-1882; X 07-07-1835 Liverpool: Henry Harrison, merchant Liverpool (=>)

7. Gilbert, * 11-01-1817 Liverpool; + 10-03-1882; Rector of Upper Sapey; X 1846 Margaret Maxwell, daughter of Archibald Maxwell => #VI.2

8. Samuel, * 03-07-1818; + 18-07-1849; X 1844 Anne Maxwell, daughter of Archibald Maxwell => #VI.3

9. Martha Tinne, * 1828; + 1898; X Robert Mcleod Eraser

10. Elizabeth, * 1828; + 1868

11. Julia Trail, * 1830; + 09-04-1890; X Harold Barkworth (=>)

12. Anne, * ca. 1804; + ca. 1890; X 26-05-1825 Aigburth, Liverpool: Charles Stuart Parker, merchant Liverpool (=>)

~ ~ ~

#VI.1

#VI.2

#VI.3

===================

About William R. Sandbach's parents and grandfather

Elizabeth Robertson (daughter of Dr Robertson of Kiltearn), born 14th December, 1782, the third of the "Three Fair Maids of Kiltearn", married at Glasgow by the Rev. Robert Balsom, 15th December, 1802, to Samuel Sandbach, Esq. of Woodlands, Aigburth, near Liverpool, J. P. for county Lancashire.

He was a West India merchant, and realised a fortune as a partner of the firm of Sandbach, Tinne, & Co. He served the offices of Bailiff, Coroner, and Mayor for the Borough of Liverpool, and also as High Sheriff of Denbighshire in 1839.

(more on http://www.archive.org/stream/genealogyoffamil00doug/genealogyoffamil00doug_djvu.txt )

Dr Harry ROBERTSON, (...) published a book of Discourses in 1779, also the Scotch Minister's Assistant, 1802. In November, 1802, he was made a Doctor of Divinity by Marischal College, Aberdeen. Dr Harry ROBERTSON had three daughters who lived to grow up, known as "The Three Fair Maids of Kiltearn". Anne, the eldest, born 1778 ; died 1854. She did not marry ; she was an interesting letter writer, and one of her letters was judged worthy of appearing in the late Charles Fraser MACKINTOSH'S Letters of Two Centuries. Christian, the second daughter, married, firstly, James WATSON of Crantil ; secondly, Dr Thomas Stewart TRAILL of Tirlot. The third, Elizabeth, married Samuel SANDBACH, as above.

( http://archive.org/stream/pedigreeregister03sociuoft/pedigreeregister03sociuoft_djvu.txt )

Some interesting facts about the first English translator of the OLB, William Robertson Sandbach (c.1813-1891) West-India merchant from Liverpool

sandbachnymph.jpg

Nymph and Cupid.marble. 152.2 cm. National Museums & Galleries of Wales

Gibson records that he 'spent most of the winter of 1859 modeling a group representing what I saw in the street a few years ago, when I made a sketch of the action - a girl of about fourteen throwing up a child and kissing it. This clay model occupied me for three months. The spontaneous expression of affection witnessed by Gibson has been transformed into a group with an elegant restraint appropriate to a Nymph and Cupid of the classical world. This piece was carved for William Robertson Sandbach of Hafodunnos Hall near Abergele. Another version was bought by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VII, who visited Gibson's Roman studio in 1859 and 1862.

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=swwyang&logNo=100012975636&parentCategoryNo=12&viewDate=&currentPage=1&listtype=0

Edited by Otharus

So Sandbach's familiy history included sailing the seas as merchants, and he himself had a thing or two with 'pure women'.

That is interesting indeed.

The list gets longer every month.

Edited by Abramelin

William Robertson Sandbach, * ca. 1813 Liverpool; + 25-09-1891; West-India merchant, translator "Oera Linda Book"; X(1) Sara M. Baroness Van Capellan; X(2) 09-05-1837, Toxteth Park, Liverpool: Hester Willink, "spinster of Walton on the Hill" (she was Dutch and helped him with translating OLB, she had a sister named Clara Willink)

Did you notice that he first married a baroness, ander later, at age (ca.) 24 a 'spinster' (ca. 40 years or older)?

