Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sighting: Pine Woods Cemetery Troy NY.

whitegreyhat

i must say. last summer, 5 friends and i would go to pinewoods, orr, forest park cemetary everynight. it was incredable. sometimes we would spend the night. those were the creepiest. i woke up once at around 2 in the morning. there's a blue fog that sets in. like, electric blue. and it's only inside the cemetary. i wish i had a camera. but my friends and i flipped out, and ran, we mostly created fear from each other, because there's nothing petrifying (sp) about a blue fog. in any event, we ran, rachel and i ran, out of the cemetary, where there was no fog on the street at all. it was the strangest thing. blink.gif

we'd often see dark shadows skirting along the edge near what used to be the main building/thing. creepy things i tell you. very interesting, though. very.

pinewoods used to be so beautiful.

i do apologize for messing that entry up with the codes.

in any event, i meant to also say, i'm going there tomorrow night with my friend, one of the ones i used to go with all the time. we haven't all gone together, so we thought it'd be nice to go and share all the memories, and remember everything that scared me so bad i was sqeezing his hand until he said

"trina, that's kinda hurting.."

heh. sorry. huh.gif

ok i believe the orbs as iv seen en on my digital cam

white do u no n e thin abut the history of the place? wat u saw culd have been happenng 4 years an years to ppl

at night when the air cools down there is alot of moisture in the air, especially in the woods. Those small droplets will show up as orbs.

also a lott of animals reflect light which can show up as light stripes and so on.

not saying the orbs on all pics are droplets, but the pic with almost a million on it are waterdroplets for sure.

bright pictures can come when you don't give the camera enough time to focus and adjust light and contrast. especially in the dark, digital camera's turn the light extremely high and then reduce it till it is acceptable

I dont know much about the history, supposedly it is built on an indian burial ground. I dont see any real way to logically prove it, I dont think indians kept records on paper or anything like that.

I have heard that several of the care-takers have committed suicide. And the whole thing is just an experience. Like smelling the scent of roses strongly when near one of the infamous graves.

That is probably the best theory i have heard about orbs. Most people say its dust, like theres dust flying around in the middle of the woods on a clear windless, day hmmmm interesting theory. I dont think that animals reflect the light, i am pretty familar with the flora and fauna of the northeast us, there are really no animals naturally like that.

Most people say its dust, like theres dust flying around in the middle of the woods on a clear windless, day hmmmm interesting theory

there is no need for wind to have dust in the air

did you ever looked at sunrays when you were at home. Did you see the dust particles?

nice pics white as others said before me its nice to see someone with pics instead off just stories! *is guilty of doing this as well though*

Hi. I'm the founder of CRIPT in the capital region of NY. I'd like to share a few facts on Forest Park and ghost pics in general.

1. I have spoken with Time-Life Magazine, They would love to know the issue number and page of the so called list? For that matter, so would I. Still haven't found it.(Urban Legend?)

2. No Indian Graveyard has ever been documented at that location. (Urban Legend!)

3. 98% of the stories surrounding the site are based on the same two widely circulated stories

4. Dust is always in the air, Shine your flashlight at night. Also, air is ALWAYS in motion, doesn't matter if you can feel the wind or not. Dust is always in the air unless you are in a scientific clean room. Most orbs are dust or flash reflections. This can be reproduced easily. Dust is heavy on site at Forest Park. My flashlight has proved that many times. Camera's are very prone to pick up dust at night as the film is begging for exposure. That's why orbs are generally rare during the day. Do you really think spirits care what time it is?

5. Any mammals eyes can reflect light in an odd way. Has to do with the fact that our eyes are lenses.

Forest Park has a huge reputation surrounding it. But the rep is fed by word of mouth among teens. This fact kills 99% of what you hear about it. Hell, if it's so damn haunted, why is it also a big party spot for the teens to go get drunk in. Your screams were probably teens playing in the woods. Really haunted areas don't attract partygoers for long. Teens generally don't have any real guts when it comes to the paranormal and bolt when scared. Forest Park is HEAVY in beer trash. Yes I believe there may be some activity there, but I don't think it belongs on any 100 most haunted lists. Much of the activity I have seen there has not stood up to scientific method at all. Much of it is just plain old fashion nature. And continuing to spread rumors such as a top ten list everyone has heard about but no one can find, and an Indian cemetery that never existed is just bad research and adding to baseless hype. Sorry... If we are to ever have any real evidence of the spirit world, good research and the ability to disprove our own evidence will be critical. Otherwise we all look like dingbats shouting ghost stories to scare the children.

Edited by Executer99

And continuing to spread rumors such as a top ten list everyone has heard about but no one can find, and an Indian cemetery that never existed is just bad research and adding to baseless hype. Sorry... If we are to ever have any real evidence of the spirit world, good research and the ability to disprove our own evidence will be critical. Otherwise we all look like dingbats shouting ghost stories to scare the children.

