Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
whiteknight

Psi Balls (Weapons)

87 posts in this topic

whiteknight

(These are serious and important questions I do not want them to be disregarded as an unimportant forum because of my age and questions) I am wondering about the weaponry capability of psi balls I am 13 my doctor said that I’m going to be 6’4” when I grow up but I’m 5’9” taller than Lou firigno when he was my age and he’s 6’5”. I work out 3 times a week and can beat all my 16 year old friends in an arm wrestle, I am only 5% percent body fat. These statements may seem irrelevant but they aren’t simply because I want to be the ultimate fighter! (Don’t blow me off yet) I’m enrolling in martial arts and practicing my psi capability and I want to know if I’m wasting my time. Please answer questions in the following order. (1: how hot can I psi ball get (2: how much kinetic energy can a psi ball release if told to do so (3: how visible can a psi ball get? I’ve seen little red blurs but I want some that glow. (4: can they go into a beam? (5 how long does it take to make one? Thank you so much for your interest and thank you so much for reading.

Sabbath

Don't waste your time. Psi balls are all in your head, and do not exist, thus not being visible. Anime is, well anime. All fiction. Sorry to burst ya bubble mate, I was into that stuff myself when I was 13.

Edited by Blacksabbath
  • Like 3

whiteknight

Thanks man i understand and respect your point, the thing is im not exactly fore or agensed the psi community it will take alot more than them telling me that it exists and showing me a vidio and vicevesrca, Nither party will deter my opinion, yet for right now you can think of me as a child asking his parents about the monsters in his closet, it may just be in his head and he knows it and his parents say its not real yet there is still a curiosidy there. like the kid won't beleve untill he sees the monster i won't beleve until i see first hand that somone can make a psi ball. I hope that you respect my reply as mutch as I respected your answer. For any one that wants to answer my previos questions they still stand ready to answer.

eqgumby

If psi powers were real, they would change the world, irreversibly and dramatically. If ONE person could generate energy that was measurable in the manner described by "psi" communities, it would be a scientific breakthrough like the discovery of cold fusion.

• Like 1

Paranormalcy

Hello Whiteknight and welcome to Unexplained-Mysteries. I'm sorry I cannot help you with your questions but I'd like to make this post to other future posters in this thread:

Please, for others planning to answer in this thread, do realize this is in the "Psychic Abilities" forum, which, while you can still present your case against psi-balls and such in your post, this is the one place in the UM forums that persons seeking advice such as this should be able to get responses that also include like-minded posters with appropriate helpful information. We especially will not tolerate ridicule ridicule, mocking, etc. and WILL give out formal warnings and I *have* given suspensions for people who would not tone down their snide remarks to civil skepticism. Thank you. -Paranormalcy, Senior UM Moderator Staff

Edited by Paranormalcy

Mac E

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goal of being an ultimate fighter. As for Psi balls the problem lies in that no one has been able to measure psi balls scientifically and therefore prove they exist or even have an impact on their environment.

If you do persue psi balls do a couple of things, monitor your progress with them and get proof that they do what you say they do either through scientific measurements and/or video taping the proof.

• Like 1

Moonie2012

Life isn't dragonball Z. You aren't going to be able to throw psiballs in a fight.

Stick to proven beating implements, like hands and feet.

Edited by Moonie2012

DrawingPics

A psi ball potentially can go to as hot as your hands can take comfortably.

The amount of energy is limited by your psi strength.

When it comes to visibility, the answer would be the same for your second question.

And of course it can be like a beam. If you can make it round or square, I don't see why it is not possible.

As to how long, I do not know.

whiteknight

Thanks yall thats all i needed to know you've ALL been very helpful and thank you for the welcome this IS my first time on unexplained mysteries.com or any forum website for that matter and i hope that this helps others with the same questions. P.S. how did you know i like dragon ball :P

Sabbath

Thanks yall thats all i needed to know you've ALL been very helpful and thank you for the welcome this IS my first time on unexplained mysteries.com or any forum website for that matter and i hope that this helps others with the same questions. P.S. how did you know i like dragon ball :P

Ahh, most people who show interest in "psi" like anime, mainly DB/Z. The thing is it seems, when you sit with your hands cupped and focusing really hard, your mind will eventually make you think that your feeling a ball, and or heat. If you go to someone, hey feel here between my hands- the person would feel it as well- power of suggestion.

