Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare NASA ufo footage ..supposedly

Bogeyman

I'd go with "ice particles" myself because each one seems to come from bottom left to top right ...except for about 1:26 min in when there seem to be a lot of things floating around on the periphery ....anyway...you decide

http://www.phenomenica.com/2010/07/nasa-ufo-footage-from-above-earth.html

Edited by Bogeyman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcrom901

• Sabbath

• Bogeyman

• Alienated Being

well we know one thing, it's definitely unidentified.. but the question still remains: "what is it, exactly?"

I'd go with "ice particles" myself

in most cases such mundane prosaic explanations have no basis in reality..... example k010.gif

I'd go with "ice particles" myself because each one seems to come from bottom left to top right ...except for about 1:26 min in when there seem to be a lot of things floating around on the periphery ....anyway...you decide

http://www.phenomenica.com/2010/07/nasa-ufo-footage-from-above-earth.html

Are we looking at a UFO or UFOs? I guess I'm Team Ice Particles too.

Are we looking at a UFO or UFOs? I guess I'm Team Ice Particles too.

which specific source do you think is responsible for those 'ice particles'?

8e9b814882f6.jpg

n which camera do you think shot that footage?

anyhow.... other anomalies were observed on that mission as well....

On September 15, 1991, between 20:30 and 20:45 Greenwich Mean Time, the TV camera located at the back of Space Shuttle Discovery's cargo bay was trained on the Earth's horizon while the astronauts were occupied with other tasks. A glowing object suddenly appeared just below the horizon and "slowly" moved from right to left and slightly upward in the picture. Several other glowing objects had been visible before this, and had been moving in various directions. Then a flash of light occurred at what seemed to be the lower left of the screen; and the main object,

along with the others, changed direction and accelerated away sharply, as if in response to the flash. Shortly thereafter a streak of light moved through the region vacated by the main object, and then another streak moved through the right of the screen, where two of the other objects had been. Roughly 65 seconds after the main flash, the TV camera rotated down, showing a fuzzy picture of the side of the cargo bay. It then refocused, turned toward the front of the cargo bay, and stopped broadcasting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AFs67Xjes

- The distance from the Discovery to the Earth's horizon is 2,757 kilometers

- The UFO's speed before accelerating into space is 87,000 kph (Mach 73)

- Three seconds after the light flash, the UFO changes direction sharply and accelerates off into space at 340,000 kph (Mach 285) within 2.2 seconds

- Such an acceleration would produce 14,000 g of force (1g is normal Earth gravity)

sts48diaht4.jpg

additional links

coming back to the 'ice particle' mundane'ties.... how is it that nothing is mentioned in the technical reports? :unsure2:

from my previous link.... concerning the sts-75 tether footage.....

b74242af2c49.jpg

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19960022783_1996048891.pdf

you can check the details mentioned in that report & compare your findings with the rest of the data.....

d9f26ce1337b.jpg

d5e0aa75a14b.jpg

b05729332b2c.jpg

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19970001413_1996097234.pdf

a020.gif

Thread cleaned

Apologies for the disruption folks.

You don't know how big that 'dot' is. Yes it looks like its close to Earth. But if it wasn't and was actually a lot smaller and closer to the shuttle, it kinda throws out all those calculations of how fast its going. As for the original link by the OP - space isn't clean...Earth almost has man-made rings of crap that we've left up there, so much so that NASA sometimes has to wait for an opening to get space craft out.

As far as I know, that was spacejunk/ice being pushed away by the force of the thruster engines (who caused the flash). Some objects moved faster than others because they were closer.

many experts do not share those views....

:alien:

many experts do not share those views....

:alien:

What more is there to space junk or ice moving away from the force of thrusters, after they were activated? :wacko: