Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Serious flaws' in Iraq intelligence

Kira

Fluffybunny: I will have to agree and disagree with you on your post above.

Let me be more specific as to what Babs valid point was:

...war can be a long and drawn out affair with lots of blood shed. We will be there for years

I wasn't very specific in my point. My bad.

I do agree with what you have posted StillCrazy.

Babs, My offer to give you a ride to the recruiters office still stands. If you are too far away, I would be willing to secure the services of a nice limo to get you there. I think that folks going off to fight for their country deserve a nice last hurrah as it were...

Your government and your president needs you in these trying times. I already did my 8 years and did my share as have others on this board.

Now it is your turn to put up...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tess

• stillcrazy

• Babs

• joc

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a sidebar, it is being widely reproted that the CIA was the major culprit in the faulty information. However, the Whitehouse's role, and the report in regards to that aspect, will not be released until after the election. Even though most of the report is done at this time.

Source: Congressional aid who spoke on condition that I won't blab her name all over the internet.

All i know is i definitely don't want my sons to enlist......or be drafted.....if i believed it was a war worth fighting,i'd feel different about it.

Babs,do you have any children?Would you want them to die for their country?Are you encouraging them to enlist?

Joc,sure,we have accomplished a few things,but do you seriously believe we can win this fight?What i'm trying to say is it will be a NEVERENDING battle,terrorism will never end....so how can we "win" something that will never be over?If you play against someone at a card game and you never finish the game,can you call yourself a winner?it doesn't matter if you played a few good hands,you're still not the winner.

You said " You people just have to pull your heads out of the sandbox of media soundbites and newspaper stories and SEE with your own minds the truth. ".....you need to pull your head out of the sandbox when it comes to Bush.....I pray he isn't re-elected,and if he is,you will eventually change your thinking.I'm not too keen on Kerry or Nader,but i'd rather have one of them win than to keep spiraling downward like we have the past 4 years.

Joc,sure,we have accomplished a few things,but do you seriously believe we can win this fight?

Abslolutely! This isn't cards Tess. This is war. And we will either win it or lose it. It isn't Vietnam. It isn't us protecting another country. It is win or lose. You better check your pessimism at the door and pray we do win. wub.gif

StillCrazy,

Back at you sir! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

FluffyBunny: Salute!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by joc

You better check your pessimism at the door and pray we do win. wub.gif

If you're talking about this war on terrorism ,of course i pray we win Joc.I'm not being a pessimist,i'm just being a realist ,and I believe it's a no win situation. sad.gif

If you're talking about this war on terrorism ,of course i pray we win Joc.I'm not being a pessimist,i'm just being a realist ,and I believe it's a no win situation.

There is no such thing as a realist Tess. Your thoughts are either of a negative nature or a positive nature. Fear is the great mind killer. I know you pray we win. And we will. Or we won't. I know what you're saying though. It could go on virtually forever and deteriorate into a situation like Israel and the Palestinians. I share your fears Tess. But I have to believe we will win...and in our lifetime. original.gif

But I have to believe we will win...and in our lifetime. 

Joc, I applaud your enthusiasm, and I hope your correct. But I see this has going on for years to come, and a lot worse than we have seen to date.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

SC

Tess...What is your prescription?....lay down and die?...and yours S.C.? What do you think we should do?

It doesn't matter about Bush or "why this and why that"... What matters is our survival. Do you think the terrorists wll let you and your families live?

....I don't know about you but I'd rather go down fighting.

Edited by Babs

Babs you have yet to address a single comment that has been posted in regards to the thread topic.

There are no WMDs in Iraq. There were no WMDs in Iraq at the time we invaded Iraq. This has been proven over and over again. The small amount of weapons that Saddam had in his country, were in no way a direct threat to the U.S.

Bush and Blair were wrong in their stated reasons for going to war. We were lied to. Plain and simple. They had faulty information. It is very possible they knew it was bad, and proceeded anyway. That is the definition of an unjust war.

Bush and Blair have made the world a more dangerous place, not safer. Ask the folks in Madrid Spain, who would not have been attacked if they had not sent troops to Iraq.

And to answer your question, I would do anything and everything to defend my country from an attack. But I am not going to condone attacking another country without solid evidence they plan on attacking me/us. "He might attack us in the future" is pure B.S.

There is no solid evidence that Iraq/Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. He may have sponsored terrorist in the past. But so has most mid-eastern countries at one time or another. Why have we not gone in and taken out those countries?

Babs, you can support Bush all you want. Thats your right. But when it comes to matters of international policies and world events. You might want to reconsider your stance and sources of information.

I don't know why I bother.

It won't make a damn bit of difference

Edited by stillcrazy

....I don't know about you but I'd rather go down fighting.

Nice platitude, but the point that everyone keeps making that keeps getting ignored is that the terrorists that you are concerned with aren't(and never were) in Iraq.

I don't think anyone here has said that the fight in Afghanistan wasn't justified or that we weren't right in going in there. Afghanistan actively harbored terrorists and refused to hand them over. That doesn't seem to be established in Iraq. By attacking Iraq we have increased the number or terrorists...

Supporting the war in Iraq isn't helping the "War on Terror" it is taking resources away from the actual fight to find real terrorists who are currently actively trying to attack the USA and it's allies. Iraq wasn't a current threat to us, and the current threat to us(Al queda) was put on the back burner...

So I take it you wouldn't want to enlist? I am sure they could use your help in Iraq...The offer for the ride to the recruiter is still there...

Tess...What is your prescription?....lay down and die?...and yours S.C.? What do you think we should do?

Lay down and die?Get real.....just because i don't support this war on terror doesn't mean i'm against defending our country.And it's not that i'm against fighting terror either,it's the tactics that i don't agree with.I have alot of neighbors that live down the street.....if i'm attacked,i will defend myself and retaliate.....if i attack someone first because i "think" or "claim" they have weapons in their house,you think that's gonna fly with the police or the community?You think i would get away with launching a preemptive strike on one of my neighbors?Would it matter if i stood up and announced to the community that my neighbors have weapons,or the means to produce weapons,so i'm gonna attack them before they attack me?Think i'd get away with announcing that my neighborhood is either with me or against me and if they're against me,i'll attack them too?Of course i wouldn't get away with any of it.....no matter what i claimed.....and what if i did attack my neighbor,but there were no weapons afterall?What exactly is the difference in me doing this and what Bush has done?

Surely i'm not the only one who feels this way............

Edited by Tess

Tess...that's a nice analogy and all, but you forgot the main event...911. I see all of this through 911. Most of the posts that are addressed to me would be relevant if it was Sept. 10, 2001.