And isn't 'Willink' (Dutch) nobility too?

West-Europese adel » Johan Willink (1560-1636)

http://www.genealogieonline.nl/west-europese-adel/I1073830836.php

Did you notice that he first married a baroness, ander later, at age (ca.) 24 a 'spinster' (ca. 40 years or older)?

And isn't 'Willink' (Dutch) nobility too?

West-Europese adel » Johan Willink (1560-1636)

http://www.genealogieonline.nl/west-europese-adel/I1073830836.php

Now you mention it, yes.

And the only famous Willink I know of is Carel Willink, the painter.

It's back online.

Did they tell you what had happened to the site?

It's getter even better.

Sandbach's mother (Elizabeth Robertson) was from a old Scottish family of ministers/ theologians.

robertson1.jpg

http://digital.nls.uk/dc23/7670/76701386.pdf

robertson2.jpg

http://books.google.nl/books?id=F_4GAAAAQAAJ&lpg=PA77&ots=UNYQs-JK65&dq=gilbert%20robertson%20kindeace&hl=nl&pg=PA78#v=onepage&q&f=false

Origin of the Name Robertson

In 1437 the chief Robert Riach (grizzled) captured Sir Robert Graham who, with others, had just murdered the King James I at Perth. In reward James II gave Robert a charter in which all of his lands were made into a feudal barony giving him administrative control over them.

The barony was called Struan and the chief was henceforth known as Robertson (from this Robert) of Struan

http://www.donnachaidh.com/

It's getter even better.

Sandbach's mother (Elizabeth Robertson) was from a old Scottish family of ministers/ theologians.

Like Haverschmidt and Halbertsma... not the Scottish part of course.

What's the matter with you?

Like Haverschmidt and Halbertsma... not the Scottish part of course.

What's the matter with you?

I was bored.

But I thought it's interesting to know Sandbach a bit better.

Didn't someone once say that the psychology of the supposed people 'behind' the OLB is at least as interesting as the manuscript itself? I would add the translators and researchers to that.

I read some more about Hettema today, but I need a good long break.

:hmm:

Very odd indeed.

I'll ask Tresoar.

Maybe Knul knows.

He's been queit lately.

Now I'm glad to have copied all pages in high-res colour to my hard disk!

You should have a look at my renewed website: www.rodinbook.nl .

:alien: Heard theres supposably gonna be another flood coming punishing all of those who killed, rpaed, racists, etc

Yeah, I guess you mean this:

Do we have scaremongers here in the Netherlands? Yes, we have.

If you believe in the next 'prophecy' and you happen to live near the coasts of the North Sea, start packing...

(Btw, I found this blog while searching for that paper where they claimed to have found proof for 3 tsunamis between 8000 and 1500 BP)

Hold on to something (and imagine the voice of Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction, lol):

Intro:

Why Holland Tsunami?

Everybody who has written a message on this blog and those whose words are recorded, believe in the coming disaster upon The Netherlands. We believe that we, as watchmen, should warn the people about what is coming! This is also in accordance to scripture.

http://hollandtsunami.blogspot.com/p/why-holland-tsunami.html

This is where they quote from that paper I was looking for:

http://hollandtsunami.blogspot.com/2011/05/devastating-tsunami-in-north-sea-is.html

December 30, 2010

ENG 2010. Robert received a word on the Holland judgments. 2010

Aalten, 23rd of October 2010: Robert Seales received a word on the judgments of Netherlands [11.00-11.35 pm]. Watchmen Ministries watchmen_min@hotmail.com.[Watchmen Ministries is by no means connected to the several ministries and individuals who placed posts on this blog]

“They shall cry on the housetops, on the roofs of their buildings they shall scream. They shall be terrified and they shall be horrified. They shall panic, and scream with fear and run for their lives. They shall run to and fro, not knowing wither to go. A great tempest shall overcome them like a

mighty rushing wind, and you shall watch from afar and gaze upon the terrible waters as they come.

My judgments shall swallow up the great cities of the West. They shall fall; never to rise again. The cities in the plains shall be overtaken, overwhelmed in My wrath.

I am coming with a great sword to smite this nation as never before and My sword shall be bathed in blood. From the North unto the South, from the West unto the borders of the East, the slain of the Lord shall number in their millions.

