Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Relevancy

8th_wall

Keeping the topic title short and sweet as to not provoke ensnarement :devil: (weird feeling of Deja Vu, may have tried to make a topic similar to this sometime ago however going to try to redefine the idea as I realise the problems that could occur.) :wub:

A generalization of relevancy in my opinion is "Seeing what you want to" <- I'm being bad here >.<, but I want understanding xD... Tired of talking about dimensions and no one grasping the concept. :ph34r:

I would like to propose this. :blush:

Variation 1.

The ability to understand the same thing twice is very exciting and allows the "higher" levels of the brain to evolve. :rofl:

Variation 2.

It is easier to understand "something" if you can represent it more than once.

Variation 3.

Society is incredibly left brain oriented and as a result operation within society is very left brain oriented. :ph34r:

Thoughts?

(Also I would like to point out that I am almost entirely left brain oriented too >.<)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8th_wall

• H.H. Holmes

• Black Hound

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl... I should probably change the clown too... Not exactly sending across a very positive message with that display pic I just realised... >.>

Edit: I like the clown just going to re add a Bebo profile if anyone is curious regarding my personality...

Edited by PsiSeeker

Everything is relevant, right? Just checking. I'd hate to think I sat through a bunch of classes if it wasn't.:lol:

How do you know who is left-brained and who is right-brained?

Are you going by handedness?

Everything is relevant, right? Just checking. I'd hate to think I sat through a bunch of classes if it wasn't.:lol:

Absolutely :). As your brain defines it allows for operation within reality where reality is directly limited to your ability to understand it. :D

How do you know who is left-brained and who is right-brained?

Are you going by handedness?

Nope, an observation.. "The most powerful" force in society seems to be governed by definite information. It seems that the left side of the brain is better equipped for handling definites. Do you see where my thought process is leading? (Trying to keep this topic as light hearted as possible.)

Absolutely :). As your brain defines it allows for operation within reality where reality is directly limited to your ability to understand it. :D

Nope, an observation.. "The most powerful" force in society seems to be governed by definite information. It seems that the left side of the brain is better equipped for handling definites. Do you see where my thought process is leading? (Trying to keep this topic as light hearted as possible.)

Umm... I would be lying if I said I fully understand your thinking yet.

So you are saying that we rely on definites because the left side of the brain is better made to handle them, instead of abstract concepts?

I'm trying to keep this light, too, but I just want to know if I got it right so far.

Umm... I would be lying if I said I fully understand your thinking yet.

So you are saying that we rely on definites because the left side of the brain is better made to handle them, instead of abstract concepts?

I'm trying to keep this light, too, but I just want to know if I got it right so far.

I prefer thinking of it as "Automatic conformity" than "rely." Rely seems to implicate intent. I don't think there is much choice in the matter to be honest.. >.<

But yes, that is approximately what I'm saying (on average, probability is a very strange thing on large scales)

Edit: It's starting to occur to me with growing certainty that the questions I'm asking can't be answered in the way I would like for them to be.. The hang up seems to be probability almost every single time.

Edited by PsiSeeker

There are not many certainties beyond certain scientific principals and facts of life like mortality. So we have to involve the right-side brain to deal with these concepts in a way that will suit the right-sided way of thinking. Like religion, we have to make our own certainties and hold on to them without provable evidence. It's a way for us to make a certainty, though imaginary, where none exist.

There are not many certainties beyond certain scientific principals and facts of life like mortality. So we have to involve the right-side brain to deal with these concepts in a way that will suit the right-sided way of thinking. Like religion, we have to make our own certainties and hold on to them without provable evidence. It's a way for us to make a certainty, though imaginary, where none exist.

The problem regarding probability dude is this...

It implicates determinism. Through large enough iteration within any state what is subatomic particles acting as waves of probability will become approximate definites within "time..." This is where the dimension of probability exists. Iteration through time.

Our brains are equipped to handle those definites but if it doesn't occur correctly you will be labled "insane."

You will literally start seeing **** if your left and right brain mingles too much.. Our brains aren't built to handle that perception yet

• 9 years later...

Bump, I feel this is more psychological, interested to hear what folk have to say nowadays following the recent debucles or whatever the spelling is