Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is ET using Twitter? Scientists claim aliens

Still Waters

Sometimes it seems as if the expansion of the social networking phenomenon knows no bounds.

And now scientists say even aliens might not be immune to Twitter.

They could have been using cosmic 'Tweets' to contact us for decades, researchers claim - but we have been missing them.

While any 'lost in space' messages wouldn't exactly be restricted to 140 characters, as on the website, a study suggests ET is more likely to send out short, directed messages than continuous signals beamed in all directions.

The reason?

Because alien civilisations are likely to strive to limit waste and make their signalling technology efficient.

'This approach is more like Twitter and less like War and Peace,' said Dr James Benford, a physicist and president of Microwave Sciences.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• DONTEATUS

• BeastieRunner

• Galactic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I guess ghosts use the computer if you believe most of the ghost sites such as ghostudy so why not aliens, hehehe,

Well I guess ghosts use the computer if you believe most of the ghost sites such as ghostudy so why not aliens, hehehe,

True :lol:

I actually thought they were looking at the centre of the galaxy already...hopefully we will find something one day.

Well, people better versed then I in long distance communications say this is not possible as the message scatters too much.

But I want to know why we can talk to the Voyager probes if that is the case?

They dont use the i-phone I know that! :rolleyes:

If I said it once I've said it a hundred times. Quit texting me :lol: man eating smokers do not make for a good first encounter :P

Well that was a misleading headline :P! I honestly thought real scientists were convinced that aliens were using Twitter. :lol:

Well that was a misleading headline

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants...if everyone claiming to be, or be in contact with aliens over all the years was actually telling the truth!

They dont use the i-phone I know that! :rolleyes:

Long as they hold it the right way, it should be fine!

Edited by psyche101

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants...if everyone claiming to be, or be in contact with aliens over all the years was actually telling the truth!

That would mean there has been some twisted Aliens visiting us over the years.....

3480968717_b014111665_o.gif

Edited by psyche101

Its all the ET teen`s Doing it ! THey know how to hold the phone .put on make up,eat,drink,tune there intergalaytic radio`s all at the same time! They Multi-task on a Universial Level!

No wonder we seem so much like them? :rolleyes:

Well that was a misleading headline :P! I honestly thought real scientists were convinced that aliens were using Twitter. :lol:

Haha, didn't you know the word "claim" is the new "hard evidence" in the scientific community? :D

@earthlings UR cowz were but a test 4 r full scale invazn! Prepar 2 die! plz RT @Ghohich @Ohixij69 @cOwZrGuD @Kighgheq @Tom Cruise

Edited by BeastieRunner

DOUBLE POST POOOOOOOOWAAAA!!!!

Edited by BeastieRunner

Oh psyche101 we are not all twisted you never know if one of us chose to be :P .

Its not years my friend its decades earth has been visited many times. By the way about the scientist they cant keep much up if we used such things down to the line or etc only they well hit or miss each time!

I`ll even throw in a Free Smoke Job on Tom Cruise ! You guys bag-em-and tag-Him I`ll Cook Him and Carve him up for ET`s

Its all the ET teen`s Doing it ! THey know how to hold the phone .put on make up,eat,drink,tune there intergalaytic radio`s all at the same time! They Multi-task on a Universial Level!

No wonder we seem so much like them? :rolleyes:

Eteens!!

THAT explains crop circles :D

Ehoons on Ephones tearing up neighboring planets.

Edited by psyche101

Oh psyche101 we are not all twisted you never know if one of us chose to be :P .

Hrrmzz, you cannot tell me you guys do not know about X Ray, am on to you lot!!!

Need to use a probe indeed! <_<

Its not years my friend its decades earth has been visited many times. By the way about the scientist they cant keep much up if we used such things down to the line or etc only they well hit or miss each time!

I do hope you will forgive me for being a little skeptical on this one.... ;) Nobody has offered me so much as a howdy do!

org_esp_gungan-brh-235478.jpg

How rude!

See what you can do for me, can ya?

Edited by psyche101

I`ll even throw in a Free Smoke Job on Tom Cruise ! You guys bag-em-and tag-Him I`ll Cook Him and Carve him up for ET`s

With that head, you will need to chuck him in a Volcano and blow it up

:rofl:

I'm upset, I read the article, had some thoughts about it, saw there were 20 or so posts on it, was hoping to discuss it and you all are having a laugh and no discussion. :sleepy: Ah well, looks like you all are having fun, enjoy :rofl:

I'm upset, I read the article, had some thoughts about it, saw there were 20 or so posts on it, was hoping to discuss it and you all are having a laugh and no discussion. :sleepy: Ah well, looks like you all are having fun, enjoy :rofl:

Hey, knock yourself out! Discuss away, don't sook.

Can you answer my question? Why can we not send a coherent signal to Jupiter, but we can talk with the Voyager probes?

I well see what I can do for you Psyche101 that has little bit of hummer if i didn't lose it over the years!

Something about probing as well an old tale that people say other then they went though it all depends what you are refereeing to!.

if ones known about your tech that you called x ray you can imagine what they well do with it if they have something smilier that allows to see though clothing I bet males well go dig for it then females.:P

Like I said it depends on others have lot of knowledge and etc then they know the difference or have smilier to what you guys have but in different way of form or high quaintly.

don't worry psyche101 it don't bug me when you have little bit skeptical lest i didn't leave you out on some fun here.:tu:

Well, people better versed then I in long distance communications say this is not possible as the message scatters too much.

But I want to know why we can talk to the Voyager probes if that is the case?

Electromagnetic waves scatter by the inverse square law. Or, in other words, if you have a transmitter that emits with a power of Ptr you signal will scatter as it propagates and at the distance R the power will have dropped to Ptr/R2. Simple physics, unfortunately. But so far the Voyager probes are still within the reasonable communication envelope. And so is Jupiter and if we wanted we could send coherent signals to Jupiter :P

Cheers,

Badeskov