Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Anu or Aunu People of Egypt

The_Spartan

While searching the net for Pre-Dynastic Egypt related stuff, i came across a mention of "The Anu People" or "The Aunu People".

In the book "Making of Egypt" British Egyptologist W.M. Flinders Petrie, refers

Petrie, The Making of Egypt, 1939

Page 68

"The Aunu People. Besides these types, belonging to the north and east, There is the aboriginal race of the Anu, or Aunu, people (written with three pillars), who became a part of the historic inhabitants. The subject ramifies too doubtfully if we include all single-pillar names, but looking for the Aunu, written with the three pillars, we find that they occupied Southern Egypt and Nubia, and the name is also applied in Sinai and Libya.

As to the Southern Egyptians, we have the most essential document, a portrait of a chief, Tera-neter, roughly modeled in relief in green glazed faience, found in the early temple at Abydos. Preceding his name, his address is given on this earliest of visiting cards, "Palace of the Aunu in Hermen city, Tera-neter." Hemen was the name of the god of Tuphium (Lanz., Dict, 544), 13 miles south of Luqsor. Erment, opposite to it, was the place of Aunu of the south, Aunu Menti. The next place in the south is Aunti (Gebeleyn), and beyond that Aunyt-seni (Esneh).

The chief peculiarity of the figure is the droop of the chin; this is caused by a slanting jaw with short ramus. The same type of jaw is seen in the ivory king from Abydos, and moreover, the Scorpion king who preceded Nar-mer.

These figures are, then, the precious portraits remaining of the native pre-Menite kings of the south, and they are of a type certainly different from the dynastic type of the square-jawed Nar-mer (Mena) and his follows.

The difference of the slope of jaw in the Aunu people was illustrated by our researchers in the cemetery at Tarkhan. In dealing with the remains, the jaws were all photographed in position, and they show two groups of the slope of the lower edge as 20 and 28 to the horizontal.

Now we can go a step further. On the big mace-head of the Scorpion king there are carved the standard figured. These emblems of Min and Set, with rekhyt plovers handing from them. The rekhytu people, however, were the special care of the dynastic race, protected by Aha and by Thetu. They were an organized rank ruled by a mayor in the Vth and VIth dynasties. The Scorpion king was, then, an enemy of the dynastic falcon, Horus.

As we find the Aunu strong in the south, but the rekhytu strong in the north, it seems that the rekhytu came in with the dynastic invasion, entering the Nile valley at Koptos. Those who went south were attacked by the Aunu, and those going north founded a base at Heliopolis (Syro-Egypt, 2).

The heads on pl. XXXVIII are arranges to show the difference of type between the Aunu; the dynastic people, the 1st dynasty in Sinai, the IInd dynasty, Khosekhem; the IIIrd dynasty, Sudany, Sanekht, and Zeser."

More on the same from the webpage.

Below is a photograph of a "Tera-neter"

tera-neter.jpg

The "Tera-neter" tile is predynastic being found by British Egyptologist W.M. Flinders Petrie (1853-1942) in the early temple at Abydos underneath the dynastic temple. The figure is on a green glazed faience. Petrie, famously known as "The Father of Pre-history". Petrie, excavations at Nagada and Ballas in Upper Egypt nearly 100 years ago unearth nearly 2200 ancient graves. He wrote over a thousand books, articles and reviews reporting on his excavations and his finds.

Throw some more light on these people, would you folks?

Well I have never before heard of these people. Instead of looking at the slope of the jaw that tells us in fact very little, I personally would look to something much more obvious and telling:

Ths disporportionately large head. This is to be seen throughout the ancient world and has never been satisfactorily explained or dealt with by archeaology. It purports may things, that I am sure with a little reflection you can work out for yourselves.

This is where the telling explanations of ancient history lie.

Think: What physical feature of the human complex do the Gods actually need be more evolved? Do they want us to be taller? Bigger muscles? Large genitalia? Sorry to be crude, but on reflection it makes pefect sense that if they want heads to grow, then they are going to send visitors down here that are like that to plant the seeds and make it happen?

When the pollen is ready, the bee arrives.

Thanks for the input.

But,

I asked for a explanation from the Scientific/Archaeological /Anthropological Point of Veiw, Not a Psuedo Point of View.

Thanks for the input.

But,

I asked for a explanation from the Scientific/Archaeological /Anthropological Point of Veiw, Not a Psuedo Point of View.

If you want the usual University dogma, then carry on the way you are. The best of luck to you, for all that nonsense has actually done anyone.

If on the other hand you are looking for explanations that tell about the human deal, the true trace of evolution, and the future, then you must look elsewhere.

So I make no apologies for my last post, I am just trying to open up your mind a little to other possibilities. Or perhaps you are happy with the same old pre-digested gruel dished up by modern institutions. The choice is yours.

Edited by zoser

I know you don't want opinions of lay people but just wanted to say nice find. One thing on the name Tera Neter, does Tera mean earth as I understand Neter means divine or spirit. You would no more than me but you have ingnited my curiousity a bit and I will be looking into these guys.

I know you don't want opinions of lay people but just wanted to say nice find. One thing on the name Tera Neter, does Tera mean earth as I understand Neter means divine or spirit. You would no more than me but you have ingnited my curiousity a bit and I will be looking into these guys.

