Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global Domination

nightbird

as a world power untill 60 years ago, also did alot of mistakes in the middle-east (actually, most of today's problems in this region is a result of wrong British and French actions). And as an ex-British colony, I can tell you that the British weren't really moral in their actions over seas.

Really erikl according to babs that all took place a couple of centuries ago lol.

Seriously yes everyone does make mistakes.

Thing is in our defense we havent done it for 60 years we wont hopefully make mistakes like nthat again.

America is just repeating the mistakes that france , britain , spain , portugal, and russia have already made, at least we have became civilised enough to realise that empires have no place.

I doubt highly that after the Iraq DEBACLE and thats what it is, britain will not be gettin involved in any future hairbrained bush schemes, the public support simply isnt there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Stellar

• wunarmdscissor

• Falco Rex

WHAT IS THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE? you make it sound so horrible, yet you don't define it

My God Nightbird. If you pound that soapbox any harder it will collapse under you. If you don't think Americans are so bad as a people then fine. But don't presume to tell us to vote or not, or assume you know how the vast majority of the public feels about the government and the media.

I'm sorry you can't be bothered to write what instances you feel typify imperialism in this century. I'd think if you could be bothered to write an essay longer than some school reports you could be bothered to back it up..

I put it to you that many of these instances you're going to post if you can be bothered are often the result of America trying to clean up someone else's mess. And if we failed miserably at least we had the heart to try.If my country truly wanted to take over the world it could have so long before now..

So please; look at this rationally and shelve your paranoia.

And very few of us going into this past election knew how the Bush administration was going to end up; but that's why we have an election every 4 years. So there you go..

And thanks to every one who posted after with words of support. They are appreciated. If you have a problem with our government then ok, vent away. But you really shouldn't comment on how Americans view their government, media, or educational system though without actually being here, because frankly; you just can't know.

How does being a smart-ass for no real reason help your side of the argument any? At least I took the time to post a considered response that wasn't personally insulting to someone who disagrees with me.And for how ever much Nightbird disagrees with me at least he did the same..

What do you contribute besides an emoticon? You've managed to offend a great deal of people in a short amount of time Alis. What might that say about you?

Edited by Falco Rex

i dont want to get into an arguement falco but i found some of your statements a bit deluded in my opinion. im not going to elaborate because i think its obvious when you read what youve written, where you become deluded. i dont feel i have to point it out because to me, its obvious. now im going to get back to my whistling2.gif

What ? That hateful judgements and blanket statements foster hatred and split us farther apart at a time when we need to come together and reach an understanding with each others' countries. Because so far many of the replies to this thread seem to be bearing me out. And you seem hell-bent on contributing to it. Notice that despite my feelings about my own country I've never said one hostile word about anyone else's on this forum. Ever..

im sorry if ive insulted the american people, but its the government i have qualms over. i have family in california actually. i certainly dont dislike someone for where they come.

im sorry if ive insulted the american people, but its the government i have qualms over. i have family in california actually. i certainly dont dislike someone for where they come.

I guess, Alis, I don't really understand your hatred for Bush when you, as an Iranian, have Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to worry about. Forgive me, but isn't he way more of a threat to you and your family's way of life, than Bush?

So, please tell me why you find Bush so bad? Atleast with him, you have the right to dislike him, even if it is just merely you jumping on the bandwagon.

Reese

Ok, and why would they die at the hands of Bush, when you have Ayatollah Ali Khamenei ??? Stop the overkill on dramatics and just answer the questions, thanks... .. (Don't want this to be going over your head again, so my apologies are extended) wink2.gif

im leaving the forum for a few hours cos i cant stand the bull**** that comes from your mouth. if you really believe everything you say, then you need help girl.

Yeah, you leave now.... In the mean time, I will allow you to delude yourself to the REAL reasons you are leaving....

When you return, might you have done some homework on the leaders and their agenda in your native Iran??? I do hope so, so we can talk on an even level when you return, wihtout fear of things blowing over your head.. Now, go off, do your studying up on Iran leaders... Hurry now!!! Run, before Bush invades without provocation...

And again, Reese, with an S..

