Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If one important part of christianity is wrong...

Stellar

Sorry for the title, didnt know how else to put it. Basically, its been passed on for a long time that Jesus was nailed through the hands, right? We see it in early paintings and everything... yet if Jesus was crucified like he is said to have been, with nailes through the hands... his hands would rip off from his arm under the weight right? What do the christians say about this? And maybe this isnt the end of the errors about Jesus... maybe there are more...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Magikman

• trublvr

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, its been passed on for a long time that Jesus was nailed through the hands, right? We see it in early paintings and everything... yet if Jesus was crucified like he is said to have been, with nailes through the hands... his hands would rip off from his arm under the weight right?

Stellar,

Are you serious here? Just because artwork portrays Jesus as being pierced through the hands, while he was much more likely to have been pierced through the wrists, doesn't really amount to anything. The most you could say is that the artists in question didn't have sufficient knowledge of medicine. Being that much artwork depicting Jesus' crucifixion was done at a time when crucifixion was no longer practiced, one would understand if folks didn't have the details of physiology straight.

All that aside, how does a mistake in the depiction of Jesus' death show Christianity to be false? As a Christian, I can tell you that whether Jesus was pierced through his hands or his wrists is not some important part of our faith, and it never has been. I mean, it is common knowledge that the Romans ran the nail/spike through his wrists, but in the end Christians are much more concerned with the fact the he gave his life sacrificially for the world's sins and to reunite God and humankind through that death.

Im not saying it disproves christianity, I'm pointing out that yes, this artwork is wrong, so couldnt a few other things be wrong too? People saying he did this and he did that... maybe thats wrong too. Wouldnt you accept that as a possibility...?

You're kidding me with this, right?

I think we've had enough discussions on everything having to do with what's wrong with the bible and Christianity, let's give it a rest for awhile, okay?