Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

Riaan

I see a lot of ancient Gods & myths & locations are used for etymologie and vice versa. Interesting ...

I tend to believe that the ancient gods (Helenic and Pagan) are stories and representations of tribe-migrations.

Hence, 'legends' are used by Greek and Roman suppressors to describe the history of the people they tried to dominate.

By learning 'our own' history through 'their' legends, things can get fussy some times.

The cultural/historical value of these legend-people seem to be more original than the Greek/Latin ones, and all relative to the ongoing transmigration of the Scytisch field people throughout Europe in the ages before and during the Greek/Roman domination of Europe.

Many Greek/Latin words are phonetically invented/written words of an Old Euro-Celtisch-Scytisch-Frysian-Belgae-... 'spraecke' (the language was spoken, not written).

And then we try to trace back the origin of words by their invented Greek/Latin counterpart?

Example: Hellas for the old Greek Country comes from Hel-As

Hel: means to in/decline, Helling in dutch -> Hill in English

As: means Water (Wasser)

Helas meaning the place where the water flows from the hill. But in Greek this meaning can not be found so clearly, even in its own language parts.

I think in OLB there are also some examples of this like Krekaland (de Scyths used the word Ger-Haeg for swompy rivers).

Below an extract of an 17th essay on the original language-spraec spoken by Belgae Scyths (similar to OLB story)

ofte men conde alle groot voornemen ende swaere saecken soo wel beschrijven in onse ghemeene Neder-Duytsche spraec als in de gene der Latinen.

Maer de dwalinghe vande onwetende verachters van hare vaderlicke saken is overlangs zo ver gekomen dat tielf anders is gelooft geworden.

De Griecken ende Latinen hebben over vele eeuwen hun selven toeghegheven alle saeken ende ghepoocht onse voorderen te verachteren ende overroepen waer sy conden;

maer de waerheydt is van sulcken cracht dat sy har selven altijdt vertoocht aenden verstandighen.

De Grieckschen philosophe Plato ondersoekende de redenen vanden rechten oorspronck der namen heeft nietemin ende daerentusschen bekent ende betuycht dat die selve redenen ingheboren waeren aan onze voorderen,

maar niemant en heeft die oyt ondersocht soo dattet betaemde ende behoorde.

Diodorus ouden Grieckschen schrijver betuycht oock dat de oude Nederlanders ofte Kelten hare spraecke hadden cort ende treffende ende niet onbequaem totter wetenschappen ende gheleertheyt.

T’is t’vreemste des weerelts sijn eyghen saken soo te verachten datmen niet goet en vindt dan de vremde ende t’huys te laten vergaet’honich om elders met swaren aerbeyt te soecken t’suer ende t’bitter.

In dese dwaelheydt, ofte eersotten eyvel die beseten houdt de sinnen der menichen,

is gheschiet dat inde voorleden tijden ende eeuwen luttel ofte gheene treffelicke saken beschreven en zijn in onse ghemeene spraeck.

Daeromme noodich is gheweest aen alle liefhebbers der wetenschappen, die te soecken by den Griecken ende Latinen, met onsprekelick verlies van tijd ende cost.

Dese sake allessins zijnde onbekent, daer deur is oock onbekent geworden onsen algemeenen oorspronck ende beginsel,

soo dat wy luttel ofte niet en weten wat voor duysent iaren tijt ende noch veel min, gheweest hebben onse saken inde voorgaende tijden ende eeuwen.

Sulck een leven en is anders niet, seght Plato dan een kinderleven, brengeden daertoe t’voorbeeld van Solon.

Den selven, seght hy, eens ghetoghen zijnde naer Egypten, eenen Egyptiaenschen priester seyde hem:

O Solon, Solon, ghy-lieden Griecken zijt eeuwige kinderen, en inde Griecksche Landen en wort niet gevonden eenigen Ouderlinc.

Solon, t’onvreden deur soodanigen aensegh, want hem dochte dat sijn vader-lant daer mede grootelic wiert ghelastert,

vraeghde aenden priester wat hy daer mede meynde.

