Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Need Advice

Cyberfly

The first question I would be looking at is , How long did the previous residents occupy the house , if they got out quickly it might indicate that they had a similar experience .

If they had no strange experiences in that house at all , then it may indicate that something from your past has now caught up with you , and if that's the case then firstly you have to work out exactly what that was before you can rectify it .

I firmly believe that such experiences come into our lives at that time when we are most likely to learn the lesson (that it's trying to teach us) from that experience .... My personal feeling is that this is between you and the entity and will require some soul searching to rectify .

Hello and welcome to UM,

I always like to talk to a btother in law enforcement, Iam retired from a small town police station my self. The one thing I do know is that every Police Station has a Catholic priest on hand, well almost every one. Iam not saying that the power of god is going to help you but the ritual of the exorsisim in and of its self is very powerful. You can ask your local priest or go to another town and find one if you are not comfortable with finding one there.

I wonder though, you said that the house was once part of an old school? Look up the history of the school, you should be able to do it right in the office if your computer system has all your counties info in it, or go to records. There should be information on any one who has died there. Our system backs up almost 100 years of information and so should yours if it has the right programs. There are not to many that don't these days. Do keep us posted I would like to know the history of that school though.

Be strong and good luck, Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl-

From what I've been able to find out, nobody has died in this structure, ever. About the worst thing that I can find is that the previous owners went through a pretty bad divorce, but even that wasn't as bad as my first marriage. Again, that nearly 20 years ago for me so I sort of doubt that has any bearing on whats going on now.

No indian burial grounds nearby. Closest cemetery is about 6 miles away. No underground water sources. No overhead power lines. No nuclear power sources nearby. There are three dogs buried out back that we've lost to the highway nearby but they were all faithful pets and wouldn't hurt us.

And thats another thing...none of our pets have ever reacted to this 'entity'. I thought critters were supposed to be extra sensitive to these things??

There are three dogs buried out back that we've lost to the highway nearby but they were all faithful pets and wouldn't hurt us.

And thats another thing...none of our pets have ever reacted to this 'entity'. I thought critters were supposed to be extra sensitive to these things??

Just a long shot but did the activity start after the first dog passed away? Perhaps it's a spirit of that pet?

Rocketgirl-

From what I've been able to find out, nobody has died in this structure, ever. About the worst thing that I can find is that the previous owners went through a pretty bad divorce, but even that wasn't as bad as my first marriage. Again, that nearly 20 years ago for me so I sort of doubt that has any bearing on whats going on now.

No indian burial grounds nearby. Closest cemetery is about 6 miles away. No underground water sources. No overhead power lines. No nuclear power sources nearby. There are three dogs buried out back that we've lost to the highway nearby but they were all faithful pets and wouldn't hurt us.

The thing with the dogs is, no one really knows. Personaly my dogs react to the entity in my home all the time but no one really believes me about it. My blue heeler will watch something on the wall or up near the ceiling and then wag her tail and follow it down the hall and into other rooms. I have heard of people whos dogs will go crazy on one spot on a wall and all kinds of stuff. Maybe your pets just dont see it. Try letting one of the dogs sleep in your sons room with him and see if that helps. Maybe just having another living being in the room will keep it back for a while. I don't know if it will help but at this point would it hurt?

Did you find out how old the origonal school building was? Having spirit activity going on does not always mean some one died on the property or even in the house its self. I have been having some problems of my own and I bought this property over 20yrs ago. I grew up here and I know that there was never any buildings here, ever. No one has died in my house either. But I have activity none the less. I think that a spirit can come from pretty much anyplace anytime they want. From what you said in your origonal thread the entity is focused on your son. I was talking to my husband about this and we were wondering if any one had ever died at the school when it was still in use as a school. Or maybe someone who went to that school that died while still attending the school and who may have had strong ties to the school, like a Football Player or some other Jock or even a bully. Maybe this entity is focused on your son because it can identify with him the most, maybe same age? Gender? Sport played? I know that the problems Iam having are nothing compared to yours. I really wish there was some other advice I could give but lots of members have already givin some real good advice so I think your covered on that. Iam curious about the school though, more for my own project at this point because as I said, no one as ever died here but yet they are here non the less. I do wish you the best, it is not easy having to deal with the living and the dead at the same time. I wish you all the best and I hope your children come out of this ok, I know there is nothing more frieghtening than not being able to protect your children

All the best, Rocketgirl

Well, this was just the cafeteria of the old school, but again, nothing special about it.

How old the original structure is? That would be really tough to date...but it might can be done. The school, I'm sure has probably had a student die while attending, but to my knowledge, not AT the school. The original school building was torn down in the 70's and the cafeteria was already gone by then, so...it's pretty old.

