Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Random Fact Of The Day

thefirstman

You're right @Golden Duck I'm not familiar, it's quite interesting, tbh. But at the end of the day, the tomato might be classed as a vegetable but in actuality it's a fruit.

Thanks all the same, though - you learn something everyday.

Tsutomu Yamagushi survived both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs. He was visiting Hiroshima when the first bomb dropped and then got home to Nagasaki in time for the next one. 

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

You're right @Golden Duck I'm not familiar, it's quite interesting, tbh. But at the end of the day, the tomato might be classed as a vegetable but in actuality it's a fruit.

If I have to be completely pendantic about it, and lets face it I do, then the banana is actually a berry. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

It's the same with eggplant, cucumber and capsicum.

It's the same everywhere that uses the Brussels Tariff or Harmonised System.  The idea is that commodities are classified by how they are used.

Yet plantains are classified as fruit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If I have to be completely pendantic about it, and lets face it I do, then the banana is actually a berry. :whistle:

The topic IS Your Random Fact Of The Day, not factoid of the day.

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 2:48 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

30,2 % of the Earths total mass is oxygen.

That surprises me.

Don Juan de Oñate, a man whose statues are scattered around the southwest U.S. and has high schools and streets named after him was a murderous reprobate that maimed and tortured people, including natives and his own soldiers out of fits of anger.  When he took his soldiers hunting for gold the colonists he was supposed to be govenor of packed up and went back to Mexico City.

Edited by Desertrat56

12 hours ago, Habitat said:

That surprises me.

The Earth is mainly made out of different oxides, such as quartz and iron oxide.

Free oxygen is only found in the atmosphere and because it is so reactive it can only exist because we have plants and micro organisms renewing it continously. 

Now for the random fact of the day:

The Mongolian empire is the largest contiguous empire in history. It was almost five times the size of the Roman empire.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Hobbit has been published in two editions. In the first edition, Gollum willingly bet on his ring in the riddle game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Continental plates drift at about the same rate as fingernails grow.

• Like 3

Liver and Onions is one of the most disgusting entrees in the World. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crocodiles are not able to stick their tongue out. It is attached to the bottom of the mouth by a membrane, so it can raise up to press food to the top of the mouth, but cannot move outside the mouth.

• Like 1