Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ground Zero Mosque

Karlis

Shold the mosque be approved? Or not approved?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the building of a mosque be approved?

You may or may not appreciate the feelings and emotions engendered by something similar to this illustration for the 'Ground Zero' mosque.

Well, getting your images from Islamophobe websites does not really help, does it? Here is what has been approved for those grounds:

250px-Park51Rendition.jpg

Looks like any other modern Manhattan building.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Mainpoint

• Leah G.

• Agent X

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anybody volunteer to exchange the grounds of the Cordoba community for another further away yet?

I think the Governor of the state of New York did just that, plus offered financial incentives to move to a different site, yet the financiers of the project said, "NO", because they want the building to go in, not a community center to be put in. They want that building space. A community center could be built anywhere within ten blocks and serve the same purpose.

Lets have a Pro-Nazi Memorial Museum/School/Church in Isreal. What would be wrong with this? I suppose everything since it wasnt Americans being slaughtered then. IF Americans, then i suppose it would be ok then.

No, though I disagree with the Mosque part of the plan, I'm a bit more emotionally developed than that. This is not the equivalent of sticking a Nazi museum up in Israel. This is, however, the equivalent of putting up a German history museum in Israel, which would affect at least some Israelis with flashbacks and animosity. Considering there is so much more to Germany than Naziism, and so much more to Islam than the modern terrorists - although both Germany and Islam are rather less than innocent in the grand scheme of things to begin with - the justification on both sides "To build or not to build" is muddled.

Edited by J.B.

This is also why I suspect bigotry might be at the real heart of the protest:

The guy just looked like a Muslim and look at the reaction from the crowd.

:angry2:

Edited by Agent X

Would that that were true.Looking it up on Google Map shows that 51 Park Place is only 500 FEET from the edge of the Ground Zero zone. There's 5280 feet in a mile, so even if you take West Broadway north and then scoot over down Park Place, it is WAY LESS then a fifth of a mile. Even if you measure from the center of ground zero it is less then half a mile.post-26883-097566400 1282525451_thumb.jp500 feet is a little LESS then TWO football fields.As long as the money for the Project is Clean then I say go ahead.

According to the video I posted, it's more like 4-5 blocks from the planned memorial site, so not like anyone visiting the memorial will be anywhere near the center...

That is true. I'm not against the center, I'm just pointing out that it is very close, because people are saying it is not close.

In ten more years no one would care at all, and if it was 2 blocks further away, no one would care.

But, why do the people funding the project insist on this site and not any other. It is not like it was difficult for them to get this site, so another site would probably be just as easy to get approved.

And then there is the question of where the 100 million dollars is coming from. If it was the KKK, or the Neo-Nazis funding the project wouldn't you want to know?

There's whisperings of it coming from Saudi and other Islamic nations, although from what I understand, they haven't even gotten much of the funding they're after yet to begin with, so it's a moot point.

NO Mosque. No Sharia victory shrine in the shadows of radical Islams attack on America.

We are showing our true yellow-bellies and cowardice to terrorists if we allow this insult to happen.

Why don't we just roll out the red carpet for Sharia Law and go ahead and welcome it with open arms ?

Cultural suicide, in the guise of tolerance, is not a virtuous thing. Some Americans would rather die than be labelled a bigot. "Intolerance", as defined by the Left, is the worst "crime" or "sin" in modern American society. However, the "tolerant progressives" continue to demonstrate that they are anything but.

The problem is the left uses the race card (Islamophobia nd others) with just about anything they disagree with in order to silence opposition. Because, shameful as it may be, it works, it automatically does shut discussion down because those accused of it are automatically put on the defense rather than the attack because if you don't defend yourself against it then it must be true.

Edited by Agent X

The problem is the left uses the race card (Islamophobia nd others) with just about anything they disagree with in order to silence opposition. Because, shameful as it may be, it works, it automatically does shut discussion down because those accused of it are automatically put on the defense rather than the attack because if you don't defend yourself against it then it must be true.

Islam is not a race.

And Islamophobia means : "fear of Islam". Which surely can be applied to all who soil their pants as soon as they hear Mosque.

Islam is not a race.

Race card includes bigotry towards other cultures, as does racism.

For example, racism towards Jews is primarily a cultural bigotry more than racial bigotry.