Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient aliens

SpeCtruM

Hi,

I've recently watched this videos on youtube concerning ancient aliens, and frankly I have to say that this is very creepy... I recommend you watching them.

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZYYmOgdVdI&playnext_from=TL&videos=x8IcCEkTNKw

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDSuTB0dKU&feature=related

Edited by SpeCtruM

Hi,

I've recently watched this videos on youtube concerning ancient aliens, and frankly I have to say that this is very creepy... I recommend you watching them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZYYmOgdVdI&playnext_from=TL&videos=x8IcCEkTNKw

I think I've seen this before - it appears to be Ancient Aliens The Series produced by the lovely Giorgio Tsoukalos. I really enjoyed this 5 part series and found it extremely entertaining. Even though I'm not normally a big believer in any of these theorys, I did find it great food for thought! Hopefully, that is what the video was otherwise, I'm raving on about something altogether unrelated LOL

• Like 1

I did watch these on the history channel, they brought up some artifacts that blows modern archaeology out of the box, some more than others at least. These are very interesting for believers or skeptics, I really can't wait to see more input on this.

Edited by NecroWanderer

I've pretty much stopped watching the history channel following their coverage of the Crystal skulls.

I've done a bit of reading on the Crystal skulls and had read several different documentations that showed the detailed analysis showing tools marks and origin of the stone, tying it back to a place in Britain that produced fakes during the 1800s.

They completly failed to mention the analysis, and stated that no studies had found evidence of tool marks.

Predominately, more and more these "Ancient Aliens" shows just prey on the lack of information that their viewers have.

They used this image here at one point:

alien-astronaut.jpg

Stating that it was evidence of an ancient space suit.

What it is, is a Aztec warrior with his helmet: alien3.jpg

EDIT: Failed at closing image. Edited twice because I really failed at closing tags.

Edited by ShadowSot

I've pretty much stopped watching the history channel following their coverage of the Crystal skulls.

I've done a bit of reading on the Crystal skulls and had read several different documentations that showed the detailed analysis showing tools marks and origin of the stone, tying it back to a place in Britain that produced fakes during the 1800s.

They completly failed to mention the analysis, and stated that no studies had found evidence of tool marks.

Predominately, more and more these "Ancient Aliens" shows just prey on the lack of information that their viewers have.

alien-astronaut.jpg

EDIT: Failed at closing image. Edited twice because I really failed at closing tags.

You can't just take the whole of what they say, you take bits and pieces of it, and make your own interpretation, that's why those shows are fascinating. Like you can explain certain parts of it, but there are parts in there neither you, me or professionals can explain, and that is where you make your conclusions.

You can't just take the whole of what they say, you take bits and pieces of it, and make your own interpretation, that's why those shows are fascinating. Like you can explain certain parts of it, but there are parts in there neither you, me or professionals can explain, and that is where you make your conclusions.

Yes... but if they predominantly lie, and deliberately withhold information from you that would explain what they are presenting, encouraging you towards faulty ideas of what they are presenting, then what is the value?

The whole of the argument though is made up of the sum of the bits and pieces taken all together. Try taking these pieces out of that artificial context and not only do they tend to lose much their alleged significance but the larger argument itself collapses.

What a load.

The entire display - all the episodes - were filled with outright lies and awkward misrepresentations of known facts, but you swallowed it whole and now suggest we create, and apparently invest undeserved belief in, our own fantasies from selected bits of falsehood that you find particularly interesting.

There are no doubt parts that you can't explain. There are no parts that haven't been explained by professionals with a great deal more knowledge than Giorgio Tsoukalos.

The series was concocted to generate increased sales for Tsoukalos's magazine "Legendary Times." That, and to sell ad time on the so-called "history" channel.

To the uninformed, it was fascinating. To the informed, it was a truly disgusting display. To the overinformed, it was another opportunity to laugh out loud at the gibbering buffoon that is David Hatcher Childress.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Almost everything talked about on that show has been completely debunked. There are some true mysteries in the world, but very few, and they certainly dont add up to evidence for alien intervention.

The producers of the show certainly knew that much of what they were presenting was complete BS, yet they present it without any attempt at showing the whole story.

Almost everything talked about on that show has been completely debunked. There are some true mysteries in the world, but very few, and they certainly dont add up to evidence for alien intervention.

The producers of the show certainly knew that much of what they were presenting was complete BS, yet they present it without any attempt at showing the whole story.

What did you expect? Makes the audience numbers go up, innit? People tend to forget that the primary goal of any TV show is audience numbers and generating money thru publicity, History Channel is no exception.

alien-astronaut.jpg

I used to love the History Channel before Disney bought it out. Now it is all sensational nonsense.