Dy antwoordede: dat alle de Griecken maer iongelinge en ware, om dat sy geen kenissenoch wetenschapen hadden van t’grijs ouderdom der eester tijden.

De Propheet Moyses siende in sijnen tijt opcomen de bervegetenheyt der menschen, heeft daeromme gheschreven den boeck der Scheppinge, zonder de welcke alle menschen lagen in sulke duisternisse, als de gene die noyt en sagen eenige dach.

How about this? 101 years after the submersion of Atland at the time of the Juulfest - I did 100 years, forgot it was 101, anyway, maybe if it goes from Equinox 2194BC to Equinox 2094BC, by Dec it could be seen as 101 years - at 2094BC at the Juulfest (25th December) you see this:

Map25122094bc.jpg

At Shiraz, Iran - 7.22am.

What appears to be an Eclipse of the Sun by the Moon, on sunrise at the Winter Solstice. At the 120 degree mark, in Capricorn/Goat. Next to rise is Venus.

At 7.12am, they are directly eclipsed and right on the horizon. You would then see Mercury in the sky, which could be some sort of meaning.

Anyway, all very interesting.

Happy New Year, everyone!

==

I think that if anything 'celestial' took place for an astrologer to come to the conclusion 2194 BC was the start or end of something, then that celestial phenomenon must have been a lot more special than what you posted Puzz.

And there's also a lot of talk about India/Punjab/Hindu (Finda?) in the OLB.

Now look at this:

The start of Kali-Yuga

Hindu tradition makes mention of the conjunction of the “seven planets” (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury, sun and moon) and Ketu (southern lunar node, the northern node/ Rahu being by definition in the opposite location) near the fixed star Revati (Zeta Piscium) on 18 February 3102 BC. This date, at which Krishna is supposed to have breathed his last, is conventionally the start of the so-called Kali-Yuga, the “age of strife”, the low point in a declining sequence of four ages. However, modem scholars have claimed that the Kali-Yuga system of time-reckoning was a much younger invention, not attested before the 6th century AD.

Against this modernist opinion, Bailly and Playfair had already shown that the position of the moon (the fastest-moving “planet”, hence the hardest to back-calculate with precision) at the beginning of Kali-Yuga, 18 February 3102, as given by Hindu tradition, was accurate to 37’.9 Either the Brahmins had made an incredibly lucky guess, or they had recorded an actual observation on Kali Yuga day itself.

http://voi.org/books/ait/ch22.htm

+++

EDIT:

Must be the champagne, lol: I already posted this in post 8827, page 589 (well, partly)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=8820

Edited by Abramelin

Hello Van Gorp,

It took me a minute to find out where you got that essay from, but I think this is it:

Adrianus Schriekius, Organorum Celticarum Libros XXIII (Ypris Flandriae editos, 1614)

Kelten en de Nederlanden: van prehistorie tot heden - edited by Lauran Toorians

(Celts and the Netherlands: from prehistory to the present)

http://books.google.nl/books?id=7sqJkxn0AQcC&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=belgische+scythen&source=bl&ots=5FDNwmnOuu&sig=ZWQv-Tk7dseZZoYyQUs35G6M0Zw&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=r3UBT46NNcf0-ganjrmrAQ&ved=0CEoQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=belgische%20scythen&f=false

(or here: http://books.google.nl/books?id=3GZH67VXJEAC&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=Adrianus+Schriekius&source=bl&ots=VPOwEHJd_M&sig=kxYFhEyr-x8LeoE1rjsDRhleBAY&hl=nl&sa=X&ei=OXYBT9ShBoKl-gbmhsy9AQ&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Adrianus%20Schriekius&f=false )

For the record, "Mare Mediterraneu" a.k.a. "Middel Zee" in 1519 Divisiekroniek (1st division, 5th capittel, p.004v):

middelzee.jpg

I found the same manuscript as pdf and transliterated:

