Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampirism

LucidElement

What about Psychic Vampires?? I mean we all know that one person that seems to feed off of others...whether that be by creating tension or always having some sort of drama that they want to involve you in. They literally seem sapped when you don't let them in. There is a book from Llewelyn Press by some guy called Konstantinos that addresses the Psychic Vampire...if I remember correctly Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self Defense " addresed the subject well too. Now maybe a "blood vampire" is the same thing as a "Psychic Vampire" , but the blood is a focus of sorts for ingesting the energy. SOUNDS KINDA KOOKY HUH? As for all of the Hot Topic kids who become Vampires after sucking on their Mommy and Daddy's bank accounts....there are a buttload of those roaming around. Thank God my kids didn't get all Vampire obsessed after reading/watching Twilight!

-WORKING CLASS AL

What about Psychic Vampires?? I mean we all know that one person that seems to feed off of others...whether that be by creating tension or always having some sort of drama that they want to involve you in. They literally seem sapped when you don't let them in. There is a book from Llewelyn Press by some guy called Konstantinos that addresses the Psychic Vampire...if I remember correctly Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self Defense " addresed the subject well too. Now maybe a "blood vampire" is the same thing as a "Psychic Vampire" , but the blood is a focus of sorts for ingesting the energy. SOUNDS KINDA KOOKY HUH? As for all of the Hot Topic kids who become Vampires after sucking on their Mommy and Daddy's bank accounts....there are a buttload of those roaming around. Thank God my kids didn't get all Vampire obsessed after reading/watching Twilight!

-WORKING CLASS AL

Eh. Psychic vampires are worse than real vampires because it's a self feeding delusion. The more depressed you act, people around you get depressed, you feel like maybe you're special for realz, and you seem energized by this prospect, which makes you think you stole this energy from the people around you. When you try to tell people that there is no evidence of any psychic transfer of energy anywhere, they respond with how speshul and dark they are and they don't want to be studied...blah blah blah. All of this is my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Eh. Psychic vampires are worse than real vampires because it's a self feeding delusion. The more depressed you act, people around you get depressed, you feel like maybe you're special for realz, and you seem energized by this prospect, which makes you think you stole this energy from the people around you. When you try to tell people that there is no evidence of any psychic transfer of energy anywhere, they respond with how speshul and dark they are and they don't want to be studied...blah blah blah. All of this is my opinion of course.

Albeit a very widely held one, and most likely accurate.

• Like 1

Please people for the sake of argument let's agree that there are totally "sane" people out there that model their behavior after vamps. of literature and/or movies and even drink blood of donor. That is their life style,their mental mind-set, maybe from 7:00P.M. to midnight and after that they go back "home", go to bed, get up and go to work until they adopt their vamp. life style for another night on the town.The ones that worry me are the ones that kill for blood, feed on the spot, and vanish as quickly as the came. They do exist whether one chooses to accept it or not.

Please people for the sake of argument let's agree that there are totally "sane" people out there that model their behavior after vamps. of literature and/or movies and even drink blood of donor. That is their life style,their mental mind-set, maybe from 7:00P.M. to midnight and after that they go back "home", go to bed, get up and go to work until they adopt their vamp. life style for another night on the town.The ones that worry me are the ones that kill for blood, feed on the spot, and vanish as quickly as the came. They do exist whether one chooses to accept it or not.

your right some sane people do believe they are a vampire. but the idea of them needing blood to get their strength is in their mind they think it so much they eventually believe it.

