Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA slammed for Iraq intelligence

Kira

I was totally for going into Afghanistan, and the War on Terror is fine with me. But having a corrupt regime using Pathos as a cover for invading wherever it wants and furthering it's own agenda is very wrong in my book...

I absolutley agree. I could understand going into Afghanistan, as did most of the world. I also undertsand The War on Terror, as did most of the world.

Iraq is a different matter altogether. As time goes by we may see how the presidents eagerness to invade Iraq may have influenced the intelligence community rather than the other way around...

Unfortunately it seems to have worked all too well on a portion of the public..

I think some folks assume that disagreeing with the president is somehow unpatriotic...I see it in several people I have talked to that seem to support bush simply on Bush's word without looking at any other aspects of the situation...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Fluffybunny

• bathory

• wunarmdscissor

Student&Alive... w00t.gif  laugh.gif ....that's a scream, you are hilarious. Are you mainstream, Bro?

Seriously, S&A...are you saying our government is corrupt? Well, now what government isn't?  Are you living in fantasy land where you think the world can be a better place?.......And how might that be?......with Kerry?

look in my sig or even my avatar babs.

-www.infoshop.org for info

well....holy sh**t. grin2.gif

fluffy wrote:

I think some folks assume that disagreeing with the president is somehow unpatriotic

Oh, baloney. Why don't you give people the credit they deserve.

CIA Judges Kerry-Edwards Ticket 'Slam Dunk'

(2004-07-12) -- The U.S. intelligence community believes that the Democrat presidential ticket of John Forbes Kerry and John Edwards is "a slam dunk," according to a newly-released 28-page report.

Based on a larger secret CIA analysis, the public report claims that Mr. Kerry and Mr. Edwards, who are also U.S. Senators, have a strategy, ideas, positions on issues and even compelling reasons why Americans should vote for them.

"This evidence is almost as good as the intel we had on Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction," said an unnamed CIA source. "A Kerry-Edwards landslide is a slam dunk."

Link

whistling2.gif

I wonder if folks here will find that as funny if Bush does lose...

Poll finds apparent Kerry lead in close contest

(CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry apparently leads President Bush among likely voters surveyed after he chose Sen. John Edwards as his Democratic running mate, but the race remains close, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.

The survey of 706 likely voters, conducted between Thursday and Sunday, found 50 percent would support the Kerry-Edwards ticket, and 46 percent would vote for President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

Link

fluffy...You can't pay attention to the polls. blink.gif

Kellalor that was hilarious laugh.gif That was great stuff; we needed that relief. laugh.gif

Edited by Babs

I absolutley agree. I could understand going into Afghanistan, as did most of the world. I also undertsand The War on Terror, as did most of the world.

I totally agree fluffy.

Babs, please don't preach to me about trauma and how your country is the only one effected by what has occurred.

911 may have happened on American soil, but the repercussions, i.e. the invasion of Iraq have effected MY country, aswell as other countries, that gives me every right to attack the US and UK's foreign policy.

As I have said before, I support the War on Terror, in as much as the people responsible for 911 and global Islamic terrorism as a whole should be brought to justice; after all they are my enemies too!

However, the 'War on Terror' is being used as a front for a more sinister hidden agenda.

I also take offence to the notion that suddenly terrorism is an issue; it may be an issue for the US now, but it has been an issue for us Brits since I was born. In fact the IRA's terrorist attacks against the UK began the year I was born.

I have grown up with terrorism on my doorstep. I am from London; do you know what it is like to grow up with bombs going off in your city year after year? No.

In fact, there are people in your Country who actively supported and raised money for the IRA, so that they could carry on planting bombs in my country and shoot British soldiers and Irish cops. So once again, don't preach about trauma.

I am truly sorry for all the loses of 911 (over a hundred Brits died that day too remember aswell as plenty of Muslims), my only argument is when the dead are exploited to further the aims of politicians and more die in the false guise of 'freedom'.

again stamford well said.

Fluffybunny you are totally correct.

The taliban hid bin laden so america had EVERY right to go in there an get them.

Iraq however was somethin different.

It was a war exploiting thousands of dead americans and using them in the worst way.

History will judge this to be the case.

I do believe that tony blair was merley trying to temper the hawks in bush's ear.

I do believe that blair is a good man an that he was merley stalling america to attempt to gain a more unified international response.

Wether he will survive this is another question.

fluffy...You can't pay attention to the polls. blink.gif

Why not? Because they show Bush losing? huh.gif

I bet is they showed Bush winning your opinion would be different.

I have rarely even voted(Or supported) democratic candidate for any office, but I have to say that my dislike for what Bush has done to this country make me reconsider my voting policies.

Oh, baloney. Why don't you give people the credit they deserve.

What credit would that be?

That they can think for themselves....

I didn't think I'd have to say that one. I wonder what each of you will be saying when the terrorists finally come to your door?

I didn't think I'd have to say that one. I wonder what each of you will be saying when the terrorists finally come to your door?

I'll be thinking about how much less safe the world is since Bush started a war, overthrew a government and killed thousands of innocent people all based on...untruths...

The war on Iraq and the terrorists you speak of are in two different places.

We seem to be throwing billions of dollars and risking the lives of many people on one of those places, and less than a tenth of those same resources where we have actually found those terrorists you speak of.

That they can think for themselves....

Sometimes I wonder...

Sometimes I wonder...