No. Not to say a Nice find.

I have been reading up on Ancient Egypt for 2 years, but i have never ever heard of the Anu/Auru people till now. They piqued my curiosity and i want to learn more on them.

What i have looked up - some have used the Anu/Aunu for Afro-Centric propaganda, not from a Archaeological or anthropological aspect.

I am wondering where i can get hands on some texts/books by Flinders Petrie & Abbe Émile Amélineau.

I do want a debate or sharing of information, but on Archaeological/Anthropological point of view.

Sorry, Zoser - I don't want pseudo or what if based speculation.

I see what you mean about the afrocentrism but here are a couple of quotes from ancient sources and some not so ancient regarding them.

The Egyptians are colonists sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris having been the leader of the colony. . . . Osiris . . . . gathered together a great army, with the intention of visiting all the inhabited lands and teaching the race race of men how to cultivate . . . . for he suppsed that if he made men give up their savagery and adopt a gentle manner of life he would receive immortal honors. . . . . They were the earliest, and say that the proofs of this are clear. That they did not arrive as immigrants but are the natives of the country and therefore rightly are called authochthonous is almost universally accepted. That those who live in the south are likely to be the first engendered by the earth is obvious to all . . . .They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifes among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity.”

--Diodorus, 1st Century BCE

“These Anu [Ethiopians] were agricultural people, raising cattle on a large scale along the Nile, shutting themselves up in walled cities for defensive purposes. To this people we can attribute without fear of error, the most ancient Egyptian books, The Book of The Dead and the Text of the Pyramids, consequently all the myths of religious teachings. I would add almost all the philospohical systems then known and still called Egyptian. They evidently knew the crafts necessary for any civilization and were familiar with the tools those trades required. They knew how to use metals . . . They made the earliest attempts at writing, for the whole Egyptian tradition attributes this art to Thoth, the great Hermes, an Anu like Osiris, who is called Onian in chapter fifteen of The Book of the Dead and in the Texts of the Pyramids. Certainly the people already knew the principal arts; it left proof of this in the architecture of the tombs at Abydos, especially the tomb of Osiris, and in those sepulchres objects have been found bearing the unmistakeable stamp of their origin - such as carved ivory . . . . All those cities [Ant, Annu Menti, Aunti, Aunyt-Seni today called Esneh, Erment, Quoch, and Heliopolis] have the characteristic symbol which serves to denote the name Anu”

--Abbe Emile Amelineau 1850-1916 CE

“Once again we must turn to Amelineau for it was he that discovered the tomb of Osiris at Abydos . . . [and] the head of Osiris found in a jar in the necropolis of Abydos. Because of this discovery Osiris could no longer be considered a mythical hero. The magnitude of this discovery cannot be stressed enough. . . ”

--Wayne Chandler, Of Gods and Men: Egypt’s Old Kingdom, 1989

“He who is between the thighs of Nut (Goddess of sky and heaven) is the Pygmy who danceth like the god and who pleaseth the heart of the god before his great throne.”

--Pyramid Text of Pepi I, 6th Dynasty, 2300 BCE “The High Priest Tera Neter of the Temples of the God Seth of the Cities of the Anu Peoples” -- Inscription on Tera Neter tile dating around 3100 BCE at a temple at Aabdju (Abydos) in Ta-Seti (Upper Egypt)

“Thou hast said in this thy letter, that thou has brought a dancing dwarf of the god from the land of spirits, like the dwarf which the treasurer of the god Burded [ba-Wex-Djed, Chancellor of the Divine Seals of King Isosi] brought from Punt in the time of Isesi . . . . Come northward to the court immediately; . . . thou shalt bring this dwarf with thee, which thou bringest living, prosperous and healthy from the land of spirits, for the dances of the god, to rejoice and [gladden] the heart of the king of Upper and Lower Egypt, Neferkare, who lives forever. . . . My majesty desires to see this dwarf more than the gifts of Sinai and of Punt. If thou arrivest at court this dwarf being with thee alive, prosperous and healthy, my majesty will do for thee a greater thing than that which was done for the treasurer of the god Burded in the time of Isesi, according to the heart’s desire of my majesty to see the dwarf.”

-- Inscription from the Tomb of Prince Harkhuf from reign of Pepi II 2250 BCE

I'm not in a position to verify any of that nor am I saying it is true but maybe some of the experts can give opinions on these excerpts.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=55043

I see what you mean about the afrocentrism but here are a couple of quotes from ancient sources and some not so ancient regarding them.

The Egyptians are colonists sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris having been the leader of the colony. . . . Osiris . . . . gathered together a great army, with the intention of visiting all the inhabited lands and teaching the race race of men how to cultivate . . . . for he suppsed that if he made men give up their savagery and adopt a gentle manner of life he would receive immortal honors. . . . . They were the earliest, and say that the proofs of this are clear. That they did not arrive as immigrants but are the natives of the country and therefore rightly are called authochthonous is almost universally accepted. That those who live in the south are likely to be the first engendered by the earth is obvious to all . . . .They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifes among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity.”

--Diodorus, 1st Century BCE

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=55043

The site linked is of course an Afro-centric propaganda site.

I got curious and searched the complete Bibliotheca historica available at

Diodorus Siculus - The Library of History

Whew!!

