Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

And what part of "considering there is nothing to support that claim" did you NOT understand? Saying something is true, just because you say it is, does not make it true. That's the point. If you don't want to discuss genetics, fine, stop using it in a failed attempt to substantiate something it doesn't. Something of which you've done, repeatedly.

cormac

You annoy me no end.

See my above post - which part of EUROPEANS CROSSED INTO NORTH AFRICA don't you get?

I don't care if it was 15,000BC or 8,000BC - my only point is that the knowledge of the Europeans went into Libya with some people and went on to be spread around the world by the priests of Egypt. The same thought was kept by the Sami.

The ra cows, the sun cows, the Sun, Ra, Helios. Santa....helllooooo

It's so obvious it makes me cry trying to convince any of you. I don't care anyway, I'm over it. That's what I reckon, whether any proof can be pulled out of the magic hats, who knows....?

I've got to go.

the identification of U5b1b now unequivocally

links the maternal gene pool of the ancestral

Berbers to the same refuge area and indicates that

European hunter-gatherers also moved toward the

south and, by crossing the Strait of Gibraltar, contributed

their U5b1b, H1, H3, and V mtDNAs to modern

North Africans

versus

Alessandro Achilli and colleagues noted that the Sami and the Berbers share U5b1b, which they estimated at 9,000 years old, and argued that this provides evidence for a radiation of the haplogroup from the Franco-Cantabrian refuge area of southwestern Europe

The difference between the two is what you are not understanding. The 'Achilli' quote attempts to show that U5b1b originated from the Franco-Cantabrian refuge, spreading out from there, while the more recent study shows that U5b1b DID NOT originate from there but only contributed to the mtDNA pool. It's not my fault if you don't understand the difference. And no, I don't lie in wait, ready to ambush you. We've been over this several times before, so I have to assume you walk into it knowing you're wrong, but pretending otherwise.

cormac

versus

The difference between the two is what you are not understanding. The 'Achilli' quote attempts to show that U5b1b originated from the Franco-Cantabrian refuge, spreading out from there, while the more recent study shows that U5b1b DID NOT originate from there but only contributed to the mtDNA pool. It's not my fault if you don't understand the difference. And no, I don't lie in wait, ready to ambush you. We've been over this several times before, so I have to assume you walk into it knowing you're wrong, but pretending otherwise.

cormac

It's OK, the times are changing, people are becoming more aware of the connections between the ancient Sami and the Berber...

A book: "Lapps and Labyrinths: Saami Prehistory, Colonization, and Cultural Resilience" (2010) by Noel D. Broadbent with contributions by Jan Stora.

Labyrinten%2Bp%25C3%25A5%2BHolmen%2BGr%25C3%25A5%2Bi%2Bn%25C3%25A6rheten%2Bav%2BKirkenes.%2BArkitektguide%2Bfor%2BNord-Norge%2Bog%2BSvalbard%252C%2Bhttp%2Blenken...%2BFoto%2Bav%2BInger%2BHelen%2BUnstad.%2BBrukt%2Bmed%2Btillatelse..jpg

The genetic connection of U5b1b [marker 309 C] is about 9000 years old and is shared between Saami from Scandinavia, Italians, Spanish, Amazigh, Yakut man from Siberia and Fulbe (Fulani) from Senegal.

From this site: Prehistoric Genetic Link of the Amazigh and Saami - Førhistorisk genetisk forbindelse mellom Amazighfolket og Samene

http://saamiblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/prehistoric-genetic-link-of-amazigh-and.html

Back later.

Edited by The Puzzler

The genetic connection of U5b1b [marker 309 C] is about 9000 years old and is shared between Saami from Scandinavia, Italians, Spanish, Amazigh, Yakut man from Siberia and Fulbe (Fulani) from Senegal.