Isn't that a rather lofty air to take?

Sometimes I wonder...

Isn't that a rather lofty air to take?

Not really.

There are some on this board that have admitted to voting down party lines, regardless of the issue. No thought to how they may personally feel about the matter or candidate. If the person has the appropriate letters following their name(Rep/Dem), they get the vote with no research.

People can come to whatever answer they want, we have the freedom to do that. If people use their brains to look at an issue and give the smallest amount of effort into understanding a situation/bill/candidate/whatever I could care less what the end result is. Unfortunately some folks would rather not take the time to see what they are actually voting for.

Voting down party lines, or assuming that your party is always correct without consideration to other points of view "makes me wonder", hence my comment. I am neither a democrat or a republican, but have voted for both parties(Candidates and issues) when I felt that they stood for a position that I felt would benefit our country.

Hey Osama Bin Ladin has been caught cool. cool.gif

Hey Osama Bin Ladin has been caught cool. cool.gif

His associate has turned himself in, but I haven't heard anything about the man himself...what have you heard?

Babs as stamford posted (which you ignored) the terrorists have come knocking at his door plenty of times before.

Mind you , you dont seem to think that "that kind of terrorismn counts" do you??

fluffy...well, when you put it that way, I agree. I jump parties, too, depending upon the issues that need addressing... and right now that issue is war.

Edited by Babs

fluffy...well, when you put it that way, I agree.

***Fluffy grabs chest***

Chest pain...horrible...can't...believe...eyes...

Agrees with Babs...on...issue...end...must...be...near...

***Falls out of chair***

***Makes horrible gasping sounds***

Arghhrhhhghrrr

***Fluffy administers CPR to sel****

***Sets paddles to 360 joules***

CLEAR!

***Dramatic Flopping about***

Feeling...much...better...now...thanks...

Babs you really have to stop agreeing with me, I don't think that I could take another one like that... tongue.gif

laugh.gif STOP!... you are killling me with laughter. grin2.gif

Babs as stamford posted (which you ignored) the terrorists have come knocking at his door plenty of times before.

Mind you , you dont seem to think that "that kind of terrorismn counts" do you??

I think all terorism is bad.

If we keep arguing and being divided in this country (and in other countries) about terrorism and what should be done, it will weaken our country... and that's exactly when the terrorists will come in for the kill.

We can definitely lose this war on terrorism, if we remain divided, and if we give in. France has a Muslim population that is growing and many think that France will be the next country to be taken over by Muslim terrrorists. It will go the way of Spain, which is controlled by terrrorists, now.

If the beheading of a single man or a 'few' can bring down a country, we're all in trouble. If the Philipines pull out of Iraq, now, others will follow; we will have a world problem on our hands. It will become a world war and the terrorists can win. That's what most of you haven't realized yet...this is real...this is no game....it is war.

The reason I bring this up... things have been circulating, here, and it doesn't look good. It seems that we are in trouble. If the terrorists don't go by the Geneva convention and we 'must' go by the Geneva convention, we're in deep trouble. And when our civilization is gone because we were too civilized to fight properly ......will we all miss our civilization?....

Do you really think they will let us live?

We can definitely lose this war on terrorism, if we remain divided, and if we give in. France has a Muslim population that is growing and many think that France will be the next country to be taken over by Muslim terrrorists. It will go the way of Spain, which is controlled by terrrorists, now.

Can you eleborate on who actually thinks that France will be overtaken by terrorists?

Just because a country has a growing Muslim population doesn't mean that they will be overrun by Islamic fundamentalists; this is the same kind of paranioa that the US whent through during the 'reds under the bed' 50's.

Would you propose mass deportation?

Maybe some nice Concentration Camps to keep those pesky foreignors contained?

If the terrorists don't go by the Geneva convention and we 'must' go by the Geneva convention, we're in deep trouble. And when our civilization is gone because we were too civilized to fight properly ......will we all miss our civilization?.

So what exactly are you suggesting by this? I assume that you think the invasion of Iraq was just *****-footing about then?

Has i said in another post....well, yes, throw away Geneva convention, hit the terrorist whit full strenght, nuke all that bad bad terrorist countries who dont like USA democracy style, use a lot of missiles, tanks and very falic guns....and you become something no better than the terrorist...the same thing taht happens whit the Israel goverment.

Our country isn't trying to get a moral medal here Mekorig. When it comes down to survival all those lofty morals will go out the window.

Edited by Babs

Our country isn't trying to get a moral medal here Mekorig. When it comes down to survival all those lofty morals will go out the window.

who said it was your country babs? It is my personal belief if you take something without the intent to return it then it is never truly yours, going on the keyword is country, country isnt the word. the average joe has never done sh** to the middle east, The governments the one going to war. one bullet babs, ONE bullet was all it would have took to take saddam from power. not a war. But more profit is achievable via war. We had numerous chances to kill saddam, as we did with bin laden. hell I wouldnt be surprised if bin laden was sitting in bush's basement drinking beer with bush right now. but what it boils down to is that regardless if a radical faction in the middle east kills 100 million american citizens thats no reason to take more lives than nessecary, and I dont believe a war was.

ONE bullet was all it would have took to take saddam from power. not a war. But more profit is achievable via war.

killing saddam would have achieved nothing if his party was still in power

or perhaps you agree that the assasination of key figures works, kind of like what your 'good friend' israel has been doing:)