252100[/snapback]

I wouldn't refer to my mention of the article (and/or possibility of the site being built on an Indian burial ground) as spreading rumour; not once did I attempt to pass it off as fact or state that it was true (notice my excessive use of the word 'supposedly' in that post, along with phrases such as "it's been said" and "from what I've heard". Golly, gosh and gee... I even went so far as to point out that I _hadn't_ seen the article myself!

IMO, good research includes the stories/legend/folklore related to a site, so long as these things aren't passed off as fact -- and again, not once did I attempt to pass what I said off as fact. Proof/disproof are fantastic things; perhaps the reason I mentioned the article, the date of it's supposed release AND _questioned_ its availability on film or file at local libraries... was as so that people could go out and have a place to begin the search, so that people could attempt to verify it as being fact or fiction, to possibly prove or disprove the tale...

I was not directly attacking anyone. I was just stating facts and killing rumors. So if you took it to heart, you need to look at yourself and figure out why what I said struck such a short nerve. Especially since you were not the only one refering to these two topics. It's not personal if I don't use your name. Spreading any information that has not been verified is continuing the spread of rumors. Anybody can continue to spread a rumor and cover their collective butts by putting the word supposedly in it. Hell that's what cut and paste is for. Sending new people on a wild goose chase to find info that doesn't exist is not giving them a good place to start. It's giving them a place to become disheartened.

If people want the best place to start on info of Forest Park, Try the Troy NY Library. They have the origonal plans for the site. Did you know that there are quite a few Masonic Tombstones in the cemetery? There is one with the FATAL symbol.

WhiteGreyHat. There are records of the indian graveyards. I found reference to the records at the state library. It mentions that there are only 2 indian burial grounds in Rens. County. I was able to confirm Forest Park as not being one of them without locating the records. The state library has great resources, but free up a day and be prepared to shove your nose in a pile of books.

Edited by Executer99

Great pics. I don't know if it was already mentioned (I don't have a chance to read all the replies). But however, in the first picture, the one with the womens face in it, I can totally see a man standing in the grass in the opening between what looks like 2 trees. I can see a man looking to his left. It looks like he is wearing a suit or something that the coat is buttoned in the middle. It also appears that he has a cane he is leaning on in his left hand. I swear this what I see, I had a long day at work and next to no sleep, so it is possible I am losing my mind blink.gif . Just thought I would bring this to your attention.

I was not directly attacking anyone. I was just stating facts and killing rumors. So if you took it to heart, you need to look at yourself and figure out why what I said struck such a short nerve. Especially since you were not the only one refering to these two topics. It's not personal if I don't use your name. Spreading any information that has not been verified is continuing the spread of rumors. Anybody can continue to spread a rumor and cover their collective butts by putting the word supposedly in it. Hell that's what cut and paste is for. Sending new people on a wild goose chase to find info that doesn't exist is not giving them a good place to start. It's giving them a place to become disheartened.

252711[/snapback]

I don't recall claiming you were directly attacking anyone, nor do I recall posting anything that was in any way, shape, or form an attack on you. You didn't strike a short nerve or any nerve at all. I replied not because I was offended, but because I felt it was my place to do so, being someone who had mentioned the things you chose to complain about. Also, as I was the first to mention those things in this thread, it seems logical your post -was- directed at me to some extent. No, I'm not the only one who mentioned the article or the possibility of the site being built on sacred ground... nor am I the only one who made absolutely zero effort to pass what was said off as being fact. FWIW, I don't recall any of the people who _did_ mention those things claiming to know that they were true.

I don't use terms like 'it's been said...', 'i imagine...' or 'supposedly...' to cover my butt. I use them to _make it clear_ to those reading my posts that I don't know something to be factual, that I'm offering a THEORY, that I haven't verified something firsthand. I have absolutely no need to "cover (my) butt" ... unlike some people <cough>, I'm not here to be pretentious, to act as if I'm in the least bit important, or pretend that I'm enlightened and above everybody else whistling2.gif

I'm not sending people on a wild goose chase; I don't recall _demanding_ anyone go and search for the article... nor do I expect anyone would obey me had I done just that. I don't recall claiming to be the Christopher Columbus or the Carnival Cruise line of the paranormal realm; it's not my duty to give people a good place to start. I prefer they find their own ways and come to their own beliefs regarding spirit activity and hauntings and the like... and truth be told, I'd prefer people were given misinformation and A MEANS to DISPROVE IT, rather than being TOLD what they can/cannot believe. Perhaps I'm wrong, but having "facts" dictated and pounded into your head is probably just as disheartening (if not more so) than wondering, theorizing, researching and then finding out something is false.