• Like 1

what are you even talking about?!

grown people working 9-5s, that when they get home from work, don some black leather, some make up, and go hang out with other like minded individuals and listen to techno and drink each others blood....but gotta be home by 12am so they can get up by 8am to make it to the office on time?

people that just do this might be choosing some percieved "lifestyle"...but they are still committing an act of cannibalism. and even worse, being a poser. those individuals that didn't get enough hugs as kids and ACTAULLY "think" (that is read, "play pretend") they need to dress up and be vampires all the time and they "crave" and "drink human blood", yet are unwilling to acknowledge that the whole vampire mythos has only existed a couple hundred years....and the sexy blood drinking variety for barely over a century; those individuals are so lost in their self absorbed pseudo-reality, they fail to see why most "rational" people think they are behaving irrational in their "fantasy" world. but the "sane" people that only want to "live" in this world when "they're out on the town" because the allure of imbibing human blood is such an attractive and exciting idea .....that's just absurd, man. :no:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, Saw this on one the forums, I thought It might help us try to understand if vampires are real or hoax..... :lol: :lol:

History of Vampires Timeline

Vampire Timeline: Vampire myths go back thousands of years and are seen in almost every culture worldwide. There are an endless variety of vampires recorded. China has red eyed monsters with green or pink hair while the Greek have Lamia; which has the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a winged serpent. Even further separated are the vampire foxes in Japan. Malaysia has the Penanggalang; which is a head with trailing entrails that sucks your blood.

Year Event

5000 BC

The emergence of Vampirism in the Mediterranean Basin.

2000 BC

Tomb of the Vampire is erected in Giza, Egypt.

Jesus is claimed to have healed vampires at Capernaum.

Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.

Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome.

"Upir" makes it's first appearance as a word referring to a Russian prince as "Upir Lichy", or wicked vampire.

First Crusade expels vampires from The Holy Land, Jerusalem.

"Chronicles" by William of Newburgh's. It recorded several stories of vampire-like revenants in England.

"Dracula" aka Vlad Dracula or aka Vlad the Impaler is born.

Vlad the Impaler is assassinated.

The Malleus Maleficarium (the witch hunter's bible) is written by Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger. The topic of how to hunt and destroy a vampire is discussed within it's pages.

Italian scientist Ludovico Fatinelli burned at the stake for suggesting a biological cause for vampirism in his "Treatise on Vampires".

Erzsebet (Elizabeth) Bathory is born.

"The Ship of the Dead" brings vampires to the New World.

Elizabeth Bathory is tried and convicted of killing several hundred of girls. Her sentence is life imprisonment.

Elizabeth Bathory dies.

A German vampire text, "De Masticatione Mortuorum", is written by Phillip Rohr.

The word "vampyre" enters the English language.

The first modern vampyre poem, "Der Vampir", is published.

A vampire appears in Lord Byron's The Giaour.

John Polidori's "The Vampyre," is the first vampire story in English is published.

Bram Stoker is born.

Haussman destroys Paris' Vampire Quarter then rebuilds city.

Copper Creek Siege in California prompts formation of Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency.

In Italy, Vincenzo Verzeni is convicted of murdering two people and drinking their blood.

New York Vampire riots ensue.

Steketee's Vampire Rights movement in France is started.

"Dracula" by Bram Stoker is published in England.

Worldwide vampire population hits the one million.

Fritz Haarmann the "Vampire of Hanover" is arrested, tried and convicted of killing more than 20 people in a vampire crime spree.

Dracula, starring Bela Lugosi, is released.

The movie "Vampyr," directed by Carl Theodore Dreyer, is released.

"Dracula's Daughter" is released.

U. S. President Franklin Roosevelt unveils "The Zozobra Project".

"Son of Dracula", stars Lon Chaney, Jr., as Dracula.

In New Mexico an auto mechanic named Joe Valdez becomes the first successful recipient of the vampire vaccine.

The Count Dracula Society is founded in the United States by Donald Reed.

"The Munsters" and "The Addams Family"; television shows with vampire characters.

Jeanne Youngson founds The Count Dracula Fan Club.

Due to the Lazo Disaster in Siberia, the United Nations (UN) passes a resolution banning vampire blood research.

Sean Manchester founds The Vampire Research Society."In Search of Dracula" by Raymond T. McNally and Radu Florescu is published. --Stephan Kaplan founds The Vampire Research Centre.

The first of The Vampire Chronicles, "Interview With the Vampire", by Anne Rice is published.

Frank Langella stars in the remake of Dracula.

