Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sighting: Pine Woods Cemetery Troy NY.

whitegreyhat

Well we were walking through the notorious cemetery, me and my friend vince. Nothing quite unusual. A couple screams, weird noises we heard. We also saw 2 figures above the line of the grass in black clothes, then they disappeared. WE SAW them both at the same time. Anyway during our random picture taking we happened upoun this picture, look towards the top of the tree.

user posted image

As you can see, the obvious orb, but the left is clearly a womans head with dark hair.

Here is the original file if u do not believe us: http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/whitegreyhat/GHOSTS/headoriginal.jpg

Just bring the picture into Photoshop and do IMAGE MENU-> AUTOLEVELS

Try it if your skeptical.

it SHOWS right up !!! out of blackness. Seriously awesome. So what do you think??

Also you can research a lot on this notorious cemetery that was in Life magazine and unsolved mysteries, etc. For the top 10 haunted places.

Troy: Pinewood Cemetery - Actually Forest Park cemetery but known as Pinewood to most locals because of the street name. It is rumored to be a Gateway to Hell. Life magazine listed it as a top ten haunted place and it is associated with Stull, Kansas, another known gateway to Hell.

Edited by whitegreyhat

UPDATE!!!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

We just took the dogs for a walk in the Albany Rural Cemetery around 12:30 am. We approached the cemetery with some ease. We went through the gate that was light. Then we started walking up the pathway. We noticed a cool breeze coming from within the cemetery. Also we began to get very edgy and our hair was sticking up everywhere. Like we felt really scared. The dogs were getting antsy and worried looking... One of them is a pitbull/rotweiler combined. So whatever it was that was in there, wasnt good. We took some pics right into the cemetery and here is what they look like.

On the way out, (Long tree lined entrance, at least 1/4 mile) we were really scared someone was following us. So we kept looking back, my friend said hey look at that to me as we were hastily exiting. There was a dog trotting after us under the light post. It was within the light, but still appeared to be all black. Really weird, our real life dogs didn't notice a thing and just kept walking as we were staring back. We really did see this, I have no doubt in my mind, its not like we heard something in the bushes or thought we saw something. IT WAS WALKING IN FULL LIGHT. It did not seem to be malicious, but sort of trotting somewhat fast at us. Anyway we kept walking and hoping there wouldnt be a dog fight. Anyway it lagged back and seemed to luander around near one spot until we left. I dont know if it was a real dog or not? I think it would've approached us as there was no house nearby.

Oh yah and I was wondering if anyone else sees something in the top of that tree in the picture??

And also how much do you people know about orbs, are they really spirits? Or just camera tricks or somethinG? Because when we were taking the pictures there was NO LIGHT WHATSOEVER!!!! and especially the bright red one near the road. Well any input would be appreciated.

Enough ghost hunting for this weekend . ttyl.

Edited by whitegreyhat

Welcome to the forums, White. For once, it's good to see a new poster who actually has proof to back up his stories rather than someone swearing his was abducted. thumbsup.gif

All of those are extremely interesting pictures especially, the first and last. I don't know much about Ghosts and the such (it's just not my field). o.O Good luck on answers!

Watch out when your lurking around Pine Woods. It's heavily posted and patroled. Your only supposed to enter with permission from the Town of Brunswick. The phone number to call is on the gates It has a long history and I had some encounters there about twenty years ago. I haven't been back, it was enough for me. Albany Rural is also one of my haunts grin2.gif Try Oak Wood cemetary in Troy. You should get some action there. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the advice celtic pagan. We did not get permission to enter, we should do that next time huh lol? We tried to sneak is as quiet as we could, when still parking our car on the side of the road. Well i have to go now but iwill be back later.

I am thinking about trying to get permission and maybe spending the night in either pine wood or albany rural. Maybe you would be interested in it ?? I just want to see if all the legends are true.. lol or maybe i dont :/ but if you have aim feel free to contact me djkrash65 i would be interested in your experiences. I am only 22 and am new to most of this...

Nikolaos thanks for welcoming me to the board!

Edited by whitegreyhat

yo white. welcome to the UM forums. those are some great pics you got. and that cemetary sounds creepy. lotsa orbs too. anyways, keep up the good work with the ghost investigation.

I was reading about Forest Park a week or two ago; looking/not looking forward to checking it out when a friend comes back down this way. I'm curious about the level of activity, but some of the stories I've read and pics I've seen make me want to stay far, far, far away. Wish I could track down a copy of the Life Magazine it was mentioned in... wonder if any of the libraries would have it on film or file? If I recall, the story ran in September of '80. I wonder _who_ decided it belonged in the top ten, and better yet, how they came to that conclusion.