De Divisiekroniek van 1517. Editor: Karin Tilmans

http://www.karintilmans.nl/pdf/dk1-29.pdf

http://www.karintilmans.nl/webpublications.html

Dat derde deel Europen is dat

machtichste van volck, ende begint van der rijviere Tanays,

streckende westwert in die Spaensse zee, bi Hercules Colonnen. Ende

dit deel heeft Japhet, Noës derde soen, beseten. Ende van hem sijn

gecomen xv gheslachten, ende hebben hem mede verstroyt ende ghedeelt,

nadat si wassende ende multiplicerende van volck groot werden. Ende

dese ij delen, als Affriken ende Europen, worden vanéén gesceiden

mitten water, dat men heet Mare Mediterranen26, dat is die Middel

Zee, beghinnende van 't lant van Syriën, daer dat Heilighe Lant

inne leit, streckende westwert tot in die Grote Zee, die men Oceanus

hiet, ende die gantsse werlt omcingelt hevet. Aldus is Asiën

ghelegen in 't oest; Affriken in 't suden; Europen in 't noorden.

I have searched for it because in your screenshot I thought I read the word "Atlant", lol. But it wasn't.

You should look under faam or faamwezen: doet thuis het dienstbodenwerk, het als dienstbode dienen.

Interesting, but I think it's much more simple.

Modern Frisian "Famke" = young woman, therefore "Fam" would logically just mean "woman", just like the French "femme" (pronounced "fam") and the Latin "Femina".

I also think - different from classical etymology! - that the word "Family" is derived from it.

Frisian dictionary Wiarda (1786):

famna1.jpg

Idem Hettema (1832):

famna2.jpg

Idem Richthofen (1840):

famna3.jpg

Edited by Otharus

Interesting, but I think it's much more simple.

Modern Frisian "Famke" = young woman, therefore "Fam" would logically just mean "woman", just like the French "femme" (pronounced "fam") and the Latin "Femina".

I also think - different from classical etymology! - that the word "Family" is derived from it.

Frisian dictionary Wiarda (1786):

famna1.jpg

Idem Hettema (1832):

famna2.jpg

Idem Richthofen (1840):

famna3.jpg

So you see, that the general term maiden, meid is used for a function in the household like melkmeid -milk maiden, kindermeisje - children's maiden, etc. and that the term has not been used for the head, chief of the household, which would be indicated as matrona = lady = vrouwe.See 3) in the last eigth lines.Knapa and famna belonged to the household as a remainal of the time of slavery.

Edited by Knul

I tend to believe that the ancient gods (Helenic and Pagan) are stories and representations of tribe-migrations.

Hence, 'legends' are used by Greek and Roman suppressors to describe the history of the people they tried to dominate.

By learning 'our own' history through 'their' legends, things can get fussy some times.

The cultural/historical value of these legend-people seem to be more original than the Greek/Latin ones, and all relative to the ongoing transmigration of the Scytisch field people throughout Europe in the ages before and during the Greek/Roman domination of Europe.

Many Greek/Latin words are phonetically invented/written words of an Old Euro-Celtisch-Scytisch-Frysian-Belgae-... 'spraecke' (the language was spoken, not written).

And then we try to trace back the origin of words by their invented Greek/Latin counterpart?

Interesting views. I can relate to them.

Below an extract of an 17th essay on the original language-spraec spoken by Belgae Scyths (similar to OLB story)

[...]

Interesting read. Thanks for that.

What is your view on the origin of the words "Belgae" and "Scyths"?

Do you know the word of the Westflemish alternative historian/ artist Joël Vandemaele?

He suggested that Belgae are related to Pelasgians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelasgians

The name Pelasgians (Greek: Πελασγοί, Pelasgoí, singular Πελασγός, Pelasgós) was used by some ancient Greek writers to refer to populations that were either the ancestors of the Greeks or who preceded the Greeks in Greece, "a hold-all term for any ancient, primitive and presumably indigenous people in the Greek world."[1] In general, "Pelasgian" has come to mean more broadly all the indigenous inhabitants of the Aegean Sea region and their cultures before the advent of the Greek language.

Menno, you said "Lumka-makia" was some cliff on Helgoland.

The OLB "Wodin" was living with his parents in East Flyland, near the "Ee-mude", in a place called "Lumka-makia".

