Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will a pill be able to give us courage?

Still Waters

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• glyndowers heir

• Paracelse

• pallidin

anyone ever taken xanax? Just like that!

Xanax just makes me sit at my computer and play guitar.

There's still a song that I don't remember writing. I just woke up one day and it was recorded and was my voice.

It's a sad world to live in if a pill is needed to be courageous.

I have a feeling that this concept was of war, more for the battlefield then dealing with a house hold spider. Get out of your bunker boy and go fight. No fear of bullets or of that nature.

I dont think its so much a fear of bullets that keeps people worried on the battlefield as much as its an understanding of what those bullets will do to you.

People have too much courage right now. The world would be even more chaotic with more courage, but no wisdom behind it.

I dont think its so much a fear of bullets that keeps people worried on the battlefield as much as its an understanding of what those bullets will do to you.

Can't argue that, would you say this idea was designed for military use?

Hey, guys, here's my opinion...

I was "normal" until about 10 years ago(I'm 50 now)

One day, out-of-the-blue, I had I guess what's called a panic attack. Very bad.

Alcohol did help.

For me, the doc's determined that my nervous system was hyper-sensitive to both external and internal stimuli.

For those with an anxiety disorder, this is why alcohol helped. It's a central nervous system(CNS)depressant.

During acute anxiety there is little to no "courage", even normal courage.

"Alcohol-in-a-pill", in the sense of a CNS depressant is a welcome availability for me.

Xanax worked at first, then Ativan and Buspirone seem's more effective for me.

I already have courage. My fear is that I involve courage with stupidity.

Can't argue that, would you say this idea was designed for military use?

The US military already has super soldiers.

Why bother with this? Gonna give it to the babies the GOP is forcing us to have and raise and love, all to man their political wars and die in them?

(FYI, I was once GOP, until the party morphed a 180 from where they once stood)".

No wonder the military is having a hard, hard time recruiting people to man their armies.

Hey, guys, here's my opinion...

I was "normal" until about 10 years ago(I'm 50 now)

One day, out-of-the-blue, I had I guess what's called a panic attack. Very bad.

Alcohol did help.

For me, the doc's determined that my nervous system was hyper-sensitive to both external and internal stimuli.

For those with an anxiety disorder, this is why alcohol helped. It's a central nervous system(CNS)depressant.

During acute anxiety there is little to no "courage", even normal courage.

"Alcohol-in-a-pill", in the sense of a CNS depressant is a welcome availability for me.

Xanax worked at first, then Ativan and Buspirone seem's more effective for me.

Agreed. I have an anxiety disorder too. Just leaving my house and being in normal everyday social situations causes me so much stress. I realize that my fears are irrational, but that doesn't make them go away. I would try this pill in a heartbeat. I've been like this for as long as I can remember and it only seems to get worse as I age..and nothing (besides alcohol) helps. I have nothing to lose.

Thanks Raven, and I feel for you. It's a real b**ch to go through.

Never would have thought that until I experienced it myself.

Raven, feel free to PM me at anytime :yes:

Edited by pallidin

However fear is there for a reason, it keeps us alive. Well it helps anyway.

I think so too.

I think messing with something like this could bring about some terrible repercussions. For example, removing the "fear" of taking another person's life - This kind of drug in the wrong hands could prove to be very dangerous. :unsure2:

Courage is not being without fear. Courage is being afraid but doing what is necessary anyway. One percent of the population is hard wired not to feel terror. They lack the ability to be terrified. It comes in handy for soldiers and cops and race car drivers and firemen that face terror on a regular basis. They are normal people, they just seem fearless because they are able to keep a cool head when no one else seems to be able to. They give medals to courageous people not to foolish people.

Edited by Oen Anderson