Oak Wood and Albany Rural are two I wouldn't mind checking out. Due to lack of transport and an equal lack of people nutty enough to accompany me, the only cemetery I've been in as of late is Vale here in Scumnectady, which is like two and a half blocks from my house. Wanted to show my friend the Dark Angel, who bleeds from her eyes (I've seen this more than once), but it was dark and I was disoriented and CREEPED... and we didn't make it that far in. My friend did get some interesting photos though... a few orbs, and things that appeared to have red eyes and resemble gargoyles. We hit cold spot on the way in and heard footsteps, though there were no people behind us. However, when he stepped off to snap a pic, I looked back and saw a shadowy figure on the path -- and it *couldn't* have been an actual person. We hit the cold spot again when we were leaving, and something tapped the roof of his van when we were preparing to get in and drive back off. Also, there was an insane drain on the batteries in his cam -- they were fresh, but 10-15 mins of use and they were nearly dead. Cam was also hot, though it cooled and the battery level came allllll the way back up just minutes down the road.

In regards to your question about orbs, while I can't say I KNOW it for a FACT, I do believe that yes, in a lot of cases, they're spirit energy of some kind. Of course, what some try to pass of as orbs can be explained as dust, lighting/reflection, insects, rain/snow, etc etc.

nice pics white. I hope in the future you will have more pics to show. Happy Hunting.

I'm not sure I'm convinced by photos depicting so called "orbs" at all. I have taken many pictures on which orbs have appeared, in fact I believe these show up quite regularly on photos taken with digital cameras. Also I don't really believe that graveyards are any more likely to be haunted than anywhere else, in fact I would think less so. Why would a spirit hang around in a graveyard? Surely if you were going to come back you would visit somewhere that had meaning in your life when you were alive. That said, I'm no expert on the subject and don't know the area where these photos were taken.

Wonderfull pics whitegreyhat. Are there any legends concerning black dogs in the area??

Welcome to the forum white. the 1st photo, i can't really make the woman's head out whistling2.gif . the rest of the photos are facinating. the orbs look lovely. Nice photos all the same thumbsup.gif

Also I don't really believe that graveyards are any more likely to be haunted than anywhere else, in fact I would think less so. Why would a spirit hang around in a graveyard?

While I agree that that graveyards aren't more likely to be haunted than other locations are, I do feel that cemeteries are likely to have a higher concentration of spirit activity than other places would... due to things like size, age, and the sheer number of dead on site. A higher level of activity means things are more likely to be noticed. Also, unlike a lot of places, graveyards are easy to gain entrance to... which makes them an ideal spot to search.

I'm not an expert by any means, so may be completely off... but I can think of a few reasons spirits might hang around graveyards.

For starters, it's been said that spirits feed on energy and attention... and cemeteries are an ideal place for them to find those things, allowing them to gain or maintain strength. They're frequently visited by people who are acknowledging the dead, seeking them out, and perhaps feeling intense emotion (be it fear, grief, sorrow, etc -- which require an enormous amount of energy). Easier to stick around and wait on a sure thing than go out and search for it, you know. Then there's the fact that some simply aren't *bright* enough to leave. Some of them may be keeping an eye on their place of rest, or perhaps visiting the graves of the ones they loved. Some of them may be there simply because they feel that it's their place.

As for your being sure those "coming back" would visit locations that had meant things to them in their lifetimes, I've got to disagree because for a lot of them, these places no longer exist or have changed so much that there's probably no point in being there.

Thanks white, for showing me the site. Hey everyone, name's dave. I have been going to forest park for about 2 yrs and i strongly believe there is a great deal of spiritual energy there. I have pics of forest park, as well as some other places ive been to if you want to check them out: Paranormal Pics

I am also in an investigation group in the ny capital region. If interested go to: CRIPT

Enjoy!

As for your being sure those "coming back" would visit locations that had meant things to them in their lifetimes, I've got to disagree because for a lot of them, these places no longer exist or have changed so much that there's probably no point in being there.

I think you may have hit on an interesting point here. Could this be the reason why some spirits apparantly cause disturbances? Perhaps they are confused and upset by the changes which have taken place since they past on? Just a thought.

I think you may have hit on an interesting point here. Could this be the reason why some spirits apparantly cause disturbances?