I used to love the History Channel before Disney bought it out. Now it is all sensational nonsense.

Yep, even the "Chasing Mummies" special is pretty much a waste. .

I must admit that I'm very shocked to head that almost everything in that documentary was an error... I will investigate a bit more before getting too exited lol

I must admit that I'm very shocked to head that almost everything in that documentary was an error... I will investigate a bit more before getting too exited lol

You're shocked, I have to admit that I'm ticked off.

Every bit of programing on that channel and others shows me just how easy it is getting to make the people in my country fall for easily research mis-information, and what should be helping to fix that problem is becoming it's greatest cause.

Yep, even the "Chasing Mummies" special is pretty much a waste. .

Well Chasing Mummies is fantastic viewing if you enjoy watching an ill-tempered a-hole who's been given way too much power freak out every day. It's hysterical the crap that comes out of that guy's mouth.

• 5 months later...

Are you serious. I was just watching the History Channel. Might as well call it the FAKE AS HELL CHANNEL!

I can not believe this show Ancient Aliens. WOW. People really believe in this stuff or what? They show a Statue made during ancient times and there saying that the eyes reseamble fighter goggles. WHAT? It looks to me like it was an easy ass way to chisel eyes with a chisel. Flying saucers in hieroglyphs. Oh my, look at this, disk shape object, yep has to be a flying saucer. Now there is a weird looking goof on here saying " it was impossible for the ancients to lift a 250 ton stone with there technology, we have a hard time doing that with technology today". Is he for real? I think this dude needs to study more in engineering. I am currently wondering how these people know what they used back then. Very little documentation on how they achieved these great marvels. (Answered my own question here, leaves a very wide open interpretation which is bull)And by todays meens, we do not have a hard time achieving to lift 250 tons considering they make a 600 ton + cranes. Oh my. How disappointing our society is becoming.

I am so glad these guys are not engineers or scientist because from the looks of them, they were straight up nerds. Lets go read Dr Who and make up ancient crap to tell people. I really do believe I am going to quit watching this stupid stuff.

Are you serious. I was just watching the History Channel. Might as well call it the FAKE AS HELL CHANNEL!

I can not believe this show Ancient Aliens. WOW. People really believe in this stuff or what? They show a Statue made during ancient times and there saying that the eyes reseamble fighter goggles. WHAT? It looks to me like it was an easy ass way to chisel eyes with a chisel. Flying saucers in hieroglyphs. Oh my, look at this, disk shape object, yep has to be a flying saucer. Now there is a weird looking goof on here saying " it was impossible for the ancients to lift a 250 ton stone with there technology, we have a hard time doing that with technology today". Is he for real? I think this dude needs to study more in engineering. I am currently wondering how these people know what they used back then. Very little documentation on how they achieved these great marvels. (Answered my own question here, leaves a very wide open interpretation which is bull)And by todays meens, we do not have a hard time achieving to lift 250 tons considering they make a 600 ton + cranes. Oh my. How disappointing our society is becoming.

I am so glad these guys are not engineers or scientist because from the looks of them, they were straight up nerds. Lets go read Dr Who and make up ancient crap to tell people. I really do believe I am going to quit watching this stupid stuff.

Most refreshing. Professional demands generally inhibit me from viewing such material. However, due to the "Holiday Season", I just finished watching the same episode. While my personal evaluation would tend to be a bit (!) more acerbic, your review is quite valid.

The Greeks/Romans represent "primitive man"? George Noory is to be accepted as a credible reference? How many speculative and unsupported comments can be condensed into the available time frame? Ad infinitum. The garp level has achieved new and hitherto unprecedented lows.

Most refreshing. Professional demands generally inhibit me from viewing such material. However, due to the "Holiday Season", I just finished watching the same episode. While my personal evaluation would tend to be a bit (!) more acerbic, your review is quite valid.

The Greeks/Romans represent "primitive man"? George Noory is to be accepted as a credible reference? How many speculative and unsupported comments can be condensed into the available time frame? Ad infinitum. The garp level has achieved new and hitherto unprecedented lows.

More acerbic?!! Yeah, thats definitely a good term. I was holding back. I do however concur with you.

When it uses anything from "coast to coast" radio it's pretty hard to take seriously

More acerbic?!! Yeah, thats definitely a good term. I was holding back. I do however concur with you.

dj - Pardon my manners. Welcome to the pages.

Lets go read Dr Who and make up ancient crap to tell people. I really do believe I am going to quit watching this stupid stuff.

You dare to drag the Good Doctor's good name through this gutter?

Have at you!

Shnartke