True, and we've already been over this several times before. You appeared to understand it at the end, the last time this came around. What happened to that understanding between then and now, I don't know. But evidently you didn't retain it, sorry. And no matter how many times you use the term "Sami gene", it's still an invalid term with no real meaning.

cormac

The ra cows, the sun cows, the Sun, Ra, Helios. Santa....helllooooo

It's so obvious it makes me cry trying to convince any of you. I don't care anyway, I'm over it. That's what I reckon, whether any proof can be pulled out of the magic hats, who knows....?

I've got to go.

LOL, now I have to say too: we have been over that, those "ra cows".

OK, I'll dig up what we all have said about that particular sentence (once you thought it were 'red cows'.

You know what we really need here? That is a photocopy of every page of the original manuscript, and then as accurately as possible translate (transliterate??) every letter of the 'running script' into Latin script. No interpretations, just put the text in Latin as exactly as we can following the Jule wheel thing.

[EDIT: and here they are, http://www.oeralindaboek.nl/boek/index.html , as far as I know, every page of the rriginal is there ]

And then we can see if it's true whether Ottema got some letter wrong. If you look at the original script it is not that strange that someone (f.i Ottema and Jensma) missed a stroke or point or what have we.

I won't have to because that is not what I said.

In the sentence about the cows with golden horns you will see two times the word 'ra', right? No, it's not, actually you will see 'râ ' and ' ra '. Well, that is what I saw in either Ottema's or Overwijn's version.

And this is not just my opinion, but when this thread started I came upon a site that said that Ottema had made some errors when transliterating the OLB letters into Latin letters. An example could be that râ and ra thing.

"Râ" doesn't show up anywhere else as a separate word, and no doubt someone did see the difference with "Ra", and must have wondered how to translate this word, and guessed it was short for "râda" = Red.

But like I said, red is always "râda" or "râd" or "râde" in the OLB, never ever "râ".

So to me the "râ" word is nothing but a personal pronoun, something like 'to them'.

And "ky" is cows = koeien (in Dutch).

I have also posted the etymology of the word "ky", and it's plural for 'cu' (with a horizontal line on top if the -u-.

In Anglo Saxon:

singular /cow is "cu" like the (old) Dutch "koe" ( 'koe' is pronounced like "koo")

plural /cows is "cy" like the Old Dutch "koei" ( 'koei' is pronounced like "koo-ee")

(The modern Dutch plural for cows is a double plural, "koeien". Or in 19th century spelling, "koeijen".)

If I am still being cryptic in your ears, then I don't know how else to explain it.

We discussed those damn cows on THIS PAGE and before, and you kept coming up with the most ridiculous translations.

And now we are back to Ra Cows again....

OLB_cowswithgoldenhorns.jpg

thâ nam_er tha skênsta sinar finna änd mag_

yara.vrlovande ra ky mith golden horna sa

hja_ra thrvch vs folk fata dêdon.äfterdam.

sina lêr vtbrêda. men sin ljuda dêdon

A literal tranlation into Dutch:

Daar/Dan nam hij de schoonste zijner Finnen en Mag-

yaren, belovende hen koeien met gulden hoorns.

..and so on.

There/Then he took the most beautifull of his Fins and Mag-

yars, promising them cows with golden horns.

...and so on.

Edited by Abramelin

Abe, check out the Sami shawl...

3941172076_2182bb69fb_m.jpg

6 spoked wheels. Then you have Radien-Attje, who I say is Wralda.

Radien-attje, Jubmel, Vearalden Olmai or Waralden Olmai is the superior or celestial deity of the Sami is called Jubmel or Ibmel, a parallel to the Finnish Jumala (God).

The superior deity is the ruler of the Cosmos. In his honour, the Sami erected a sacrificial pole every autumn, symbolizing the world-pillar, which was considered as a connection the World to the firmament. The pillar reached from the centre of the Earth to the fix point on the firmament - the Pole star. The superior deity was also the giver of life and was considered the god of fertility.