She's not called the political goddess for nothing! tongue.gif

Great show original.gif Now, next time you have a duel, try to come up with something to say. Persistence and passion you have, but not much to offer to your readers. you could as well go on about this in private or in chat, 'cause for forum you serve nothing.

Great show original.gif Now, next time you have a duel, try to come up with something to say. Persistence and passion you have, but not much to offer to your readers. you could as well go on about this in private or in chat, 'cause for forum you serve nothing.

Uh, ok, oh wise one of the forum.... Now that, Erikl, was brilliance in it's finest hour...

Maybe you could take your comments to the PM, for all you just offered, it might be better served privately...

Reese

So, please tell me why you find Bush so bad? Atleast with him, you have the right to dislike him, even if it is just merely you jumping on the bandwagon.

Weren't a bunch of people wearing anti-bush t-shirts arrested and accused of being terrorists recently? huh.gif

Where Sera?? Where did you hear that??

Ok, I think I just found the post on here where it says they were 'arrested for wearing Anti-Bush shirts'.... I shouldn't have to point out that it says in the same article that the couple is fighting the 'trespassing' charge against them.. They weren't 'charged' with wearing anti- Bush shirts.

Just as with any case against any defendant, they have a right to their opinions, and saying that they were arrested for wearing shirts, is just hearsay and their opinions, until proof is shown. There is always more to the story. Although this couple says they were doing nothing wrong, that is their statement. I do know, however, that almost everyone arrested, says they 'did nothing wrong'.

Reese

Edited by reese2

My understanding is that they were asked to leave and didn't, hence the trespassing charges

It says in the article that they had tickets, like everyone else at the rally. People without such t-shirts were allowed to say.

It also says this...

Since Bush took office in early 2001, people have been banned from displaying anti-Bush messages at dozens of Bush appearances across the country. In September, the ACLU filed a federal lawsuit against the Secret Service, seeking an injunction against the Bush administration for segregating protesters at his public appearances.

They were arrested for expression their opinion, because there were not doing it in a "protest area". According to knew Bushite laws, it is apparantly illegal to express any kind of anti-bush sentiment within sight or hearing of Bush. They were arrested when they refused to leave; tresspassing had nothing to do with it, they expressed an opinion in a peaceful manner, and were arrested for doing so.

Bush really is a great and moral leader, isn't he rolleyes.gif

I guess leaving aside Bushs' "Greatness" for a minute tongue.gif ; look at it this way. The fact that they even have an area for protestors is something. If the other protesters can stay where they're supposed to then why shouldn't that couple be able to also?

I don't really agree with this arrest myself as they seem like a harmless pair overall. But it the Secret Service has a job to do. They can't be watching out and worrying about who stands where and still effectively safeguard the President.

So they made a choice by arresting these people who wouldn't go to where they were supposed to be. It may have been the wrong one in the end. But that happens sometimes...

And let's face it; if anybody has to worry about assassins it's Bush. The Service is probably in a high old state of paranoia about now. And of course these protesters are going to make a huge deal out of it. It's tailor made for a law suit and free anti- Bush publicity..

The fact that they even have an area for protestors is something. If the other protesters can stay where they're supposed to then why shouldn't that couple be able to also?

Shouldn't protesters have a right to see their President (such as he is) and make their voice heard? If Bush is only going to appear before die hard republicans, and openly shun and segregate everyone else, exactly what kind of light does that throw on people's rights of free speach?

I can understand keeping a careful eye on people who are obvious present in an anti-Bus capacity, but putting a leash on when and where they're allowed to express an opinion that is neither causing anyone any harm, or even inflamatory enough to warrent asking them to leave sounds like a huge kick in the backside to not only their rights, but democracy in general.

reese may be a political goddess to some, to others u r a ******** with the same IQ of ur president bush. What is it 70 or something? A real jenius to become ruler of a country.

alis, a friendly piece of advise, as you are resonably new.

As much as Reese may have upset you, It may be wise to a least keep your responses a little chilled.

The mods take a dim view on flaming and general muck throwing, so be advised and keep it civil.

thumbsup.gif