In an old post I suggested a place in Friesland - Lemmer - where people practised 'whaling' ("kamakia" is Greek for harpoon).

Well, please read this:

Lemmer

WALVISSLACHTER/ whale butcher

http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/puzzelwoordenboek/walvisslachter/1

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/trefwoord/lemmet2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmer

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmer

"kamakia" is Greek for harpoon

Now a bit about the astronomy connection I keep annoying people with, lol:

Cetus_Lubieniecki1.jpg

Engraving from Stanislas Lubienieki's Theatrum cometicum. Cetus attempting to swallow Taurus.

Notice that Lubienieki has plotted a harpoon-straight comet's course into mouth of Cetus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Lubieniecki

Those 'coordinates' I think were in the OLB end up near the constellation of either Taurus (Bull) or Cetus (Whale).

I am not at all sure about that, but I want this for the record.

OK, so I asked on the UM Astronomy forum, and I did get an answer:

Posted by 'bison':

Using your original figures for RA and Decl., I find no prominent star at the positions indicated, at either positive or negative declination. The former is in Pisces, I believe, the latter in Cetus. The latter has Eta Ceti about 3 degrees away. Proper motion in 160 years would not be expected to place it at, or near the given position. Pisces has Epsilon Piscium about 5 degrees off, also not expected to move that far from the given position since 1850.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220105&view=findpost&p=4159730

So you see, that the general term maiden, meid is used for a function in the household like melkmeid -milk maiden, kindermeisje - children's maiden, etc. and that the term has not been used for the head, chief of the household, which would be indicated as matrona = lady = vrouwe.See 3) in the last eigth lines. Knapa and famna belonged to the household as a remainal of the time of slavery.

But in OLB the word does not seem to have this meaning:

[061/28]

NW WILLATH WI SKRIWA VR THA ORLOCH THÉRA BURCH.FÁMNA KÀLTA ÀND MIN.ERVA

Now we will describe the war of the ... Kàlta and Minerva.

Burchfamna = (Dutch:) burchtvrouwen, stedenmaagden, burgemeesteressen? = (English:) borough-matron?

Amsterdam:

amsterdam3.jpg

Antwerpen:

antwerpen.jpg

Enkhuizen:

enkhuizen.gif

Groningen:

groningen.jpg

Hamburg (city hall):

Hamburg_Rathaus_Hammonia_wmt.jpg

Notice the steering wheel.

Yes, a steering wheel... but Hamburg happens to be a port.

Briefly annexed by Napoleon I (1810-14), Hamburg suffered severely during his last campaign in Germany. The city was besieged for over a year by Allied forces (mostly Russian, Swedish and German). Russian forces under General Bennigsen finally freed the city in 1814. During the first half of the 19th century a patron goddess with Hamburg's Latin name Hammonia emerged, mostly in romantic and poetic references, and although she has no mythology to call her own, Hammonia became the symbol of the city's spirit during this time.

http://www.german-architecture.info/GERMANY/G-HH/HH.htm

Here's an interesting 'fam' word.

foam (n.)

O.E. fam "foam, saliva froth," from W.Gmc. *faimo- (cf. O.H.G. veim, Ger. Feim), from PIE *(s)poi-mo- (cf. Skt. phenah; L. pumex "pumice," spuma "foam;" O.C.S. pena "foam;" Lith. spaine "a streak of foam"). The verb is from O.E. famgian "to foam." Related: Foamed; foaming. The rubber or plastic variety so called from 1937.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=foam

This is exactly what Aphrodite was created from - foam. The first fam (French below) was made from foam...co-incidence? I think not.

Old French Etymology Latin femina.

