Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon Cat/Hound (need explaination)

* Wishful~Thinking *

Well... I've not been on this site for some time now... But I think it's about time since I can't seem to think of or find an explaination.

This morning around 6:45am I had.. a dream. Or so I would think it was one..

Earlier in the morning (5:30 ish) I had put my cat in her room for trying to eat my hamster (haha, I know lol) So you can imagine my 'what the ****' reaction when I suddenly felt my cat jump up on the bed beside my head. I could also hear her meowing as she normally does when she's being cute and wants attention. At that point I'm laying there thinking..'how the hell did you get out of your room?!' Because I KNOW I locked to door. When I tried to sit up, I couldn't, all I could do was move my head around, but even after a few moments I couldn't even do that... My head and gaze was tilted to the left side of me, so when I felt my cat still moving around I was a little freaked out... THEN... It got freakier... My cat moved to my left, though still out of sight and well... she started talking. It wasn't normal talking though, oh no... She sounded very much like a demon of sorts, the voice was neither female or male, but a combination of both, very raspy and echoing.. The only words spoken were "My memories, my memories, my memories" repeated.. At this point, I got pretty freaked out, so when I felt my cat jump on the bed again I trying harder to sit up, but it still wasn't working. At this point... God help me, I about p***ed my bed when I felt my cat crawl over my right arm, only this time, I was able to move my head.. and I saw the scariest thing I've seen in years! Standing over my arm, same size as my cat was.. well.. a cat, but it sure as hell wasn't mine! It was black and grey, dark shades, it appeared a mixture of smoke, jagged edges, and fur, its facial features were dead set on me, jaws parted and mouth hanging open. Green glowing eyes staring at me as the same voice came from its mouth "My memories, my memories" It spoke the words in a threatening tone this time, and for the longest time I just stared. Absolutly scared out of my mind I kept my eyes on it and even felt the weight of it sitting on my arm. Now... I didn't just 'wake up', because at that point, I was hoping to God it was a dream. Instead it just... faded away, and as it did I was able to move, so I looked to the door and then back at my arm, it was gone.. however, I felt my right arm tingling. (No i was not sleeping on my arm, as I was still in the same position, on my back, legs stretched out, arms by my sides.) I had an extremely off feeling after that, and even now still do. I've not felt an energy, nor seen an entity like this for many years now, and now that it seems to be coming back.. well.. I'm just a tad paranoid. The last time I felt or saw such related shadow demons (or whatever it was), was at least 5 years ago, if not more. I also have a topic related to that experience if you want to go and check that out. In any case... I want/need feedback! Any explaination or suggestions would be appreciated <3 please and thank you.

• Like 1

I'm just going to be the first person to suggest this, because somebody else is bound to. Sleep paralysis maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to REM atonia, the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "by which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".[5] As the correlation with REM sleep suggests, the paralysis is not entirely complete; use of EOG traces shows that eye movement can be instigated during such episodes.[6] When there is an absence of narcolepsy, sleep paralysis is referred to as isolated sleep paralysis (ISP).[7]

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[8] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[9] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox (the Blackmore-Cox study) of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[10]

I'm not saying that this is what you experienced but it's possible. I hope you're okay after whatever it was that happened to you.

• Like 1

Ok maybe this might help also:

http://www.dreammoods.com/

To see demons in your dream, represent ignorance, negativity, distress or your shadow self. It also forewarns of overindulgence and letting lust give way to your better judgment. As a result, your physical and mental health may suffer.

To dream that you are possessed by demons, indicates ultimate helplessness.

To see a cat in your dream, symbolizes an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power. It also represents misfortune and bad luck. The dream symbol has different significance depending on whether you are a cat lover or not. The cat could indicate that someone is being deceitful or treacherous toward you. If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself. If you are afraid of the cat in your dream, then it suggests that you are fearful of the feminine. The dream may be a metaphor for "cattiness" or someone who is "catty" and malicious. If you see a cat with no tail, then it signifies a loss of independence and lack of autonomy.