I read it and i am floored.

read this link which is for the 1st volume of the Bibiotheca Historia, concerning "Egypt: the origin of the world and of civilized life: the gods, the first men."

And of the ancient Greek writers of mythology some give to Osiris the name Dionysus or, with a slight change in form, Sirius.
Osiris, they say, was also interested in agriculture and was reared in Nysa, a city of Arabia Felix near Egypt, being a son of Zeus; and the name which he bears among the Greeks is derived both from his father and from the birthplace, since he is called Dionysus.34
Of Osiris they say that, being of a beneficent turn of mind, and eager for glory, he gathered together a great army, with the intention of visiting all the inhabited earth and teaching the race of men how to cultivate the vine and sow wheat and barley; 2 for he supposed that if he made men give up their savagery and adopt a gentle manner of life he would receive immortal honours because of the magnitude of his benefactions. And this did in fact take place, since not only the men of his time who received his gift, but all succeeding generations as well, because of the delight which they take in the foods which were discovered, have honoured those who introduced them as gods most illustrious.
3 Now after Osiris had established the affairs of Egypt and turned the supreme power over to Isis his wife, they say that he placed Hermes at her side as counsellor because his prudence raised him above the king's other friends, and as general of all the land under his sway he left Heracles, who was both his kinsman and renowned for his valour and physical strength, while as governors he appointed Busiris over those parts of Egypt which lie towards Phoenicia and border upon the sea and Antaeus over those adjoining Ethiopia and Libya; then he p57himself left Egypt with his army to make his campaign, taking in his company also his brother, whom the Greeks call Apollo. 4 And it was Apollo, they say, who discovered the laurel, a garland of which all men place about the head of this god above all others. The discovery of ivy is also attributed to Osiris by the Egyptians and made sacred to this god, just as the Greeks also do in the case of Dionysus. 5 And in the Egyptian language, they say, the ivy is called the "plant of Osiris" and for purposes of dedication is preferred to the vine, since the latter sheds its leaves while the former ever remains green; the same rule, moreover, the ancients have followed in the case of other plants also which are perennially green, ascribing, for instance, the myrtle to Aphroditê and the laurel to Apollo.

The above passages from the Biblothetica Historia is contrary to what is written in the rastafarian propaganda website.

secondly,

Hmmmm....though we should thank Diodorus Siculus for writing down the History...the above passages reek of Ancient Pseudo-History by an Ancient Historian. Seems like he made up his own history mixing a lot of things up.

seriously - the Mixing of Egyptian, Greek and other Mythology - had me all conked out. osiris is related to Heracles & Appollo , had dealing with Hermes, etc etc... :w00t:

faint.gif

Edited by The Spartan

Seems like he made up his own history mixing a lot of things up.

seriously - the Mixing of Egyptian, Greek and other Mythology - had me all conked out. osiris is related to Heracles & Appollo , had dealing with Hermes, etc etc... :w00t:

No Nibblers involved? The Guild must be slipping...

Spartan,

I remember hearing long ago that the Anu, were a tribe supposedly in and around Japan (Korea also) long before the peoples from China migrated to Japan and Korea ~ supported by both Japan's and Korea's use of old style Kanji,a Japanese term for the sophisticated ideograms from China.

Korea officially changed to their written style from the Chinese Hanja, to their own alphabet Hangeul, typified by the those little circles in the writing in the mid 1400's which then had a ride much like an elevator due to politics, invasions, and the Japanese annexing them in 1910.

Anyway, Check this out for "Interesting Theories 103C:

A number of scientists and linguists have determined that the Japanese language is primarily of West and East African origins. That was the conclusion of the former President of Senegal and a number of others. See http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/links_to_japanese_and_african_la.htm http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/links_to_Japanese_and_african_la.htm

The Korean language also maps to the languages found in Calabar, the Sourth-eastern state of Nigeria. As far as the Chinese language is concerned, it too is said to have originated in the Manding-Kongo speaking regions of Africa which is spread from Senegal to Sudan. In fact, certain ethnic groups in Sudan and parts of West Africa still have names that sound identical to Chinese names.

Most names that sound like Korean or Japanese are found in Calabar or from Southern Somalia to Mozambique. One would ask why? how? when? what??

According to scientists, while today's Japan is overwhelmingly Asiatic and of Mongolian East Asian type, in prehistoric times Japan was inhabited to two Negroid groups who originally came from Africa and began migrating to East Asia earlier than about 100,000 BC.

Documentation for the presence of Africans in Japan dates back to the time of the Anu and before. Ancient Nubian-Kushite (Sudanese), Ethiopian, East African and Egyptian books (such as THE BOOK OF ANI) mentions that the Anu, a Black aboriginal people of the Sahara migrated to Japan over 10,000 years ago after a long war with another group of Black Africans living in what is today Egypt. The Anu's descendents in Africa today are called Anuak and Tibbou, both resemble Australian Aboriginals (who they are related to). According to ancient texts, the Anu settled from India to Japan after they migrated to Japan.