And this nation, the Netherlands, shall be pitifully low. It shall be no more. It shall lay in ruins, drenched in My wrath and in My anger. The stench of its sin has reached up to My nostrils. Its iniquity is unpardonable. It is a stain and a blot of unrighteousness of such a magnitude, I will no longer forbear. It is enough! It is enough! The reign of My terror shall surely fall on this nation.

I will strike the landscape; I will strike the beasts and the cattle. I will smite the pigs and the fowls.They shall be smitten by the millions; they shall be no more. I will smite the trees and the meadows; the highways and the byways shall be swallowed up in My wrath.

My anger is sufficient to destroy them all. And their carcasses shall be a witness against this nation, both man and beast, young and old, and their death and destruction shall testify against this nation for its sin is great and its abominations overflow. Even the tallest structures shall fail them in that day of their calamity. My finger is poised to strike. Declare My warning, for time is running out for this nation. My decree for the utter destruction of the Netherlands is sure and steadfast and nothing shall prevent Me from executing My judgments. They that think they can turn My Hand are in utter delusion and deception.The sword of My wrath is poised over the Netherlands to strike it very soon and few there are who will understand and comprehend what I am about to do.

The nations shall tremble when they see and behold the catastrophe; their faces shall be pale through fear and concern. They shall lament and wail and cry and none shall help them.

The Lord is saying: flee from the West to the East; urgently flee. Gather your belongings, do not look back and flee for your lives, for the watery grave that will overwhelm this nation is at hand!

The matter is urgent. The situation is exceedingly serious, and the sword of My wrath is poised to strike. Flee to the higher ground. Flee to the mountains. Not one of you should stay behind. The signs are in evidence that My wrath will not wait much longer. It is a lie and a deception to think you can stay and survive. You must flee for your lives!

I hear their cries from the rooftops. Their screams, their panic stricken yells and screams. They are with fear. Their clothes are torn and tattered. They sit, stand on the rooftops, groaning and moaning and none, none shall come to help them.

I will overwhelm this country from one end to the other. I will make a full end of this place. Not one tree shall stand. Thus saith the Lord of Hosts. My decree has gone forth. The time is at hand.

See Me strike terror and horror in the hearts of this blasphemous country. They know no shame. They have heaped abominations upon abominations; they know no shame. They scorn Me. They ridicule My Holy Name. They blaspheme the worthy Name by Which I am called. They do not know Me, neither am I known of them.

A great evil has overcome this place. Thus My judgment is sure. I will have no mercy and pity anymore. This is My final word, My final warning. And this is but one nation among many that will experience My sharp sword of wrath and judgment. These disgusting cities will be no more. I am angry with this nation. They should know better. They do not even acknowledge My blessings. They are stiffnecked, hardhearted, wretched people. It is enough! No more will I forbear.

Make haste while there is yet time.

http://hollandtsunami.blogspot.com/2010/12/eng-robert-received-word-on-judgments.html

Alas, most of the rest of the blog is in Dutch.

EDIT:

Correction: if you look at the left sidebar on that blog, you will see the translations of the articles ("ENG").

These are first class delusional idiots.

You should have a look at my renewed website: www.rodinbook.nl .

Looks much better, well done.

I saw something you might want to reconsider.

"Neem nimmer kniebuigende van uw naaste dank aan, deze behoort aan Wralda's geest."

=> never kneel when you accept thanks

What makes more sense: that the one who thanks kneels, or the one who receives thanks?

It's the one that thanks who kneels, not the one who accepts it.

Therefore I think it should be:

"Neem nimmer kniebuigende-dank van uw naaste aan, ..."

=> never accept "kneeling thanks"

=> be modest in accepting thanks from your friends when you have helped them, don't let them kneel or otherwise exaggerate

The good think of an online translation is, that you can keep improving it.

You should have a look at my renewed website: www.rodinbook.nl.

"Niemand, zei hij, is bij machte om alle mensen tevreden te maken en gelijk geluk te geven; maar het is de plicht van iedereen om de mensen zo tevreden te maken en zoveel genoegen te geven als te bereiken is."