Having facts given to you allows you to expand your scope beyond that which is already known. I gave information that is not spread around the internet because it is the unpopular truth. Information that is needed to do a serious study on the site. You are the one who brought the idea that your posting of rumor was to give people a place to start. And implying that I think I am above everyone else because I gave researched and validated information is preposterous. I am simply advocating good research and trying to put misleading and false information out of circulation. Doing so will, hopefully, reduce the amount of teens looking for a good scare on the site. As well as the blatant destruction and vandalism inherent with the site being so popular. This will help reduce the restrictions on the site that were put into place by the town of Brunswick and eliminate the trash making the site resemble the town dump. The other result I hope to accomplish with the publication of the unpopular truth is to encourage fellow researchers to stop spreading urban legends and instead research the truth. If that makes me sound better than everyone else, then I am sorry. I love the site, and work for the ability to continue my studies there. If anyone has taken offense to anything I have said, I apologize to you. But I do not apologize for posting the findings of my research.

The CRIPT Team has repeatedly found that the facts surrounding Forest Park are much more interesting than the fiction. The history of the cemetery is unique and fascinating. It might not be a gateway to hell, but it is one of the strangest layouts for a cemetery. Its occupants were brought from as far away as Rhode Island to be buried at the site. And the site has a burial as recent as 2002. Many of the graves at the site are unmarked, and some of the stones that remain have been moved from their owners plot. There is an old crypt on the site, even thou records don't list any other structure outside of the mausoleum. Every time we visit the site we stumble on something new and interesting. Not always paranormal in nature, but the mundane seems to only add to the flavor of the site.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm new. Just moved to Troy, and totally need to get in there!

Does anyone know of any websights or anything that explain the cemetary more extensively? let me know.

Here are some "facts" for you. I used to live adjacent to Pinewoods Cemetery. I took a walk through there one day because I appreciate old gravestones and wanted to check it out. I made sure to go in the daytime, however.

Not long after entering the Cemetery, I had this negative feeling (like negative energy) that I just ignored and kept walking. Suddenly my legs started to itch. Then they started to itch and burn MORE, It made me walk faster..I wanted to get home. By the time I exited the cemetery my legs felt like they were on FIRE. I tried to run, but my legs felt like lead..The itch was intense! I scurried home and no sooner had I rounded the corner on my street, out of sight of the cemetery, but my symptoms stopped immediately.

So you might think "stress reaction." Yet I have never before and not since experienced this. Also, I was not feeling at all stressed while initially strolling through Pinewoods. It was a beautiful, bright sunny day.

That place has some kind of bizarre energy. I challenge anyone who dismisses that reality to go there ALONE and see what happens.

I won't be doing it any time soon again.. blink.gif

At first I couldnt see the woman at all until I was told to look up, do you know how freaked i was!I nearly cried...she looks "The Ring" like! crying.gif

At first I couldnt see the woman at all until I was told to look up, do you know how freaked i was!I nearly cried...she looks "The Ring" like! crying.gif

291463[/snapback]

Sorry but can some body point out this so called ghost i have 20/20 vision i have been looking at this picture for a good half an hour cant see anything but outlines caused by the way the picture is taken you know somtimes clouds form shapes and outlines don't mean s@#t.

seems to me like mass hysteria!!!

Hey Preist79, see if this helps ya! thumbsup.gif[attachmentid=5948]

291550[/snapback]

That is not scary can barely make it out now i have seen somthing that looks scarier in this picture

ANYBODY PLEASE REPLY IF YOU SEE THIS TO:

AGAIN IN THE TREE ABOUT 2-3 INCHES TO THE LEFT OF HER HEAD IN A DIAGONAL UPWARD MOVEMENT THERE IS A FACE JUST THE FACE WITH WITH THE EYES GLAZED OVER MOUTH OPEN YOU CAN SEE EVERYTHING MOUTH, EYES NOSE ,HAIR AND FACE OUTLINE JUST AT THE END OF THE LEAVES IN THE FLASH TIDDLYJEN are you sure this is not what everybody has been looking at as you pointed me towards the bark of the tree instead but i saw somebody say she looks like the girl from the ring and this face does not the one on the bark.

there is also something in the centre of the picture, looks kinda like an aztec god almost weird huh! I think the tree could be jsut natural lines in the tree though ohmy.gif

OMG now I can see the other one too!Im scared crying.gif ...there is still that weird face that I pointed out....invert the colours on the picture I attatched earlier and you can CLEARLY see it then...I swear it's there too crying.gif

OMG now I can see the other one too!Im scared crying.gif ...there is still that weird face that I pointed out....invert the colours on the picture I attatched earlier and you can CLEARLY see it then...I swear it's there too crying.gif 

292601[/snapback]

its not in your picture babe its at the end of the light from the flash by the last part of the leaves above the black hole in the middle a greeny blue looking face with glazed eyes and open mouth its in the big picture at the beggining off the topic

Priest

still watching you all

yeah i know...i mean there is another thing on the trunk and you see it better if you invert the colours

yeah i know...i mean there is another thing on the trunk and you see it better if you invert the colours

293340[/snapback]

oh yeah i can see it but it's not as scary as the one in the leaves