Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA slammed for Iraq intelligence

Kira

US senators have severely criticised the country's intelligence agencies, in particular the CIA, for the quality of their pre-war information on Iraq.

In a scathing report, the Senate Intelligence Committee says the CIA overstated the threat posed by Iraq.

Bbc News

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Fluffybunny

• bathory

• wunarmdscissor

And this is news? Not to anyone who has three brain cells.

Our CIA is an Oxy-moron. They are neither central, nor Intelligent.

After the nukes stop falling in about five years, the U.S. is history as is most of the world. Some guy in antartica is going to stand there and say "I told you So"

I thought when the U.S. didn't come up with WMD, after take-over, it didn't look good. whistling2.gif But....Irag had to be dealt with.

All of this info. comes at such an interesting time. "Let's all get divided so that al Qaedy can get a foot-hold." wacko.gif

Babs, this information was already out there.

If you read the 911 commisions report you will note that there is only a small paragraph about saddam and Iraq.

If you read Tenents testamony before the congressional hearings, he admits that the intelligence was flawed. This is old news, not a bit of what was reprted is anything new.

Sorry.

Is it possible people are starting to see the horrible errors of whats gone on here??

Iraq has never threatened America.

Iraq has never threatened anyone.

Iraq has never had any WMDs.

Iraq has only ever had what America has given it.

Yet, ooh heres a good idea, let's bomb the sh** out of them, kill them all, cause great pain and sadness to all Iraqis, and steal their land and wealth! We'll just tell the American people we're doing it for a good cause.

This, is murder and plundering. Bush should be treated no different than Saddam.

Overstated the threat, yeah i'd say.

Still, that doesn't mean... there aren't WMD. blink.gifph34r.gif

...I was talking about the committee's conclusions. Sorry. original.gif

Edited by Babs

Iraq has never threatened anyone.

Iraq has never had any WMDs.

Not totaly true. Iraq did threaten Kuwait, and did invade them(Hence my lovely vacation in the region in 1990 and 1991). Iraq has had WMD in the past, as evidenced by the gassing of it's own people...

Do they have them now? No, they find a shell here or there leftover from the late 80's(Iran/Iraq: The Rumble in the Desert) mostly inert due to the length of time the shells have been stored. No "stockpiles" will be found in my opinion.

As for the report today, it is nothing new...They need a scapegoat or two to pin things on, and they will find someone to be the next Oliver North...

You're right, i aplogise. Of course they took alot of heat going back almost 15 years ago with Kuwait.

And the weapons they had then were given to them by the States, correct? I'm not sure on my source for that information, but it's certainly not Weapons of Mass Destruction that the states used as excuse for invading them recently.

what i don't get is that practically every intelligence agency has been saying that Saddam has/is developing WMDs

And the weapons they had then were given to them by the States, correct?

did the US actually sell Saddam wmds?

or was it financial backing

and before you guys scream bad america, France, Germany, Russia and China also sold Saddam weapons, tanks, jets etc etc hell, France built his old nuclear plant that the israelis took out.

Back in the Iran/Iraq war, we gave Saddam chemicals and the know how to deliver them. We also fed him a bunch of money during that time in an effort to retaliate for the hostage situation of 444 days.

We relied on informants that we never talked to, that were exiled from the country or escaped Saddam's grasp. Not what one would call real reliable sources.

The other intel agencies you speak of were of course Israel, Kuwait, and a few others that seemed to have a grudge out for Saddam.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Saddam should be back in power, has he was a murdering SOB. But I think the American people should demand that bush and his administration step down. I don't care if the CIA gave him incomplete intel. If your the commander in chief, you had best be sure you know the whole fricken story before you kill people in a war for what ever reason.

Again, this is nothing new, I think I've been spouting off about this before.

The Iraqies got EDITED, The U.S. got EDITED, the U.K. got EDITED , and the the world got a royal you know what.

Edited by stillcrazy

stillcrazy wrote:

But I think the American people should demand that bush and his administration step down.

What are you crazy? original.gifgrin2.gif ...What then?! What would be your prescription?

It takes people with 'brains and heart' to fight a war, the democrats only have the first attribute.

Edited by Babs

I say fix the intelligence. Remember 911 was still in the air... we had to get rid of Saddam and his threat. ph34r.gif

yeah but babs it goes in circles , if saddam had no WMD's then he was no threat was he.

He was just a nastyevil murderer in a foreign country.

Maybe if those reasons were put for the war then i would think "go on then"

Its strange how our leader have abandoned the WMD reasons an are now claiming humanitarian resons were just as important.