The reason for it not being visible, and never has been, is because it's impossible- as it's not there in the first place- people just think it is.

Comes down to, if you believe hard enough your mind will trick you. Psi balls and what not have yet to be proven to be real, other than anime fantasy. To avoid mods giving me grief, this is all my opinion :P but I'm sure a lot of people will agree. You are quite mature sounding for a 13 year old at least by the way, compared to the others I've seen on here, welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

aquatus1

(These are serious and important questions I do not want them to be disregarded as an unimportant forum because of my age and questions)

Don't worry about it. This topic comes up every couple of months.

I am wondering about the weaponry capability of psi balls I am 13 my doctor said that I'm going to be 6'4" when I grow up but I'm 5'9" taller than Lou firigno when he was my age and he's 6'5". I work out 3 times a week and can beat all my 16 year old friends in an arm wrestle, I am only 5% percent body fat.

Keep an eye on that. 5% isn't always (in fact, it usually isn't) a healthy thing in a growing teen. Some can carry it off, because of the ridiculously high metabolism of the average athletic teen (I'm not jealous, no, not at all), but make sure you get regular input from a qualified dietitian.

These statements may seem irrelevant but they aren't simply because I want to be the ultimate fighter! (Don't blow me off yet) I'm enrolling in martial arts and practicing my psi capability and I want to know if I'm wasting my time.

Well...not to put too fine a point on it, but yeah, you are probably wasting your time. If you are meditating to calm your mind or work on your breathing, fine, a clear head is a bonus in the middle of a fight, but if you are looking for powers beyond the usual, it isn't going to happen. When all is said and done, chances of it being real are just pretty low.

Oh, people are (mostly) being perfectly honest when they say they are feeling their forces at work. The key to understanding what they are feeling is understanding what the role of the brain is. The brain is, essentially, blind. It relies entirely on interpretation. It doesn't so much rely on sensory input from the eyes, from touch, or any of the other sense as much as it relies in the interpretation of this input. This is why you can have one input, such as a sheet flapping in the wind, and have it misinterpreted by the mind as a ghost, and thus create a feeling of fear (just as an example; I know some people would be tickled pink if they though they saw a ghost).

So, now that we know that the mind reacts to interpretations, not to actual stimuli, the next step is to realize that the mind can create its own interpretations (in extreme forms, we have people whose minds are so overwhelmed by incorrect interpretations that they have to be isolated into mental wards). Simple dreams are enough to inspire various different reactions from people in the absence of physical stimuli, everything from terror, to happiness, to lust, to terror. Everyone has heard of people waking up in cold sweats, randy, or happy.

The mind, then, is capable of creating physical reactions in the absence of stimuli through nothing more than interpretation. Basically, thoughts can cause the body to react. So, how does this connect to psi-balls?

The mind is designed. at its core, as a survival mechanism. To that end, one of its major functions is to shunt resources to where they are needed. If the stomach is full, blood is sent there to help digest. If the legs are pumping hard, blood is sent to them to provide energy. The mind does this because it has interpreted that this area needs the extra blood.

So, now our intrepid psi investigator assumes the lotus and begins to concentrate on his hands. The mind doesn't know a psi-ball from a flapping sheet from a hole in the ground; the mind only perceives one thing: hands. There is a lot of focus on the hands, and for whatever reason, the mind interprets that the hands need attention. Subsequently, the mind floods the hands with fresh blood, in preparation for whatever they are being focused on for.

The person concentrating doesn't know any of this. They suddenly feel that their hands are staring to feel like they are holding something. Why is this? This is because we know, from experience, that anytime we hold something, our hands feel "fuller". This is because the weight from the object is compressing our hands and the blood within them, creating greater pressure. Now, the investigator isn't holding anything, however the hands are filling up with blood sent there by the mind. The effect is the same. As blood fills the tissues, the pressure increases, simulating the increase in pressure from holding an object.

They also start to feel a sense of warmth. In fact, this greater warmth can even be recorded by heat-sensitive cameras. Again, the blood is to blame. The increased circulation results, quite naturally enough, in an increased amount of blood hot from the body's core, circulating to the relatively thin surface of the hands.