I had sent an email off to TAPS prior to finding this site. They eventually forwarded it to some spin off group in our state. I guess since we didn't want to be on TV they didn't want to mess with us.

They didn't have any new advice for us other than what you guys told me. Burn sage, go room to room and 'bless' the house and say prayers, be firm, tell it to leave, etc.

I just wish the church group would hurry up and get back with me.

If the school is as old as you think it is, someone could have died there or near to the school while it was being used as a School. Ask around to some of the older residence or go to records and find out when it was built and any history on the origonal building. Did you try to find a catholic priest? Like I said the other day, I don't think the exorsisim is about god at all, but rather the power of the ritual and the people involved. It sure sounds like you have your hands full and I wish there was more that I could do to help. Iam kinda dealing with my own spiritual problem, but mine has not become as agressive as yours. No body ever died in this house or on this property but I don't think that makes a difference. I believe that a spirit can be drawn to a place that held some speciel meaning for them when they were alive. They did not actually have to die there to haunt it.

Good luck, and I hope for the sake of your children that this matter is resolved quickly. Have you thought about moving out of that house? Maybe not a bad idea.

Rocketgirl

Well, as stated before, we do intend to move eventually, but not right away.

And definitely NOT because of a ghost or spirit or demon or whatever this 'thing' is.

I'm not convinced that moving will be the end of it. We need to be rid of it. I've read that some of these entities can grow attached to a person and even moving won't get rid of them.

An interesting thought that keeps coming back to me though (it was brought up earlier in this thread) is...what if my son is somehow extra sensitive to these things and this thing is zeroing in on him? How do I find out if he has something 'special' about him that makes him attract these things? Is there a test?

Well, as stated before, we do intend to move eventually, but not right away.

And definitely NOT because of a ghost or spirit or demon or whatever this 'thing' is.

I'm not convinced that moving will be the end of it. We need to be rid of it. I've read that some of these entities can grow attached to a person and even moving won't get rid of them.

An interesting thought that keeps coming back to me though (it was brought up earlier in this thread) is...what if my son is somehow extra sensitive to these things and this thing is zeroing in on him? How do I find out if he has something 'special' about him that makes him attract these things? Is there a test?

Hi Cyberfly, a week has passed and no sign of the cavalry. I am disapointed and you must be frustrated. Still, you did say things had calmed down so maybe the mere fact you are 'on patrol' is helping.

Personally, I believe the plane of existence for ghosts is very narrow, literaly one slip, and their gone!

You are I'm sorry to say very much a slave to anecdotal knowledge. While very little is guaranteed, there are stories of just about every conceivable type of activity, making planning for your families safety difficult. In my opinion, you have the right attitude, sit tight.

I can only talk with a degree of certainty using my own experiences as a benchmark, thus I would advise ignoring any 'test' of your son, partly because any attempt, while well meaning, is likely to draw a spotlight on him, but mainly because I believe the real 'magnet' are all children. I have a suspicion that while in the 'bloom' of youth, energy is created and burned twice as brightly as any adult.

Somehow, these entities survive using the residue we mortals leave behind. So, where does that leave getting your wagons in a circle.

If you asked me Cyberfly, I would suggest that you cope with the knowns, that is;

in the same way that you prepare for an approaching storm, keep everyone together where possible, try to mask anger and frustration, lift spirits while affirming with the kids that you believe them and mean business. They really do have front row seats to one of natures best kept secrets.

Keep a close watch on the twins, not just your son.

Finally, there is a resonable chance that in there adult lives, they may have spiritual encounters with there youngsters, or hear about it from friends and colleages, making this experience just as important as say dealing with a snake or a grizzly. It is education so try to help them overcome the fear if you can, it will help.

No pressure! :lol:

My very best.

Encounter85

I've been wondering if the contact people have hoped your problem has gone away and they're hoping you don't call back. They're certainly taking their sweet time. :unsure2:

So far, I haven't heard anything back from those whom I was pointed toward. The first Padre who started me in this direction is nearly as frustrated as I am. He said he would contact the seminary and see if he could speak to the Dean and find out if there is anybody new that is working in this field now since apparently everybody he once knew are all dead or retired.

TAPS did forward my original email to their affiliate in OKC and they are coming out Saturday to do EVP's and see if they can figure out what it is. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stir it up, but if I can find out what it is, then I might be better armed on how to deal with it. Then again, they might not find anything either.

But it gives me a reason to finish the 'spring cleaning' I had put off! LOL!! Yeah...gah!