The second group of Blacks in Japan were the Negritoes/Melanesians. That group migrated from East Africa as early as 100,000 BC and continuously untill about 2000 BC. The Foreign Minister of Papua New Guinea and the Fijian Representative to Los Angeles both made that point ( see "A History of the African-Olmecs," and 'Susu Economics," both at AuthorHouse and Barnes and Noble ) also at http://community.webtv.net/pabarton

The Melanesians and other Negroids settled in the southern half of Japan's island chain. The Anu settled in the northern parts. There were also Black Anu in Southern China, Indo-China (which is why the term 'Indo' (as in India) is used...the Anu and East Indian Indo-Negroids both being from Africa ). Melanesian and Oceanic Negroids have been in China itself as early as 50,000 BC and much earlier.

THE 'BAK' PEOPLES OF CENTRAL AFRICA

Another group of Africans who migrated to East Asia were the Bak groups. These were 'dimunitive' or small-stature Blacks (compared to most American and West African, East African Blacks who average five feet, eight inches to six feet two inches). The Bak came first from Central Africa. They migrated to Sudan, then to Egypt and to Mesopotamia. From Mesopotamia, the Bak made a number of migrations to East Asia. The first was about 10,000 BC. The last was about 2800 BC when Hu Na Kunte settled the Loh River Valley with a number of Black Mesopotamian families (see "African Presence in Early Asia," pub. by www.AuthorHouse.com also see www.stewartsynopsis.com )

WHY THE JAPANESE AND KOREANS, CHINESE ARE LIGHTSKINNED AND STRAIGHTHAIRED, ECT?

During a symposium about languages and their origins that question was asked. Well its like asking why are the Indians of Mexico or Peru speaking Spanish and they are not white Spanish people. The answer has to be that when the Spanish arrived, they taught their language to the Indians.

In like manner, ancient Japan, Korea and Southern China/Indo China had large Black/Negroid populations who were sedentary agriculturists. Migrations of Asiatic peoples originating in Siberia and Mongolia moved southward during many migrations after the Ice Age and up to the time of Ghengis Khan. In fact, the Black SE Asian kingdoms of Ankghor, Funan, Chenla were all fallen after the Mongols swept through Central China and Mongolia. The Hmong who live in SE Asia are there due to these upheavals. The ancient Blacks moved to the hills or the remote areas, where some still live today. ( see http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/runoko.html ) www.cwo.com/~lucumi/runoko.html ) also see http://community.webtv.net/nubianem

The migration of Koreans and mainland Asians from China about 1000 BC and afterwards added to the lightening of the complexion of the original Negroid and Polynesian-Negroid people of Japan and Okinawa. After about three thousand years, one hardly finds a trace of Negroid color in many Japanese. Yet, what does one find, the face, the language, the customs of the Japanese still resemble the Africans of southern Nigeria and East Africa.

http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/japanforum/viewtopic.php?t=338

Edited by StarLord

Starlord, you are talking about the AINU, and that's not the ANU.

Edited by Abramelin

I am awaiting the post that says.... "It's the Annunakï !!! "

Starlord, you are talking about the AINU, and that's not the ANU.

Understood. Sorry, typo. My first paragraph should read:

""I remember hearing long ago that the Ainu, were a tribe supposedly in and around Japan (Korea also) long before the peoples from China migrated to Japan and Korea ~ supported by both Japan's and Korea's use of old style Kanji,a Japanese term for the sophisticated ideograms from China.

Korea officially changed to their written style from the Chinese Hanja, to their own alphabet Hangeul, typified by the those little circles in the writing in the mid 1400's which then had a ride much like an elevator due to politics, invasions, and the Japanese annexing them in 1910.""

Thanks for the eagle eye Abramelin!

But there begins my confusion, I had never heard that specific theory before:

""In fact the ancestors of the 'Ainu' people (who today look like a Mongoloid/Caucasoid' mixed race -- WAS AFRICA AND THEY ARE DIRECTLY FROM THE BLACK 'Anu' of the Sahara."

The original people of Japan were Blacks similar in appearance to Africans, Negritoes and Melanesians (that type was found in parts of Japan as recently as the late 1800's).

In fact the ancestors of the 'Ainu' people (who today look like a Mongoloid/Caucasoid' mixed race -- WAS AFRICA AND THEY ARE DIRECTLY FROM THE BLACK 'Anu' of the Sahara. The Anu were one branch of the Black people who lived in the Sahara as early as 100,000 B.C. This group began migrating in ships to East Asia about 30,000 years ago. The first migrations of blacks to Asia began over 100,000 years ago. The 'Anuak' and 'Tibbou' as well as Aboriginal Australians are relates of the Anu who settled much of Asia in prehistoric times.

Chinese and Japanese are direct descendents of the Black 'Kong-San' people (who carry the cDe gene and are short-statured, with 'Mongoloid' features, but African hair and african genes).

In regards to the Japanese language. It is similar to hte languages spoken in Ghana, parts of Nigeria and parts of East Africa. What is 'box' in Swahili? It is 'Sanduku.' What is 'box' in Japanese.

Look at the suffix of most East African and West African workds -- they are identical to Japanese words. Prefixes are also similar.

Today's Japanese are mainly of Mongoloid and Yayoi as well as Korean origins. The original people of Japan according to some historians/scientists were Negroids, similar to Africans, Melanesiand and Negritoes.

