Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ground Zero Mosque

Karlis

Shold the mosque be approved? Or not approved?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the building of a mosque be approved?

From what i have heard people in pakistan need 15 billion dollars of aid. The country is like 40% flooded or some number like that. They should help out so should everyone else to help fellow man in need.

Every penny counts...and I do believe spending over 100 million is absurd.... when they pray to help others...they should donate...after all a lot of others have been

If they donated half the money they are forking out for their mossue, and just build a smaller one...and took 50 million <-- thaty alone could help a lot of mulsims in Pakistan, not all but helping so many is a good thing....and if they believe Allah would be happy..then all the more reason to help out...

It is so easy if a person is in a place where they are not suffering like those poor people in Pakistan.. and do nothing...being selfish is too easy.....not caring is too easy....it takes love and care to really want to help

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Mainpoint

• Leah G.

• Agent X

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every penny counts...and I do believe spending over 100 million is absurd.... when they pray to help others...they should donate...after all a lot of others have been

If they donated half the money they are forking out for their mossue, and just build a smaller one...and took 50 million <-- thaty alone could help a lot of mulsims in Pakistan, not all but helping so many is a good thing....and if they believe Allah would be happy..then all the more reason to help out...

It is so easy if a person is in a place where they are not suffering like those poor people in Pakistan.. and do nothing...being selfish is too easy.....not caring is too easy....it takes love and care to really want to help

It's not only a mosque, Beckys Mom.

Park51, originally named Cordoba House and sometimes derided as the "Ground Zero mosque", is a planned $100 million, 13-story, glass and steel Islamic community center, which will include a mosque or prayer space, a 500-seat auditorium, and a swimming pool.[5] The facility intends to provide space for Friday prayers for 1,000–2,000 Muslims.[6] The proposed Cordoba House would replace an existing 1850s Italianate building that was damaged in the September 11 attacks, located two blocks (about 600 feet, or 180 meters) from Ground Zero in New York City.

That said, I hope you will not suggest that this is irrelevant -- that they *still* should send half of that amount for aid purposes. :P

That said, I hope you will not suggest that this is irrelevant -- that they *still* should send half of that amount for aid purposes. :P

Ahem.....they should still send half the doe ray me to the poor muslims that are suffering and scrap half their project - regardless what it is they are looking to build

LOL there ya go Karlis I said it :P

Ahem.....they should still send half the doe ray me to the poor muslims that are suffering and scrap half their project - regardless what it is they are looking to build

And your logic behind that sort of donation being?

And your logic behind that sort of donation being?

Morals? Caring? <-- this may seem extreme to so many but hey

EDIT you think a community center..mosque and a swimming pool holds more importance rather than helping out those poor muslims in Pakistan that have suffered bad with flooding? and now starvation? do you really think so Karlis???:hmm:

I'm saying this due to your posting up the article to show me exactly what it is they plan to build...including their swimming pool and place of worship..so you obviously must feel this holds great importance, otherwise you wouldnt have told me...

I hope you will not suggest that this is irrelevant -- that they *still* should send half of that amount for aid purposes
:hmm:

Put it this way.. if people are willling to fund so much cash into a project for group worship / prayers or whatever else...and their fellow man is suffering.. then doing what is right is the best way to go...

If you find that having good intentions, morals and even going as far as to give a toss for these poor pople is wrong... then you have a problem of your own....like I said IF!!!!!

Feel free to say whatever Karlis.. I stick fully from what I have said..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

:tu: I agree with you on that one. One can donate money to poor and in need of help instead of building buildings

Morals? Caring? <-- this may seem extreme to so many but hey

EDIT you think a community center..mosque and a swimming pool holds more importance rather than helping out those poor muslims in Pakistan that have suffered bad with flooding? and now starvation? do you really think so Karlis???:hmm:

I'm saying this due to your posting up the article to show me exactly what it is they plan to build...including their swimming pool and place of worship..so you obviously must feel this holds great importance, otherwise you wouldnt have told me...

:hmm:

Put it this way.. if people are willling to fund so much cash into a project for group worship / prayers or whatever else...and their fellow man is suffering.. then doing what is right is the best way to go...

If you find that having good intentions, morals and even going as far as to give a toss for these poor pople is wrong... then you have a problem of your own....like I said IF!!!!!

Feel free to say whatever Karlis.. I stick fully from what I have said..

Fair enough, Beckys Mom.

On the strength of what you post, I assume that next time there is a 'largish' community project being proposed somewhere in Ireland, that you will be the first in line to urge that such project be halved in size and cost, and 50% of the proposed value of said project be sent overseas as aid from Ireland; if or when there is -- (say) -- a major flood in the USA, and there is need for large-scale humanitarian aid.

Of course, you will also insist this be done with every future Irish community project, when such project coincides with a natural calamity in a place like the USA or other location that has close historical ties with Irish history, right?

Makes sense,

Karlis

Morals? Caring?

I think that you are confusing a religious organization with a charity. The amount of money spent by christians, muslims and Jews on building giant churches, mosques and synagogues is obscene. Why are you holding mulsims to a higher standard for charity than we hold Christian organizations? I don't think the building of megachurches stopped so that the money could be donated to Haiti.

Also, $1 million in NYC is not that much money. Sounds like they're getting a pretty good deal on this community center that is 2 blocks away from Ground Zero.

Last night I bought a book with money I could have donated to charity.

My company is expanding the parking lot instead of sending the money to charity.

Recently, a large church was built for the community, with a playground and gymnasium.

None of the money slated for the building's construction was sent to the poor.

Two of the schools I went to spent 4/5 years raising money for adding wings to the schools, both for updated libraries, and one including a complete redo of one of the buildings and the gymnasium.

Again, didn't donate the money to charity.

Despite starving children in Africa, poor and sick homeless in the United States, or what have you.

I think that you are confusing a religious organization with a charity.

Well.....dont a lot of religious people claim and I quote - Morals and charity all come from religion.... hop over to the religious boards.. so many will make these claims...

Last night I bought a book with money I could have donated to charity.

If your book cost millions to purchase......then hey they sure saw you comming LOL

You are not getting what I am saying here ..are you?

I am ref to those that pray hard for others....those that believe that charity is what came from religion in the 1st place...........those that claim they want to do all to help their fellow man...........so what do you have?? A lot of muslims with over 100 million dollars... looking to build not only a mosque...but a cummunity center and a swimming pool ect.......

So I made a moral suggestion........if they cared and like to pray hard for their fellow man...IE - the poor suffering muslims in Pakistan.........why not cut their project in half? build a smaller mosque and center... and donate the rest.?<--- it means both win... they get their mosque and they have helped a lot of fellow muslims that are suffering.. affter all I am sure they would believe Allah would like it..........

I mean come on.. they have the funds... they would do a lot of good...........I don't have millions but through Sky interactive I donated what I could..........If I had over 100 million I would be likely do give a lot more...I wouldnt make suggestions if I didn't mean a word of it

:tu: I agree with you on that one. One can donate money to poor and in need of help instead of building buildings

Well they can still build their mosque and maybe a smaller cummunity center.. all I really suggested was helping out the poor suffering in Pakistan...for I am sure a number of them must have had family there too...

Fine, then let's see you donate half of your salary to charity.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all.

Fair enough, Beckys Mom.

On the strength of what you post, I assume that next time there is a 'largish' community project being proposed somewhere in Ireland, that you will be the first in line to urge that such project be halved in size and cost, and 50% of the proposed value of said project be sent overseas as aid from Ireland; if or when there is -- (say) -- a major flood in the USA, and there is need for large-scale humanitarian aid.

Of course, you will also insist this be done with every future Irish community project, when such project coincides with a natural calamity in a place like the USA or other location that has close historical ties with Irish history, right?

I would if the same sort of disaster was taking place..where millions of Irish were suffering.......( assuming Ireland has that many people lol) ... I would think why yap over a place of worship to build and not donate to help their fellow Irish men and women that have suffered over a MASSIVE disaster

If that recent disaster did not happen in Pakistan....I would not have made any sort of suggestion..