Richard Chase, the so-called Dracula Killer of Sacramento, California, commits suicide in prison.

"The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice is published and reaches the best seller list.

President Reagan lifts ban on the vampire and zombie blood research.

"Methuselah Project" is initiated at the Santa Rosa Institute.

"The Queen of the Damned" is published by Anne Rice.

Vampire: The Masquerade," the vampire role-playing game is released by White Wolf.

"Bram Stoker's Dracula" directed by Francis Ford Coppola opens. Andrei Chikatilo of Russia, is sentenced to death after killing and committing vampirism 55 people.-"The Tale of the Body Thief" by Anne Rice is published.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a 1992 American action/comedy/horror film about a valley girl cheerleader named Buffy (Kristy Swanson) who learns that it is her fate to hunt vampires. The movie is a parody which plays on the cliches of typical horror films. The film was written by Joss Whedon who later created the darker and more acclaimed TV series of the same name starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was a moderate success at the box office and received mixed reviews from critics.

The film version of Anne Rice's "Interview with the Vampire" opens with Tom Cruise as the Vampire Lestat and Brad Pitt as Louis.

TV series - Kindred: The Embraced airs on TV.

TV series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs on TV. An American television series; a supernatural drama that aired from March 10, 1997 until May 20, 2003. The series was created in 1997 by writer-director Joss Whedon. The series narrative follows Buffy Summers (played by Sarah Michelle Gellar), the latest in a line of young women known as Slayers. Slayers are chosen by fate to battle against vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Like previous Slayers, Buffy is aided by a Watcher, who guides, teaches, and trains her. Unlike her predecessors, Buffy surrounds herself with a circle of loyal friends.

TV Series - Angel airs on TV. An American television series, a spin-off of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series was created by Buffy's creator, Joss Whedon, in collaboration with David Greenwalt, and first aired on October 5, 1999. The show details the ongoing trials of Angel, a vampire whose human soul was restored to him by gypsies as a punishment for the murder of one of their own. After more than a century of murder and the torture of innocents, Angel's restored soul torments him with guilt and remorse. During the first four seasons of the show, he works as a private detective in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, California, where he and a variety of associates work to "help the helpless" and to restore the faith and save the souls of those who have lost their way. Typically, this involves doing battle with evil demons or demonically allied humans, primarily related to Wolfram & Hart, a law firm. He also has to battle his own demonic nature.

Blade is released into theaters. Pandora by Anne Rice is published. The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice is published.

Vittorio the Vampire by Anne Rice is published.

Blade II is released in theaters. Blade forms an uneasy alliance with the vampire council in order to combat the Reaper vampires who feed on vampires.

Queen of the Damned is released in theaters. The vampire Lestat becomes a rock star whose music wakes up the queen of all vampires.

Twilight is released in theaters. A teenage girl risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire.

TV Series - True Blood airs on HBO.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon is released in theaters. Following Bella's ill-fated 18th birthday party, Edward Cullen and his family abandon the town of Forks, Washington, in an effort to protect her from the dangers inherent in their world. As the heartbroken Bella sleepwalks through her senior year more of high school, numb and alone, she discovers Edward's image comes to her whenever she puts herself in jeopardy. Her desire to be with him at any cost leads her to take greater and greater risks. With the help of her childhood friend Jacob Black, Bella refurbishes an old motorbike to carry her on her adventures. Bella's frozen heart is gradually thawed by her budding relationship with Jacob, a member of the mysterious Quileute tribe, who has a supernatural secret of his own. When a chance encounter brings Bella face to face with a former nemesis, only the intervention of a pack of supernaturally large wolves saves her from a grisly fate, and the encounter makes it frighteningly clear that Bella is still in grave danger. In a race against the clock, Bella learns the secret of the Quileutes and Edward's true motivation for leaving her. She also faces the prospect of a potentially deadly reunion with her beloved that is a far cry from the one she'd hoped for.