Radien-attje is often portrayed as the main figure in a Trinity, which besides him, consists by the Raedieahkka or Radien-akka (Maadteraahka, the superior mother) and their son Radien-pardne. There are critics who claim, that this Trinity is a consequence of the meeting with the Christian religion, and that it is a match to the God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. If this is the case, it is interesting, that the Sami have replaced the Holy Spirit with a wife. In some versions the heavenly family also include the daughter Rana Niejta. As superior deity, Radien-attje is more of an intellectual superior, as his son, Radien-pardne, performs the practical things.

Interesting alright.

Petroglyphs and archeological findings such as settlements dating from about 10,000 B.C. can be found in the traditional lands of the Sami. The now obsolete term for the archaeological culture of these hunters and gatherers of the late Paleolithic and early Mesolithic is Komsa. A cultural continuity between these stone age people and the Sami can be assumed due to evidence such as the similarities in the decoration patterns of archeological bone objects and Sami decoration patterns, and there is no archeological evidence of this population being replaced by another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people

The Sami go straight on from the Komsa Culture. They are the originals.

The OLB says also that the local women were often taken to produce children, who would follow the ways of the Magyar.

In more recent years the use of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and Y-DNA chromosomal markers has offered the opportunity for clarification of the origin of the Sami. While their mtDNA haplogroup distribution mainly represents a subset of the European gene-pool, the most common Y-DNA haplogroup among the Sami is of Asian origin. However the second most common haplogroup is I, which is found almost exclusively among those of European ancestry. Thus the Sami appear to have a complex population history, suggesting a mixture of peoples arriving in Fenno-Scandia at different times, from different directions. Their most common physical appearance is northern European with blond hair and blue eyes like Finns or Scandinavians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_genetics_of_the_Sami

One group who also share a haplogroup with the Sami are the Yakuts...

Yakuts originally migrated from Olkhon and the region of Lake Baikal to the basins of the Middle Lena, the Aldan and Vilyuy rivers, where they mixed with other northern indigenous peoples of Russia such as the Evens and Evenks.

The northern Yakuts were largely hunters, fishermen and reindeer herders, while the southern Yakut raised cattle and horses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakuts

Olkhon has a dramatic combination of terrain and is rich in archeological landmarks. Steep mountains line its eastern shore, and at 1,276 metres (4,186 ft) above sea level, Mount Zhima is the highest point on the island, peaking at 818 metres (2,684 ft) above the water level of Lake Baikal. The island is large enough to have its own lakes, and features a combination of taiga, steppe and even a small desert. A deep strait separates the island from the land.

The island's appearance is a result of millions of years of tectonic movement resulting in the hollowing of the channel between the land (Small Sea Strait) and the block of stone forming the island. The steep slopes of the mountains show the vertical heave of the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olkhon

Sounds a good place for a large flood to me. Anyway, these people look like Asiatic Turks and it's my guess their commonality with the Sami is significant, their looks resemble the Asiatic looking Sami as well.

I was studying the map last night for ages, around Russia and the steppes, it wouldn't take much for these migrating nomadic people to be crossing paths thousands of years ago in the steppe lands, from Siberia to Scandinavia and all through the Arctic in their boats, fishing and reindeer herding.

What cormac didn't get imo, was that I don't care when or where the spot is the radiation came out from, the groups are the same, they have some point of origin in time, that they were intermingled or had contact or came out of them, however they are connected, it's not the point, it's not even the point whether it was 18,000 or 8,000 years ago. With all those people who share that idealism of Northern Europe and by that I don't just mean Scandinavia but all of Northern Europe inc. Poland and Western Russia into the steppes. They might have even built Gobekli Tepe in Turkey. The Magi claim to have knowledge of thousands of thousands of years, they are also responsible for Christianity.

The perhaps oldest surviving reference to the magi from Greek μάγος (mágos, plural: magoi) is from 6th century BC Heraclitus (apud Clemens Protrepticus 12), who curses the magi for their "impious" rites and rituals.

It's also possible there were 2 types of Magi....

