Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans survived ice age by sheltering in

Still Waters

The last humans on Earth may have survived an ice age by retreating to a small patch of land nicknamed 'the garden of Eden'.

The strip of land on Africa's southern coast - around 240 miles east of Cape Town - became the only place that remained habitable during the devastating ice age, scientists claim.

The sudden change in temperature wiped out many species elsewhere around 195,000 years ago.

Researchers believe this could account for the fact that humans have less genetic diversity than other species.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Siara

• Still Waters

• Pauly Dangerously

• MysticStrummer

So the Garden of Eden, is a bunch of caves...? Well, that explains a lot.

195,000 years ago? I don't think I'll bother trying to use this one as a proof of Atlantis! :D

195,000 years ago? I don't think I'll bother trying to use this one as a proof of Atlantis! :D

here's your proof http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183476

or at least the closest anyone has come to it in my opinion.

Researchers believe this could account for the fact that humans have less genetic diversity than other species.
Another reason might be that the moment we detect a genetic variation in someone we try to bump the other person off. Skin a different color? Different hair? Not acceptable.

Another reason might be that the moment we detect a genetic variation in someone we try to bump the other person off. Skin a different color? Different hair? Not acceptable.

Thats true. But saying this "garden of eden" existed 195000 years ago is going to p*** sarah Palin off.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats true. But saying this "garden of eden" existed 195000 years ago is going to p*** sarah Palin off.

What a shame that would be.

She can't count to 195,000? That doesn't surprise me.