TAPS did forward my original email to their affiliate in OKC and they are coming out Saturday to do EVP's and see if they can figure out what it is. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stir it up, but if I can find out what it is, then I might be better armed on how to deal with it. Then again, they might not find anything either.

But it gives me a reason to finish the 'spring cleaning' I had put off! LOL!! Yeah...gah!

Well at least something is on the horizon with the TAPS group. I hope that goes well for you guys. :tu:

LOL and good luck with that spring cleaning! I believe you could be on your own with that one! :lol:

I've been following this forum for the past few days, and your story is incredibly interesting. Has there been any more activity in the past few days? Have the TAPS group came yet to do the EVP's? And if so did they find anything? I hope you are able to rid your home of this spirit, or whatever it may be. :unsure2:

Best wishes,

GoNomsGo

I've been following this forum for the past few days, and your story is incredibly interesting. Has there been any more activity in the past few days? Have the TAPS group came yet to do the EVP's? And if so did they find anything? I hope you are able to rid your home of this spirit, or whatever it may be. :unsure2:

Best wishes,

GoNomsGo

Actually yes, I'm very interested to see what the TAPS group comes up with regarding the EVPs too. I'm not a big believer of EVPs but at this stage, anything is at least something for this poor family.

Okay guys and gals...I told you I'd keep you updated. Here it is.

The state affiliation of TAPs came out last night (Saturday) around 9PM and they stayed til about 1AM. When they first came we had the cursory round of introductions and everyone came in and after they brought their equipment in and set it up in the dining room we settled into the living room and they explained that they would break into two groups. One downstairs, one upstairs. They sort of explained how they would do things. While they were talking I signed some papers giving them permission to do their thing and that I didn't care if they posted their findings online as long as they didn't use our name or location. Meanwhile one of their guys went around and turned off fans, made sure windows were shut, etc. and turned down the HVAC so that 'skeptics' couldn't claim air movement and to cut down on ambient noise.

Afterward I answered their questions and I told them basically the same story I've told ya'll...except I could use visual aids. I could show them how and where the pool floatie came out and across the banister, how far out across the stairs it came and HOW slowly it floated down and how it settled into the chair. While I was telling the story, two of the guys were standing in the entryway into the dining room as there weren't enough seats for everybody...there were...ummm..(trying to remember here) nine of them I think. Anyway, they kept nudging each other and nodding upstairs and the other would nod. One of the interviewers asked me about shadows and I told him, 'only out of the corners of my eye' and he said that is how you see them. I told him I just attributed it to old age and bad eyes, but he said no, that is how they appear to us. I explained how my daughter was all the time seeing shadows in the loft from downstairs and asking who was up there and she would get mad when nobody would answer. That was when both of the guys who were standing there nudging each other said in unison, 'We've been watching shadows up there this whole time.' The rest of them seemed somewhat shocked. I honestly thought they were messing with me, but they were excited about it. Then one of them asked who's bedroom that was and I said it was my girls. Then I asked why. They both said that they'd been watching the door open and close a LOT while I was talking. I sorta chuckled because I kind of thought they were messing with me, but I told him that I would blame it on the cat, but I threw her out just before they showed up. Anyway, they both volunteered to take the girls room and they were actually excited about it.

Anyway, I left shortly after that. They called me around 1AM and I came back and they didn't want to tell me what they found but I kept hounding them about it. The lady who was point on it and the one who had done all of the emailing with me finally told me that they had all heard a really loud 'sigh' and they heard audible voices but they couldn't make out what was being said. She was hoping the equipment picked it up, but she wasn't really sure about that because for the first time EVER they had a complete and total catastrophic failure of ALL of their equipment at the exact same moment. She said that they tinkered with some of it and got it 'kinda working' and that they had some backups in the cars but this was just unheard of. She asked me if we had ever had problems like that before. Uhhh, yeah. That's why EVERYTHING of any kind of value is on a battery/surge protector backup. Regular incandescent bulbs last less than a week...only CFL's last any length. Heck, even regular appliances don't last. We just figured it was the nature of the beast living here (pardon the pun), we never thought it was anything 'supernatural'.

Anyway, she said to give them a week to go through what they do have and that they hoped to have something next Saturday. I hope we can get a copy of whatever they get.

So, other than doors moving, seeing moving shadows and hearing voices, the night was a complete bust!

One of the guys did put a basketball in the middle of my girls room and asked 'it' to move it if it could, but I don't know if it did. So who knows, there may have been some 'ball games' going on that I wasn't told about.

So, that's it.

Ya'll are caught up.