JAPANESE LANGUAGE AND AFRICAN ORIGINS

www.stewartsynopsis.com/links_to_japane ... can_la.htm

http://forum.japantoday.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=974272

Edited by StarLord

Understood. Sorry, typo. My first paragraph should read:

""I remember hearing long ago that the Ainu, were a tribe supposedly in and around Japan (Korea also) long before the peoples from China migrated to Japan and Korea ~ supported by both Japan's and Korea's use of old style Kanji,a Japanese term for the sophisticated ideograms from China.

Korea officially changed to their written style from the Chinese Hanja, to their own alphabet Hangeul, typified by the those little circles in the writing in the mid 1400's which then had a ride much like an elevator due to politics, invasions, and the Japanese annexing them in 1910.""

Thanks for the eagle eye Abramelin!

But there begins my confusion, I had never heard that specific theory before:

""In fact the ancestors of the 'Ainu' people (who today look like a Mongoloid/Caucasoid' mixed race -- WAS AFRICA AND THEY ARE DIRECTLY FROM THE BLACK 'Anu' of the Sahara."

The original people of Japan were Blacks similar in appearance to Africans, Negritoes and Melanesians (that type was found in parts of Japan as recently as the late 1800's).

In fact the ancestors of the 'Ainu' people (who today look like a Mongoloid/Caucasoid' mixed race -- WAS AFRICA AND THEY ARE DIRECTLY FROM THE BLACK 'Anu' of the Sahara. The Anu were one branch of the Black people who lived in the Sahara as early as 100,000 B.C. This group began migrating in ships to East Asia about 30,000 years ago. The first migrations of blacks to Asia began over 100,000 years ago. The 'Anuak' and 'Tibbou' as well as Aboriginal Australians are relates of the Anu who settled much of Asia in prehistoric times.

Chinese and Japanese are direct descendents of the Black 'Kong-San' people (who carry the cDe gene and are short-statured, with 'Mongoloid' features, but African hair and african genes).

In regards to the Japanese language. It is similar to hte languages spoken in Ghana, parts of Nigeria and parts of East Africa. What is 'box' in Swahili? It is 'Sanduku.' What is 'box' in Japanese.

Look at the suffix of most East African and West African workds -- they are identical to Japanese words. Prefixes are also similar.

Today's Japanese are mainly of Mongoloid and Yayoi as well as Korean origins. The original people of Japan according to some historians/scientists were Negroids, similar to Africans, Melanesiand and Negritoes.

JAPANESE LANGUAGE AND AFRICAN ORIGINS

www.stewartsynopsis.com/links_to_japane ... can_la.htm

http://forum.japanto...p?f=28&t=974272

You are definatively on the wrong track here.

Do not just believe the things you find on the internet.

Use your fcking brains, INVESTIGATE, SEARCH....

Check what you find, Google till you die, but don't give up, try again.

Check sites that contradict your beliefs and convictions.

THAT is the way of the Skeptic.

It's not "believers" that gave us oil, electricity, internet, telephone, movies, space travel, and so on.

It´s those who went further than any Bible thumper was willing to go.

Edited by Abramelin

You are definatively on the wrong track here.

Do not just believe the things you find on the internet.

Use your fcking brains, INVESTIGATE, SEARCH....

Check what you find, Google till you die, but don't give up, try again.

Check sites that contradict your beliefs and convictions.

THAT is the way of the Skeptic.

It's not "believers" that gave us oil, electricity, internet, telephone, movies, space travel, and so on.

It´s those who went further than any Bible thumper was willing to go.

That could be a skeptic mantra. Follow all those things but I think Starlords theory holds up.

Europe was in the grip of an ice age from when. Africa was vast plains abundant in life with lakes and great forests. It seems perfectly logical that the migratory route would be west to east and indeed evidence shows that there was a vast culture in Asia, much of it dominated by a negroid people who then split off into the mongoloid branch.

Do you think these people were still rubbing sticks together for fire or had they developed a sophisticated enough culture for agriculure and colonization? It seems like a good place to start and in a way reflects the myth of Set and Osiris as the black and the red men being at war before being unified or the latter suppressed. Maybe not but pre dynastic Egypt is never easy to pin down and is more complex than I can comprehend.

I recognize there are lingual similarities of words but that this should not be treated as good evidence and still what archeology there is points to much more cross cultural interaction than is commonly accepted. If the Ta Seti or Aunu were sea faring then it makes colonization of China and Japan and Australia far more feasable. Surely genetics would hold the answers needed to prove these claims and maybe they will be forthcoming maybe not.

That could be a skeptic mantra. Follow all those things but I think Starlords theory holds up.

Europe was in the grip of an ice age from when. Africa was vast plains abundant in life with lakes and great forests. It seems perfectly logical that the migratory route would be west to east and indeed evidence shows that there was a vast culture in Asia, much of it dominated by a negroid people who then split off into the mongoloid branch.

Do you think these people were still rubbing sticks together for fire or had they developed a sophisticated enough culture for agriculure and colonization? It seems like a good place to start and in a way reflects the myth of Set and Osiris as the black and the red men being at war before being unified or the latter suppressed. Maybe not but pre dynastic Egypt is never easy to pin down and is more complex than I can comprehend.

I recognize there are lingual similarities of words but that this should not be treated as good evidence and still what archeology there is points to much more cross cultural interaction than is commonly accepted. If the Ta Seti or Aunu were sea faring then it makes colonization of China and Japan and Australia far more feasable. Surely genetics would hold the answers needed to prove these claims and maybe they will be forthcoming maybe not.