Better preserved are the descriptions of the mid-5th century BC Herodotus, who in his portrayal of the Iranian expatriates living in Asia minor uses the term "magi" in two different senses. In the first sense (Histories 1.101), Herodotus speaks of the magi as one of the tribes/peoples (ethnous) of the Medes. In another sense (1.132), Herodotus uses the term "magi" to generically refer to a "sacerdotal caste", but "whose ethnic origin is never again so much as mentioned."[1] According to Robert Charles Zaehner, in other accounts, "we hear of Magi not only in Persia, Parthia, Bactria, Chorasmia, Aria, Media, and among the Sakas, but also in non-Iranian lands like Samaria, Ethiopia, and Egypt. Their influence was also widespread throughout Asia Minor. It is, therefore, quite likely that the sacerdotal caste of the Magi was distinct from the Median tribe of the same name."

Note also, one type, was associated with Medes, a tribe said to come from Colchis, Medea, if so as I said earlier, a colony from Egypt, of Ra - Amun - a kind of Heliopolis. Then the Medes would consist of Egyptian ancestral priests, as the Magi. These people were known also as Aryans.

The sacerdotal class would be the priestly Magi.

Zoroaster is said to be the founder of magic.

The Star of Bethlehem is imo most likely to have been a comet.'

Other writers suggest that the star was a comet.[34] Halley's Comet was visible in 12 BC and another object, possibly a comet or nova, was seen by Chinese and Korean stargazers in about 5 BC.[34][38] This object was observed for over seventy days with no movement recorded.[34] Ancient writers described comets as "hanging over" specific cities, just as the Star of Bethlehem was said to have "stood over" the "place" where Jesus was (the town of Bethlehem).[39] However, this is generally thought unlikely as in ancient times comets were generally seen as bad omens.

In the fresco by Giotto di Bondone, it is depicted as a comet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Bethlehem

It would have been a bad omen for the Romans, who else, no one, it was only a bad omen later on. It also seems it was something that happened only occasionally.

Here is a Magyar breastplate synonymous with a Sami idea...the Tree of Life.

108px-Hungarian_tresure_Galgoci.jpg

This says, the Andronovo culture is one of the ancestors of the Hungarians. Considering this is where we find the Indo-Iranian origins, that's a bit odd then. You think they'd speak IE.

225px-Indo-Iranian_origins.png

From at least 2000 BC onwards, the Ugrian speakers became distinguished from the rest of the Uralic community. Judging by evidence from burial mounds and settlement sites, they interacted with the Andronovo Culture,[24] furthermore, type of Hungarians of the Conquest period shows related features to that of Andronovo people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_people

In Turkic Bashkir you have this: Way = Yol Yol Yol Yo:l Yul Yul Jol Jol Yo'l Yol Suol Śul

Edit to add link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_languages

I think it's interesting how Mother is Ina, reminding me of the name Inanna.

Edited by The Puzzler

We discussed those damn cows on THIS PAGE and before, and you kept coming up with the most ridiculous translations.

And now we are back to Ra Cows again....

OLB_cowswithgoldenhorns.jpg

thâ nam_er tha skênsta sinar finna änd mag_

yara.vrlovande ra ky mith golden horna sa

hja_ra thrvch vs folk fata dêdon.äfterdam.

sina lêr vtbrêda. men sin ljuda dêdon

A literal tranlation into Dutch:

Daar/Dan nam hij de schoonste zijner Finnen en Mag-

yaren, belovende hen koeien met gulden hoorns.

..and so on.

There/Then he took the most beautifull of his Fins and Mag-

yars, promising them cows with golden horns.

...and so on.

You don't know what ra means in it really.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, cows with golden horns are nothing else but solar cows. Golden calves and the like.

The cult of the Mnevis bull, an embodiment of Ra, had its centre in Heliopolis and there was a formal burial ground for the sacrificed bulls north of the city.

All forms of life were believed to have been created by Ra, who called each of them into existence by speaking their secret names. Alternatively humans were created from Ra's tears and sweat, hence the Egyptians call themselves the "Cattle of Ra."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

Don't forget the Magyar were like Egyptian priests.