About this time, people start feeling a sense of detachment, a certain light-headedness, usually attributed to the energies flowing around the body. Actually, this feeling of light-headedness is the same one that a person feels after eating a particularly large meal. All the blood in the stomach, or in the hands, for that matter, is that much less blood circulating to the one organ that demands the highest blood supply of the body, the mind. Less blood to the brain results in a feeling of light-headedness.

In a nutshell, that is why people feel psi-balls.

Please answer questions in the following order. (1: how hot can I psi ball get

Well, anything over 106 F and the body is going to start to physically break down. That temperature has not been recorded in anyone not completely debilitated by massive fever. It has never been recorded near a persons hands.

(2: how much kinetic energy can a psi ball release if told to do so

No one has ever been able to measure any sort of force, let alone kinetic, from a psi-ball. Considering how ridiculously easy it would be to document such a thing, that should say something right there.

(3: how visible can a psi ball get? I've seen little red blurs but I want some that glow.

No one has ever been able to take a photograph of a psi-ball. This is usually explained by saying that you either have to believe in them to see them, or that you have to be psychically sensitive. Being that there are no records anywhere in history about such forces physically manifesting, I would posit that the visible psi-ball is nothing more than a product of modern entertainment media. Like the vampire turning to ash in the sun, its just something that didn't exist till Hollywood got it's hands on it.

(4: can they go into a beam?

No one has been able to describe how any sort of psychic force is supposed to propagate. It simple seems to be "there". Why psi-balls are regarded in a different manner, I don't know.

(5 how long does it take to make one? Thank you so much for your interest and thank you so much for reading.

You can find dozens of reports here and hundreds of sites on the internet with people claiming to have been able to make psi-balls the first time and people saying it takes years. What you won't find is anyone who will ever be able to put up. They'll have as many excuses as you like, and they'll put up a fairly indignant front about how they don't really need to prove anything to you, but there you go.

The martial arts were, for millennia, the most result-oriented industry mankind had. The simple fact of the matter is that if your technique did not work, you died. Educational evolution at its finest. Techniques that did work were passed on, and today, we have techniques that would be at home in the training grounds of the Greek armies.

But what about all these magnificent tales of holy warriors, or mystical battles? What about the ability to kill with a single touch, or stop a car with a swipe of your leg??

Well, we don't do these things anymore. We don't do them because, frankly, they don't work. Thousands upon thousands of years, hundreds of kings, shoguns, tribal leaders, all fighting an eternal arms race to find the best of the best ways to lay the smack-down on your enemies...all we have to show for these mystical techniques are stories.

I've no doubt that there is a psychological component to many martial arts, and most of them focus on making a person feel better about themselves for killing someone else. But after all this time, after so much research, so much obsessive, heated, searching for ultimate techniques...we would have these. If someone existed who could kill with one punch, they would be studied, the technique analyzed, then passed down to the rest of the troops. No one is going to be able to keep a secret for millenia. If it requires some sort of special conditioning, it would also be studied, and if it was effective, it would also be incorporated.

Today, the only people you hear talking about this sort of thing are people selling books. Sure, they have a dojo somewhere, and maybe even teach cops or something, but there is never a body count. Today's society, by pulling the teeth of the warrior's art, has opened the doors for the snake-oil salesmen to return and fill the heads of the weak with thoughts of effortless power. But it just ain't so.

But heck, that's just my opinion. Right up there with living in the wilderness without food an water. Make of it what you will.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

Emma_Acid

The amount of energy is limited by your psi strength.

And what type of energy is this, and how do you go about measuring it? You do know that energy isn't a noun don't you? It isn't a thing, its a description of a system's properties.

The idea of energy as a nebulous, ethereal power source is the bedrock of anything New Age, and a completely erroneous one at that.

• Like 1

MidnightStar

You simply are not ready to make one.Using it as a weapon? Using pychic energy to harm others is horrible and psi balls dont do much just for show in a sense. People that want something and dont have it. They dont have it for a reason. So I would just forget it. I could tell you a lot of things about it but I dont know. Why would you want to use it as a weapon?

And you can do anything with energy. Energy is all around us.

aquatus1
I could tell you a lot of things about it but I dont know.

I have to say that this sums up pretty much every argument in favor of psi-balls that I've come across.

• Like 1

DrawingPics

Sorry Emma, but could you rephrase your question? I don't understand.