To see a black cat in your dream, indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck. In particular, if the black cat is biting, clawing or attacking you, then the dream means that you must acknowledge what your intuition is trying to tell you. You can no longer ignore it. Do not be afraid to face the situation. If you see a white cat, then it denotes difficult times.

Generally, cats are symbolic of feminine power and independence. Have you been feeling that these characteristics are not being expressed within your own self?

• Like 1

Very interesting account...I think sleep paralysis played a part here though...

• Like 1

Interesting dream. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea we had so many "dream interperters"(sp) my dictionary wasn't handy, sorry. I perfer to stick with the basics of Freud and Jung, wich might make interesting reading but sure won't get you into the area of the "paranormal" like some of these have. My "professional advice", yes I am a "professional" btw, is to try recording any aspects of any dream you might have, say for about a month,and then throughly go every aspect of them, your life style, any changes in it, any emotional traumas or noted stress, home or work, anything that might put you in control of your situation would be worth trying beffore I suggest going into the "paranormal" for help/interpertations.

• 4 months later...

Well... I've not been on this site for some time now... But I think it's about time since I can't seem to think of or find an explaination.

Earlier in the morning (5:30 ish) I had put my cat in her room for trying to eat my hamster (haha, I know lol) So you can imagine my 'what the ****' reaction when I suddenly felt my cat jump up on the bed beside my head. I could also hear her meowing as she normally does when she's being cute and wants attention. At that point I'm laying there thinking..'how the hell did you get out of your room?!' Because I KNOW I locked to door. When I tried to sit up, I couldn't, all I could do was move my head around, but even after a few moments I couldn't even do that... My head and gaze was tilted to the left side of me, so when I felt my cat still moving around I was a little freaked out... THEN... It got freakier... My cat moved to my left, though still out of sight and well... she started talking. It wasn't normal talking though, oh no... She sounded very much like a demon of sorts, the voice was neither female or male, but a combination of both, very raspy and echoing.. The only words spoken were "My memories, my memories, my memories" repeated.. At this point, I got pretty freaked out, so when I felt my cat jump on the bed again I trying harder to sit up, but it still wasn't working. At this point... God help me, I about p***ed my bed when I felt my cat crawl over my right arm, only this time, I was able to move my head.. and I saw the scariest thing I've seen in years! Standing over my arm, same size as my cat was.. well.. a cat, but it sure as hell wasn't mine! It was black and grey, dark shades, it appeared a mixture of smoke, jagged edges, and fur, its facial features were dead set on me, jaws parted and mouth hanging open. Green glowing eyes staring at me as the same voice came from its mouth "My memories, my memories" It spoke the words in a threatening tone this time, and for the longest time I just stared. Absolutly scared out of my mind I kept my eyes on it and even felt the weight of it sitting on my arm. Now... I didn't just 'wake up', because at that point, I was hoping to God it was a dream. Instead it just... faded away, and as it did I was able to move, so I looked to the door and then back at my arm, it was gone.. however, I felt my right arm tingling. (No i was not sleeping on my arm, as I was still in the same position, on my back, legs stretched out, arms by my sides.) I had an extremely off feeling after that, and even now still do. I've not felt an energy, nor seen an entity like this for many years now, and now that it seems to be coming back.. well.. I'm just a tad paranoid. The last time I felt or saw such related shadow demons (or whatever it was), was at least 5 years ago, if not more. I also have a topic related to that experience if you want to go and check that out. In any case... I want/need feedback! Any explaination or suggestions would be appreciated <3 please and thank you.

Thank you for having the courage to share this experience. I found this thread by Scroogling (https://ssl.scroogle.org) "cat demon." I found numerous results linking to a crypto-zoological carcass being described as a "cat demon," and one other result here on Yahoo answers that presents a far more intelligent and effective solution to demonic night terrors. I found all of the above responses from your peers to be skeptical at best and worthless at the very least. There are no conventional dream explanations that will satisfactorily explain away this unacceptable attack on your person. Unfortunately, the "entity experience" is not something that one can describe nor believe unless it has been encountered on a personal level. 'Sleep paralysis' and 'Jungian Shadow' theories attempt to convey at least the terror but fall pitifully short of explaining away an attack by what we can only call a "cat demon" at this time. however, I joined this message board specifically to share my experience and reply to your hair-raising account.