Edited by The Puzzler

Also, Rā, a Māori word for the Sun

Some people also think that the Maori Haka is a version of acting like Bes and the Tiki is Bes himself.

http://www.celticnz.co.nz/Bes%20&%20Thor/Bes&Taranis.htm

or it could relate to this:

In Scandinavian folklore, a rå is a keeper or warden of a particular location or landform. The different species of rå are sometimes distinguished according to the different spheres of nature with which they were connected, such as skogsrå or huldra (forest), sjörå (freshwater) or havsrå (saltwater), and bergsrå (mountains).

Keepers or warden cows of the people. Protectors. Offering them protection cows, like talismans. Once again I didn't actually say red cows in my post, I said Sun cows, that had nothing to do with ra in ra kys anyway, but because the cows had golden horns. I accepted long ago that ra might not be red.

Edited by The Puzzler

You're unbelievable, you know that, right?

To promise 'someone cows with golden horns' is a very old expression:

Phrase: Hij belooft haar koeien met gouden hoorns: natuurlijk liegt hij.

Literal translation: He promises her cows with golden horns: naturally lies he.

English equivalent: He promises her the moon: of course he is lying.

http://tho.silverleaf.nl/phrase_of_the_day/2010-04-12/hij-belooft-haar-koeien-met-gouden-hoorns-natuurlijk-liegt-hij/page_4

++

There's this English expression: "When the s*** hits the fan"

In a 1000 years from now some new Puzzler shows up, and will see this sentence/proverb as proof that the Shiites were at war with the Finns.

Edited by Abramelin

You're unbelievable, you know that, right?

To promise 'someone cows with golden horns' is a very old expression:

Phrase: Hij belooft haar koeien met gouden hoorns: natuurlijk liegt hij.

Literal translation: He promises her cows with golden horns: naturally lies he.

English equivalent: He promises her the moon: of course he is lying.

http://tho.silverleaf.nl/phrase_of_the_day/2010-04-12/hij-belooft-haar-koeien-met-gouden-hoorns-natuurlijk-liegt-hij/page_4

++

There's this English expression: "When the s*** hits the fan"

In a 1000 years from now some new Puzzler shows up, and will see this sentence/proverb as proof that the Shiites were at war with the Finns.

You think these cows with golden horns are just a Dutch saying?

The young bhakta saw many cows, all with golden horns. Their eyes were wide and adorned with khol. There were countless groups of them and each hoof was plated with gold. Milk poured from their huge utters milk as they hastily made their way back to Braja, thinking of their darling calves. The dust raised from their hoof cover the entire realm.

http://pushti-marg.net/252-varta-40.htm

Now what of the theft? Cattle grazing on the foothills of Olympos, yonder cattle with golden horns and whiter than snow--for they are sacred to Apollon. by Philostratus the Elder, Imagines 1. 26 (trans. Fairbanks) (Greek rhetorician C3rd A.D.)

http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/HermesMyths.html

The cows with golden horns are Apollo's sacred cows.

Unbelievable?

You think these cows with golden horns are just a Dutch saying?

The young bhakta saw many cows, all with golden horns. Their eyes were wide and adorned with khol. There were countless groups of them and each hoof was plated with gold. Milk poured from their huge utters milk as they hastily made their way back to Braja, thinking of their darling calves. The dust raised from their hoof cover the entire realm.

http://pushti-marg.net/252-varta-40.htm

Now what of the theft? Cattle grazing on the foothills of Olympos, yonder cattle with golden horns and whiter than snow--for they are sacred to Apollon. by Philostratus the Elder, Imagines 1. 26 (trans. Fairbanks) (Greek rhetorician C3rd A.D.)

http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/HermesMyths.html

The cows with golden horns are Apollo's sacred cows.

Unbelievable?

No, the saying is: "they promised them cows with golden horns", or they promised them the moon = they could never have kept that promise.

