Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

The next will be a bit of a detour, but it is about a possible "Reintja".

First some Dutch text:

Rein

Betekenis

'Afgeleid van het Germaanse 'regin' wat raad (advice/counsel) betekent. Voornamelijk in Frieslanden Groningen voorkomende naam.'

http://www.babyzoektnaam.nl/naam/Rein

Reinhard, Reinharda - Sterke raadgever (Germaanse regin: raad en hard: hard)

Reinhild, Reinhilde, Reinhilda Raadgeefster in de strijd (Germaanse regin: raad en hild)

Reinier, Reinder, Riendert, Rainer, Rayner, Rainier, Reiniera - Raadgever van het leger (Germaanse regin: raad en her: leger)

Rein, Reense, Reinse, Reinko, Reint, Rien, Rinke, Rinse, Rein, Reena, Reenskje, Reina, Reini, Reins, Riena, Rinka, Rynke - Raadgever, heerser (Germaanse regin: raad)

Reinoud, Reinout, Reinou, Reinald, Reindal, Renout, Reginald, Rex, Raynaud, Rinaldo - De wijze heerser, raadgever (Germaanse regin: raad en wald: heersen)

http://mens-en-samenleving.infonu.nl/sociaal-cultureel/19204-namen-en-betekenis-voornamen-meisjes-jongens-met-een-r.html

I won't bother you with translations, but "Rein" means 'advice' in Germanic (from 'regin'), and "out/wald" means 'to rule'. "Reinout/d" therefore means 'wise ruler' or 'counseler'.

Then, 'regina' is also a (Latin) word for queen, and in Spanish it is 'reina'.

Ok, here's the detour:

From the OLB;

Among the ruins of the destroyed citadel of Stavia there was still established a clever Burgtmaagd, with a few maidens. Her name was Reintja, and she was famed fur her wisdom. This maid offered her assistance to Askar, on condition that he should afterwards rebuild the citadel of Stavia. When he had bound himself to do this, Reintja went with three maidens to Hals (Holstein).

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#ca

==

Other than Ibn Fadlan, few if any Muslims from the Middle East or Central Asia made the trek to the Norsemen's distant homelands. However, Muslims in al-Andalus, in the southern two-thirds of the Iberian Peninsula, could travel to Scandinavia relatively easily by sea, and several appear to have done just that, probably to trade. In the mid- IOth century, a Córdoban merchant named al-Tartushi visited the Danish market town of Hedeby. He was none too impressed, for although, at 24 hectares (60 acres) in area, Hedeby was the largest Scandinavian town of the time, al-Tartushi found it a far cry from the elegance, organization and comfort of Córdoba. Hedeby was noisy and filthy, he wrote, with the pagan inhabitants hanging animal sacrifices on poles in front of their houses. The people of Hedeby subsisted chiefly on fish, "for there was so much of it." He noted that Norse women enjoyed the right to divorce. "They part with their husbands whenever they like." Men and women alike, he found, used "an artificial make up for the eyes; when they use it their beauty never fades, but increases."

But such scant contact did not do much to help bridge vast cultural gaps. Toledo jurist Sa'id reasoned that the pagan Norsemen were affected by their wintry origins: "Because the sun does not shed its rays directly over their heads, their climate is cold and the atmosphere cloudy. Consequently their temperaments have become cold and their humors rude, while their bodies have grown large, their complexions light and their hair long."

From the early years of the Viking Age, the Arabs of al-Andalus referred to the Scandinavians they encountered as alMajus, a word which meant "fire-worshiping pagans" and was usually directed at Zoroastrians. That these two groups were lumped into the same term leads some modern scholars to speculate on early contacts among Norse traders and Zoroastrians in Persia and Mesopotamia.

Andalusia was not spared the Viking attacks that the rest of Europe had experienced. Historian Ahmad al-Ya'qubi, writing in 843-844, tells of the attack on Ishbiliyya (Seville) by the "Majus who are called Rus. " Ibn Qutiya, a 10th-century Cordoban historian, wrote that the attackers were probably Danish pirates who had sailed up the Guadalquivir River. They were repelled by the Andalusian forces, who used catapults to hurl flaming balls of naptha that sank 30 ships. Amir 'Abd al-Rahman II then managed to arrange a truce. The following year, legend has it, he dispatched as envoy to the king of al-majus a handsome poet, Yahya ibn Hakam al-Bakri, known as al Ghazal ("the gazelle') for the grace of his appearance and his verse, who carried a gift for the king and his wife, Queen Noud. The voyage supposedly took al-Ghazal either to Ireland or Denmark, where he wrote that the queen "stays the sun of beauty from darkening. She lives. in the farthest off of God's lands, where he who travels thither finds no way."

