Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gov't warned company

Galactic

Here's the story about the Government that has warned the company about the oil pipeline and monitoring.

By TIM MARTIN, Associated Press Writer Tim Martin, Associated Press Writer – 1 min ago

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. – A Canadian company whose pipeline leaked hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil into a Michigan river was warned by government regulators in January that its monitoring of corrosion in the pipeline was insufficient.

The U.S. Department of Transportation's Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration told Enbridge Energy Partners Chairman Terry McGill in a Jan. 21 letter that its corrosion monitoring in Line 6B, the line that ruptured, did not comply with federal regulations.

According to the warning, Enbridge was implementing an alternate way of monitoring corrosion in the pipeline, and had detailed to regulators the steps it was taking to track corrosion in the meantime.

But the agency warned the company in the letter that it was violating code by not using certain chemicals used to protect pipe interiors, not using proper monitoring equipment to determine it those chemicals were working, and not examining its monitoring equipment at least twice a year.

"The transition from one technology to another must be implemented in a manner that ensures continued compliance with the regulations," the agency wrote.

More to this story is here!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100729/ap_on_bi_ge/us_michigan_river_oil_spill

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• danielost

• Eldorado

• village_idiot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they don't just shut them down until they comply with regulations.

looks like we cant trust anything british right now.

Whoa...I live in Michigan and this is the first I've heard of this...:huh:

Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P, headquartered in Houston,TEXAS is a leader in energy transportation, delivering crude oil, liquid petroleum and natural gas and operating natural gas midstream businesses in the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast regions of the United States. The Partnership's Liquids Segment is conducted in large part through ownership of the U.S. portion of the world's longest liquid petroleum pipeline, which transports crude oil and natural gas liquids primarily from reserves in western Canada to refining centers in the Midwest and Ontario, Canada. The Natural Gas Segment consists of gathering, transmission, processing, treating and marketing subsidiaries operating in the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast regions.

The Partnership's units trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EEP. Shares of Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C., which manages the business and affairs of the Partnership, trade on the NYSE under the symbol EEQ. Enbridge Inc., based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, holds an approximate 27 percent interest in the Partnership through its U.S. subsidiary Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. (the general partner of the Partnership).

http://www.enbridgepartners.com/EEP/

Hmm...looks like a Canadian/US company.

Something yopu may be interested in, Daniel re the Gulf disaster.

"BP LLP owned the well that blew. Transocean Ltd. owned the rig. And everybody's favorite government contractor, Halliburton Co., conducted key tests right before the event."

http://www.thecro.com/content/whos-responsible-gulf-oil-spill

So you don't think Trans Ocean aka Halliburton have any responsibility in the gulf and now you jump on the blame game again here not knowing it's another American company that could very well be responsible for this spill as well. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Good post Eldorado I have a friend that works for Enbridge I bet she saw the blame coming down the pipe the min it happened.

So you don't think Trans Ocean aka Halliburton have any responsibility in the gulf and now you jump on the blame game again here not knowing it's another American company that could very well be responsible for this spill as well. Sheesh :rolleyes:

Good post Eldorado I have a friend that works for Enbridge I bet she saw the blame coming down the pipe the min it happened.

i was joking. but if all they did was drill it then no.

i was joking. but if all they did was drill it then no.

I know but you kid with a side of vinegar. It was a pipeline not a drilling operation ;)