Nounfam f. (oblique plural fams, nominative singular fam, nominative plural fams)

1.wife, female partner

2.woman

Usage notes Unlike modern French femme, which is used for both “wife” and “woman”, fam usually refers to a wife, while dame refers to a woman

DescendantsFrench: femme

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fam#Old_French

That word comes from this: We know this is the root of the Frisian word too: fa-mn-e, fe-mn-e, fo-mn-e, fo-vn-e, fo-n-e, afries., st. F. (æ): nhd. Frau, Jungfrau,

Magd; ÜG.: lat. fÐmina L 18, virgo K 15; Vw.: s. thiõn-ost-; Q.: H, W, E, B, S, L

18, K 15; E.: s. lat. fÐmina, F., Frau; vgl. idg. *dhÐi-, *dhÐ-, V., saugen, säugen,

Pokorny 241; W.: nfries. faem, F., Frau; W.: saterl. fowne, F., Frau; W.: nnordfries.

faamen, F., Frau; L.: Hh 24a, Rh 726b

Check also below wiki page for femina-note pic of virgin.

Etymology From Proto-Indo-European *dʰeh₁-m̥n-eh₂ (“who sucks”), derivation of the verbal root *dʰeh₁(y)- (“to suck, suckle”). Related to fīlius, fellō, fētus.

Pronunciation(Classcial) IPA: /ˈfeː.mi.na/

Audio (Classical) (file)

Noun fēmina (genitive fēminae); f, first declension

1.woman, wife

2.(of animals) female

3.(grammar) the feminine gender

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/femina#Latin

The FAM is Mother. THAT is important - actually the most important one of all, you will find no more important title. Mother. (The one who suckles).

Like Romulus and Remus - their 'mother' was Lupa, she who suckled them.

220px-She-wolf_suckles_Romulus_and_Remus.jpg

Then the Mother of Rome was Venus, who was Aphrodite (Mother of Aeneus) - born of the foam.

Burcht MOTHER.

Edited by The Puzzler

I couldn't help but notice the Caduceus in 2 of the above Burcht Mother images. I wonder why she would be holding that...

From this perspective, the caduceus was originally representative of Hermes himself, in his early form as the Underworld god Ningishzida, "messenger" of the "Earth Mother".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

This matches exactly what I said about the celestial lineup on the Autumn Equinox 2194BC, that is Mercury was in Venus - as I said this is a symbol of Frya giving Fasta the Laws.

Mercury is the 'messenger' of the Earth Mother ie; Frya in this case.

It also means commerce, writing and peace but the perspective given above imo fits like a glove.

----------------------------

The first picture at Amsterdam is giving me a celestial feeling, especially with the guy holding the Vulture stick - the Vulture is a constellation in the North sky plus as Nekhbet in Egypt and part of the headdress of many Egyptian Goddesses, seems to have some importance.

As the woman might be Freya, the shield imo is the 3 stars of Orion - her spindle. That she is seated and has 2 lions nearby (seems) to indicate she is an Earth Mother. Libra/justice is there while the sacred fire burns behind her and she's holding a sheaf of wheat too.

Edited by The Puzzler

I couldn't help but notice the Caduceus in 2 of the above Burcht Mother images. I wonder why she would be holding that...

From this perspective, the caduceus was originally representative of Hermes himself, in his early form as the Underworld god Ningishzida, "messenger" of the "Earth Mother".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

This matches exactly what I said about the celestial lineup on the Autumn Equinox 2194BC, that is Mercury was in Venus - as I said this is a symbol of Frya giving Fasta the Laws.

Mercury is the 'messenger' of the Earth Mother ie; Frya in this case.

It also means commerce, writing and peace but the perspective given above imo fits like a glove.

Mercury in Venus? You mean Mercury in Libra (or Taurus, because Venus rules both Libra and Taurus)?

Japhet/Frya? >> Fliva-Fluva-Fura

Ham/Lyda?

Shem/Finda?

And who still remembers the burghtfam of Kadik? Tutia

Noah's wife is called (amongst other names): Tytea.

A few quotes from Wiki:

Similar traditions seem to have endured for several centuries in some form, for in Petrus Comestor, we read that the wives of Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth are Phuarpara, Pharphia, Cataflua and Fliva respectively

-

Ælfric of Eynsham's Anglo-Saxon translation of the Heptateuch (ca. 1000) included illustrations with the wives' names recorded in the captions. One such illustration (fol. 17) names Noah's wife as Phiapphara, Shem's as Parsia, Ham's as Cataphua, and Japheth's as Fura[7]. Another (fol. 14) includes one wife, presumably Noah's, named Sphiarphara[8]. A Middle English illustrated version of Genesis dating to the 13th century also gives Puarphara as Noah's wife.