They were all REALLY super nice. I kind of hated to see them go, but it was late and they all had long drives ahead of them.

But YES, when I hear back from them, I will updated this thread again. Or if anything else happens, I'll update the thread again.

Edited by Cyberfly

Okay guys and gals...I told you I'd keep you updated. Here it is.

The state affiliation of TAPs came out last night (Saturday) around 9PM and they stayed til about 1AM.

But YES, when I hear back from them, I will updated this thread again. Or if anything else happens, I'll update the thread again.

Wow thanks so much for the update! Sounds like shadow people, is that what they said about the shadows?

I can't wait to hear what they come up with after they sift through the data they've collected. Thanks so much again! :tu:

Why put "skeptics" in quotes?

checking back next weak..........

I might suggest getting a history of the house if you can. Who knows what you might turn up.

At the same time, make doubly and triply sure that it isn't something obvious - mice or something like that. You also have to remember that a new home is going to have new sounds to get used to - it could be just that. Also, be sure to look at the surrounding area - who knows what the wildlife outside the house might be sounding like.

If those things don't answer it, then perhaps it's time to take a look at the more paranormal aspects. Even if it's that, we probably aren't talking about anything to be scared of.

Cyberfly I too, have dealt with the paranormal experiences with my own child. Know that you are not alone. You have a lot of support here.

Because we're/they're special :w00t: LOL

:lol: Of course! I forgot!

Saturday has come and gone and so far, no word from the paranormal investigators.

I am REALLY having to fight back the urge to contact them. I know from experience that they have their own lives to deal with and they can't do their job with someone breathing down their neck and pestering them. Being an LEO and having worked my fair shaire of investigations, I know that to do one properly, takes time.

However, I've never had to try to investigate anything paranormal, so-o-o-o, I really have no idea what it is that they are doing other than what I've seen on television with their TV counterparts.

My older kids have been pestering the crap out of me wanting to know what they've found...are they coming down here to talk to me, are they just gonna e-mail me, call me, write me, etc? I dunno. They didn't say and I didn't ask.

It could be that their equipment crapped out on them and they didn't get anything. They did have trouble that night so, who knows.

Still, I'm rather anxious.

Sorry I don't have anything better to tell you guys.

I do have a rather 'weird' story to share. I wish I could say it was paranormal, but it's just too 'out there' to be paranormal. If it IS ghostly activity, then this is one ghost I'll invite to stay.

Let me give you a little back story on this one...

Okay...we've had one little plumbing problem that we haven't been able to fix yet on our remodelling project. It involves the sink drains on the bottom floors. The kitchen sink and the bathroom sinks all meet in one central drain line and then go through the most gawd-awful mess of 90 degree angles to finally hit the main drains. We've studied it and simply can't figure out a simple way to replace them yet, and since we are doing this remodel ourselves, we don't want to pay a plumber to drive out here into the sticks and pay a professional's rates to replumb this. Well...usually about once a year, we get a NASTY clog that CANNOT be snaked out. Impossible to do with all the elbows. Trust me, I've tried numerous times. The ONLY way to do it is to crawl under the house, cut the pipe (that is usually backed WAY up with gook) and snake out both ends from below the house while sitting in the slime. Yeah, lots of fun.

Well, night before last, we get a backup. It was due. We'd been REALLY careful of what we allow down the drains, but it never fails. We have kids. They don't care...they aren't the ones who have to go under the house.

Well, my nerves were just shot, so since its only the sink drains affected and it was 1AM, I drew a steaming hot bath to soak in and settled in to try to relax to keep from just breaking down or breaking something.

Well, while I'm soaking and trying to decide how I want to deal with yet another stressor, something bangs HARD inside the wall. I jump in the tub. I'm the only one home, no critters in the house with me and this was just behind me. There is nothing on the other side of that wall but MY dresser. I peer around the tub wall to see if something could have fallen off, but there is nothing there. Whatever it was was INSIDE the wall. I FELT it inside the wall. Yeah, I was a bit spooked.

Let me explain something else...we don't have metal pipes. There ARE no pipes in that wall. So I was a perplexed AND spooked. Just as I'm starting to calm down a LITTLE bit, there's ANOTHER bang underneath me and a bit further away and just a few seconds later a huge sucking sound across the room. The dadgum sinks are DRAINING!

I jumped up out of the tub and streaked nekkid across the bathroom and looked and sure enough...they're empty. Just the residue of the nasty water in the sink! I'm shocked. Totally shocked.

Then I hear giggling and when I realize where it's coming from...it's from me!! I was so thrilled at the very idea of not having to crawl under the house and get soaked in the nasty I just started laughing.