It was 2 years ago when I was attacked in a dream state by a tall, thin, upright-standing white and furry entity in my living room. I have been disturbed ever since, and have been diligantly researching and developing my psychic defenses. Your account is eerily consistent with my experience, especially including the noise that I heard reverberating in my mind after it jumped into me and I woke up shaking violently in my bed, with horrific electrical pulses running up and down my spine - "My_Memories" sounded exactly like it! I wrote down in my dream journal at the time that it was a repeating noise with 3 syllables, emphasis on the first, like "SHA_CACA SHA_CACA" over and over again, in a penetrating cadence. In any case, the cat demon is more than likely existing on another spiritual / dimensional phase where it uses a specific noise and/or psychic energy wave to confuse, paralyze, and attack our astrally projected self.

Youtube (via Animal Planet) have begun to show us videos of the upright-standing feline. The ancient Egyptians venerated the house cat as god-like. The examples of the eccentrically behaving cat in animation and popular culture are ubiquitous. My intent is not to suggest that all cats are evil, nor polarize the reader into the usual "good vs. evil" rhetoric. My best explanation is this: not everyone in hyperspace is your friend, the veil is very thin for certain people at certain times and places, and humanity is beginning to be force-fed, naturally or unnaturally, into a predatory entity experience in a more public scale than ever before. The victim is even made to feel ashamed for lacking the "spiritual faith" to have avoided the rape-like encounter and is usually encouraged to "pray more" with disastrous consequences. Wake Up! Reject any ideology that does not best represent your survival and victory in all realms of conscious and unconsciousness. Find, repair and "plug the holes" deep in your subconscious psyche that wants to be a victim! The time has come for us to reawaken our ancestral powers on all planes of existence and begin to fortify his and her psychic immunity. Wake up! you are much more than a human being. You are all psychic warriors existing on multiple dimensional realities. There is a god inside of you, not dinner for your fears to feed! Rise, Awake and Kill your enemy!

• Like 1

you will get many explainations of what that might have been or even it was a dream. many don't believe half the stuff i say,lol. anyway, what i'm saying is true!,it was a demon.

demons can come in many forms and can do many things. they can make one believe what they want one to.and even make one do things to themselves as well as others.

i watch this show called beyond belief. many people went through some UNBELIEVABLE things.

so though i believe everything concerning the unknown,i'll go what!...that was true! when i was a teen i would wonder if anyone's gone through some of the things i've went through.

i never thought someone was wrong with me,because i know what i've seen. demons are angry

at God,so they're taking it out on humans,(makes sense since they can't touch God). peace!

• 7 years later...

I have had a very similar situation as well...Except the cat was trying to attack me by jumping on the bed and walking up and down my body as if it was looking for an opening to get in...the first time I seen and felt this happen my husband also saw it...neither one of us could explain it...we looked around the house for a cat..thinking some how the kids might have let it in...nothing was there...

A few years later I experienced this again..last night..I got up and went to the bathroom around 1 am..I know this bc I glanced at my phone..afterwards I got snuggled back under my covers..and within a few minutes I felt something jump up on my bed and I could feel the pressure of its body walking on top of me...I was freaking out inside..I wanted to jolt out of the room but I was afraid of what I would see...this went on for quite awhile and I prayed through the whole thing and have my self positive affirmations until I fell asleep doing that...then I woke up at 334 am and I hesitate to look around at first..hoping not to see anything then I went back to sleep with a slight fear of it happening again..

