Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fan Voices

antonioooooooo

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone(particularly at night) hear things? like for example this only happens when my fan is on. I lay in my bed then out of nowhere i hear some of my thoughts at loud and it sounds like its coming from my fan. I can also think of a song or something and i hear it clear as day coming from my fan. It is very weird and sometimes scary because sometimes i hear weird talking or screaming like a someone dying and stuff so i get freaked out. This only happens at night

• Like 1

I do hear things but always just as im drifting off to sleep. I think more asleep then awake.

But if your awake then that sounds strange and scary. If it was me the fan would be out in the yard. :-)

I hear muffled voices. I don't know what they are saying. It has been going on for a few years and it is mostly at night, but sometimes in the day. I also hear music. It really freaks me out. I know its not neighbors because I live on 2 acres and they are not in hearing distance. Other people have heard the voices too. But then there are some people that don't ever hear it. Makes me wonder if some folks are on a higher plain. Is it another dimension? WTF? I just know that it really freaks me out.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone(particularly at night) hear things? like for example this only happens when my fan is on. I lay in my bed then out of nowhere i hear some of my thoughts at loud and it sounds like its coming from my fan. I can also think of a song or something and i hear it clear as day coming from my fan. It is very weird and sometimes scary because sometimes i hear weird talking or screaming like a someone dying and stuff so i get freaked out. This only happens at night

I posted about this exact same thing. When my fan was on at night it would sound like pumping riffs from a heavy metal track was coming out of my fan. It was quite muffled and I couldn't make out specific words but i could definitely detect changes in rhythm and emohasis on words, though I didn't know what they were. It felt really wierd but when I lifted my head off the pillow, the sound stopped.

I rationalized it and figured that I was hearing this through one ear only and that the air was being blown in such a way that vibrations in my hair were giving the illusion of sound, I guess my mind then interpretted it as metal. Crazy but I don't think it was anything else though other cases are probably different to mine.

I did used to get feelings as a kid of whispering voices and I can remember feeling like people were marching out my window when I was really young. I think they occur most often in the state between being awake and asleep when we are most likely to misinterpret messages as something they are not. Just my two cents.

• Like 3

I posted about this exact same thing. When my fan was on at night it would sound like pumping riffs from a heavy metal track was coming out of my fan. It was quite muffled and I couldn't make out specific words but i could definitely detect changes in rhythm and emohasis on words, though I didn't know what they were. It felt really wierd but when I lifted my head off the pillow, the sound stopped.

I rationalized it and figured that I was hearing this through one ear only and that the air was being blown in such a way that vibrations in my hair were giving the illusion of sound, I guess my mind then interpretted it as metal. Crazy but I don't think it was anything else though other cases are probably different to mine.

I did used to get feelings as a kid of whispering voices and I can remember feeling like people were marching out my window when I was really young. I think they occur most often in the state between being awake and asleep when we are most likely to misinterpret messages as something they are not. Just my two cents.

Me too..me too..all i heard was "better oil my damn bearings" :lol:

Strange and weird, my room mate thinks my bedroom is a portal to the forties. My 12" x 12" Honeywell fan plays big band music, and speaks in a woman's voice.

This is totally odd. I heard a scream coming from my fan one night and I got up thinking it was the metal cage loose as it was one of those oscillating fans but, no, the cage was just fine. Enoonmai, I've been in a place before where it was trapped in a time era and it was totally strange because I could hear a radio but could never find it.

My fan keeps speaking too, strange how many people it happens to, and after a fair amount of thinking i have come up with what might be why... Fans are made from souls, that is where the cool breeze comes from! Back to being serious now though... anyone got a scientifical or metaphysical explaination?

This sounds like something that happend in my husbands family home. The guy that lived next door had a huge radio antenna in his garden to talk to people all over. Problem was when he was broadcasting the signal was picked up by loads of things in my husband's house. Hearing voices coming out of the vacuum cleaner was particularly creepy. Could something similar be causing the voices on your running fan?

Electrical fans when they are on are always humming a low-pitch noise and you may receive a strange musical sound or spoken conversation out of nowhere :blink: ("Ugh...I'm must be crazy, the voices in my head"). :wacko: The technological advancements like radios (esp. the AM frequency) and your PC on idle mode, are sensitive to receive very low-decibel sounds not normally heard by human ears. That does require scientific investigation and inquiry on how these mechanical devices seemingly act like antenas.

Edited by Archangel Michael
  • Like 1

The chemical imbalance that causes Schizophrenia occurs not only when people are mentally ill but just before mentally healthy people are about to go to sleep. Its what enables dreaming.

Edited by Power Lust
  • Like 1

Yeah I hear music rarely as I go to sleep in my own mind, identical in every way to hearing from a stereo it lasts a couple of seconds as I focus in and end up going WTF?