The Vampire Diaries series airs. It is about a teenage girl torn between two vampire brothers with a long dark past.

So, theyre not real.

Also, where is your source for all of that? http://www.hellhorror.com/vampires/history_of_vampires/ This it?

But as for

"Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.

Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome"

That doesnt even make sense, and isnt true in the slightest. Probably because Romes ruler at that time was antoninus pius. Also, charlemagne (wanna be ruler of them) and his story of fighting that vampire isnt anywhere for me to see.

Id really check your sources next time, as im sure much other parts of it are flawed.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

Wow that is a massively messed up list. I think I broke the "Didn't Happen" button.

Or the "Easy" button is way out of whack.

So, theyre not real.

Also, where is your source for all of that? http://www.hellhorror.com/vampires/history_of_vampires/ This it?

But as for

"Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.

Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome"

That doesnt even make sense, and isnt true in the slightest. Probably because Romes ruler at that time was antoninus pius. Also, charlemagne (wanna be ruler of them) and his story of fighting that vampire isnt anywhere for me to see.

Id really check your sources next time, as im sure much other parts of it are flawed.

The link was correct, thought might help......I tried to research for that event myself and other stuff like

those funded research for vampire blood by the US government, and I found nothing....well just thought someone here in this forum might verify if those events are real or not...I apologize if the list was a total messed up.....peace :D :D :D

Just because you're obsessed with something doesn't mean other people have to respect that. Nor does someone finding a donor negate the fact the eating or drinking of flesh or blood of your own species is cannabalism. It just is. Just because you find the term cannibal taboo, doesn't mean people can't use the term. Have some respect.

I'm not obsessed with anything, and I've got to agree with the drinking of blood to be cannibalistic to a certain extent. I do not find the term taboo, and if you knew me, you'd find me to be very respectful.

You took my post entirely the wrong way. :rofl:

i have read quite a few storys about these "modern day vampieres, but i think there is no such thing, as i have yet to see one with the typical fangs, that come out and they can retract at will...

i think people that claim to be a vampire are attracted by the whole 'loner, mystic and romantic air' around them.

the mind is a powerfull thing, and i think if someone hasnt got alot else in their life, people can convince themselfs to be allsorts.

i have read before, there is even 'clans' of vampires, that feast on each others blood, or a vampire that has a "spechial" person they feed of. to me that is more bdsm than anything else....they never break into a strangers bedroom, and carry them off etc..:OP o.0

i do know there is "enegy vampieres" tho, that try and feed on your enegy. if you let them, is up to you. :)

Wow, Just the name "Modern Day Vampires" makes me NOT believe. If they are like anything u see on tv they're probably fake. I seriously doubt a real vamp would come out to us. And if they were real i just doubt they would even look human. The whole design of our bodies was mostly made to excercise and be healthy with lots of water,(some of us can over eat yes,)but over drink BLOOD, actually it would be dangerous, specially if ur body is that of a human design. if vamps were real or are, I just dont think they can look like us and "live amongst us" and never age. its just not realistic to me. we live to die. why would a creatures body be designed to live forever? to be immortal and beautiful,to never age, those are all the things a human wouldnt mind; because its what the media has fed us on tv, magazines,celebrities. A vampire seems like the perfect pill to take, to avoid reality if u ask me..mann i used to be so into this crap when i was like 15 :devil: lol i even wore those fangs that look real lol :w00t: i feel bad for real adults who actually into this still, theres so much to life still.. :blink:

The link was correct, thought might help......I tried to research for that event myself and other stuff like

those funded research for vampire blood by the US government, and I found nothing....well just thought someone here in this forum might verify if those events are real or not...I apologize if the list was a total messed up.....peace :D :D :D

Well yes the link wasnt totally accurate.

