Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious new crop circles

The circular 90m (300ft) design, believed to represent the passage of the Moon and Sun, contains 193 rings, including six key circles and a seventh in the centre.Crop circle expert Karen Alexander said: ‘This is the most complex circle so far this year.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Well -- the aerial photograph is most impressive.

What do others make of this?

Karlis

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• psyche101

• Oppono Astos

• Space Commander Travis

Magnificent! I'm impressed. :yes:

Yes, the two dimentional cube is very cool... and there are 205 circles, not 193.

But why does it have to be made by ET??

Since when was Warminster still the UFO capital of Britain - its the lazy reporting season...

Magnificent! I'm impressed. :yes:

You'd be less impressed if it was your crop that you'd worked all year to grow that was destroyed. Maybe.

You'd be less impressed if it was your crop that you'd worked all year to grow that was destroyed. Maybe.

Well, that was uncalled for. :no:

The photo is an impressive aerial view.

However, I hope they catch the vandals that did it and make them compensate the farmer for the damage and punish them with whatever laws they have to do so. :angry2:

As for your catty comment it is not impressive. :wacko:

Whoever is making those should really start a kaleidoscope business.

It is art in crops and most likely not aliens. Whoever these guys are they have had a lot of practice at it and probably have their technique down. Catching them would be hard depending on how fast it takes to make one of those. If it is well choreographed, then it might take only an hour or two.

Why can't it be aliens?

Hmmm - could it be because all crop circles are hoaxes and vandalism by humans? :innocent:

Karlis

This gives rise to some interesting conflicting views:

Yes, the two dimentional cube is very cool... and there are 205 circles, not 193.

But why does it have to be made by ET??

Quite right, it doesn't have to be made by ET, but the makers are as yet unknown. So I don't know if one can say

Pretty nice. But it's not done by aliens (maybe illegal ones).

with that much certainty either. I think saying that "it's not aliens" without any proof of who it is is not a very scientific way of approaching it. If we had any solid proof of who has made it, or that the people who claim to make them can in fact do so, I don't know if we can close the matter completely yet.

:o

Edited by 747400

Why can't it be aliens?

First, we'd have to demonstrate that ET has indeed visited the Earth. Next, we'd have to demonstrate that said ETs are the ones making the crop circles. Quite a bit to do there I'd say.

First, we'd have to demonstrate that ET has indeed visited the Earth. Next, we'd have to demonstrate that said ETs are the ones making the crop circles. Quite a bit to do there I'd say.

And then said ET's would have to be arrested and punished and settle up a monster lawsuit for the damages they've caused farmers over the years. ;)

It does appear whoever did it was careful to only walk in the wheel tracks. I don't see any trails. That is impressive in itself.

False. Lack of evidence about something isn't evidence that it is impossible. I don't believe crop circles are of alien origin, but since I don't have proof that they aren't, I don't go imposing my thoughts on those who think they may be.

Cool one.

More importantly though - you guys see that blobfish linked on the bottom? I think I may have a new favorite animal! He's a soooo saaaaaaad Kirby :(

False. Lack of evidence about something isn't evidence that it is impossible. I don't believe crop circles are of alien origin, but since I don't have proof that they aren't, I don't go imposing my thoughts on those who think they may be.

But there is NO evidence to make us think that aliens are making them. There is however plenty of evidence of people making them. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

But there is NO evidence to make us think that aliens are making them. There is however plenty of evidence of people making them. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Plenty of evidence of people saying they make them; but the actual people who do make them seem remarkably coy about coming forward.

Edited by 747400

Plenty of evidence of people saying they make them; but the actual people who do make them seem remarkably coy about coming forward.

POLICE MAKE FIRST ARREST OVER CROP CIRCLES

By Cahal Milmo

The Independent

4 November 2000

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/Environment/2000-11/cropcircle041100.shtml

They have been a source of mystery and amusement to students of the bizarre for years, but yesterday crop circles attracted the attention of a new audience -- the long arm of the law.

A 29-year-old Wiltshire man last night became what is believed to be the first person in Britain to be accused of the novel crime of raiding a field and creating patterns out of flattened wheat.

Matthew Williams, of Bishops Cannings, near Devizes, was arrested after photographs allegedly showing him working with another man were sent anonymously to detectives.

He will appear before Devizes magistrates on Monday charged with causing criminal damage to an unspecified area of pasture near Marlborough in July this year.

The case threatens to blow the lid on what has long been believed to be the prime cause of crop circles -- well-equipped and highly adept hoaxers.

For years, fans of the paranormal had sought to explain the weird and wonderful patterns of interlinked circles, squares and diamonds as the work of aliens or freak weather conditions. But some crop circle creators have recently come forward to confess to their activities, carried out under cover of darkness using an array of ladders, tethered barrels and ropes to work "magic".

http://www.nhne.com/newsflashes/nfcropcirclearrest.html

Thats just one from the 41,000 google search hits for the term "arrested for making crop circles"

LOL at the comment on that website about the mothership.

It does appear whoever did it was careful to only walk in the wheel tracks. I don't see any trails. That is impressive in itself.

Two words: Tram lines. You don't need to be care full at all to walk in them. And if you look at the bottom photo below, there are track between some of the circles, but we don't know if that's old or from new people who went in it.

This is a pretty nice circle, but sadly you can tell that it's man made.

More pictures!

Mere-cropcircle-1.jpg

Mere-cropcircle-3.jpg

Edited by AlienDan

POLICE MAKE FIRST ARREST OVER CROP CIRCLES

By Cahal Milmo

The Independent

4 November 2000

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/Environment/2000-11/cropcircle041100.shtml

They have been a source of mystery and amusement to students of the bizarre for years, but yesterday crop circles attracted the attention of a new audience -- the long arm of the law.

A 29-year-old Wiltshire man last night became what is believed to be the first person in Britain to be accused of the novel crime of raiding a field and creating patterns out of flattened wheat.

Matthew Williams, of Bishops Cannings, near Devizes, was arrested after photographs allegedly showing him working with another man were sent anonymously to detectives.

He will appear before Devizes magistrates on Monday charged with causing criminal damage to an unspecified area of pasture near Marlborough in July this year.

The case threatens to blow the lid on what has long been believed to be the prime cause of crop circles -- well-equipped and highly adept hoaxers.

For years, fans of the paranormal had sought to explain the weird and wonderful patterns of interlinked circles, squares and diamonds as the work of aliens or freak weather conditions. But some crop circle creators have recently come forward to confess to their activities, carried out under cover of darkness using an array of ladders, tethered barrels and ropes to work "magic".

http://www.nhne.com/newsflashes/nfcropcirclearrest.html

Thats just one from the 41,000 google search hits for the term "arrested for making crop circles"

Well, let's see how wonderful the circle he made was. Anyone can knock up a rough circle with a bit of rope and a plank. But does he know about the Mandelbrot set, that's what I want to know. How long does it take to do these elaborate ones? Theys eem to be done remarkably quickly. How many people does it take? How come they're never seen actually in the act of doing it? How are they supervised? How do they manage to make sure they do it absolutely right first time? I wish these genii wouldn't be so coy and share their secrets with the rest of us.

But some things are more likely then others. For example, we know that it is not King Arthur, or Winston Churchhill out there making these circles, just as we can assume, due to the lack of evidence, that aliens did not do it either.