From what I've read (and I hate having to fall back on what I've read, rather than what I know, but I've nothing in the way of firsthand knowledge here), yes, a lot of times, that seems to be the case... especially in homes. Mediums and Psychics convey that the spirit they've contacted in such cases are miffed because someone/someones has/have "invaded" its space, and they do the things they do in a bid to run them off.

in the second pic, it looks like something is hanging out of the tree and grabbing onto a branch

Thanks for the post and the pics. wink2.gif

Clearly they do show orbs but as far as them being spirits, I'm not convinced, sorry. When in the open air, there are a number of natural explanations to rule out prior to considering if the orbs are paranormal - for example, is there any moisture in the air or rain, were the trees shedding any small particles of dust/dirt/bark etc, and of course there's wind-bourne particles.

Plus, some of the orbs are clearly diamond-shaped, which suggests that the camera you used is translating the light source into something else because of its lens. There was a similar camcorder recording which the owner said showed a diamond-shaped Ufo, but there was a lens problem which caused it.

That said, there would have to be a light source of some kind there to begin with. So I don't know what the light is reflecting from, but it's probably not diamond-shaped. dontgetit.gif

As for graveyards being more haunted than other places - spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based so they might follow the person into the grounds but are less likely to be based there. Ghosts tend to be echoes of former events, so would be unlikely to be seen in graveyards, rather they would be seen where the event happened.

As for spirits not being 'bright' enough to leave - hmmm - spirits are limited only by their own belief and their level of advancement, not usually by being thick.

thumbsup.gif

As for graveyards being more haunted than other places - spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based so they might follow the person into the grounds but are less likely to be based there...

As for spirits not being 'bright' enough to leave - hmmm - spirits are limited only by their own belief and their level of advancement, not usually by being thick.

Do you _know_ spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based, or is it a theory on your part? Even if you can back it up as being fact, I feel that there are exceptions to every rule... save for the one that states "if riot so much as *thinks* about that cheesecake, her hips are going to expand" blink.gif

It seems to me that if these spirits are more often people-based, and simply tagging along for the cemetery trips, that those who notice them in graveyards (through photos, videos, evps, readings, psychic ability, etc etc) would likely notice them elsewhere, like in their homes. Perhaps a number of these spirits are "free agents", attached to neither set people or locales and simply doing what they will.

In regards to the last bit, I said *some* spirits weren't so bright, not all... and IMO, a low level of advancement can be labeled thickness.

in the second pic, it looks like something is hanging out of the tree and grabbing onto a branch

yah it could be a lot of things. if you look at it alot

and loon boy, you are wrong, theres was absolutely no source of light. i know i am not a professional ghost hunter or anything but for me those pictures are pretty strong proof. i wasnt trying to convince people, more than just share my experiences. i think if you were with me you might feel differently. the orginal pictures are all black . showing almost nothing... they had to be lightened up. in order to see anything. i have the originals if your interested.

Edited by whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat: I don't see a thing atop the trees...

whoever inquired about the woman by the orb... tis a small head in the top of the tree... about the middle of the width near the top.

post-10-1090387914.jpg

Wardrich, thats what i was speaking about , the woman next to the orb. the tree pic thing is the last one posted, i have no idea what it is , if anything!

Edited by whitegreyhat

and loon boy, you are wrong, theres was absolutely no source of light. i know i am not a professional ghost hunter or anything but for me those pictures are pretty strong proof. i wasnt trying to convince people, more than just share my experiences. i think if you were with me you might feel differently. the orginal pictures are all black . showing almost nothing... they had to be lightened up. in order to see anything. i have the originals if your interested.

If there was no source of light, then there would not be an image on your photo. The orb would be the source of light. If the pictures were black and you had to light blast them, then maybe the technique you used made a lot more of them than was originally present.

I'm still not convinced by orbs despite capturing them myself on camera.

I'm glad you shared your experience, and I'm not saying that you are wrong (that would be rude) but more that I have a different take on it.

Do you _know_ spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based, or is it a theory on your part?

I have had spiritual experiences and I know a lot of people who are very developed in mediumship and spiritualism and they are all of the same mind. Spirits are free agents if they understand how it works. If they don't, they're more likely to fall foul of thinking they are 'stuck' in a location.

Naturally I can't prove what I've just said, but it has been my experience and that of my associates/friends.

Believe what you will, it's your option. I was just sharing my own opinion. original.gif

There's nothing paranormal in Albany, or troy..

Except maybe the mysterious drug dealers in arbor hill.. laugh.gif

On a serious note.. I'll have to check this out.. and bring much better video equiptment.

Edited by hunterkiller2001