-

Pseudo-BerossusAccording to the 15th century monk Annio da Viterbo, the Hellenistic Babylonian writer Berossus had stated that the sons' wives were Pandora, Noela, and Noegla, and that Noah's wife was Tytea. However, Annio's manuscript is widely regarded today as having been a forgery.[9]

Nonetheless, later writers made use of this "information", sometimes even combining it with other traditions. The Portuguese friar Gaspar Rodriguez de S. Bernardino wrote in Itinerario da India por terra ate a ilha de Chypre in 1842 that the wives of Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth were named Tytea or Phuarphara, Pandora or Parphia, Noela or Cataflua, and Noegla, Eliua or Arca. In Robert Southey's Common-place Book from around the same time, similar names are given, with the information attributed to the "Comte de Mora Toledo": Titea Magna; Pandora; Noala or Cataflua; and Noegla, Funda or Afia, respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wives_aboard_Noah's_Ark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Josephustable3.jpg

"Funda or Afia"? Lol, Finda or Asia??

++++++

EDIT:

Knul already mentioned this image with the 3 (then) known continents and the sons of Noah:

CBA-2079.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Another Dutch JOL-related word (I had forgotten about that one):

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroegjool

Een kroegjool is een (luidruchtig) feest in een studentensociëteit. In werkelijkheid is het niets meer of minder dan een avond met 'gratis bier'. Meestal duurt een kroegjool de hele avond en nacht, maar dat hoeft niet.

Veel studentenverenigingen geven één of meer keer per jaar een kroegjool. Vaak is dit een besloten avond waar alleen de eigen leden welkom zijn.

Daarnaast wordt traditioneel door de winnaar van de roeiwedstrijd Varsity een kroegjool aangeboden, bij de corporale roeiverenigingen gebeurt dit op de Sociëteit van de moedervereniging.

In short: a (loud) students party (with free beer) at their fraternity/ sorority clubhouse (kroeg).

In case you missed it, here it is again, in close up:

Map2392194bc9am.jpg

You talk about casting horoscopes for the time frame, this is it, I'm casting.

Mercury is in Virgo - the FAM - note above link to femina, that fam comes from. Frisian: famne=femina=virgo

A message was coming for the Virgin Mother. Right as the Sun was to enter Libra, known exclusively for her fairness in law and justice.

The Moon and Jupiter on the Equinox at the same time as the Sun is odd too, more thinking will get me that answer. Maybe the birth of equal day/night - Diana and Apollo.

One wonders why Frya left the Earth...

Wise Frya! When she had seen her children reach the seventh generation, she summoned them all to Flyland, and there gave them her Tex, saying, “Let this be your guide, and it can never go ill with you.”

Exalted Frya! When she had thus spoken the earth shook like the sea of Wr-alda. The ground of Flyland sank beneath her feet, the air was dimmed by tears, and when they looked for their mother she was already risen to her watching star; then at length thunder burst from the clouds, and the lightning wrote upon the firmament “Watch!”

Far-seeing Frya! The land from which she had risen was now a stream, and except her Tex all that was in it was overwhelmed.

She wrote her Laws, (well, Fasta did) was wise and far-seeing, gave them to her children and departed before the Earth shook...

Astræa, the celestial virgin, was the last of the immortals to live with humans during the sagacious Bronze Age (the third age, after the Utopian Golden Age and defective Silver Age) in the old Greek religion's five deteriorating Ages of Man. According to Ovid, Astraea abandoned the earth at the end of the Iron Age. Fleeing from the new wickedness of humanity, she ascended to heaven to become the constellation Virgo; the scales of justice she carried became the nearby constellation Libra, reflected in her symbolic association with Justitia in Latin culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astraea_(mythology)

PS: Mercury is the ruling planet of Virgo too.

Edited by The Puzzler

Mercury in Venus? You mean Mercury in Libra (or Taurus, because Venus rules both Libra and Taurus)?