Despite the truce, the Danes returned to attack Spain in 859 under the command of Hastein and Bjorn Ironsides, two of the most famous Viking leaders. But their 62 dragon ships were no match for the Umayyad forces. After the route, the survivors slipped through the Straits of Gibraltar to raid along the Moroccan coast, which prompted another Muslim observer to record that "al Majus may God curse them! invaded the little Moroccan state of Nakur and pillaged it. They took into captivity all the inhabitants with the exception of those who saved their lives by flight." The marauding fleet went on to harry the south of France and Italy, where they sacked the town of Luna on the northwest coast, believing it to be Rome. Some Arab sources say they reached Greece and even Egypt. When they returned to the Iberian coast two years after their first attack, they were defeated again, and Vikings never returned to the Mediterranean.

http://www.nordicway.com/search/Vikings%20in%20the%20East.htm

http://berberian11.tripod.com/dobrev_protobulgarians.htm

==

A curious result of this expedition was the temporary establishment in the middle of the ninth century of some kind of diplomatic relations between the Arab Emir of Spain and the king of the Majus. The Emir is known to have sent an ambassador to the court of the viking chief, and, although the nature of the mission of this man, Ghazâl, is not recorded, his adventures during a two months' sojourn at the viking royal palace and the gallant court paid by him to the viking queen Noud (1) have been described in some detail. (2) The land whither Ghazâl went was a great island in the ocean where there were flowing waters and gardens; it lay at a distance of three days' journey from the mainland (the point of departure is, unhappily, not specified) and contained a large population of majus; in the neighbourhood were many other isles of various sizes, all inhabited by majus, and the adjacent territories of the mainland belonged also to them.

But where was this island and who was the king? In all probability it was, as is to be expected, Horik in Zealand whom Ghazâl visited, but the account of the itinerary does not by any means establish this as certain, and there remains the chance that the Emir's ambassador did not go to Denmark at all, but to Ireland. In that event his mission would have been to the court of the great viking chieftain Turgeis (p. 276), who had won for himself enormous power in Ireland and who was drowned in 845, the year after the Spanish expedition. This view is to a small extent supported by the circumstance that the name Noud would just pass as a version of Aud (Auðr), the name of the wife of Turgeis, whereas the name of Horik's wife is not known from the northern sources. But this is flimsy evidence, and it seems on the whole most likely, on the grounds of the geographical description of the lands of the majus, with their territory on the adjacent mainland (Scania), that Ghazâl was sent to the Danish court.

http://www.northvegr.org/secondary%20sources/germanic%20studies/a%20history%20of%20the%20vikings/045.html

====

"Queen Noud".... That would become something like "Regin(a) Noud" or "Reina Noud". That would fit even if 'regina' is Germanic, or Latin. I wonder what language a Spanish Moor would have used to talk with these Danes/Vikings.

"Reina Noud".. Reinout >> Reintja??

Yeah, you see, Puzzler is not here, and someone must fill in her role, right?

:rofl:

++++++++++

EDIT:

With the "Horik" from my quotes we have a link to Knul's "Gottrik" :

Horik I (died 854) reigned as sole King of Denmark from 827 to his violent death in 854. His reign was marked by Danish raids on the Franco-German empire of Louis the Pious, son and successor of Charlemagne.

Horik's father was King Gudfred, known for his successful raids and wars against Charlemagne's Frankish empire and against the Abodrites. In 810, Godfred was assassinated by one of his retinue, and his nephew and successor Hemming made peace with Charlemagne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horik_I

Horik I (ook: Hárekr, Erik de Oude)

(Horik I - also Hárekr, Erik the Old)

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horik_I

King Gudfred (ruled from 804 or earlier until 810) was a Danish king during the Viking era. Gudfred was the younger son of King Sigfred. Alternate spelling include Godfred, Göttrick (German), Gøtrik (Danish), Gudrød (Danish), and Godofredus (Latin).