I will bet that "chicken with golden eggs" is a saying you can find from Indonesia to the Lofoten, but the context in which this saying is used most probably not.

==

Vmbe hja navt to vrlysa hob ik-ra

vp wrlandisk pampyer wrskreven.

Om hen niet te verliezen heb ik ze

op overlands papier over(ge)schreven

In order not to lose them I

copied them on foreign paper.

Edited by Abramelin

No, the saying is: "they promised them cows with golden horns", or they promised them the moon = they could never have kept that promise.

I will bet that "chicken with golden eggs" is a saying you can find from Indonesia to the Lofoten, but the context in which this saying is used most probably not.

==

Vmbe hja navt to vrlysa hob ik-ra

vp wrlandisk pampyer wrskreven.

Om hen niet te verliezen heb ik ze

op overlands papier over(ge)schreven

In order not to lose them I

copied them on foreign paper.

It doesn't matter what ra means.

The cows with golden horns are an ancient concept for the cattle of Apollo.

So, whatever you think is unbelievable about what I said, you should re-consider.

These will be white, curved horn cows from India, like the cattle shown on the Harappa seals.

They certainly existed.

Point being, not sure on your point, that the Magyar were offering them a real thing, not some Dutch phrased thing that doesn't exist.

170px-Shiva_Pashupati.jpg

Rudra is called "The Archer" (Sanskrit: Śarva),[41] and the arrow is an essential attribute of Rudra.[42] This name appears in the Shiva Sahasranama, and R. K. Sharma notes that it is used as a name of Shiva often in later languages.[43] The word is derived from the Sanskrit root śarv-, which means "to injure" or "to kill",[44] and Sharma uses that general sense in his interpretive translation of the name Śarva as "One who can kill the forces of darkness".[43] The names Dhanvin ("Bowman")[45] and Bāṇahasta ("Archer", literally "Armed with arrows in his hands")[45][46] also refer to archery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

I see no problem that many pastoralist cultures decorated their best cattle with decorations as a wedding gift or any other gift.

And if they had gold, most probably they would have attached it on the horns of the cow/bull they were going to give away as gift.

I don't think that has anything to do with only Apollo/Greeks or the Indians.

The thing is, if you only pretend to be rich, you might promise to give your best cow away with her horns decorated with gold.

And that is a VERY old Dutch and Frisian saying.

++++

EDIT:

You said: "You don't know what ra means in it really"

I hope I was able to show you that I actually do.

EDIT:

You'll like this site:

A quote:

"The English word chattel meaning possessions derives from capital ( < caput = head.) It further evolved into cattle, the collective word for cow. In other words, especially in lands where the Romans left their imprint, cattle means wealth. And in many other cultures, besides."

http://www.khandro.net/animal_cow_bull.htm

Edited by Abramelin

Just a couple of points:

See page 82 in Alewyn's book on his own connection of the Sami to the Yakuts, the same people I mentioned above as being a connection to the Sami, from lake Baikal.

Page 180 to 182 Alewyn speaks of 2 types of Magi and now I have to consider this is correct because I also outlined that above - Herodotus first makes mention of 2 types, the Persian Medes Magi and a priestly caste.

On page 171 he gives a run down on a passage in the Indica - about the Nysaeans being not an Indian race but ones who came into India with Dionysus. If Dionysus was Thracian as he is often said it would indicate that Thracians entered India at some point. These could be the Tocharian mummies of Euro appearance and Celtic styled clothing, similar to weave in Hallstat, plus Thracians were known to have fair/red hair. Also the pointy witches hats we shouldn't forget that a couple of them were wearing.

On page 173 is what I was looking for, for now, he also has some info about the Harappan civilisation, how they were invaded by priests from another country, he identifies them as Sino-Mongolian descent, this he says, are the Magyar too.