No, I meant Mercury in Virgo, silly me, see the picture.

In case you missed it, here it is again, in close up:

Map2392194bc9am.jpg

You talk about casting horoscopes for the time frame, this is it, I'm casting.

Mercury is in Virgo - the FAM - note above link to femina, that fam comes from. Frisian: famne=femina=virgo

A message was coming for the Virgin Mother. Right as the Sun was to enter Libra, known exclusively for her fairness in law and justice.

The Moon and Jupiter on the Equinox at the same time as the Sun is odd too, more thinking will get me that answer. Maybe the birth of equal day/night - Diana and Apollo.

One wonders why Frya left the Earth...

Wise Frya! When she had seen her children reach the seventh generation, she summoned them all to Flyland, and there gave them her Tex, saying, “Let this be your guide, and it can never go ill with you.”

Exalted Frya! When she had thus spoken the earth shook like the sea of Wr-alda. The ground of Flyland sank beneath her feet, the air was dimmed by tears, and when they looked for their mother she was already risen to her watching star; then at length thunder burst from the clouds, and the lightning wrote upon the firmament “Watch!”

Far-seeing Frya! The land from which she had risen was now a stream, and except her Tex all that was in it was overwhelmed.

She wrote her Laws, (well, Fasta did) was wise and far-seeing, gave them to her children and departed before the Earth shook...

Astræa, the celestial virgin, was the last of the immortals to live with humans during the sagacious Bronze Age (the third age, after the Utopian Golden Age and defective Silver Age) in the old Greek religion's five deteriorating Ages of Man. According to Ovid, Astraea abandoned the earth at the end of the Iron Age. Fleeing from the new wickedness of humanity, she ascended to heaven to become the constellation Virgo; the scales of justice she carried became the nearby constellation Libra, reflected in her symbolic association with Justitia in Latin culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astraea_(mythology)

PS: Mercury is the ruling planet of Virgo too.

But whatever you are casting, you are not casting horoscopes.

As far as I remember you have software for calculating actual celestial positions (of stars, sun, moon and planets).

That is not the same, alas.

Edited by Abramelin

But whatever you are casting, you are not casting horoscopes.

As far as I remember you have software for calculating actual celestial positions (of stars, sun, moon and planets).

That is not the same, alas.

Whatever, ignore it all then, I do have 25 years experience in an interest in astrology and many books but I guess that counts for nothing, I do have eyes as well and can see what it means, wasting my time here anyway, you go ahead and find your 'secret co-ordinates' in the OLB, that makes way more sense than any alignment and planetary positions at the Autumn equinox, exactly when the OLB says the catastrophe occurred. I'm going to bed.

Cardinal Pierre d’Ailly was a leading French theologian and champion of church unity during the Papal Schism (1378–1414). In this treatise he sought to reconcile theology and the science of astronomy, which included astrology. D’Ailly argued that divine will was revealed in the stars, and that although human will remains free, the outcomes of earthly endeavors are subject to astrological influences that can be forecast – an idea that the Inquisition later branded as heretical. The book’s woodcut frontispiece shows a theologian and an astronomer in harmonious conversation beneath the heavenly spheres.

In the image below you see a conjunction of (bottom to top): Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. And the 4 stars at the top are either stars in the zodiak sign of Pisces or some other ('fixed') stars. And THAT is what these guys were looking for:

Dailly_GreatConjunction.jpg

Pierre d’Ailly, Cardinal (1351–1420). Concordantia astronomiae cum theologia. Augsburg: Erhard Ratdolt, 2 January 1490.

http://smu.edu/bridwell_tools/exhibits/Science&Religion.htm

AD 1499 A respected German scholar and priest, Johannes Stoeffler, predicted in 1499 that the world would be flooded again in 1524 because all six of the planets known then would be in conjunction in the constellation of Pisces. This was generally rejected because such would violate God's covenant with Noah. The uneasiness, though, did not pass, and in 1523, printing presses in Germany churned out 51 pamphlets which added fuel to the speculative fire. English astrologers set the date for February 1, 1524. People sold their waterfront property even if they lost profit and an elevated fortress was built at the Priory Church of St. Bartholomew the Great with two months worth of necessities. Boat builders became filthy rich as families commissioned arks to be built to protect themselves when the flood arrived. In all, 20,000 Londoners abandoned their homes in the hysteria.