You have translated MÉT.RIK with "tevreden". Is that your interpretation?

Hettema (1874): meetryck, metrike = "aeqau dives, ejusdem conditionis" = "even rijk, van gelijken stand" = evenly rich, of the same class/ rank/ social position/ caste

Köbler (online): met-rik-e = "gleichmässig reich" = evenly rich

Edited by Otharus

The only modern Dutch word that comes close is "matig", meaning 'modest'.

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/trefwoord/matig1

And "Maatrijk" appears to be a Dutch family name. I tried to google it's meaning, but haven't found anything yet.

Of course there is the Dutch word "metriek", but that has no connection at all with anything in that sentence. It is just written very similar but means something totally different: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/metric

Edited by Abramelin

Isn't it fascinating that a word that once existed has totally disappeared?

We don't even have a simple word anymore for equally wealthy, or do we?

Not in Dutch, not in English, not in German, not in Frisian.

I wonder if there's any culture left that has a simple word for it.

Maybe the Aboriginal, or the Papua.

We have been alienated from the concept.

We have been programmed to believe that it is normal, that less than 1% of the people have more than 99% of wealth and pleasures.

I said it before:

Language can be a political tool to unite or separate people.

Words can be talismanic.

It may have been a conscious decision to no longer include it in dictionaries and to let it be forgotten.

MÉTRIK = evenly rich, equally wealthy

~ ~ ~

Don't worry, Abe.

I don't think it's a 'conspiracy'.

Or if it is, it's one that has lasted for a few thousands of years.

Some things happen 'automatically'.

LOL

Edited by Otharus

The only modern Dutch word that comes close is "matig", meaning 'modest'.

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/trefwoord/matig1

And "Maatrijk" appears to be a Dutch family name. I tried to google it's meaning, but haven't found anything yet.

Of course there is the Dutch word "metriek", but that has no connection at all with anything in that sentence. It is just written very similar but means something totally different: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/metric

We replaced the word with 'modaal' (Jan Modaal).

We replaced the word with 'modaal' (Jan Modaal).

That's from Latin.

Looks much better, well done.

I saw something you might want to reconsider.

"Neem nimmer kniebuigende van uw naaste dank aan, deze behoort aan Wralda's geest."

=> never kneel when you accept thanks

What makes more sense: that the one who thanks kneels, or the one who receives thanks?

It's the one that thanks who kneels, not the one who accepts it.

Therefore I think it should be:

"Neem nimmer kniebuigende-dank van uw naaste aan, ..."

=> never accept "kneeling thanks"

=> be modest in accepting thanks from your friends when you have helped them, don't let them kneel or otherwise exaggerate

The good think of an online translation is, that you can keep improving it.

I am not sure. The idea is, that one should only bow for Wralda, not for anyone else. s. Letterkundige Verlustingen p. 363 http://books.google.nl/books?id=QcMAAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA363&lpg=PA363&dq=%22kniebuigend%22&source=bl&ots=vx6vKkXNz9&sig=srQEY_W5G97db9Asia8RdUcEPVs&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=XAmbT81Djp862IfY-wE&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=%22kniebuigend%22&f=false .

Edited by Knul

Isn't it fascinating that a word that once existed has totally disappeared?

We don't even have a simple word anymore for equally wealthy, or do we?

Not in Dutch, not in English, not in German, not in Frisian.

I wonder if there's any culture left that has a simple word for it.

Maybe the Aboriginal, or the Papua.

We have been alienated from the concept.

We have been programmed to believe that it is normal, that less than 1% of the people have more than 99% of wealth and pleasures.

I said it before:

Language can be a political tool to unite or separate people.

Words can be talismanic.

It may have been a conscious decision to no longer include it in dictionaries and to let it be forgotten.

MÉTRIK = evenly rich, equally wealthy

~ ~ ~

Don't worry, Abe.

I don't think it's a 'conspiracy'.

Or if it is, it's one that has lasted for a few thousands of years.

Some things happen 'automatically'.

LOL

Maybe we Dutch did have a word for it, but it changed meaning after centuries.

We have a word now, "wreed", which means 'cruel' in English.

But nowadays Dutch youngsters use it when they talk about something 'cool'.