Emma_Acid

Sorry Emma, but could you rephrase your question? I don't understand.

I was pointing out that "energy" is not a noun. It is not a thing that you can collect, feel and throw at someone.

"Energy" is simply a description of a system's ability to perform work. So when you say "amount of energy is limited by your psi strength", I want to know what this "energy" is actually a measurement of, and what system you're actually describing here.

Cause I bet my lunch money you can't tell me.

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 1

DrawingPics

This energy is not a measurement of any unit, but when someone is able to use it then it may be measureable.

DrawingPics

Oh ya I would like to rephrase my previous post. You can measure it if you can do it.

Emma_Acid

Oh ya I would like to rephrase my previous post. You can measure it if you can do it.

No. Stop making up your own definitions of scientific words.

• Like 1

Meridianite
Stop making up your own definitions of scientific words.
Why not, you do............
I was pointing out that "energy" is not a noun.
Duhh???

Definition of energy. Guess what?? It is a noun.

Edited by Spiritster

The Skeptic Eric Raven

(These are serious and important questions I do not want them to be disregarded as an unimportant forum because of my age and questions) I am wondering about the weaponry capability of psi balls I am 13 my doctor said that I’m going to be 6’4” when I grow up but I’m 5’9” taller than Lou firigno when he was my age and he’s 6’5”. I work out 3 times a week and can beat all my 16 year old friends in an arm wrestle, I am only 5% percent body fat. These statements may seem irrelevant but they aren’t simply because I want to be the ultimate fighter! (Don’t blow me off yet) I’m enrolling in martial arts and practicing my psi capability and I want to know if I’m wasting my time. Please answer questions in the following order. (1: how hot can I psi ball get (2: how much kinetic energy can a psi ball release if told to do so (3: how visible can a psi ball get? I’ve seen little red blurs but I want some that glow. (4: can they go into a beam? (5 how long does it take to make one? Thank you so much for your interest and thank you so much for reading.

If you want to be a MMA fighter, give up the notion of psi balls. Martial arts of all kinds will take your body where it needs to go. Dragon Ball Z & Avatar don't exist in real life. Pack on as much muscle as you can and train in multiple arts, particularly having a wrestling base will get you a long way. I have taken several martial arts and and I am gym rat for muscle building(weigh about 205 with 10% body fat).

HerNibs

Why not, you do............

Duhh???

Definition of energy. Guess what?? It is a noun.

We aren't talking about sentence structure.

This is the definition of energy and how it's measured.

Energy

Measurement

A Calorimeter - An instrument used by physicists to measure energy

There is no absolute measure of energy, because energy is defined as the work that one system does (or can do) on another. Thus, only the transition of a system from one state into another can be defined and thus measured.

[edit] Methods

The methods for the measurement of energy often deploy methods for the measurement of still more fundamental concepts of science, namely mass, distance, radiation, temperature, time, electric charge and electric current.

Conventionally the technique most often employed is calorimetry, a thermodynamic technique that relies on the measurement of temperature using a thermometer or of intensity of radiation using a bolometer.

[edit] Units

Main article: Units of energy

Throughout the history of science, energy has been expressed in several different units such as ergs and calories. At present, the accepted unit of measurement for energy is the SI unit of energy, the joule. In addition to the joule, other units of energy include the kilowatt hour (kWh) and the British thermal unit (Btu). These are both larger units of energy. One kWh is equivalent to exactly 3.6 million joules, and one Btu is equivalent to about 1055 joules.[16]

Nibs

Paracelse

with a 5% body fat U should be dead or dying

Paracelse

And what type of energy is this, and how do you go about measuring it? You do know that energy isn't a noun don't you? It isn't a thing, its a description of a system's properties.

The idea of energy as a nebulous, ethereal power source is the bedrock of anything New Age, and a completely erroneous one at that.

Emma, I wish I could see you live.. to prove the contrary.. I don't not believe in psi-ball, I'm not a new-ager yet there are things I can do that can not be measured but can be verified ... ;)

The Skeptic Eric Raven

with a 5% body fat U should be dead or dying

Not true at all.

5% is attainable with dieting and exercise, and you can be healthy there. Bodybuidlers during contest prep get lower then that. Many MMA fighters stay around 5%, the reason being is to be at the lowest weight possible with the most muscle.