Im also not surprised you came up with nothing when trying to search the government and vampires.

i have read quite a few storys about these "modern day vampieres, but i think there is no such thing, as i have yet to see one with the typical fangs, that come out and they can retract at will...

i think people that claim to be a vampire are attracted by the whole 'loner, mystic and romantic air' around them.

the mind is a powerfull thing, and i think if someone hasnt got alot else in their life, people can convince themselfs to be allsorts.

i have read before, there is even 'clans' of vampires, that feast on each others blood, or a vampire that has a "spechial" person they feed of. to me that is more bdsm than anything else....they never break into a strangers bedroom, and carry them off etc..:OP o.0

i do know there is "enegy vampieres" tho, that try and feed on your enegy. if you let them, is up to you. :)

The absolute worst type of vampire.

Righttt. About the vampire thing...I know this guy who thinks he's a werewolf but he just chases parked cars and howls at the moon :w00t:

Edited by Graveyard Hound

I could tell u how to make a true vampire. the truth is that a true vampires can exsist if u make it exsist. AKA Gentic enginearing. make what u want and make it happen. look at the blood drinking bat. it needs blood to survive. which is explaned but i don't want to look it up at all. but aging the so caled immortallity serum which cna be made. but u can still die. if shot. or sikeness. but there's many things i have studyed and immortallity is one of them. and it is a possibllity. oh and myths come from legends that come from stroys which are from truth. like romeo and julleit. that stry was to be based of of a legend of two lovers and in 2008 they found the bodys of both of those lovers with a dagger and a cup in one of there hands. burried togheter. now i tell u this. u can't say if its true or not. if u look for it then it will eventully show. if u desire it then it will show. now that u metion it. i could be considered a mind sapping vampir. one that can cause mental harm. but i don't feel anything when i do so. LOL just kiding or am I? one cannot truely estimate the impact if they found out that the goverment is studing vampieism. or how to make a supersolder from such research. i point u to the nazi rageim of hitler. 25 years far move advanced then any othere nation back then. with many supernatuale expriments one which was for a super solder that can fight for him. some of the research which are still hidden and not found of yet to date. with vage stroys about the locaton of such research faccilitys. it is possible aging to make a vampier and a possible immortallity serum. and if u say such negative things u will never know if its true or not. if u look for it if u seek it u will find it. if in the best case or the worst case u will find it. if u get up and look. no one will do it for u. look for it in scriptures and in old books. which alot where burned or destoryed by the nazis in europe.

Righttt. About the vampire thing...I know this guy who thinks he's a werewolf but he just chases parked cars and howls at the moon :w00t:

Make sense to me

:innocent:

I could tell u how to make a true vampire. the truth is that a true vampires can exsist if u make it exsist. AKA Gentic enginearing. make what u want and make it happen. look at the blood drinking bat. it needs blood to survive. which is explaned but i don't want to look it up at all. but aging the so caled immortallity serum which cna be made. but u can still die. if shot. or sikeness. but there's many things i have studyed and immortallity is one of them. and it is a possibllity. oh and myths come from legends that come from stroys which are from truth. like romeo and julleit. that stry was to be based of of a legend of two lovers and in 2008 they found the bodys of both of those lovers with a dagger and a cup in one of there hands. burried togheter. now i tell u this. u can't say if its true or not. if u look for it then it will eventully show. if u desire it then it will show. now that u metion it. i could be considered a mind sapping vampir. one that can cause mental harm. but i don't feel anything when i do so. LOL just kiding or am I? one cannot truely estimate the impact if they found out that the goverment is studing vampieism. or how to make a supersolder from such research. i point u to the nazi rageim of hitler. 25 years far move advanced then any othere nation back then. with many supernatuale expriments one which was for a super solder that can fight for him. some of the research which are still hidden and not found of yet to date. with vage stroys about the locaton of such research faccilitys. it is possible aging to make a vampier and a possible immortallity serum. and if u say such negative things u will never know if its true or not. if u look for it if u seek it u will find it. if in the best case or the worst case u will find it. if u get up and look. no one will do it for u. look for it in scriptures and in old books. which alot where burned or destoryed by the nazis in europe.

No. To everything you said.

No. To everything you said.

