Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How To Upload An Avatar

Universal Absurdity

OK,

First click on "My Controls" Click "Edit Avatar Settings"

In the "Your image avatars" section, you have 2 options.

1) "Enter a URL to an online avatar image". You can find the url by right clicking on the desired image and go into its properties. MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ENTIRE URL! it can sometimes scroll down a line or two, if its a long one. This is particularly useful if your image is more than 100kb in size.*

2)"OR upload a new image from your computer" Save an image to your computer, (remember where you saved it!) If its 100kb or smaller you can click the browse button, locate the image and select it.

After preforming either option, click the "Update Avatar" button to finish.

PM me if you still have problems

*Images uploaded onto this site will not have a URL that you can use. Please use Image Shack, photobucket, or another online image storage service, if you wish to use URL images (url images may exceed the 100kb limit, Excessively large avatar images may be removed at mod discresion.)

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Universal Absurdity

• Erikl

• Janiel

• Jesus_Freak

indeed he does.... but you know even with those excellent directions someone is still bound to screw it up....

The problem is, that for some reason when I upload an avatar, it uploads one of my earlier avatars, but in the dimensions of the new avatar I uploaded.

I think it's a problem with the cache... after all, it isn't the first time I upload an avatar sad.gif

So, someone knows how to solve this?

Try clearing your cache then restarting the browser.

I wish I'd found this thread earlier, it's taken me ages to get an avatar up. The thing that actually took longest was finding a suitable picture, but hey I'm finally there YEAH! grin2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

the part harder than uploading a picture is actually finding a good picture you'd like as your avatar! it took me a while to finally decide and/or give up and choose this one.

......still looking for a sig......

Everytime UA made me an avatar, I right clicked it and there was no properties for me to get the URL from. I think it might help UA if you give them the URL when you make people avatars.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of that saucy, if i right click on anything i can view its properties, the page, any of the buttons, anyone's nic, maybe its something wrong with your browser.

• 8 months later...

when i save a animated avatar that someone made for me, then i put it on photo bucket, and make it my avatar its not animated anymore! whats with that? and can somebody tell me how to make a avatar less kb in size?

OK,

First click on "My Controls" Click "Edit Avatar Settings"

1) "Enter a URL to an online avatar image". You can find the url by right clicking on the desired image and go into its properties. MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ENTIRE URL! it can sometimes scroll down a line or two, if its a long one. This is particularly useful if your image is more than 100kb in size.*

206527[/snapback]

when i save a animated avatar that someone made for me, then i put it on photo bucket, and make it my avatar its not animated anymore! whats with that? and can somebody tell me how to make a avatar less kb in size?

609025[/snapback]

~Nemesis~, follow UA's instructions and either put in this URL:http://img203.echo.cx/img203/9021/nemesis4ky.gif or this one:http://img203.echo.cx/img203/291/nemesisorigin2sv.gif your picture should come out, if you have any more problems, PM me and I will assist you further. Remember, just copy the entire address and paste it into the URL box.

Edited by Triniant