No, Starlord was WRONG:

Just accept he was wrong, it won´t kill you.

Lingual similarities?? That is kid´s play, come on........

You are not a linguist, and I am not either. You are grasping at straws to prove your crazy ideas.

Jim, you are not a kid, don´t continue with this, or you will resemble the next idiot, and I know you are not.

No, Starlord was WRONG:

Just accept he was wrong, it won´t kill you.

Lingual similarities?? That is kid´s play, come on........

You are not a linguist, and I am not either. You are grasping at straws to prove your crazy ideas.

Jim, you are not a kid, don´t continue with this, or you will resemble the next idiot, and I know you are not.

Like I said it's a starting point. Sadly the afrocentrism discredits most of the theoires but I am sure I will find something to support the basic principle of black colonization of Asia. The whole Aunu - On thing is interesting and you are correct about Denderah I think. I shall leave of the linguistics for a while... stuff gives me a headache anyway.

The geographic landscape is what I'd like to know more about. Particularly prior to 10,000bce in Asia and Africa.

Linguistics is for linguistics, and neither you or I are one of them. We both just play along, with no real knowledge of the subject at hand.

Accept that you don't know **** about the topic, and someone more knowledgable then the two of us will show up, and explain where we went wrong.

JAYLEMURPH, where the hell are you hanging out?? WE NEED YOU HERE.

Don't be grumpy, we all here try to learn, just post your view on all this bs, ok?

Edited by Abramelin

Not within the timeframe StarLord posted, c. 100,000 BP. That DOES NOT make him entirely wrong, though. Based on the evidence from genetics via the Y Chromosomal and mtDNA phylogenetic trees, humans were originally believed to have (successfully) migrated OOA between 50,000 BP and 70,000 BP. Recent evidence suggests the date was closer to the latter, but definitely NOT 100,000 BP. That the original migrants would have been black at that time is really not in question, as the gene that triggers white skin shows up c. 50,000 BP. The only thing that appears to fall short is the linguistics angle of the Japanese/Ainu of, say, the last 10000 years and the African migration into Asia c. 70,000 BP. That's really quite a large stretch for a linguistics connection, IMO. If that is the only evidence, then it would fail.

cormac

Abramelin,

Mate, don't shoot the messenger. It's not MY article, which is WHY I left links of where I found them. Remember the Theory 103C part? I was asking a question as whether or not anyone had come across the claim that the Anu and the Ainu were one in the same ancestor AND having to do with being in Japan before the ancient Japanese folks descended. I'm not dead set on believing anything in any direction. It's all about right information, right?

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=Ainu+people+of+japan&btnG=Google+Search

Some of those pics look a bit like Samoan. Not all Samoan have kinky hair.

Then I started to see if I could find any links between Ainu and the Anu...

As far as linguistics go, are there any of the African possibilities listed that still have similar words likes these?:

http://www.ainu-museum.or.jp/english/eng14.html

Hmmm, Here's this:

Physical Traits of the Ainu

Looking at the skeletal and cranial remains of the ancestors of the Ainu on Hokkaido, they most closely resemble the Jomon people. The Ainu of today are partially descended from Jomon, and from the Jomon-Yayoi mixture of the Emishi people.

Also on Suite101

Prehistoric Japan – the Jomon Culture

Around 10,000 B.C.E. the Jomon culture developed in Japan, which became isolated from the Ice Age land bridge to Eurasia.

The Ainu were tested for DNA and proved to be of the Y-DNA haplogroup D, which is common to the people of Tibet and the Andaman Islands. According to Tajima et al., "About one in eight Ainu men have been found to belong to Haplogroup C3, which is the most common Y-chromosome haplogroup among the indigenous populations of the Russian Far East and Mongolia. Some researchers have speculated that this minority of Haplogroup C3 carriers among the Ainu may reflect a certain degree of unidirectional genetic influence from the Nivkhs, with whom the Ainu have long-standing cultural interactions." As for the lineage of the mother, Tanaka describes mitochondrial DNA as mainly from haplogroup Y (21.6 percent) and haplogroup M7a (15.7 percent).

The Emishi rode horses in warfare and utilized guerilla tactics to surprise the enemy which proved very successful in fending off the greater numbers of Japanese Yayoi. The Japanese learned to employ Emishi tactics in warfare which eventually gave the Japanese the advantage in the Tohoku region of northeastern Japan. The Emishi had succeeded in planting themselves on the island of Hokkaido, however, and remained a distinct admixture of Jomon and Yayoi culture.

The languages of the Ainu and the Emishi are an isolate, not related to any other known language and unrelated to the Japanese language. Both the Ainu and the Emishi were described by Japanese and Chinese historians as being a hairy people with hair on their torsos, arms and with beards, making their appearance contrasted from the Japanese descendents of the Yayoi people.