Now, I can't say that it was a ghost, but I toweled off and double checked under the house. No pipes brokes. I turned the water on and checked the main drain. It was flowing perfectly. Whatever 'it' was that banged the pipes dislodged the clogged and got everything flowing again. There were no animals under the house...and no way for them TO get under the house. All the accesses were closed and latched.

So IF this is some kind of ghost...this one can stay.

Now, if I can just teach this one to swing a hammer. And NOT at my kids! :innocent:

Saturday has come and gone and so far, no word from the paranormal investigators.

I am REALLY having to fight back the urge to contact them. I know from experience that they have their own lives to deal with and they can't do their job with someone breathing down their neck and pestering them. Being an LEO and having worked my fair shaire of investigations, I know that to do one properly, takes time.

However, I've never had to try to investigate anything paranormal, so-o-o-o, I really have no idea what it is that they are doing other than what I've seen on television with their TV counterparts.

My older kids have been pestering the crap out of me wanting to know what they've found...are they coming down here to talk to me, are they just gonna e-mail me, call me, write me, etc? I dunno. They didn't say and I didn't ask.

It could be that their equipment crapped out on them and they didn't get anything. They did have trouble that night so, who knows.

Still, I'm rather anxious.

Sorry I don't have anything better to tell you guys.

I do have a rather 'weird' story to share. I wish I could say it was paranormal, but it's just too 'out there' to be paranormal. If it IS ghostly activity, then this is one ghost I'll invite to stay.

Let me give you a little back story on this one...

Okay...we've had one little plumbing problem that we haven't been able to fix yet on our remodelling project. It involves the sink drains on the bottom floors. The kitchen sink and the bathroom sinks all meet in one central drain line and then go through the most gawd-awful mess of 90 degree angles to finally hit the main drains. We've studied it and simply can't figure out a simple way to replace them yet, and since we are doing this remodel ourselves, we don't want to pay a plumber to drive out here into the sticks and pay a professional's rates to replumb this. Well...usually about once a year, we get a NASTY clog that CANNOT be snaked out. Impossible to do with all the elbows. Trust me, I've tried numerous times. The ONLY way to do it is to crawl under the house, cut the pipe (that is usually backed WAY up with gook) and snake out both ends from below the house while sitting in the slime. Yeah, lots of fun.

Well, night before last, we get a backup. It was due. We'd been REALLY careful of what we allow down the drains, but it never fails. We have kids. They don't care...they aren't the ones who have to go under the house.

Well, my nerves were just shot, so since its only the sink drains affected and it was 1AM, I drew a steaming hot bath to soak in and settled in to try to relax to keep from just breaking down or breaking something.

Well, while I'm soaking and trying to decide how I want to deal with yet another stressor, something bangs HARD inside the wall. I jump in the tub. I'm the only one home, no critters in the house with me and this was just behind me. There is nothing on the other side of that wall but MY dresser. I peer around the tub wall to see if something could have fallen off, but there is nothing there. Whatever it was was INSIDE the wall. I FELT it inside the wall. Yeah, I was a bit spooked.

Let me explain something else...we don't have metal pipes. There ARE no pipes in that wall. So I was a perplexed AND spooked. Just as I'm starting to calm down a LITTLE bit, there's ANOTHER bang underneath me and a bit further away and just a few seconds later a huge sucking sound across the room. The dadgum sinks are DRAINING!

I jumped up out of the tub and streaked nekkid across the bathroom and looked and sure enough...they're empty. Just the residue of the nasty water in the sink! I'm shocked. Totally shocked.

Then I hear giggling and when I realize where it's coming from...it's from me!! I was so thrilled at the very idea of not having to crawl under the house and get soaked in the nasty I just started laughing.

Now, I can't say that it was a ghost, but I toweled off and double checked under the house. No pipes brokes. I turned the water on and checked the main drain. It was flowing perfectly. Whatever 'it' was that banged the pipes dislodged the clogged and got everything flowing again. There were no animals under the house...and no way for them TO get under the house. All the accesses were closed and latched.

So IF this is some kind of ghost...this one can stay.

Now, if I can just teach this one to swing a hammer. And NOT at my kids! :innocent:

That one made me smile..Thanks :)

As for the paranormal team , was it the actual TAPS from the show , or some affiliate they recomended?...Were they involved at all?

Either way , I hope you get some answers soon.

I also hope you will get to find out about it soon. :3

Please, be careful. It sounds like a poltergeist. Don't let the thing to destroy your family and friendship. It happened to me before and I still wish my parents were still together. :/ I still see things lately yet I would never find out the Truth. >.<