AD 1524 Prophets in England predicted a flood on February 1, 1524 (Julian) to strike at London. 20,000 people abandoned their homes in fear. Yet another prophet, citing an alignment of planets in the constellation Pisces, set the date for the flood for February 20th. Both days turned out to be sunny with not even a drop of rain.

AD 1656 The date the world would end, according to predictions put forth by Christopher Columbus in his "Book of Prophecies". Columbus held that his explorations were fulfillment of prophecy. he was to have led a Christian army in a great final crusade that would eventually convert the entire world to Christendom. The date weas chosen because supposedly 1656 years passed between the time of the creation and Noah's flood. --99R pg 13

(LOL, an extra:

AD 1527 A German bookbinder named Hans Nut said that he was a prophet of God sent by Christ to herald the Second Coming. This would occur exactly three and a half years after the start of the Peasant's War, in 1527. The Lord's arrival would be followed, according to Nut, by a thousand years of free food, love, and f-ree s-ex. He amassed some followers (!!!), but was killed during an attempted prison escape in 1527. --SSA pg 56 )

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/rapture.php

Finally, Columbus was impressed by the "Imago Mundi," a manuscript written in 1410 by the French inquisitor Cardinal Pierre d'Ailly, but not printed as a book until 1480. D'Ailly not only showed, like Mandeville, that the world was round. He predicted that Asia could be reached by sailing west across the Atlantic. Columbus had his own copy of the "Imago Mundi," read it repeatedly, and filled its margins with nearly 900 notes. Here's one he wrote: “There are savages who eat human flesh; they have vile and horrible faces.”

http://www.ancientsites.com/aw/Post/1183648

Edited by Abramelin

Whatever, ignore it all then, I do have 25 years experience in an interest in astrology and many books but I guess that counts for nothing, I do have eyes as well and can see what it means, wasting my time here anyway, you go ahead and find your 'secret co-ordinates' in the OLB, that makes way more sense than any alignment and planetary positions at the Autumn equinox, exactly when the OLB says the catastrophe occurred. I'm going to bed.

No need to be p***ed off, but what you posted is no horoscope. That's all I said.

I showed you a conjunction - of the Moon, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter.

I'm annoyed that I post so much info on fam being foam, the story of the OLB in the stars and you just brush it off with some comment on what I called a 'horoscope'. Just trivial picking and no answers that are actually any better than what I gave.

I'm tired so excuse my p***ed off mood. Good night.

You want a conjunction? Here, same day, the Autumnal Equinox, 21st September 2194BC, a bigger picture...

Map2192194bc2.jpg

Whatever you want to call it, it looks meaningful.

NOW I'm going to bed.

Edited by The Puzzler

I showed you a conjunction - of the Moon, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter.

I'm annoyed that I post so much info on fam being foam, the story of the OLB in the stars and you just brush it off with some comment on what I called a 'horoscope'. Just trivial picking and no answers that are actually any better than what I gave.

I'm tired so excuse my p***ed off mood. Good night.

I know what you showed, but we are looking for something unique, not what happens like 2 times a year. That is also why I posted about the astrological start of the Kali Yuga.

And then, this 'great conjunction' should be in a socalled water sign (Cancer/Scorpio/Pisces)

A conjunction of Moon, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.

And most importantly... all that based on my theory that the date of 2194 BC could very well be based on astrology, and based on how someone centuries ago (or just 150 years ago) would interpret such a 'great conjunction'. Or at least a conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn in a water sign. Then add to that the theory (Halley, Whiston, others) that that conjuction could have occurred during one of the visits of Halley's Comet, and we can narrow things down quite a bit.

Edited by Abramelin

And even more important: this whole astronomy/astrology/comet thing to explain the 2194 BC date may be completely off, a wild goose chase.