Read more at Suite101: Origins of the Ainu People of Northern Japan: Were They Descended from the Ancient Jomon People? http://cultural-anthropology.suite101.com/article.cfm/origins_of_the_ainu_people_of_northern_japan#ixzz0sC31uwEf

Edited by StarLord

Not within the timeframe StarLord posted, c. 100,000 BP. That DOES NOT make him entirely wrong, though. Based on the evidence from genetics via the Y Chromosomal and mtDNA phylogenetic trees, humans were originally believed to have (successfully) migrated OOA between 50,000 BP and 70,000 BP. Recent evidence suggests the date was closer to the latter, but definitely NOT 100,000 BP. That the original migrants would have been black at that time is really not in question, as the gene that triggers white skin shows up c. 50,000 BP. The only thing that appears to fall short is the linguistics angle of the Japanese/Ainu of, say, the last 10000 years and the African migration into Asia c. 70,000 BP. That's really quite a large stretch for a linguistics connection, IMO. If that is the only evidence, then it would fail.

cormac

I see what you mean Cormac, the 100,000BP date doesn't fit with what I had found either but is still quite a puzzle. I am definitely gonna have my hands full getting up to speed on certain things. I shall retire from making lingual connections but before I do here is a link to an article by Gene Matlock. I am starting to see what you guys tell me all the time and even if I see a connection I won't be mentioning it without an authoritative source in the future. Before that though lets go out with a bang.

http://www.theorionzone.com/matlock_hopis_and_mayans.htm

Sure it is a bit much alright it is brimming with illinformed and illconceived speculations but that is the stuff that is out there and unless one takes a moderately skeptical approach one will be entrenched in a quagmire of pointless conjecture. I have been there and am trying to drag myself out by my bootstraps.

Hopin to make amends for my shody last link here is a decent one.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Recent_single-origin_hypothesis

According to the Recent African Origin hypothesis a small group of the L3 bearers living in East AfricaEast Africa

East Africa or Eastern Africa is the easterly region of the African continent, variably defined by geography or geopolitics. In the UN scheme of geographic regions, 19 territories constitute Eastern Africa:...

migrated north east, possibly searching for food or escaping climate changes, crossing the Red SeaRed Sea

The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia. The connection to the ocean is in the south through the Bab el Mandeb strait and the Gulf of Aden. In the north, there is the Sinai Peninsula, the Gulf of Aqaba, and the Gulf of Suez,...

about 70 millennia ago, and in the process going on to populate the rest of the world.

Around 50,000 years ago the world was entering the last ice age and water was trapped in the polar ice caps, so sea levels were much lower. Today at the Gate of GriefBab-el-Mandeb

The Bab-el-Mandeb meaning "Gate of Tears" in Arabic , is a strait located between Yemen on the Arabian Peninsula and Djibouti and Eritrea, north of Somalia in the Horn of Africa, and connecting the Red Sea to the Gulf of Aden...

the Red Sea is about 12 miles (20 kilometres) wide but 50,000 years ago it was much narrower and sea levels were 70 metres lower. Though the straits were never completely closed, there may have been islands in between which could be reached by simple rafts. Shell middens 125,000 years old indicate that the diet of early humans in EritreaEritrea

Eritrea , officially the State of Eritrea, is a country in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Sudan in the west, Ethiopia in the south, and Djibouti in the southeast. The east and northeast of the country have an extensive coastline on the Red Sea, directly across from Saudi Arabia and Yemen...

included sea food obtained by beachcombingBeachcombing

Beachcombing and Beachcomber are words with multiple, but related, meanings that have evolved over time.A beachcomber is someone who "combs" the beach, and the intertidal zone in general, looking for things of value, interest or utility....

. This has been seen as evidence that humans may have crossed the Red Sea in search of food sources on new beaches.

Some genetic evidence points to migrations out of Africa along two routes. However, other studies suggest that a single migration occurred, followed by rapid northern migration of a subset of the group. Once in West Asia, the people who remained south (or took the southern route) spread generation by generation around the coast of Arabia and Persia until they reached IndiaSouth Asian Stone Age

The South Asian Stone Age covers the Palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic periods in South Asia. In Mehrgarh, in what is today western Pakistan, the Neolithic begins ca. 7000 and lasts until 3300 BCE and the first beginnings of the Bronze Age...

. One of the groups that went north (east Asians were the second group) ventured inland and radiated to Europe, eventually displacing the Neanderthals. They also radiated to India from Central Asia. The former group headed along the southeast coast of Asia, reaching Australia between 55,000 and 30,000 years ago, with most estimates placing it about 46,000 to 41,000 years ago.

During that time, sea level was much lower and most of Maritime Southeast Asia was one land mass known as the lost continent of SundaSunda Shelf

Geologically, the Sunda Shelf is an extension of the continental shelf of Southeast Asia, covered during interglacials by the South China Sea, which isolates as islands Borneo, Sumatra Java and smaller islands. During glacial periods, the sea level falls, and great expanses of the Sunda Shelf are...

. The settlers probably continued on the coastal route southeast until they reached the series of straitStrait

A strait or straits is a narrow, navigable channel of water that connects two larger navigable bodies of water. It most commonly refers to a channel of water that lies between two land masses, but it may also refer to a navigable channel through a body of water that is otherwise not navigable, for...

s between Sunda and Sahul, the continental land mass that was made up of present-day Australia and New GuineaNew Guinea

New Guinea, located north of Australia, is the world's second largest island. It became separated from the Australian mainland when the area now known as the Torres Strait flooded after the last glacial period. The name Papua has long been associated with the island...

