Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Chupacabra" spotted in Oklahoma

UM-Bot

A number of witnesses have reported sighting a strange creature in Oklahoma believed to be a Chupacabra.

"A group of teens in Tecumseh make an unusual sighting. The group now wonders if they ran across the legendary chupacabra.

A cell phone picture of the mystery animal backs up their story. "It's got long back legs and it's front legs are small. It has a long tail and doesn't have any fur," said Ryan Craighead. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Kfor.com

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lizardian_guy

• The Unseen

• jesspy

• Indiogene

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A number of witnesses have reported sighting a strange creature in Oklahoma believed to be a Chupacabra.

"A group of teens in Tecumseh make an unusual sighting. The group now wonders if they ran across the legendary chupacabra.

A cell phone picture of the mystery animal backs up their story. "It's got long back legs and it's front legs are small. It has a long tail and doesn't have any fur," said Ryan Craighead. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Kfor.com

intresting but the large paw print in the mud is to big to match the visual size of the cupachubra paws you see in the picture

That is interesting footage. I thought it was a dog to be honest, but it's front paws / legs look a little too short. :unsure:

Another sick Cyote.

Another sick Cyote.

i agree, i would like to point out that maybe everyone needs to chill with the chupacabra and start looking into whats making these animals sick... ya know in a "realistic" mindset... who knows, it could be something that would spread to our pets and/or ourselves... use ya head people :blink:

I AM A BIT OF A SKEPTIC WHEN IT COMES TO THE CHUPACABRA. HOWEVER, KEEP IN MIND, THERE ARE A LOT OF SPECIES OF FLORA AND FAUNA THAT HAVE YET TO BE DISCOVERED. PERHAPS THIS MIGHT BE ONE OF THOSE CASES.

I usually chalk these up to mangy coyotes or coyote/dog hybrids, but I have to say that this guy looks weird...those front legs are certainly odd-looking. It could just be the mange tho, if an animal gets it early enough in their life (while still physically developing), it can lead to deformities like this.

Awesone point j b. There does seem to be an increasing amount of sick animals popping up lately, and not that many people looking into why (which is probably the real important issue here anyway)

It looks to me like it is simply running. The front legs are pulled up under the body in preparation of extending them for a long stride. Dogs do this a lot of the time when they are jumping or running hard. Compare...

post-26883-044314000 1280081108_thumb.jp

post-26883-068381800 1280081122_thumb.jp

I think it is a coyote too. Or maybe someones dog. Probably has mange if it was fur-less.

It obviously still bares no resemblance whatsoever to the sketches produced over the years of a "real" Chupacabra. If it doesn't have a giant alien head, wings, glowing red eyes and glowing rainbow spines - it isn't a Chupa.

Yet again, utter piffle.

Doesn't look as if it could attack a bowl of soup.

Those always turn out fake. Call back when they've caged one that doesn't turn out to be a shaved animal that had prosthetics punched into it.

Edited by Lizardian_guy

It looks to me like it is simply running. The front legs are pulled up under the body in preparation of extending them for a long stride. Dogs do this a lot of the time when they are jumping or running hard. Compare...

I think it is a coyote too. Or maybe someones dog. Probably has mange if it was fur-less.

I agree with you there, Checker. I have photos of my dog, a Jack Russell, running around in our backyard and his legs look similar to that when he's jumping about. It's definitely a dog/coyote. Still an interesting video though. :)

Oh wow, I hadn't seen that picture. I find it highly amusing that people still manage to come up with blurry pictures in the era of numeric photography. This is the equivalent of someone recording a talking ghost on a mp3 player, then when you're supposed to hear it talk you hear the sound of a skipping/scratching disc and the idiot tries to blame it on the mp3 player.

intresting but the large paw print in the mud is to big to match the visual size of the cupachubra paws you see in the picture

Umm,Yeah your right,The tracks look fake,Why in the world would the tracks be straight and not staggered ,those kids seem to be lying,Just dont get the feeling they are telling the truth,Also the picture seems to be photo shopped and the location is right behind a High school.Hmmmmmm,yeah their lying just to get their 15 minutes of fame,Kids these days have no respect for anything and I dont believe them as far as I can throw them.DONT BELIEVE THEIR HYPE.that photo is fake. :angry2: <_<

It obviously still bares no resemblance whatsoever to the sketches produced over the years of a "real" Chupacabra. If it doesn't have a giant alien head, wings, glowing red eyes and glowing rainbow spines - it isn't a Chupa.

I love the way you said it wasnt a chupa,In english you said it wasnt a sucker,LOL

Chupacabras and coyotes brings up a topic I hope it's related to the topic we're talking about: the American Indian legends of the "trickster" a creature takes form of a coyote or wolf, a canine may be left alone by the humans...and the legend finds the "trickster" morphs into another type of beast.

In Southern Cal., chupacabra sightings became common in the mid 1990s, after the first chupacabra reports in Mexico made headlines in the US like the phenomena is more of a social trend in the Latin American culture than a real scientific one.

In March 1999, I heard about a phone caller on a local radio station in the Palm Springs area lived in the rural farm community of Thermal or Mecca (forgot which one) said he shot and killed a chupacabra and buried it by a tree in his back yard. I haven't got the whereabouts of that story, but serious scientists would came in and took the chupacabra remains to a federal lab somewhere by now.

Edited by Archangel Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Chupacabras and coyotes brings up a topic I hope it's related to the topic we're talking about: the American Indian legends of the "trickster" a creature takes form of a coyote or wolf, a canine may be left alone by the humans...and the legend finds the "trickster" morphs into another type of beast.

In Southern Cal., chupacabra sightings became common in the mid 1990s, after the first chupacabra reports in Mexico made headlines in the US like the phenomena is more of a social trend in the Latin American culture than a real scientific one.

In March 1999, I heard about a phone caller on a local radio station in the Palm Springs area lived in the rural farm community of Thermal or Mecca (forgot which one) said he shot and killed a chupacabra and buried it by a tree in his back yard. I haven't got the whereabouts of that story, but serious scientists would came in and took the chupacabra remains to a federal lab somewhere by now.

I'd have to say it's a coyote with mange. I live about 20 miles west of Tecumseh, Ok where this photo was taken. I see many hairless and sick coyotes around. Some are struck by vehicles while scavengeing road kill. It's sad to see them. They're very common and I see them day or night. I remain a little skeptical of the existence of chupacabras but anything is possible. I think it would be great to see one with my own two eyes. I guess I want to believe since I'm always reading websites like this one!