I knew u would say that. but u don't know till u try. and bioenginery and gentic engineraingcan make it possible or make a zombie virues that wipes us all out.

did u even read it. and aging u critize me of what i try to say. and i have not once critized any thing u said. i just ask u qestions. it is possible if u want to get to the most darkess secreats of life. of which expriments like these are infact and possible bing conductedby crazy made sientis. in places of the world that are secluded but have plenty of test subjects to work with.

@zombeikiller

Do you have a source for anything you claimed? Any link to a website or a book or a periodical that can back up the statements you have made here?

I knew u would say that. but u don't know till u try. and bioenginery and gentic engineraingcan make it possible or make a zombie virues that wipes us all out.

did u even read it. and aging u critize me of what i try to say. and i have not once critized any thing u said. i just ask u qestions. it is possible if u want to get to the most darkess secreats of life. of which expriments like these are infact and possible bing conductedby crazy made sientis. in places of the world that are secluded but have plenty of test subjects to work with.

Highly, Highly doubt that. But, guess it depends on your definition of 'virus'. But maybe you can elaborate on that, and tell me how exactly it would be a vampiric virus that could infect people and wipe them out.

Its not criticizing, its just my opinion on what youre saying. Theres no evidence for any of it.

You can say that about anything though. "Well, its possible people are doing "x", somewhere, at sometime" etc. Theres nothing backing it up though. Its just conjecture.

Highly, Highly doubt that. But, guess it depends on your definition of 'virus'. But maybe you can elaborate on that, and tell me how exactly it would be a vampiric virus that could infect people and wipe them out.

Its not criticizing, its just my opinion on what youre saying. Theres no evidence for any of it.

You can say that about anything though. "Well, its possible people are doing "x", somewhere, at sometime" etc. Theres nothing backing it up though. Its just conjecture.

that was theright answer. to what i said befor. it's just conjecture. and ther is almost nothing backing it up. but there are virues u can manipulate. and there re parsites that can hurt u. and thats why revers engnering things is a common thing. and is not illegal. to what i know of gentics. which should be substanual. if i would look at leech and see how it lives and why it lives on blood of other animales and use that blood for energy and incorarate it into a human where they need blood to survive but are sill mortal. would be a outstandingfind but bad if the person needs itn a daily baseis. and to make it where it's like it's own lood type like the ab lood type and can asorball other blood types but will be rejected by the any thing else. or wasthinking of o blood. but if one was too make it where they can stay alive or even regnerate wounds a little faster and keep them alive forever untl one was to kill them. and have this blood cell/ viruesr there is a virues that kills ur orgins and body tissue and one was to reverse enginer it and let it reguvina and keep ur body from aging any further then there one solution sovled. and combie the leech blood dna nd rna and cobie it with some human dna and the reversed enginred virues and make it where it caccept and needs human blood to a extent but give ithere it can eat normal food. and lets say this exstent of blood helps ur body out by useing theet s a ndlethat can suck the blood up into ones vanes. and le say if the thing was to be like the steamcells it qickly adpts to ur body and mutaes into a new blood type. and ny one winject with this will have the sae bllod type as the otherone who was enjected. and it will be rejected in any ot human body after it turns into this new cell that quickly takes over the blood stream. d multiplys. there much i still need to figuer o on it. but it is close to my maen gaol. a immortallity serum. take out the lecche ad jsut reverse the virues and trun it into a new blood cell and some other things. and there. will that also exlan what i said earlier? i he so. but i doupt it. but nice answer. oh and i n't tell u where i get my resrch from. bu u could look it up on bing or google or yahoo or ask. or s books about things like this. un know hard things that most peoplewon't be able to understand if not read carefllt word for word. and agng some alot some of these are theory i made. i don't think i'm the only one researching on things like this. who nds college if u got books and the internet. if i can read what it says and find out most of the meanings i can then expriment. on paper of course. i don't havelab and those very expensive equptment. and i don't want to be the one that starts a zombie epademic. or a new virues that kills us all. though blood and who would be stupided nough to be a ginie pig except tribly poeple in africa.