A very old Venus figurine cane be found in Mongolia...The Mal'ta Venus is a palaeolithic figurine of a woman, discovered in a cave at Mal'ta, at the Angara River, near Lake Baikal in Irkutsk Oblast, Siberia, Russia. The figurine is about 23,000 years old. It was carved from mammoth ivory. As is typical for the so-called Venus figurines, some of the sexual features, such as breasts and buttocks, are emphasized. It is on display at the Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal%27ta_Venus

Tocharians (Yuezhi) and Scythians inhabited western Mongolia during the Bronze Age. The mummy of a Scythian warrior, which is believed to be about 2,500 years old, was a 30-to-40 year-old man with blond hair and was found in the Altai, Mongolia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolia

Interesting too how also in Turkic, that tau means mount - just like tor, rocky outcrop, could really be a mount.

The name, in Turkic Alytau or Altai, means Al (gold), tau (mount);

The Altai Mountains have been identified as being the point of origin of a cultural enigma termed the Seima-Turbino Phenomenon[5] which arose during the Bronze Age around the start of the 2nd millennium BC and led to a rapid and massive migration of peoples from the region into distant parts of Europe and Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altai_Mountains

Seima-Turbino refers to burial sites dating around 1500 BC found across northern Eurasia, from Finland to Mongolia. The buried were nomadic warriors and metal-workers, travelling on horseback or two-wheeled chariots. These nomads originated from the Altai Mountains. Although they were the precursor to the much later Mongol invasions, these groups were not yet strong enough to attack the important social sites of the Bronze Age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seima-Turbino_Phenomenon

I see no problem that many pastoralist cultures decorated their best cattle with decorations as a wedding gift or any other gift.

And if they had gold, most probably they would have attached it on the horns of the cow/bull they were going to give away as gift.

I don't think that has anything to do with only Apollo/Greeks or the Indians.

The thing is, if you only pretend to be rich, you might promise to give your best cow away with her horns decorated with gold.

And that is a VERY old Dutch and Frisian saying.

++++

EDIT:

You said: "You don't know what ra means in it really"

I hope I was able to show you that I actually do.

EDIT:

You'll like this site:

A quote:

"The English word chattel meaning possessions derives from capital ( < caput = head.) It further evolved into cattle, the collective word for cow. In other words, especially in lands where the Romans left their imprint, cattle means wealth. And in many other cultures, besides."

http://www.khandro.net/animal_cow_bull.htm

Yeah, I'm sure they are referring to a wedding gift here...

Cattle grazing on the foothills of Olympos, yonder cattle with golden horns and whiter than snow--for they are sacred to Apollon.

But I will change my mind on something, the cows are what your translated phrase said before - moon - they are lunar cows, not solar cows.

That's why the phrase means to give someone the moon - it is the moon, you know, the cow jumps over the moon...lol

Speaking of that big old white moon, I must go to bed now. Good night.

Edited by The Puzzler

(EDIT: responding to your post #6491 )

Yes, I remember we have discussed this part of Alewyn's book.

Also that it was known - or better, believed in - during the 19th century that the Altai region (and the Pamir region) may have been something of a Shangri-La or Eden; you will remember the map I posted with the Deluge date (the Deluge happening in that area) of 2345 BC.

Btw, I hope you remember what I posted (you were gone for a while) about the Vikings being called "Magi" by the Arabs? And why? Because according to the Arabs these Viking raiders were 'fire worshippers', and that was the Arab way of saying these Vikings had a primitive religion.

Edited by Abramelin

Yeah, I'm sure they are referring to a wedding gift here...

Cattle grazing on the foothills of Olympos, yonder cattle with golden horns and whiter than snow--for they are sacred to Apollon.

But I will change my mind on something, the cows are what your translated phrase said before - moon - they are lunar cows, not solar cows.

That's why the phrase means to give someone the moon - it is the moon, you know, the cow jumps over the moon...lol

Speaking of that big old white moon, I must go to bed now. Good night.

