Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New tribe discovered in Papua New Guinea

Still Waters

I wish people never bothered tribes and just let them be. They probably live happier than anyone else.

Arch

Im already and have looked into lanaguages and whcih tribe specfically, and no I don't need to know their language a few basic things, but decent enough to get around, they can understand someone miming lol..they don't talk about politics and a lot of other crap..so I should catch on somewhat fast, for the fact I've studied other langauges as well. I will think around 6 months what I want to do, at least the first time, yes I want to do that because I want to learn from them ect..and you just can't get that here in the US..at least not what part Im in haha

Which tribe are you going to learn from. If you don't have one in mind, I suggest the Pirahã. They have no religion or anything and yet they can see spirits and stuff. They are in touch to who they are.

I remember back in the 70's a Tribe was found in the Phillipines, they had never met anyone outside and even lived through WW2 without getting bombed. They kept them secret for some time as they didn't want to screw them up. But alas it was a hoax, a good one, they found them sometime later wearing t-shirts and smoking cigareetes with filters. I don't remember their name as this is from memory.

I hope this isn't a hoax and I hope everyone leaves them alone.

Papua New Guinea is really an interesting place, so many new species of animals are being discovered there, and now a new tribe....fascinating island! :yes:

Fascinating until some fool has to go poking around and carry infectious disease that the tribe will likely be wiped out from.

why do i get the feeling some church in texas is booking flights there as we speak?

That's Right! They need mobile phones, a bible, credit cards, drugs, sugar, vaccines, processed food, and everything else the modern world can give them to be just like everyone else.

NOT!

Agreed, Leave them alone!

I wonder if this is the conversation aliens have when thinking about contacting us?

• 3 years later...

Details? Elaboration? Photos? That's basically my comment for every article on this site.. (the link is also expired)Cool site if you're into the whole brevity thing...

• Like 1

Details? Elaboration? Photos? That's basically my comment for every article on this site.. (the link is also expired)Cool site if you're into the whole brevity thing...

Closed, please don't necro post threads that haven't had a new post in nearly 4 years

• Like 1