Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Faith

Druidus

I'm a Christian. I believe in God, and Jesus. The bible, however, is a different story. I don't doubt the entire thing, it's just that, it may be the word of God, but it was written by humans. And in a totally different language, so tons of stuff was probably lost in the translation. Plus, some of the stories were probably imbelished by preists to scare people, well, straight.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Nameless One

• Barnacle Battlefront

• BurnSide

• jpalz

I'm.. not sure what you could classify my beliefs as.

Polytheistic..

Belief that every thing has a spirit. Much like the beliefs of the native americans.

I also believe that the cures to everything, can be found in nature.. And I've studied herb(ology?)

I put every life form above my own.. I've risked my personal safety catching "dangerous" animals for relocation, instead of allowing Animal control to kll them.

From the age of 6, i was "Wiccan" (as is my father). Some of those beliefs stay with me, including the Rede.. But my over all view has changed.. I'm not sure if i can still be considered wiccan, or if it's grown into something stronger.

My GF (who was an ancient history/religion major in college) says my beliefs border between Wicca, and Shamanism..

Damned if i know.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

Dear cryslal3rose, if you really believe that there's something not right or untrue about The Bible, then you owe it to yourself to look into it and find out If this is the case or whether a dangerous assumption has been made.

Take it from someone who tried really hard to dis-prove The Bible before I was became a Christian, it's not as easy as some would have you believe.

What I found over and over were character judgements of God, and the people involved in the events of The Bible; not actual evidence that it was false mind you, just things along the order of "What kind of God would allow this.." These are character judgements that don't prove anything but our willingness to try and judge OUR judge!

Yes men, and in some cases women were behind the physical writing of the various books of The Bible, but they were guided into Truth through the agency of The Holy Spirit. Without this aspect we cannot be assured of the truthfullness of the Biblical accounts. For me it's quite simple: find one single error that has no possible answer other than it was made up and the credibility of The Bible, and in my opinion, God himself would be destroyed. This cannot happen if there is a perfect God. If there's an imperfect god then how could we trust anything that any work revealing his will would proclaim?

The Bible says many things about God. It says that he's not the author of confusion. It says that he's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness through The Bible and that all scripture is given by his inspiration. It also tells us that he's not willing that any should perish(This is speaking of eternal death;condemnation)but that all should come to repentence.

The answers are definetly out there for those who care to look. We just have to be willing to admit that it's possible that we don't already know it all and be ready to admit that perhaps, we were in fact quite wrong in our assumptions and change our lives accordingly.

My prayers and love are with you all

I believe in the supreme being of God.

I believe Jesus Christ came to redeem the human race from sins.

I believe the world is full of stupidity and corruption, with organized religion or not.

I believe human fallability does not nullify God's existence and acts.

I believe science is a right way to explore, understand the world, and should make it a better place for eveyone.

I believe life is wonderful even with all the messes going on.

I believe in an interconnected reality for all the gennuine 'supernatural' happenings in the world.

I believe there will be things that I will not be understand just yet, no matter how smart I am in a human standard.

I believe that all I believe are compatible, though I may not be able to understand all yet.

and, I believe the existence of MOE is just a form of hallucination laugh.gif ...

Totally agree with you thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif . Life is a gift, and we musn't waste it.

Totally agree with you thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif . Life is a gift, and we musn't waste it.

I agree as well, life is a gift. thumbsup.gif

I am a Celtic Pagan. I work with many Gods and Goddesses, and spirits. How I came to my Path is a long story and most would not understand. I love my religion and am very happy with it. I am blessed by the Lord and Lady. They have been there for me in times of great pain and sorrow. They have given me great Joy. They have taught me with love and wisdom.

Everyone must follow their own Path. Learning never ends, not even death stops it. In each life we continue learn and grow.

"There are more things in heauen and earth Horatio Then are dream't of in your philosophie,"

I have no concept of God.

I live my life as I wish.

When I die if there is a God and I am to be judged then I will be judged on the things I have conciously chosen to do and which I accept total responsibility for.

If there isn't a God I should be ok! grin2.gif

I'm more or less a spiritualist with some reservations about the mediumistic side of things but total acceptance of their philosophy.

i am islamic. i do not wear the covering or anything but i believe in allah and the prophet muhammed

Is there no Hindu/buddhist's here?? I feel lonley now sad.gifblush.gif

I'd rather not talk about my faith. If any of you wish to know about hinduism or buddhism please find out for yourselfs. That was not ment to sound horrible, i just don't like preaching about my faith, I'd rather keep it to myself.

original.gif

i'm with you there DoN. i would rather keep my faith to myself aswell. thumbsup.gif

I am a christian. I believe in god, and the bible. I dont go to church because i believe that most of them don't actually follow the bible, so i kind of preach and pray my own little way original.gif I also believe in some aspects of other religions. Which really doesn't make any sense, but thats me for ya tongue.gif anyway, thats what i believe original.gif

Born and raised a Catholic. Went off for a little while exploring the other religions. Didn't find anything i could connect with, so eventually i made my way back to Catholicism. Don't necessarily agree with everything 100% (example I don't believe in hell) But I believe In Jesus' divinity and that's the most important thing (to me)

I belive in god, jesus being the son of god. But I don't belive in satan or hell.

i'm an Athiest for the same reasona sburnside and cuz the bible doesn't add up and there are things missing

I am what I am.