LOL, I only gave an English equivalent of the Dutch saying "to promise cows with golden horns", and it was "to promise the moon", but NOT that it had anything to do with the Moon or that it was some sort of translation.

No doubt other languages will have a totally different equivalent for that Dutch saying.

It's about nothing else but promising something you know you can't deliver (aka "to lie"), and just to make the other person feel good.

Another great Dutch saying which is rather similar: "Veel beloven en weinig geven doet de gek in vreugde leven". (Promise a lot and don't give much, that will make the fool stay happy).

Edited by Abramelin

LOL, I only gave an English equivalent of the Dutch saying "to promise cows with golden horns", and it was "to promise the moon", but NOT that it had anything to do with the Moon or that it was some sort of translation.

No doubt other languages will have a totally different equivalent for that Dutch saying.

It's about nothing else but promising something you know you can't deliver (aka "to lie"), and just to make the other person feel good.

Another great Dutch saying which is rather similar: "Veel beloven en weinig geven doet de gek in vreugde leven". (Promise a lot and don't give much, that will make the fool stay happy).

Yes, co-incidence hey?

It made me think some more though, and I realised Apollo was moon not Sun, then it all became clear, because Shiva/Rudra is Apollo and he is a Moon God and of course, so is Diana, big time.

It was the Moon cult they bought into Europe. Juliet pleads with Romeo to not swear by the Moon, it's so false and untrustworthy.

It's all fitting into place now so much better. I couldn't figure out why the Sun would come in when the Sun seemed already such an ancient symbol for the Fryans.

Not only that but it's always been magicians and Magi associated with the night, all the stars and moons you see stereo-typed on wizards hats. Diana's cult strongly resisted Christianty. It also means more than likely that Troy was a Moon cult city too and that the cult of Dionysus was also Moon based and his mother, the Moon, Semele, a Phoenician was killed by Zeus, while he then raised him. It's throwing off the Moon cult imo.

Here's a website might be interesting...http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

Many ancient peoples regarded the Moon as the chief of the two luminaries. “The sun was of smaller importance than the moon in the eyes of the Babylonian astrologers.”

Also

The Assyrians and the Chaldeans referred to the time of the Moon-god as the oldest period in the memory of the people: before other planetary gods came to dominate the world ages, the Moon was the supreme deity. Such references are found in the inscriptions of Sargon II (ca. -720)(2) and Nabonidus (ca. -550).(3) The Babylonian Sin—the Moon—was a very ancient deity: Mount Sinai owes its name to Sin.

Assyrian art reflects this moon influence far more strikingly than that of Panammu I.The figure of himself which he caused to be carved in relief on the left side of the palace-inscription is in the Assyrian style , and so too is another of his reliefs from Zenjirli. On the latter Bar-rekub is represented seated upon his throne with eunuch and scribe in attendance, while in the field is the emblem of full moon and crescent, here ascribed to "Ba`al of Harran", the famous centre of moon-worship in Northern Mesopotamia.

http://www.greatdreams.com/moon/moon_worship.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_deity

Isis, Diana and Artemis are well known Moon Goddesses but there's many others. Sin, Nanna, Selene.

THIS is what the Magyars were bringing in to Scandinavia.

Yes, they do.

Thanks for the links.

The more I think about the OLB and the date of the last entry the more I think it's actually all based in more like this...

The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, called by the Pope and with the main goal of restoring Christian control of the Holy Land. The crusaders came from all over western Europe. The main series of Crusades occurred between 1095 and 1291; historians have given them numbers, later unnumbered crusades were also taken up for a variety of reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

smoke and mirrors of the aztecs (equivalent to coniraya viracocha [sea foam] of the incas and ouranos of the greeks)

was a major moon god.

even though ouranos is a sky god he has connections to the moon.

he is the father of venus.

http://books.google.com/books?id=DAbQVHUA6UAC&lpg=PA64&ots=bbm53gFNZs&dq=coniraya%20viracocha&pg=PA64#v=onepage&q=coniraya%20viracocha&f=false

Edited by granpa