King Gudfred appeared in present day Holstein with a navy in 804 AD where diplomacy took place with the Franks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudfred

Edited by Abramelin

thanx for those posts, Abe

You'r welcome. And sorry for yesterday...

Btw, nice avatar. For a minute I thought it was a photo of your gf.

You'r welcome. And sorry for yesterday...

No worries, bro!

I don't like when you behave like that, because you can do much better.

More people might join, Alewyn and Puzzler would show up more, I would feel more encouraged and respected, you would make more friends and feel better.

Btw, nice avatar. For a minute I thought it was a photo of your gf.

Well they were like that, and I hope I'll meet one again soon.

I'm going to do casting sessions for the role of Minerva.

Edited by Otharus

"Een Negentiende Eeuwsche Vriezen-Bijbel,

of een kopie van een ouder schrift,

dat zich vond in Enkhuizen.

Een Westfriese familie heeft een overoud schrift,

dat mijn voorouders kenden."

(from unpublished notebook)

Edited by Otharus

No worries, bro!

I don't like when you behave like that, because you can do much better.

More people might join, Alewyn and Puzzler would show up more, I would feel more encouraged and respected, you would make more friends and feel better.

Well they were like that, and I hope I'll meet one again soon.

I'm going to do casting sessions for the role of Minerva.

The crazy thing is that when you post when hammered, you actually think that what you write is sane and on topic. Only to discover the next day that is was not...uhm.. that sane at all.

=

Anyway, so you're going to make a movie about the OLB? One for YouTube? Maybe cooperating with Sura de Heer?

This is one of his:

Edited by Abramelin

The crazy thing is that when you post when hammered, you actually think that what you write is sane and on topic. Only to discover the next day that is was not...uhm.. that sane at all.

=

Anyway, so you're going to make a movie about the OLB? One for YouTube?

I will put try-outs and teasers there, or on Vimeo.

Aphrodite is being surveyed by Paris, while Athena (the leftmost figure) and Hera stand by. El Juicio de Paris by Enrique Simonet, ca. 1904

El_juicio_de_Paris.jpg

LOL, I talked with someone on my own site about your movie, and he says he followed this thread loyally (he's also a member of UM).

He suggested I should play one of the evil monks that were enemies of the OLB.

And my familyname is very close to the familyname of the monk/priest who travelled with Pizarro to Peru.

You can do casting for role of Greek priest in dialogue with Minerva.

And think about what he should look like.

Is that the part where she is being questioned? Like about those eggs she is carrying or something?

And my familyname is very close to the familyname of the monk/priest who travelled with Pizarro to Peru.

Good idea too, why don't you start writing a script for the 803-1256 AD part?

I'm busy with the Minerva/ Athena part.

Yes, that dialogue.

Edited by Otharus

About behaving myself... that will be kind of.. uhm.. hard , when all these women are dressed as in those paintings.

Edited by Abramelin

Good idea too, why don't you start writing a script for the 803-1256 AD part?

I'm busy with the Minerva/ Athena part.

Yes, that dialogue.

I sort of assumed you were kidding, but are you really serious about making this movie?

Urteil des Paris/ The Judgment of Paris

painting by Anton Raphael Mengs,

now in the Eremitage, St. Petersburg.

Oil on canvas, 226 x 295 cm.

Paris is awarding the apple to Aphrodite, while Athena makes a face.

Anton Raphael Mengs (1728–1779), ca. 1757

Mengs%2C_Urteil_des_Paris.jpg

Edited by Otharus

Dead-serious.

That's why I moved here 1-1-2012.

That must cost a shtload of money.

Say, all those paintings... I have some really nice photos of "Finda" women..

One I almost accidentily uploaded in the Thera thread.(Thera minus H is Tera...lol).

This one is 'decent' enough:

post-18246-0-10179600-1329415980_thumb.j

Edited by Abramelin

Like this?

sophoclesst.jpg

So I only need to grow a beard, and I will wear sandals and a bed sheet. You do know it's freezing ouutside, right?

So I only need to grow a beard, and I will wear sandals and a bed sheet. You do know it's freezing ouutside, right?

Yes, we'll film in spring, summer, and in Greece.

No high costs for costumes, LOL!