Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ground Zero Mosque

Karlis

Shold the mosque be approved? Or not approved?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the building of a mosque be approved?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Mainpoint

• Leah G.

• Agent X

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe that was true in his early years, but by the time he blew up the Murrah Building, he was saying things like, "Science is my religion." Sorry, selectively mining information from Wikipedia really doesn't fly.

What i pointed out was evidence that is supported by people that observed him. As far as saying Science is my religion goes does not mean i am a roman catholic no more or i dont believe in jesus no more. Many christians study science and believe in science. How can you be 100% sure he stopped believing jesus as his saviour?

Because he said so in the interview that he was an agnostic at the time of the Bombing?

And now we're going waaaaaaaaay off topic.

And what does this have to do with anything? :mellow: I can post random videos, too.

The purpose of these videos is that people who are blaming islam to justify their opposition to having the mosque built in accordance with US laws and american values should judge for themselves and look at the facts about origins of terrorisms rather than blindly listening to Sarah Palin.

What i pointed out was evidence that is supported by people that observed him. As far as saying Science is my religion goes does not mean i am a roman catholic no more or i dont believe in jesus no more. Many christians study science and believe in science. How can you be 100% sure he stopped believing jesus as his saviour?

As I said, it was from his early life, not from the period when he decided to blow up buildings. Of course I can't be 100% sure, but, unfortunately for you, the evidence points in my direction. How can you be 100% sure that I'm not some psychotic AI bent on destroying the world? Oh wait, you can't. But, the evidence, in this case, does not point in my direction.

Edited by socrates.junior

As I said, it was from his early life, not from the period when he decided to blow up buildings. Of course I can't be 100% sure, but, unfortunately for you, the evidence points in my direction. How can you be 100% sure that I'm not some psychotic AI bent on destroying the world? Oh wait, you can't. But, the evidence, in this case, does not point in my direction.

I always kind of suspected you were bent on destroying the world.

The purpose of these videos is that people who are blaming islam to justify their opposition to having the mosque built in accordance with US laws and american values should judge for themselves and look at the facts about origins of terrorisms rather than blindly listening to Sarah Palin.

How are those things even remotely related? :blink: Are you throwing around random names, words, events and videos hoping something would stick?

How are those things even remotely related? :blink: Are you throwing around random names, words, events and videos hoping something would stick?

I have made my point. If you are having difficulty understanding my point PM me with specific questions there are other posters here who maybe wanting to discuss other points pertaining to the topic.

You made no point. We were discussing the best way to deal with terrorism and you started rambling about Reagan, the GZ mosque, Sarah Palin, and American values.

But yes, this is off-topic.

You made no point. We were discussing the best way to deal with terrorism .....

But yes, this is off-topic.

That was my point 1st step to dealing with something is to understand the origins of that thing...........anyhows I agree the arguments would veer off track from the original topic.

I don't listen to Sarah Palin. I know the so called "history" of terrorism. The only reason they want to build a mosque on or near ground zero is to stir controversy. That's it no other reason. To create havoc and discord, which, if you look at the history of terrorism is an often deployed terrorist tactic. No one is saying "you can't build", they're saying "don't build there".

I don't listen to Sarah Palin. I know the so called "history" of terrorism. The only reason they want to build a mosque on or near ground zero is to stir controversy. That's it no other reason. To create havoc and discord, which, if you look at the history of terrorism is an often deployed terrorist tactic. No one is saying "you can't build", they're saying "don't build there".

:w00t:

I dont know what to say you are filled with gross misinformation. "they" the people who are building the mosque are not terrorists infact they will likely be offended by your accusations.

Holy crap, the guys who want to build the Mosques themselves thaqt its purpose was to thumb their noses at NY and the people who died at 911. That makes you and anybody who shares your beliefs misinformed.

Why do "they" (Abdul Rauf) refuse to say Hamas is a terrorist group? Why do "they" have links to radical Islamic groups? Why do "they" support the oppressive Sharia?

Holy crap, the guys who want to build the Mosques themselves thaqt its purpose was to thumb their noses at NY and the people who died at 911. That makes you and anybody who shares your beliefs misinformed.

see that is why US has bill of rights for individuals so someone cant just make up false stories to stymie someones elses rights.

It is not a false story.

Raheel Raza and Tarek Fatah said so themselves.

Why do "they" (Abdul Rauf) refuse to say Hamas is a terrorist group? Why do "they" have links to radical Islamic groups? Why do "they" support the oppressive Sharia?

these are irrelevant questions based on false assumptions. how is 9/11 and issue of mosque connected to this?. 9/11 is alleged to have been caused by Osama bin laden al qaeda and the taleban that originate in afghanistan whose origins I have provided to you

just repeating ahem my history lesson in case you didnt understand anything from my earlier posts.

these are irrelevant questions based on false assumptions. how is 9/11 and issue of mosque connected to this?. 9/11 is alleged to have been caused by Osama bin laden al qaeda and the taleban that originate in afghanistan whose origins I have provided to you

just repeating ahem my history lesson in case you didnt understand anything from my earlier posts.

Irrelevant questions? This thread is about the GZ Mosque. Abdul Rauf is the man behind it...

Doesn't sound irrelevant to me at all. Or do you simply like to deflect 'inconvenient' questions? :unsure2:

Well, she's obviously a racist bigot intolerant of Muslims. Oh, wait...

Yes, shouldn't the Bill of Rights protect Muslims from people like her? Oh, is that not what the Bill of Rights is about at all? Could it possibly be that the Bill of Rights is actually about protecting citizens from the Federal Government? Heaven forbid.

Edited by socrates.junior

Well, she's obviously a racist bigot intolerant of Muslims. Oh, wait...

Well, she did use the term "bleeding heart liberals"....

Tarek Fatah:

Isnt that the point of these forums to have issues with other people opinions :D

From what I have heard, this mosque is costing over 100 million... if this is true and bare in mind I have said the little magic word that a lot over look -> IF... well then why don't they build a smaller one and donate the rest of their millions to the poor people in Pakistan that are suffering with the flooding? 20 million muslims affected in these floods.. surely the american muslims could at least think about them and do something, instead of spending 100 million on a place of worship... even if they just build a smaller mosque.........If all their praying involves helping people.. then hello they have the funds.. they should do something!!!

From what I have heard, this mosque is costing over 100 million... if this is true and bare in mind I have said the little magic word that a lot over look -> IF... well then why don't they build a smaller one and donate the rest of their millions to the poor people in Pakistan that are suffering with the flooding? 20 million muslims affected in these floods.. surely the american muslims could at least think about them and do something, instead of spending 100 million on a place of worship... even if they just build a smaller mosque.........If all their praying involves helping people.. then hello they have the funds.. they should do something!!!

From what i have heard people in pakistan need 15 billion dollars of aid. The country is like 40% flooded or some number like that. They should help out so should everyone else to help fellow man in need.