. The widest gaps are on the Weber Line and are at least 90 km wide, indicating that settlers had knowledge of seafaring skills. Archaic humans such as Homo erectus never reached Australia.

If these dates are correct, Australia was populated up to 10,000 years before Europe. This is possible because humans avoided the colder regions of the North favoring the warmer tropical regions to which they were adapted given their African homeland. Another piece of evidence favoring human occupation in Australia is that about 46,000 years ago, all large mammals weighing more than 100 kg suddenly became extinct. The new settlers were likely to be responsible for this extinction. Many of the animals may have been accustomed to living without predators and become docile and vulnerable to attack (as occurred later in the Americas).

While some settlers crossed into Australia, others may have continued eastwards along the coast of Sunda eventually turning northeast to ChinaChina

China is a cultural region, an ancient civilization, and, depending on perspective, a national or multinational entity extending over a large area in East Asia....

and finally reaching JapanJapan

is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of the Sea of Japan, People's Republic of China, North Korea, South Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea and Taiwan in the south...

, leaving a trail of coastal settlements. This coastal migration leaves its trail in the mitochondrial haplogroups descended from haplogroup MHaplogroup M (mtDNA)

In human mitochondrial genetics, Haplogroup M is a human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup. An enormous haplogroup spanning all the continents, the macro-haplogroup M, like its sibling N, is a descendant of haplogroup L3....

, and in Y-chromosomeHuman Y-chromosome DNA haplogroups

In human genetics, a Human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup is a haplogroup defined by differences in the non-recombining portions of DNA from the Y chromosome ....

haplogroup CHaplogroup C (Y-DNA)

In human genetics, Haplogroup C is a Y-chromosome haplogroup, defined by UEPs M130/RPS4Y711, M216, P184, P255, P260, which are all SNP mutations. It is a sibling clade of Haplogroup F, within the more ancient grouping of Haplogroup CF...

. Thereafter, it may have become necessary to venture inland possibly bringing modern humans into contact with archaic humans such as H. erectus. Recent genetic studies suggest that Australia and New Guinea were populated by one single migration from Asia as opposed to several waves. The land bridge connecting New Guinea and Australia became submerged approximately 8,000 years ago, thus isolating the populations of the two land masses.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Early_human_migrations

So Europe is one of the last regions to be colonized by modern man. I was reading how there was ancient ochre mining in South Africa and I know of a discovery called the Red Lady of Paviland that was covered in ochre. Many years separating the two but does such a similarity show migration of culture or is this the sort of thing that would establish itself independently? Just curious really but I am assuming this skeleton could not be caucasoid because they originate circa 10,000bce, is that right? What about mongoloids? I seem to recall they evolved around 20,000bce so does that mean my dates are wrong in which case please correct me or was this Red Lady likely of negroid origin? Would appreciate any clarification on this.

Like I said it's a starting point. Sadly the afrocentrism discredits most of the theoires but I am sure I will find something to support the basic principle of black colonization of Asia. The whole Aunu - On thing is interesting and you are correct about Denderah I think. I shall leave of the linguistics for a while... stuff gives me a headache anyway.

The geographic landscape is what I'd like to know more about. Particularly prior to 10,000bce in Asia and Africa.

Talk about afrocentrists. I've been checking into this thread for a couple of days now, and last night I spent quite awhile searching through my own library and even...ack!...the internet. I cannot find a single, reliable academic source about the Anu or Aunu of prehistoric Egypt. Instead, I seemed to trip over website after website after website of addled afrocentric twaddle, which is as equally pointless and vapid as addled eurocentric twaddle. Too many links lead me through the door to a forum called Egyptsearch, which I understand used to be pretty decent but is now little more than a scream-fest between afrocentrists and eurocentrits. Pointless.

I can't even find where this plaque of "Tera-Neter" is on display. Usually I'm able, at the very least, to track down the museum and learn more that way. Flinders Petrie did indeed spend some time digging at Abydos, where he made important discoveries, but this glazed plaque isn't an artifact with which I'm familiar.

Petrie was also never adept at translating hieroglyphs, a shortcoming to which he readily admitted, which is why he turned to people better equipped than he when this task was necessary. Unfortunately the glyphs on this little plaque are crudely inscribed and difficult to read, but I'm almost positive the name isn't even translated correctly. The tr and nTr glyphs are correct but the one between them--the tall, narrow glyph that's slightly curved--is difficult to make out. I am not sure how the translator arrived at "Anu" with the three-pillars glyph.

Altogether I question how this little plaque has been translated. It intrigues me, however. If we could just get past the drivel spewed by afrocentrists with their silly agendas, we might make sense of it. I'll keep digging, as it were.

Slim,

You're finally treading on firmer ground. Congratulations!

Just curious really but I am assuming this skeleton could not be caucasoid because they originate circa 10,000bce, is that right?

This would be in error, see below:

Although precise dating is impossible, several scientists speculated on the basis of its spread and variation that the mutation arose between 20,000 and 50,000 years ago. That would be consistent with research showing that a wave of ancestral humans migrated northward and eastward out of Africa about 50,000 years ago.

Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin

Since the "Red Lady of Paviland" dates to between c.26,000 BC and c.30,000 BP, IIRC, then it would appear likely IMO that HE was Caucasian.

I believe the general timeframe for Mongoloids is before c.22,000 BP.

cormac