My husband can't sleep without the fan on high. I've heard stuff before too. Like choppy voices coming through the fan. But it's not often. But I do hear voices without the fan. Usually it's saying "Rachel!" or "HEY!" I've even heard a little girls laughter before and it always..well usually...happens when I am home a lone. I've also heard whispering. I've just seen and heard things way to much in my life. What ever these disembodied voices are they stalk me. And about the music. When I was little I literally heard music all the time. And there wouldn't be anything on and no one else would hear it. Sometimes I would hear a song and later on in the day turn on the radio and the same song would be on. But that stopped for the most part as I grew older but I still hear it every now and then.

Pretty much it's your mind trying to sort out what it's hearing with the "white noise" from the hum of fans and other technology that have it. It's not a haunting.. you're not hearing things. *chuckles* It's all good.

• Like 1

Pretty much it's your mind trying to sort out what it's hearing with the "white noise" from the hum of fans and other technology that have it. It's not a haunting.. you're not hearing things. *chuckles* It's all good.

If that's the case, why do I hear big band music? I never even think of big band music, not that it's bad music, it's just not my style.

• 5 months later...

Sorry I'm a bit late to this topic but I must disagree with the "white noise" explanation! I KNOW what I've heard coming from my fan! It sounds like all the radio stations playing at once: I can hear different types of music playing, multiple voices talking, commercials and different languages all rolled into one continuous wall of sound! It doesn't happen all the time, in fact, I just noticed it last summer and I thought it was the neighbors playing their radio too loud. When I switched off the fan the sounds disappeared, and, yes, they continued when I turned the fan back on! I'm so relived to hear that I'm not the only one who experienced this phenomenon...I thought I was losing my mind! My guess is that it's caused by the fan rotating at a certain frequency at a certain angle..maybe it's picking up all the radio signals somehow. That's within the realm of possibility, isn't it?

Maybe when you are just drifting off to sleep, your brain is interpreting the noise from the fan as something from your past memories, since you are not fully alert and hearing it exactly?

To my memory I have never heard any voices coming from any fan. Not to mention I often sleep with a big ceiling fan on and then I have this little fan on my desk when I'm doing my drawing, but still I'd be pretty darn creeped out if I heard such things =S

I agree with SilverCougar. I have had a similar thing happen to me when my fan is on as well.

Sometimes it sounds like voices, especially male voices, talking. I heard that the brain indeed tries to make sense of the noise the fan makes as air rushes past your ears.

I think one reason people hear different things is because it depends on what a person is focusing on or is immersed in.

If one is into, say, rock music, then the brain may use that as a template for interpreting the sounds, if one is thinking about cars or repairing one then it is possible the sounds may resemble a voice speaking of such things.

No hauntings, no inter-dimensional entities...just auditory hallucinations.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I too have discovered this 'problem'. Wanting to sleep with white noise on, I put a small box fan next by my bed and heard jumbled comversations, as if from the neighbors through the wall next door. But of course there are no such neighbors because I live in a single family home. The noise got so unmanagable for me that I bought a 'white noise' maker at Walgreens that actually had: a babbling brook, or a thunderstorm, typical white noise like static on a radio, ocean waves crashing, and another I can't think of right now.

Well, of course the white noise one again was problematic with chatter on it, so I thought I would try the babbling brook since I found it didn't make me have to go to the bathroom all the time. OMG, I woke up in the middle of the night, and yes I was indeed awake, and there were two women talking about the doors being locked or not locked and going back and forth. And yes I have 'issues' because I have self diagnosed with anxiiety disorder. But I do not hear voices and am not schizophrenic or bipolar. I am diagnosed with intermittent depression (my words of course) times several years.

But you can believe me. I will tell you I have always been my own worst enemy. Perhaps that is why these voices were so distinct and specific.

your fan is a spy, a possessed spy, that is possessed..

did someone close to you died recently??

A person I know died. He may have been close to me but I was not particularly close to him. He was a nice man, though. I certainly hope you are wrong. I did loose a kitten I had to put down that was very ill and that lived with me in that room and adjoining rooms. Too weird though. I loved that kitten dearly.

A person I know died. He may have been close to me but I was not particularly close to him. He was a nice man, though. I certainly hope you are wrong. I did loose a kitten I had to put down that was very ill and that lived with me in that room and adjoining rooms. Too weird though. I loved that kitten dearly.

A lot of people experience a similar thing....it could just be our brains trying to find familiar patterns in the noise....Another phenomena is seeing faces of complete strangers when over tired just b4 sleep..

This is a very old thread and necro posting isnt really allowed..

That said cheers and welcome to the forum,... :)

Thank you. I am not intimidated at this point.

Ive gotten pretty paranoid myself...

My bathroom fan, at night when everyone is sleeping, I SWEAR I hear conversations... And I can recognize the voices too. Can even hear some actual words. BUT THEY ARE SLEEPING!

I dont know.... In my case it must be my imagination or something but it's pretty creepy. Too clear....