The Church of Popeye I see... tongue.gif

I am sorry, I couldn't resist...

I follow the Swiss-Cheese of Wholiness Church. I believe in the corndog, but not sure about the anchovies, as are many of my kind. I worship weekly, always with my Gouda nearby. We also refuse to eat hamburgers, as they have no ham, nor do they burg. There three basic laws: make the cheese, worship the cheese, and cut the cheese.

I have faith that my Killians Irish Red will taste crisp, clean, and refreshing........ thumbsup.gif

I am a Mormon.

I believe in the Bible and Book of Mormon

I believe that God loves us all, so much that he sent us his only begotten son to take upon the sins of the world. Jesus Christ will return again one day, so we should prepare for that day by becoming as pure and rightous as we can, so we and our families can live together forever with Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost in the Celestial Kingdom.

I've kind of taken my faith from many different religions and adapted it to myself. Here's basically what I've taken from each:

Buddhism: I believe in the concept of enlightenment and that it can be achieved by many individuals, but I don't know yet what exactly it is. I think it's different for everyone. I believe that desire and selfishness can lead to suffering. I believe in meditation as an important part of life. I do not believe in Siddhartha or any other "prophets" as divine beings to be worshipped. Also, I'm completely sXe - I have moral objections to alcohol, drugs, and promiscuous sex.

Hinduism: I believe 100% in karma. What one does always comes back to oneself - I think that's just a universal law. I do believe in dharma somewhat - there are certain duties we must fulfill in each lifetime. However, I do not believe that they are set in stone. I believe in reincarnation as a journey that all must go through - however, I am unsure of where/how it ends. I do not believe in castes - all souls are equal in my eyes, regardless of social status.

Neopaganism/Native American spirituality: I believe that nature is to be respected and worshipped. I believe that plants, herbs, stones and other things have properties we do not fully understand. I believe that the passing of the seasons is an important cycle in human life, and therefore the sabbats are holidays to me. I believe that every human has the right to follow his will, so long as it harms none, including himself.

I do not know yet if I believe in any deities in the traditional sense. However, I believe that we are all connected - not just to each other, but to the earth, and the universe, and everything. I like to think of us all being strands in a giant web of energy.

I do not believe in any supreme evil force. Any evil in this world stems from human fault, not supernatural forces. And while suffering is seen as something malignant by many, it often leads to good. I do not believe any souls to be entirely evil. They will pay their karmic debt in future lifetimes, but they are not condemned eternally.

Overall, I am unsure of many things, but I am always exploring new ideas and beliefs. I do not believe in any one true path; I know that there are many. I am patient, because I know that I have many lifetimes to learn what I need to.

I guess if I were to give a title to my religion, I'd call it "Karmism." I like that. :-D

My faith.. uhm... .

I believe that all relligions are true

I also believe that all relligions are wrong

In many ways, I found many enlightening materials from many different religions. I enjoyed learning from all of them. Unfortunately a lot of religions are exclusive, for example, it is not possible to join Muslim prayers without being a Muslim. However, it is a good thing to have their wisdoms available in books, internet, and television. Maybe the most interesting thing about my faith is that believers and atheists alike tend to think that i'm one of them.

I don't believe in karma, the threefolds law, sins, the afterlife, or even laws. I built my morality based from the understanding of why we should do certain things and not others. I believe that the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. However I do believe in the supernaturals, but not necesarily a higher being. Off course, I mantain skepticism, especially against skepticism itself.

Maybe i can say that i'm a universalist.

I just consiter myself a Pagan. I worship many Gods, from many different cultures. I most closly identify, with the Gods of the Norse. I do claim, Odin as my Allfather, and Freya as my Mother Goddess.

I came to my beliefs, when I started on the Wiccan path. And although I still follow some of the practices of the Wiccan, I no longer claim it to be the one faith that I follow.

Odinists believe in honor, family, loyalty, and truth. They believe that life is to be lived to the fullest, and an adventure, while helping others along the way. These are qualities in my life that I hold dear,and I try with all of my being to live by.

I also try to incorporate the teachings of Buddisim, into my daily life. Not the Buddist religion, just the phylosiphy. To be simple.

On a scale of 1-10, I believe I'm a 6. I do not lie, cheat or steal. I stand up for the beliefs that I have, while trying to not make others feel wrong or misunderstood. I think of every other living thing on this planet, and in this universe, as a part of a whole, and should you harm one thing, you harm another.

I'm starting to agree with that more and more. I don't follow any religion in particular, but the obsession with the norse/celtic has grown into almost a faith. It seems as though I am in an almost purgatory religious wise, but I soon hope to emerge happy and independant.