Funny at that big UN meetin were Colin outlined all those big bad weapons saddam had i dont really remember many comments like "lets save the iraqi people" or "lets make this a precident to people who commit crimes against humanity"

But they regimes are all over the world however we dont rush into the likes of zimbabwe do we???

All i ask you is just to consider that the basis for the war that was put to us were lies.

This comes at the same time that our own Intelligence (always liked that name) services have now retracted their advice that there were WMD's in Iraq (bit late but never mind).

This is all very convenient for both Blair and Bush, because they can now claim they only acted bacause of this intelligence and so it wasn't their fault.

No wun, he wasn't just a nasty evil murderer...he had WMD. Forget the WMD for a moment. What about the fact that he supported terrorism and he himself was a terrorist. What about all that Iraqi money and oil to back that terrorism and terrrorists up with? Saddam had ties with the terrorists and I think he had a hand in 911. What about 911 being in the air and the horrible thought of letting some bigger castastrophe happening if we ignored Saddam Hussein.

No, it didn't go down like that, wun, it did in hindsight.

Well by that logic Babs, it's next stop Syria, Iran, North Korea and maybe a quick trip into Saudi Arabia for good measure.

Let the 911 link go for God's sake - even your beloved Government isn't using that old chestnut anymore.

In fact, with the exception of the human rights abuses, you really havn't got a leg to stand on.

Frankly, if Bush had just said he was trying to secure an oil supply to stabilize the Worlds Market for it, I would have had a lot more respect for him. I might not have agreed, but I like it when the cards are on the table..

All this ennui about WMDs' and Human Rights just doesn't play in light of the evidence we have..

That's just it... 911 DOESN'T GO AWAY

You will never understand. It didn't happen in your country!

stamford....it is in the 'American consciousness'.........even if we killed all the terrorists, it would still be there.

And stamford...if you want to understand us then you have to see us through 911 eyes. 911 is why America acts the way it does.

Have you ever been traumatized? It's like when a person is traumatized, same thing, depending on how bad the trauma is, they will need therapy. blink.gif In a bad case such as 911, they will need intense, prolonged therapy. disgust.gif Our country was traumatized.....

......and the only therapy I can think of for 911, is killing all those terrorists. After that, it will be ......"live with it".

...and I'd like to add....many people don't get over their trauma, it is permament. Oh yeah, it can get better as the years go by, but all of their interactions with others are colored by that trauma. The same with a country, stamford.

Edited by Babs

And stamford...if you want to understand us then you have to see us through 911 eyes. 911 is why America acts the way it does.

I am SICK of people moralizing this nations actions with nine eleven we have had more men killed since bush went in to stop the "terrorists" do we need to wage a war on 3 different nations soil because a group of at most 5000 men attacked us?

bush is full of bull**** and there is no justification for what he is doing.

-Viva Las Revolution-S&A

It will take many many generations for 911 to die out. And that's what it will have to do... die out.

Our children, our grandchildren and our great grandchildren, all saw this happen. We are teaching our children in school about 911 even today. When everyone does die, 911 will be in our history books, there for everyone to read and listen to their elders talk about.

911 will be remembered and be in our consciousness just as WWI and WWII is.

and we can forget about all those soldiers dieing in the name of your gastank and dubyas wallet, I mean I sure dont hear cnn complaining do you? look back on our nations history babs, every time something like this has happened its been a cover up, I gurantee in fifty years you can switch on cnn and the headline will be about the terrible state of crime in the us, on a smaller note a 1 segment section will be shown on how the declassification of binladens real whereabouts. the hilton hotel nextdoor from dubyas ranch. -by "dubya" I mean George Dubya

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

and of course.....

G.I W.

user posted image

Edited by Magikman

Student&Alive... w00t.giflaugh.gif ....that's a scream, you are hilarious. Are you mainstream, Bro?

Seriously, S&A...are you saying our government is corrupt? Well, now what government isn't? Are you living in fantasy land where you think the world can be a better place?.......And how might that be?......with Kerry?

Edited by Babs

I lost a Great-Uncle in the Trade Center Attack on 911. If anything, you'd think I'd be "Traumatized " more than many. I was totally for going into Afghanistan, and the War on Terror is fine with me. But having a corrupt regime using Pathos as a cover for invading wherever it wants and furthering it's own agenda is very wrong in my book...

Unfortunately it seems to have worked all too well on a portion of the public..

Student&Alive... w00t.giflaugh.gif ....that's a scream, you are hilarious. Are you mainstream, Bro?

Seriously, S&A...are you saying our government is corrupt? Well, now what government isn't? Are you living in fantasy land where you think the world can be a better place?.......And how might that be?......with Kerry?

look in my sig or even my avatar babs.

-www.infoshop.org for info