Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trekkers offered cave tours in Klingon

Still Waters

The Jenolan Caves near the Blue Mountains west of Sydney is about to become possibly the first tourist attraction in the world to launch tours in the fictional Star Trek language of Klingon.

The link between the world's oldest dated limestone cave system and the fictional Star Trek language is through a spaceship, the USS Jenolan, which featured in an episode of the Next Generation series.

Earlier this month two Klingon scholars from the United States flew to Australia to tour the caves and finalise the translation of a self-guided tour.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptozological Mascot

• Gatofeo

• Still Waters

• Sir Wearer of Hats

Klingon scholars? Is that an actual title or just something fun for the fans...like a super nerd.

I'd like to take the tour :)

"two Klingon scholars from the United States"

This is at once the most awesome, and most pathetic, thing, I've seen associated with the United States, I've ever read.

I do think the era of the nerd is definitely here. Flying cars are still not a full and wide-spread reality, but we do have guided cave tours in Klingon.

"two Klingon scholars from the United States"

This is at once the most awesome, and most pathetic, thing, I've seen associated with the United States, I've ever read.

I do think the era of the nerd is definitely here. Flying cars are still not a full and wide-spread reality, but we do have guided cave tours in Klingon.

Forget tours there is a Klingon Language Institue something that would be funny if it weren't so sad

Ah yes... the Klingons. The name of the fictional species says it all. If that weren't enough though, the creators of the "race" had to give them all mullets! People actually study this stuff? While I personally imagine them as ultra, pasty - white nerds in striped polo shirts and large eye-glasses, they're probably more like multilingual, multinational, bodybuilding lauriettes who dream of uniting the entire world under one mantle of peace. Or they just eat cheatos and spank a lot of monkey in their mother's basement... :devil:

clingy_klingon_star_trek_221715.jpg Edited by Alladar

I've always wondered if it is easy to pick up chicks at Star Trek conventions.

I've always wondered if it is easy to pick up chicks at Star Trek conventions.

Are there any chicks at a Star Trek conventions?

Edited by mutationman

I find it amazing that historically important languages like latin have nearly died out yet a full understanding of klingon is on the rise

This is still minor compared to http://www.jedichurch.org/ or http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/ to name a few websites out there.

I went to the temple of the jedi order website for a good laugh, but I was surprised... they don't actually seem to be trying to get people to believe in anything supernatural, but rather just to commit to being a good person... It's actually kind'a cool... would've been cooler if they had light sabers though!

I honestly wonder how it will go. I don't know a single person that would attend. I am a long way from Sydney, let alone Jenolan though. Seen the caves when young, pretty impressive.

There better be some blood wine and waiters walking around with some fresh Gagh as if it's dead I will have to bring out my bat'leth and call someone an honourless targ :ph34r:

To funny.

I find it amazing that historically important languages like latin have nearly died out yet a full understanding of klingon is on the rise

Not too mention Esperanto.. who was to unite all nations under one language

I don't know a single person that would attend.

Me either. :lol:

Surely, there are caves in the US they could've used for this! <_<

Are there any chicks at a Star Trek conventions?

You betcha....

3803617307fded9ab20c.jpg

Edited by pixiii

Right ... I know where the 501st is having their annual picnic....

Can't get people interested in Latin and ancient Greek, but they'll study Klingon?

A pathetic comment on the ignorance of the last few generations.

Reminds me of the alternate juror in the O.J. Simpson case years ago, who wore a Star Trek uniform each day of the trial.

If I were on trial for my life, as O.J. was at the time, I'd be yelling bloody murder over the courts' decision to retain her.

Um ... okay ... mebbe "bloody murder" was a poor choice of words in this example ... :unsure2: