Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ground Zero Mosque

Karlis

Shold the mosque be approved? Or not approved?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the building of a mosque be approved?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• Mainpoint

• Leah G.

• Agent X

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then why does he support Sharia, which is clearly violent [against innocent people]? :blink:

I realize after asking this question dozens of times you're not going to answer it, but ah well.

dude most of the muslims dont even know what sharia is. Shocking thing is that they hear these things for first time from people like yourself rather than someone like abdul rauf.

anyhows if you wanna know what his views are i have heard hes authored 3 books perhaps you can buy them and read them, share with us too what you find. So far his views have been quite clear that he wants to promotes peace in the world.

dude most of the muslims dont even know what sharia is. Shocking thing is that they hear these things for first time from people like yourself rather than someone like abdul rauf.

anyhows if you wanna know what his views are i have heard hes authored 3 books perhaps you can buy them and read them, share with us too what you find. So far his views have been quite clear that he wants to promotes peace in the world.

I didn't say anything about the average Muslim. I'm talking about Abdul Rauf. Do you think he knows what Sharia is?

I didn't say anything about the average Muslim. I'm talking about Abdul Rauf. Do you think he knows what Sharia is?

Sharia as a word may seem something very simple but my basic understanding is its a very complex topic which on its own requires a very in depth study and there is no universal consensus on many things. As I wrote before perhaps any of his 3 books can shed some light on what his views are with regards to that topic which you can share with us if you like. I havent read them dont have time.

Sharia as a word may seem something very simple but my basic understanding is its a very complex topic which on its own requires a very in depth study and there is no universal consensus on many things. As I wrote before perhaps any of his 3 books can shed some light on what his views are with regards to that topic which you can share with us if you like. I havent read them dont have time.

Sounds like you dodged the question. :)

If you don't know what Abdul Rauf's views are, why do you keep saying he's a good, peaceful, moderate person? For all you know, he might be in favor of dropping walls on homosexuals.

Sharia as a word may seem something very simple but my basic understanding is its a very complex topic

It's ANOTHER LEGAL SYSTEM. That is all we need to know. It's a legal system based on one interpretation of the Koran. This guy said he supported imposing Sharia law in the United States. That's all we need to know. He supports imposing a different legal system than the one we have now, one that is based on Islamic teachings.

We have separation of church and state. He wants to impose a legal system that is based on a religion. It makes no difference that it's Islam. Jewish law Christian Law, and Hindu law would also be bad.

You are calling up all sorts of irrelevant red herrings in order to make this situation seem more complex than it is. Because YOUR stance is based mainly on a vacuous political correctness and the desire to rebel against America as it is. If you want to critique America-- go for it. Lord knows America's really screwed up. But don't throw up all this irrelevant intellectual dust in an effort to confuse the people you're arguing with.

The fine details of Sharia law are irrelevant to this issue.

Edited by Siara

If you don't know what Abdul Rauf's views are, why do you keep saying he's a good, peaceful, moderate person? .

Because thats what he says when asked directly these questions would you rather hear his views from him or another person.

It's ANOTHER LEGAL SYSTEM. That is all we need to know. It's a legal system based on one interpretation of the Koran. This guy said he supported imposing Sharia law in the United States. That's all we need to know. He supports imposing a different legal system than the one we have now, one that is based on Islamic teachings.

We have separation of church and state. He wants to impose a legal system that is based on a religion. It makes no difference that it's Islam. Jewish law Christian Law, and Hindu law would also be bad.

You are calling up all sorts of irrelevant red herrings in order to make this situation seem more complex than it is. Because YOUR stance is based mainly on a vacuous political correctness and the desire to rebel against America as it is. If you want to critique America-- go for it. Lord knows America's really screwed up. But don't throw up all this irrelevant intellectual dust in an effort to confuse the people you're arguing with.

The fine details of Sharia law are irrelevant to this issue.

Sharia means code of laws USA already has a code of laws. The man planning to build the mosque clearly has a high regard for US laws he has followed all US laws and regulations in having the building approved and you dont want him to build it why because you dont like that he follows a different faith than you?

You madam are being irrelevant by making up excuses to stifle his right to practice religion freely.

Because thats what he says when asked directly these questions would you rather hear his views from him or another person.

When asked directly, he also says he supports Sharia and refuses to admit Hamas is a terrorist group.

Why do you assume the best about him, instead of simply being indifferent or undecided?

Sharia means code of laws USA already has a code of laws. The man planning to build the mosque clearly has a high regard for US laws he has followed all US laws and regulations in having the building approved and you dont want him to build it why because you dont like that he follows a different faith than you?

You madam are being irrelevant by making up excuses to stifle his right to practice religion freely.

Sharia is Islamic law, not just any law.

If you don't know what Abdul Rauf's views are, why do you keep saying he's a good, peaceful, moderate person?

Well that settles it. I'd like to make the announcement that I'm a good, peaceful. moderate person too. I guess that's settled as well now. Do you trust me?

Actually I'd rather examine his previous behavior and statements in other situations over the years. I'd also like to check his acquaintances, given that several of the people he's said he admires most want to destroy my country. I guess relative to that his "views" don't interest me much. Behavior speaks louder than words.

Edited by Siara

Oh boy.

Have you ever heard of a concept called telling people what they want to hear in order to placate them so they can be taken advantage of?

You want to directly hear his views, here you go:

Edited by Agent X

Sharia is Islamic law, not just any law.

Like I said before his previous actions have clearly demonstrated high regard for US laws. He denounces violence.

Oh boy.

Have you ever heard of a concept called telling people what they want to hear in order to placate them so they can be taken advantage of?

But... Agent X, how can this be? He's already told us that he's a good moderate person. He said so himself. Isn't that enough?

Well that settles it. I'd like to make the announcement that I'm a good, peaceful. moderate person too. I guess that's settled as well now. Do you trust me?

Actually I'd rather examine his previous behavior and statements in other situations over the years. I'd also like to check his acquaintances, given that several of the people he's said he admires most want to destroy my country. I guess relative to that his "views" don't interest me much. Behavior speaks louder than words.

It is sad to say it views like yourself are shaking the foundation of america which is based on freedom and you are wanting it to have taken away.

Edited by Mainpoint

But... Agent X, how can this be? He's already told us that he's a good moderate person. He said so himself. Isn't that enough?

I'm not that trusting.

Color me evil.

Like I said before his previous actions have clearly demonstrated high regard for US laws. He denounces violence.

He doesn't denounce violent Sharia. Or violent Hamas. In fact, he admits he supports the former and would like it if it was implemented in America.

Edited by Pseudo Intellectual

Oh boy.

You want to directly hear his views, here you go:

well this post was pretty useless Walid Shoebat is not Abdul Rauf they dont even look similar

It is sad to say it views like yourself are shaking the foundation of america which is based on freedom and you are wanting it to have taken away.

It's sad for me that people like you are weakening the foundation of America by not addressing something like this with a common sense level of skepticism and reserve.

He doesn't denounce violent Sharia. Or violent Hamas. In fact, he admits he supports the former and would like it if it was implemented in America.

And we are supposed to believe every thing you are saying regarding him :blink:

It's sad for me that people like you are weakening the foundation of America by not addressing something like this with a common sense level of skepticism and reserve.

My position has been 100% clear from the onset which is i dont agree with having freedoms and rights taken away I live in america. this issue may seem trivial to some but freedom and liberty form the foundation of america and thats what makes america strong

He's the one who said those things, not me. Are you claiming he lied about his true views? Oh dear. :unsure2:

Why don't you do some research and find out if it's true?

Why don't you do some research and find out if it's true?

You can refer to post#571 for my clear cut stand on the topic

If you would like to debate with me show me points that asking him not to build mosque does not affect his rights as provided by the american contitution.

Addendum: I have had a couple of cheese burgers I feel like relaxing i will be back later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Mainpoint

It is not a false story.Raheel Raza and Tarek Fatah said so themselves.

Tarek Fatah is an idiot (personal opinion - I listen to him on the radio and can't stand him)

When asked directly, he also says he supports Sharia and refuses to admit Hamas is a terrorist group.Why do you assume the best about him, instead of simply being indifferent or undecided?Sharia is Islamic law, not just any law.

For the record, Sharia is only one part of Islamic law. Fiqh plays a major part.