If you wish to further complain at me for showing morals and trying to suggest for them to be fair...and still build their project only smaller and help their fellow man... then again I am not the one with the problem..and yet so many claim - oh without religion people wouldn't be so moral or give to charity.. it all comes from religion eh? <-- I've seen this posted many times...too many tiomes....and here you are getting at a non religious person for making such a moral charity suggestion to help others...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Fine, then let's see you donate half of your salary to charity.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander after all.

If you bothered to read my previous posts I did note that I have donated ..

I do not see a thing wrong with making a suggestion to say that it might be better to still build their center / mosque only not so big... <-- and strangely enough people do not seem happy with that... what is this sad lil world coming to?

I would if the same sort of disaster was taking place..where millions of Irish were suffering.......( assuming Ireland has that many people lol) ... I would think why yap over a place of worship to build and not donate to help their fellow Irish men and women that have suffered over a MASSIVE disaster

If that recent disaster did not happen in Pakistan....I would not have made any sort of suggestion..

If you wish to further complain at me for showing morals and trying to suggest for them to be fair...and still build their project only smaller and help their fellow man... then afgain I am not the one with the problem..and yet so many claim - oh without religion people wouldn't be so moral or give to charity.. it all comes from religion eh? <-- I've seen this posted many times...too many tiomes....and here you are getting at a non religious person for making such a moral charity suggestion to help others...

Another interesting point is that the promoters of Cordoba House refuse to divulge the source/s of the money for the building. There is evidence that Saudi Arabia funds will account for a large proportion of the total amount. *If* that is so, the mosque promoters have little or no ability to divert the funds to charity.

Another interesting point is that the promoters of Cordoba House refuse to divulge the source/s of the money for the building. There is evidence that Saudi Arabia funds will account for a large proportion of the total amount. *If* that is so, the mosque promoters have little or no ability to divert the funds to charity.

If that is so... then the Saudi's should send it then... IF they cared enough...

If that is so... then the Saudi's should send it then... IF they cared enough...

I think the Saudi's are more interested in spreading Islam.

I think the Saudi's are more interested in spreading Islam.

So they are more keen on spreading the word of god that does preach love your fellow man... give to the poor ect... <-- they just like to say it and foget doing some of it?? Talk about all talk and no action

So they are more keen on spreading the word of god that does preach love your fellow man... give to the poor ect... <-- they just like to say it and foget doing some of it?? Talk about all talk and no action

You know a lot of the time religion does the opposite of what they preach. Happens all the time.

We're getting way off topic here.

We're getting way off topic here.

You asked me if I donate previously... now you suggest get back on topic...looks like you should then....my post on the donations tied in with the actual topic at hand... as my point was YES build their mosque but only smaller and donate the rest..that is still on topic

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Yes I did ask, but it is still off topic.

My point is, you don't know how much if any they've contributed to relief in Pakistan, or what their future plans may be.

However, you want to tell them how to spend their money, and are criticize them for not spending it in a way that most people don't in any case.

You're drawing an imaginary line between them and every other single organization in the States, apparently due to them being Islamic.

However, you want to tell them how to spend their money,

Ya wot? come again? I like to tell them personally do I? where on earth did you get this weird idea from? .........I made a fair minded suggestion on an open forum...I did not go telling them squat..

and are criticize them for not spending it in a way that most people don't in any case.

Oohh this is queer... now you are accuing me of - Criticizing them??? what is this...national lets just add in assumptions and make up stuff for the sake of it week??

I never gave any criticism........all I did was suggest they STILL build their center and mosque only smaller and donate ...ya know a charitable suggestion for the rest...and you call that me criticizing them??? goodness me lol

You're drawing an imaginary line between them and every other single organization in the States, apparently due to them being Islamic.

Really...so me suggestiing helping their fellow man is now a bad thing?? since when?? Don't christians believe in it too?? a lot of people do...isn't it a religious organization after all.. don't they believe in helping out?? yes? no?

I am sure a number of them have had families over there....meaning relations...well they could have... that was one of my reasons to make a FAIR suggestion where there is a win win situation....and you complain over it...nice!!!

From the way you are jumping to the wrong assumptions.. you'd nearly think I was suggesting no mosque at all.... which would be far from the truth...I still suggest yes build one only not so big

Edited by Beckys_Mom