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Ive had a dream like the first comment on here about a demon cat, i couldnt move no matter how hard i tried and to be honest i didnt want to, but the cat it was black and white with very bright green glowing demonic eyes.. Which suited a feature that it held within its self.... Toxic vomit/acid, this cat could actually talk and laugh and it kept saying really freaky things also it was very aggresive towards me and cut my neck and while i was trying to sleep, smashed bottle and things to try kill me, he vomited his acid all over my bed with my brother in it so i had to kill the cat, i never did (the dream ended) and i have had this night terror twice now

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, Kgirton said:

...the first time I seen and felt this happen my husband also saw it...neither one of us could explain it...

That part got my interest up a level. Thanks for sharing. I do believe there are mysterious animal forms around but don't ask me to explain your full experience.

• 2 months later...

In January of 2015 I had a dream about 7 or more possessed kittens and I believe they were even white and very cute :( and a lady and some kids wanted to hold them, but I didn't let them until they were no longer possessed. I was like throughout the whole dream wth!

1 hour ago, Crystal Ball said:

In January of 2015 I had a dream about 7 or more possessed kittens and I believe they were even white and very cute :( and a lady and some kids wanted to hold them, but I didn't let them until they were no longer possessed. I was like throughout the whole dream wth!

Anxiety over something that appears harmless, but is not in your eyes. :yes:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Something similar happen to me quite some years ago.

My husband and brother went out to celebrate one Saturday eve. I of cause stayed at home with our 6-7 month old. We lived at the time with my parents.

I used this as a great opportunity to go to bed early. I have know idea about the time but, suddenly it was as if I was only lazing on a Sunday after lunch, my sun sleeping in his crib next to my bed, when I first heard like footsteps in the back yard as to where my rooms window were, then I saw this big gray cat with black stripes( like the Wiskas cat) about knee high climbed through the window and go around my bed to the foot end. I could actually feel as this heavy cat climbed on the bed and made his way to my back. As a cat love my first instinct was to turn around and stroke its fur, when I remembered my allergies for cats and swung over giving it my backhand and I heard it hitting the cupboard.  Then it was all pitch black, Saturday night again. The very next morning my husband woke me with a cup  of coffee showing me his lip where as I have hit him.

Joking and mocking him about it my parents obviously enquirer about this and hearing about this, my "dream" , my dad told me how the same cat sat on his chest suffocating him , being completely parallised, he called on God as to which he regained power and threw the cat against the wall and it disappeared. This as he himself was only a teen at the time. 

On a other occasion it happens to one of his brothers as to where they woke up to the gurgling noises of him choking for air. They saw this cat, same as to my description earlier, and this time it was talking in languages while sitting on my uncles chest. It only  stopped and disappeared  after my grandmother cursed it in the name of the Lord. My uncle was at young age then.

I don't know just what to make of this. I am a strong believer of the Lord and don't think there is anything stronger than Him but, can it really just be sleep parallelism?

How is it possible that the same thing could happen to multiple people? Symptoms yes, but the same visions? Considering that this was not discussed in advance amongst one another?

Just saying.

Wow! That is one awesome experience. Not to be mean! But I just love supernatural stuff like this. However, like I'd said before, there's nothing to fear. If you do have fear, you should conquer fear. The demon Cat, represents your fears. Therefore, don't hold back.

may the Universe bless you! And your lovely cat.

• 4 months later...

i also experienced this black cat when i was sleeping in a grandma’s house. I wanted to see what was happening in our previous house so my vision went there, but a black cat stopped me frozen in fear when it was about to attack me while i tried to sit on the couch. It was like, ‘why are you here?’ When it attacked me i woke up and felt like something was hiding in granny’s closet so i ran to the other room to report what happened.

that previous house i remember had a black lady who’s our maid that called me ‘beh’ or ‘baby’ but got fired. I suspected her as a witch, but she left before we even left the apartment.

if the cat is wild, it means you have foundational attacks. If you are afraid of the cat, it means you are afraid of your enemies or  afraid to be alone.

Just do a simple banishment. Something from your belief system or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

Even if you think it's just sleep paralysis, it works on that, too. 

• 3 weeks later...

You’re a cat lover right, it could just be telling you to look at memory’s of the past few days and revisit them from a different angle. You could have missed something or misinterpreted a situation.